• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ElizeElvinFoxRyder

elizevdmerwe: Amazon-Mom Rainbow Promises to herself

Week 6:

Started working on the back room: carrying stuff out, sorting, throwing out, keeping other stuff. What do you other HS parents keep with regards to your children's work? I have a box and a bit full of "preschool"/gr.R work, and a lot of 3D cardboard puzzles, pottery items, etc. that they have made these last two years. Maybe I should just keep it for another year or so.
I took down the shelves and will be taking down the brackets today, filling holes, etc. so a bit of up-down, up-down on those 70cm high chairs.  I can't empty the room, so I have to move the furniture around to first sand and wash one half of the room and ceiling, then the other half. Hubby is not happy with some of the adjustments I asked him to make with regards to the shelves, but he understands why I asked. Hopefully I'll be able to start painting one half of the room tomorrow!

• Water was ok, but I did drink a bit more coffee - seems to be a planning thing.
  • Sleep 7+hrs - I manage 7 hours most of the time, then one night of too little sleep, another night of crashing early, then I'm back to 7hrs.
  • Carbs < 75g has actually been good. Been eating mostly from the green list of foods, with fats keeping me satiated, and I actually changed most of the days to eating only two meals, with one snack in between.
  • Jumping Jacks done twice this week, and I walked on Tuesday.
  • I didn't do my set up body weight routine, instead started cleaning the back room (because I'm on a deadline), and moved a lot of furniture, boxes, wooden shelves, books, and the like, around.

I don't know when the next challenge starts, but I might have to skip, because I know I'm not going to do BW routine. When I finish this back room, I might as well start with the passage, as it isn't long, and also only need plain white paint, but everything has to be painted - walls, cupboard doors, bookcase... All the paint preparations are hard work and takes time, and I LOVE doing it.

cutcaster-photo-100504131-Cute-house-pai

I don't know when the next challenge starts, but I might have to skip, because I know I'm not going to do BW routine. When I finish this back room, I might as well start with the passage, as it isn't long, and also only need plain white paint, but everything has to be painted - walls, cupboard doors, bookcase... All the paint preparations are hard work and takes time, and I LOVE doing it.

I think you can totally still do the challenge even if your activity focus is on painting.  You have a lot of goals and we love to see what you're up to!  :)  Sometimes people have "un-challenge" threads also.  In any case, keep up the good work!

• Like 1

I think you can totally still do the challenge even if your activity focus is on painting.  You have a lot of goals and we love to see what you're up to!   :)  Sometimes people have "un-challenge" threads also.  In any case, keep up the good work!

Well, my main focus is actually to slowly, but steadily loose weight. The BW exercise is just to stop me from loosing muscle instead of fat. I want to continue with the J.Jacks, and maybe alternate with rope skipping. I'll also be continuing the water and carb watch, so I guess I could just continue with the next challenge.

LOL, when I came back from the hardware store with only one tin of paint, hubby sighed with relief! He thought I would go mad and buy the chalk paint I have been talking about for our bedroom wall. As I've been searching for options and ideas for the back room, I saw my ideas for our main bedroom on Pinterest again. Around May/June when I wanted to tackle the bedroom, finances and a lot of changes here prevented me from doing it, which is actually a good thing, because I wasn't 100% sure what I wanted to do. Now I know! But I will focus on one room at a time, and the back room has to be finished fist!

Challenge Summary

I came down from 86kg to 84kg steady (weighed this morning). I still have to focus on drinking water, and sleep enough, and most definitely check my carb intake. I'll continue to focus on these because I can see that improves everything: my life, my attitude, my health... I know I have to concentrate on my strength training, or any training for that matter, but I couldn't get past the fact that I needed a break from have to do this, have to do that... The last couple of months felt too much like have to do everything, and not just live and take it one day at a time. Which is another reason I love my hubby to bits: he knew I need a challenge of another kind to bring my inner sparkle to life again, and this room-update is doing just that.

The higher good-fats-intake are definitely helping with cravings, and as I mentioned before, even changed my mealtimes. On a side note even hubby has lost a lot of weight, but feels better, and because he still goes to gym, he is definitely strong - no muscle loss there ;)

Points awarded at 3wk Challenge change: 1STA for walking + 1DEX for BW exercises till then

Goal 1 Loose Fat: 33.3% per 1kg. 84.2kg + 2CHA

67%
67%

1. Fluids: 2.38% per day. 33 days @ end of wk6 +1CON

78%
78%

2. Sleep: 2.38% per night 7+hrs sleep. 31 days @ end of wk6 +1WIS

74%
74%

3. Carbs < 75g: 2.65% per day. 28 days @ end of wk6 +1CON

74%
74%

Goal 2 New Exercise: Do at least twice a week for weeks 4, 5, and 6. 16.7% per day.

1B. Jumping Jacks: 6 days @ end of wk6 +1STA

100%
100%

2B. BW Exercises: 4 days @ end of wk6 mainly life BW, meaning a lot of physical work +2STR

67%
67%

2STA + 1DEX + 2CHA + 2CON + 1WIS + 2STR (10 of 15 points)

FINAL: 11STR + 9DEX + 11STA + 12CON + 10WIS + 12CHA

Just updating to stay on top of my things: I'll start a new challenge thread next week ;) Right now I don't know whether I am coming or going.

My weight is keeping steady around 84kg's so I am very chuffed about that. I am making some headway with the back/storage room, but had a look around at all the rooms I haven't managed to finish off quite just so... some dab of paint here and there, altogether not even a day's work, so I'll add that to the list.

List of Projects:

• Sunflower & Lavender patch outside - growing nicely especially after the much needed rain!
  • Back/Storage room - brackets off - holes filled - 2 sections of wall washed (thank you Mani!). I need to clean the ceiling, and then I can start to paint one section of the room.
  • Boys' Bedroom - finish off ceiling skirting.
  • Bathroom - finish off ceiling skirting and corners.
  • Passage - not yet started.
  • Main Bedroom - Planned mostly, work not yet started.

How can two days be so totally hectic?! My next challenge will definitely be life challenges - house projects and now changing my book order "non-profit-service" to a real small profit business. I have had so many requests from parents that hubby finally took me seriously and will write me a client/orders/stock programme. He is also (he hinted) willing to lend me "start up money" to buy the books as stock, as long as I can then make sure I always have enough stock, but he also wants me to expand and start selling other books which I will use with the boys as well.

So I think... there goes my time for the rest of the year! I have to add some form of exercise in there, otherwise the stress will get the better of me.

On the projects side: starting to paint half the room today...