Tasha, conquering the warrior pose.

Tasha

Bit of an introduction for myself. I'm 30 years old now, 5'6" and 209 pounds, down from 242! I've been married to my husband for nearly 6 years and my beautiful daughter is 3 1/2 years old. My daughter was born at 28 weeks into the pregnancy and because of some complications has a severe form of spastic cerebral palsy. Once we brought her home from the NICU, stress and exhaustion skyrocketed and over 3 years I put on over 50 pounds. Becca would only sleep for 1-3 hours at a time (a consequence of her CP)  and I was lucky to get 5-6 hours of sleep in a whole day. I spent the time binge eating at night, trying to eat my exhaustion and living a much more sedentary life then I was used to. A few months ago we finally FINALLY found a doctor that helped us with Becca's sleep and with her high tone, which means closer to normal sleep and she tolerates her stroller!

So now I'm working on getting down to 150 pounds and keeping/increasing what strength I have because toting around 26 pounds of 3 1/2 year old is not going to get easier without it! I would also like to be within a healthy weight range before we consider the possibility of a second child, which still scares me, a lot. 

My first challenge went really well and I feel like I've built the habit of both consistently calorie counting and doing some form of activity six days a week. I have noticed my flexibility has become appalling so I'm switching up my focus a bit this challenge.

Goal 1: Yoga 3 times a week.

I have a 30 day beginner program picked out that should take me through the entire 6 weeks.

Goal 2: Do the Couch to 5k running program 3 times a week.

So after a badly sprained wrist I'm changing my focus over to the 5k running program. I want to give it a fair shot and this seems like a great time for it and I've always admired people who can run for longer then a minute or two. I've always been overweight and terrible at running/jogging.

Goal 2: Progress my incline push ups down to the floor.

I'm going to do as many as I can on the floor, then finish with incline push ups and reducing the incline a little each week. I'm still recovering from damaging my rotator cuffs so this goal will be a bit more flexible and proper form will be most important.

Goal 3: Organizing some part of the house for at least 30 minutes a day. Or 3 1/2 hours a week.

After 3 years of just doing the necessity of house work, we have ended up with clutter piled up everywhere. (Having a MiL that shops as her hobby.. with most of the stuff we get as unnecessary junk. It's starting to drive me a little batty.) I went through some of Becca's stuff the other day to donate.. she had 2 jolly jumpers and cannot use one, at all.

I hope everyone else has a great challenge! Enjoy a couple pictures of Becca, they had to be in links because they are too big.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6f4hlVhQc2dcDRrZExlaHlyV00/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6f4hlVhQc2dWnNBMXVSdUZjYVk/view?usp=sharing

Level 2 Half-Orc Adventurer

STR 4 | DEX 1 | STA 3 | CON 4| WIS 3 | CHA 3

First Challenge

Current Challenge

I'm going to attempt the first day of a couch to 5k program today and see how it goes. If it works out I'll be restructuring my goals for that, doing the parts of yoga that I can and concentrating on parts of the house I can organize with one hand. Like the bathrooms that have lots of tiny things.

Wish me luck!

• Like 1

First Challenge

Current Challenge

Bummer on the wrist thing. :(

You should be able to find plenty of yoga you can still do. While you wont be able to do the traditional transitions, lots of poses can be done without bothrring your wrist. Theres a couple videos on (what has apparently become my favorite site to talk about) doyogawithme.com that you could do without your wrist or slight modifications. The ones that cone to mind are all done from a seated position so you wont have to worry about any down dogs or cobras thay may anger your wrist.Miw has one on her challenge thread if you want to ho take a peak.

• Like 1

Life is 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you react to it - Charles Swindoll

Current Challenge

Typos? - I blame the phone

Sorry to hear about your wrist!  Glad to hear the running is going well though.  I really liked the C25k program when I did it a few years ago.

Level 9 Ravenclaw Adventurer

STR 17.25 | DEX 12 | STA 20.75 | CON 34.75 | WIS 22 | CHA 14.75
"Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." --Michael Pollan
PREVIOUS CHALLENGES: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 CURRENT: TBA

Day 1 is going well. I went for my walk/jog but now I'm starving despite eating a big salad with tuna and avocado for lunch! Unfortunately(?) I made zucchini muffins on Saturday and I just want to eat ALL of them. We'll see if this tapers off as I get more used to it but for now I'll eat some of my exercise calories back if I need to.

First Challenge

Current Challenge

Week 1 Day 2

Yoga went okay. I picked a stretching routine but I still had to use my hand/wrist a lot and it was sore by the end of 45 minutes.

I planned out my meals and snacks better today and I feel more in control of what I'm going to eat. I ended up having five of those stupid muffins yesterday at 200 cals each, though I didn't go much into my deficit. Only about 20 calories.

I'm looking forward to jogging again tomorrow, though I'm definitely sore today from it.

• Like 1

First Challenge

Current Challenge

Week 1 Day 3

I had the car, so I decided to go jogging at the track... ugh I hated it! It was so hot plus the same thing over and over and I got clipped by a little kid on a bike. Then the rest of my day was super busy, I'm actually surprised I'm not more sore at the moment. Prelogging my food and snacks has helped me avoid temptation, so I think I'll keep that up as part of my morning routine.

This challenge is off to a good start!

First Challenge

Current Challenge

We eat a lot of the same 10-12 meals over and over with leftovers for lunch, so it's pretty easy for me to fill out my day. Plus on Sundays I plan out all the dinners for the coming week. If I don't eat something by the end of the day then I just delete it, though that doesn't happen that often for me.

Normally I just jog through my neighborhood. I think the worst part of the track was that it was hot even though I was there at 930am; an overcast day or later in the year should be better. I don't normally have the car, so I wouldn't normally go there anyway.

First Challenge

Current Challenge

Week 1 Day 5

I started the second week of the couch to 5k program and did some yoga stretching when I got home. I had been stuck hovering around 210 for a couple weeks but finally got a bit of a whoosh and jumped down to 206.8, which was nice. I'm going to try to do some organizing this weekend since I kind of dropped the ball on that goal.

First Challenge

Current Challenge