Finding cheap flights

So ladies and gentlemen, what are your tips for getting cheap flights?

I recently found out about studentuniverse.com (I'm still a student after all!) and I'm also looking into military discounts (also part of the military! just not sure where to look. Canadian Forces, not US though). Where else have you looked for flights?

I've been recommended going to kayak.com, Expedia, the airline themselves, Flight Centre and FlightHub.

Any more tips that I could try? My cousins and I are all going to Hawaii and I'm the only one who hasn't booked flights yet!

This is just really good info to know because I plan on traveling all over, either on the continent or internationally.

I'm a bit lazy to make a signature at the moment, but here's some things:

Challenge 2 | Captain's Log

Feel free to add me on Steam to play games with me! PM me before you do though; I get spam messages all the time:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/captMurasa

Read a article that says, the best way to get a cheap flight is to check the price on a third party site (e.g. Expedia.com) and than book with the airline directly, because if that third party has a cheaper price a lot of airlines do price matching now a days and you won't have to deal with third party fees

Young_Ras87

Human | Recruit | Magnificent Bastard 

[  Level: 0 | Str: 0 | Dex: 0 | Sta: 0 | Con: 0 | Wis: 0 | Cha: 0  ]

Current Challenge

I've just done a ton of research for a trip to Europe, and hands down the best prices I found were on Google Flights.  I swear I was checking about 20 different flight sites a day.  There's all sorts of other tips like applying for certain credit cards to get free miles (there are actually some in Canada), but all of that was too much work for me.

• Like 1

Since I'm from Europe I use skyscanner.net which generally finds better deals than Google Flights.

One thing that I do is decide where I want to go well in advance, like 6 months before my trip. Then I monitor "cheap travel" blogs and Facebook groups that have posts about cheap fares, sales or error fares. When a deal is posted it's usually sold out in an hour or so so it's important to act fast. Since I already know where and when I want to go I quickly make a decision and take the cheap tickets or skip them.

My friends have found $280 round-trip tickets from Europe to the US and I booked a trip from Europe to Japan round-trip for $400.

• Like 1

Since I'm from Europe I use skyscanner.net which generally finds better deals than Google Flights.

When I lived in Europe, this is the site I used. Student Universe, too! 

Today, I usually compare Google and Kayak. For work I have to use Concur. Usually, I try to fly for personal trips on Tuesday or Thursday for lower fares. 

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs