Nightsides steady as she goes challenge

Nightside

32 years old? I'm surprised they haven't disintegrated. My oldest piece of clothing is an 18 year old cardigan. It cost £100 back then!

Well done on the achievements! And have a great second holiday.

Thanks PP much appreciated.

• Like 1

It's never to late to be the person you always wanted to be.

The voice in your head telling you that you can't do it is a damn liar.

Endorphins, the best high you can have.

you are doing awesome!  :onthego:

i also have a lot of skinny clothes in my cupboard waiting for me to fit in. i like trying them on once in a while....

sitting on the sofa waiting for the evening chill to arrive... i don't manage the heat as well as i used to.

cheers!

• Like 1

10880 steps yesterday

6.8 km travelled

No gym work.

Not altogether a good day on the fitness/diet front.

Did not eat until 1.15 then had a small slice of pizza in a cafe followed by cake.

My team West Ham utd are moving to a new stadium (the Olympic Stadium) in 2016 so my wife, myself and a group of friends went to the sales office to sort out our new seats (the presentation and the computer generated views are brilliant) all done we then went to the pub.

Two pints of Peroni plus a chiliburger and chips (fries to you colonials lol) followed.

Arriving home we then had ginger cake at which point my wife opened one of the boxes of chocolates she had received on her birthday and it would have been rude to refuse, problem is i failed to refuse quite a few times.

Yesterday will not occur again for some time although we are going to stsy with friends at there holiday home later and my friend Helen is an excellent cook.

Todays thought

Strive to be better not to be perfect or like another person.

• Like 2

you are doing awesome!  :onthego:

i also have a lot of skinny clothes in my cupboard waiting for me to fit in. i like trying them on once in a while....

sitting on the sofa waiting for the evening chill to arrive... i don't manage the heat as well as i used to.

cheers!

Thanks fearless.

I love hot days, i love walking along a dusty road and seeing the heat haze shimmer on the concrete, i love sitting outside a bar/cafe in the sun drinking a cold beer, i love walking along the edge of the sea in the sun.

Someday those clothes will fit that is a given all you have to do believe and do what you know you should do. It wont be tommorow but in a years time you will love yourself for what you did today so keep on keepin on.

• Like 2

Someday those clothes will fit that is a given all you have to do believe and do what you know you should do. It wont be tommorow but in a years time you will love yourself for what you did today so keep on keepin on.

Love that comment!  I really appreciate your thoughts for the day too.  Fantastic attitude and very motivating.  After reading your posts I often leave feeling very good and even a bit better about myself.  You definitely have a unique presence.

Sounds like the other day with all the food was a challenge.  Had one of those last night.  Definitely feel physically ucky as a result.

Is your wife pretty supportive of all your efforts?

• Like 2

Food Fight - current challenge

Yeary Bug Count 0... if you are out and about then you are probably eating bugs. :onthego:

2015 - 22.5 bugs consumed

Chasing down the most awesome version of myself one step at a time.

The Character Battle Log 1 Daily Mile

Love that comment!  I really appreciate your thoughts for the day too.  Fantastic attitude and very motivating.  After reading your posts I often leave feeling very good and even a bit better about myself.  You definitely have a unique presence.

Sounds like the other day with all the food was a challenge.  Had one of those last night.  Definitely feel physically ucky as a result.

Is your wife pretty supportive of all your efforts?

Sue, thank you so much for your kind and heart warmimg words.

My wife is a truly supportive person although she does have an ability to see through my sometime bullshit and call me out on it. The good thing is we like mostly the same things but also have our own spaces. My trust in her is 100%.

• Like 2

&1

had a frustrating week and after reading here i know i just can't give up. to bad you are married, im gay and also have proposed to 18ck before you...... :onthego:

• Like 1

Nothing beats a painfully honest spouse and one that is supportive.  We have our own space which helps.  He knows mine involves getting me out and moving on a bike or for a run.

• Like 1

Food Fight - current challenge

Yeary Bug Count 0... if you are out and about then you are probably eating bugs. :onthego:

2015 - 22.5 bugs consumed

Chasing down the most awesome version of myself one step at a time.

The Character Battle Log 1 Daily Mile

Nothing beats a painfully honest spouse and one that is supportive.  We have our own space which helps.  He knows mine involves getting me out and moving on a bike or for a run.

You have that right, I tend to get home an hour or more earlier from work than she does and it normally goes something like this.

"have you been to the gym yet" (me) not sure if i will tonight (her) Ok then you better get the dinner started and their is some ironing to do (me) I think I will go to the gym. LOL.

• Like 2

Hi guys, no posts for a while due to having 20 days on holiday from mid May, I have got behind on my work and needed to do a bit to catch up, excuses excuses LOL.

The exercise has been in a "steady as she goes" mode.

The diet has been a bit off kilter but the calorie level has been about right.

A few posts will follow this one I just hope I don't bore you all.

Minor things that make a major difference.

A bit of smuggery (is that even a word?) here.

I can now:

Tie my shoelaces without a struggle

Bend down to drop a dropped coin without grunting

Get out of the deep armchair in my lounge without needing to push myself up using my arms.

Touch my toes without bending my knees.

Not  a big deal to many but it means a great deal to me.

• Like 1

This afternoon

STUPID STUPID STUPID

I had not eaten since 6-30 the previous night so I decided to go to the gym at 1pm today.

15 minutes of kettlebells and then I started a 60 minute run at a high speed (at least by my standards) after 25 minutes I felt like death was stalking me.

What an IDIOT and its not like I have not done this before with the same result.

I love fasting workouts as well, but prepping the body for it is real important. Not that you don't know that. No more insults to self. Get food, get rest, drink water, and get back to it.  It's a lot to work with when you're making changes in how you live your life. You seem competent so we know you'll kill this workout thing!

22nd level Wanderer

better is right here, right now

The Way

Here's to all the 1% increases in life!