ShadowLion Stalks Her Future Self

ShadowLion

Oooh website prettiness!  As Emma said, very sleek and professional!  

In terms of the client being out of town - the delay sucks, but at least you do know you're getting paid!  And how cool will it be to have more of this kind of gig coming your way?  Very cool is how cool. 

That heat...man, I function pretty well in dry heat, but 117?  You could probably cook an egg in the palm of your hand, let alone the sidewalk.  Good thing it's Air Conditioning Appreciation week! Stay cool out there, and I hop your brain remains at optimal temperature for getting things done!

• Like 1

LEVEL ONE APPRENTICE WIZARD RANGER: HUMAN UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE

Achievements Unlocked:  Breakfast Warrior, Pushupapalooza, Quadruple Nanomaster, Return From the Dead, Gainful Employment, Leap of Faith, Minimalism Game, Get Thee Behind Me, Coffee, Camp Nerd Fitness 2015, Return From the Dead 2: The Undeadening, Gainful Employment 2: Boss Edition, Fancy Comics Person, Rogue Hair

Tumblr of VERY INTERESTING ART: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/radicalwizardtimes

Started with...

Bwah. Blew it yesterday evening and this morning. Ice cream. Skipped my workout. Stayed up until my old bedtime, got up at three anyway, then went back to bed at 4 and slept until 9:30. At least I got my seven hours in. Good thing I work for myself at this point.

And then moved onto...

Today was much better. Got quite a bit of work done, slept plenty with the addition of a nap, back on track foodwise. Had a little bit of meat at dinner, which is the first use of my allocated 2 per week allowances, so way ahead of where I thought I'd be (at 1/10 vs. expected 4/10) at this point. Withstood the heat and kept my attitude together. Spent time on my escape plan. :pirate: (More on that soon, as I am going to a workshop on Sunday that should move that further along.) Keeping up with class work. 

Sounds like you're 'pulling a Rurik' by having a lousy day and then using that impetus to bounce back the next day and hit the ground running!  It's unfortunate that we have bad days and that we let them drag us down, but it looks like you took the right path by getting back on top of things to move forward, ShadowLion.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

[Level ??] Half-Orc Witcher (Blood Hunter/Ranger)

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

SL! I see you've been doing lots of thinking and having a rough time here and there. Sorry I haven't been around to be more supportive. Since it's been so long, I guess I have a hodge podge of comments.

You mentioned D was trying to be supportive (but sometimes didn't really understand aspects of what you are shouldering) and perhaps felt like you didn't appreciate his efforts. You probably do this (and it's obvious) to tell the other person how much you do appreciate his efforts. And be specific. It makes it feel more sincere. Just my thought. I really hope you guys are able to get away camping. It sounds like a great time for it.

If we planned out an AZ Ranger camp far enough in advance, I would come. And I would be very happy to research and organize all things running. (If anyone else if interested in running...otherwise I would "Aragorn it" and still be plenty happy).

I loved the idea of your circle and square diagram.

I was thinking that even if you don't go back to firefighting, you need to be STRONG for all the other stuff you have planned. Just dealing with your property and helping your mom out. You gotta keep training!!

• Like 2

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

Shadow!  Lion!  

Hellohellohello!

• Like 1

Achievements Unlocked:  Breakfast Warrior, Pushupapalooza, Quadruple Nanomaster, Return From the Dead, Gainful Employment, Leap of Faith, Minimalism Game, Get Thee Behind Me, Coffee, Camp Nerd Fitness 2015, Return From the Dead 2: The Undeadening, Gainful Employment 2: Boss Edition, Fancy Comics Person, Rogue Hair

Quick update: Been dealing with car problems and a work bubble. Keeping the eating veggie. No gym, but home workouts. Database class kicking my butt; learning a lot. Getting ready to head up north tomorrow and mow the weed patch.

Plus, see my mom's new kitties. The local stray cat had a litter of five kittens in one of her planter mix bins. Just a day or two old when she found them yesterday and she has relocated them to the garage and lured the mama in, too. Cat taming has begun! She plans to get them all to the point of spay/neuter and adoption. Kitties!

• Like 2

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Kitties! :D

Good job keeping on top of working out and eating veggie. Sorry 'bout the car problems. :/

Thanks! And car problems have been resolved - Yay!

Will post a photo when I get the chance. My mom has one photo of them, but trying to avoid upsetting mama cat who is still pretty scared and wild. I haven't been in there to see them yet.

I had to get towed today...car trouble no fun :-(

I just saw the start of your challenge and remembered your birthday is within this cycle. Did it happen yet??

Car trouble really cuts into one's time and energy! I lucked out this time, though, as it was a clutch issue that D figured out how to fix.

Today is the day! I'm up north enjoying the cool air and pine trees this weekend. Heading out to mow the weed patch in another hour or so.

Good on your mom for not only looking at taking care of the new kitties, but already planning on getting them all fixed!  A lot of people don't remember that part.

So true. The cats I have and hers are all ones that resulted from other people's negligence. Doing our best to stop what parts of the cycle we can.

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

In honor of turning 57 today, I gifted myself the NF Yoga course. I plan to be a flexy-bendy 58!

I also updated my NF profile with some revised objectives:

1) Get back into fire-fighting shape, so that I can work on a wildland engine again.

2) Develop awesome apps that help people achieve their dreams.

3) Return to my beloved northern AZ mountains to build my little bit of heaven in the pines.

4) Bring to life the fantasy fiction series that I've been writing for lo, these many years.

I streamlined my profile a lot. Streamlining is something I plan to do a lot of in the coming year. Editing my life. Minimizing possessions to free up time, space, energy and money. Focusing in on the most important things...

Sat down and wrote out my morning pages, then came up with a rough layout of a new goal sheet that emphasizes the above ideas. It needs a little polishing up, but I got a good start on my battle plan for the coming year!

Off to ride the yard tractor round and round and round.

• Like 6

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

In honor of turning 57 today, I gifted myself the NF Yoga course. I plan to be a flexy-bendy 58!

I also updated my NF profile with some revised objectives:

1) Get back into fire-fighting shape, so that I can work on a wildland engine again.

2) Develop awesome apps that help people achieve their dreams.

3) Return to my beloved northern AZ mountains to build my little bit of heaven in the pines.

4) Bring to life the fantasy fiction series that I've been writing for lo, these many years.

I streamlined my profile a lot. Streamlining is something I plan to do a lot of in the coming year. Editing my life. Minimizing possessions to free up time, space, energy and money. Focusing in on the most important things...

Sat down and wrote out my morning pages, then came up with a rough layout of a new goal sheet that emphasizes the above ideas. It needs a little polishing up, but I got a good start on my battle plan for the coming year!

Off to ride the yard tractor round and round and round.

Now that's an awesome self-giftie.  Seen a ton of reviews from other members around these parts talking about how well put together NF Yoga is.  I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

BirthdayLOLcat.jpg

Happy birthday!

• Like 2

[Level ??] Half-Orc Witcher (Blood Hunter/Ranger)

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

Happy birthday! Yoga is a great gift. :3

Sounds like you have figured out a lot of what you want to do with year #57. That is great! Here's to a great year and an even better #58!

Happy birthday sister ranger!

meow.jpg

I like the new profile goals. Nice and streamlined.

Happy Birthday ShadowLion!

Gelukkige verjaarsdag!!!

Kitty!

Thanks for the birthday wishes! I had a really nice day. Took some time to sit under a pine tree and watch the clouds. Made some plans for how to implement my goals.

Didn't get the place mowed as the tractor battery was dead. Took it out and brought it back today to charge it and will go back next Saturday to mow.

• Like 2

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

Happy birthday! Way to celebrate it too, in a setting you love and that's pretty rangerly too. Sounds like you've recalculated things and are on the way to happiness!

Now that's an awesome self-giftie.  Seen a ton of reviews from other members around these parts talking about how well put together NF Yoga is.  I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

BirthdayLOLcat.jpg

Happy birthday!

Happy birthday!

Thanks!

Another kitty! That orange tabby cat looks like one of my mom's cats.

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

More Kitties!

The pics are pretty fuzzy as we were trying to get them without upsetting mama cat any more than she already was. I should be able to get some better ones next week. I hope.

Here they are at 4 days old:

med_gallery_17054_1921_2720107.jpg

med_gallery_17054_1921_1624926.jpg

med_gallery_17054_1921_1765285.jpg

And here at 2 days old - you can see that they have more hair above at 4 days and they have filled out some, too.

med_gallery_17054_1921_2034621.jpg

• Like 5

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

AAAH HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!  Many happy, healthy, and flexy-bendy returns!

Sounds like a fantastic day, and some good clear vision.  I know some people who stop celebrating their birthdays as they get older, but I like the way you do it - a day to reflect, center, course-correct, and enjoy yourself in exactly the ways that are meaningful to you!  Dreaming of desert pines...

Also I am freaking out about those kittens.  A lot.  Right here at my desk.  Freaking out about kittens.

KITTENS.

• Like 2

AAAH HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!  Many happy, healthy, and flexy-bendy returns!

Sounds like a fantastic day, and some good clear vision.  I know some people who stop celebrating their birthdays as they get older, but I like the way you do it - a day to reflect, center, course-correct, and enjoy yourself in exactly the ways that are meaningful to you!  Dreaming of desert pines...

Also I am freaking out about those kittens.  A lot.  Right here at my desk.  Freaking out about kittens.

KITTENS.

KITTENS! They are so cute. I wanted to take them home with me, but I have more than enough cats already.

Thanks for the bday wishes! I can see why a lot of people stop celebrating them. It just seems like so many, but I look at it as a good opportunity to see how I am doing on all those New Year's resolutions and such.

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

I am not sure it is possible to have too many cats (said the guy who make sure all his pets are sterilized.)

But I would love one of these. Seeing these big cats in the wild are awesome.

• Like 2

Level 8 : Wizard Blacksmith 

[ STR 6 | DEX 6 | STA 5 | CON 5 | WIS 10 | CHA 4 ]

Jakkals, 2019 nommer 3

Spoiler

Adapt yourself to the things among which your lot has been cast

and love sincerely the fellow creatures with whom destiny has

ordained that you shall live.

-Marcus Aurelius

My mom's kitties all have surgeries in their future, too. It is possible to have too many to afford to feed!

Love the baby jaguar!

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir