KB Girl has an affair with barbells

KB Girl

Two pieces of awesomeness in one post.  Congrats on both!

Nice workout also.

I put rings on my wish list because they look so fun and versatile. :D

Great work with the cut and the mock competition! And congratulations on your thesis!

Thank you both! Rings are definitely fun and versatile, i'm sure you'll love them :)

Congrats on thesis.

dumb question time: any pro-tips for really fast changes from weight to weight on the bells? Do you just array them in front of you do a minute, drop the weight, step down one and so on?

Thanks! 

Yes I do array them in front of me, and I make sure I don't have to move my feet at all. I even turn the handles in the right way for me to pick them up with the right hand, haha. If I pick them up right then they go straight into a good backswing. A switch usually only takes me one second extra. The dropped kettlebell just goes to the side. I'm sure it's more of a pain with two kettlebells though. 

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: KB Girl dusts off her competition skills

my instagram - my gym's instagram

Well done for finishing formal education! :) You'll always be learning informally though, just with a wider curriculum!

Glad the cut's going well - make sure you sleep plenty. Do you feel the difference at all when you move around? I've never lost or gained weight fast enough to know.

Level 25 Cyborg Assassin

[ STR 36.75 | DEX 26.00 | STA 28.00 | CON 31.25 | WIS 29.25 | CHA 24.50 ]

current 5-week challenge: March 2020

external websites with my resources for...

fitness & breathwork | mental math & mind sports | motivation & productivity

NICE! You're almost there with school! Good luck for your final presentation! Is it soon?!

And yesss for workouts. Do you get shaky after workouts or just randomly? If it's post-workout, maybe make sure to save some simpler carbs in your day for that slot to get your blood sugar up? You are 

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Thanks everyone :) 

Glad the cut's going well - make sure you sleep plenty. Do you feel the difference at all when you move around? I've never lost or gained weight fast enough to know.

Will do! It seems my sleep requirement has gone up quite a bit. I also sleep like a baby, it's finding enough time for it that's a bit of a problem.

Yes I do think I can feel a difference... but it's hard to describe. Apart from the obvious that bodyweight movements are easier.

NICE! You're almost there with school! Good luck for your final presentation! Is it soon?!

And yesss for workouts. Do you get shaky after workouts or just randomly? If it's post-workout, maybe make sure to save some simpler carbs in your day for that slot to get your blood sugar up? You are 

Still trying to schedule it! Bureaucracy is a pain in the behind.

I wonder what would have been at the end of that sentence you didnt finish? I'll pay some extra attention to food around my workouts.. now that I think about it, it's been mostly when doing housework or walking the dog.

• Like 1

YOU ARE AWESOME is probably what I meant to say. ;)

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Tomorrow one of my kettlebell team is getting married (the guys last name is the dutch word for Strong :D). Since i've been busy I was just going to go with a dress I wore 2 years ago to my nieces wedding... I was a little worried it'd be too tight in the waist so I tried it on just now. Turns out the waist is rather loose and instead I can't lift up my arms because my back is too big. Roar! ;) Not sure wether to be sad or happy, haha. I'll go with panicky, less than 24 hours to find a dress! 

• Like 4

Hahaha, yes! The back gains! So many sweaters, jackets, and blouses lost to the new back gains game. Rawwwwr!

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

New low on the scale this morning (72.9kg) so I might actually get there on time. It's rough though, i've been feeling a bit shaky and have lots of headaches. (Though to be fair this could have something to do with little sleep and stress.) Fortunately i'm finding hunger much easier to deal with than cravings. I have no trouble not eating and when i'm actually hungry i'm just wanting some actual real/good food and cravings for chocolate and things just go away. They return with a vengeance after a meal though, which sucks. 

In other news, I finished my thesis last week and got results back this morning. I've got a 7, which is a decent grade. I'm mostly just relieved that it's finally done. Just some paperwork and one presentation left and I will be officially done with formal education. Thank god.

You are killing it!  Wooooooo!   :panda:

• Like 1

Love as thou wilt.

Way to go! It's great to see things going so well for you, cravings notwithstanding. And a big congrats on the thesis, it's great when the end is in sight like that!!!

I say lean towards happy with the dress situation, I'm always (mostly) happy when I put on a pair of pants that I haven't worn in a while and then need to go find my belt. Though I also get the frustration of having to suddenly get new clothes, especially on short notice....

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

Eugh, I just had the same problem today. I need 3 (!) fancy outfits for our work party next weekend and all my old dresses are too tight in the back. A little can be attributed to weight gain I'm sure, but mostly I just had zero muscle back then... Le sigh, I hate shopping so much, but I think I'll have to brave the shops...

But definitely go with RAWR! :D And I hope you picked a dress that shows off those lats. ;)

Barbells? Did I hear that correctly?! 

Good to see you are rocking your challenge <3 

Very good that you lost too much weight for the dress! That has been a goal for a long time now right? So yay! <3 And I hope you find a gorgeous dress! And show us! 

Hey KB Girl, just checking in :)  Hope you had a blast at the wedding and that you are kicking butt this last week of the challenge.

Barbarian Assassin / Level 5

STR: 16.5 | DEX: 4.8 | STA: 8.9 | CON: 8.7 | WIS: 6.6 | CHA: 6.8

My Current Six Week Challenge - Jrosto - A Barbarian Cleans Up His Act

Previous Challenges - #1, #2, #3, #4

My NF Introduction Post : My MDA Journal : My MDA Phase 1 Success Story

Simple & Sinister Workout Log

Keep Calm and Send in the Penguins!

Hey KB Girl, just checking in :)  Hope you had a blast at the wedding and that you are kicking butt this last week of the challenge.

Hi! Thanks! I'll get right on the butt kicking. I think it needs a little work!

Barbells? Did I hear that correctly?! 

Good to see you are rocking your challenge <3 

Very good that you lost too much weight for the dress! That has been a goal for a long time now right? So yay! <3 And I hope you find a gorgeous dress! And show us! 

Yes! How is paris treating you? Did you make a thread? I'll go look :)

Eugh, I just had the same problem today. I need 3 (!) fancy outfits for our work party next weekend and all my old dresses are too tight in the back. A little can be attributed to weight gain I'm sure, but mostly I just had zero muscle back then... Le sigh, I hate shopping so much, but I think I'll have to brave the shops...

But definitely go with RAWR! :D And I hope you picked a dress that shows off those lats. ;)

I do not envy you! Hope you found something relatively easy. Good to know i'm not the only girl who doesn't go wild over clothes shopping... food and books though, i'll go for that, if someone gives me moneys :D

Way to go! It's great to see things going so well for you, cravings notwithstanding. And a big congrats on the thesis, it's great when the end is in sight like that!!!

I say lean towards happy with the dress situation, I'm always (mostly) happy when I put on a pair of pants that I haven't worn in a while and then need to go find my belt. Though I also get the frustration of having to suddenly get new clothes, especially on short notice....

I found something stretchy in my sisters closet! Aren't sisters the best? :D

Dress pic request!

Ohhh I would've posted, but I didn't take any pictures and I haven't seen any yet on Facebook. Contrary to how it may appear with my video posting here, I am actually a bit camera shy in real life.

Good luck with finding a dress! Big shoulder/back muscles actually are a problem with finding clothes in my experience, although it is probably easier with your build than mine ;). Have fun at the wedding :).

Oh yes, probably x) The main problems I have are good jeans and it's impossible to find blouses.

The wedding was fun! At Everloo, if you know it?

There are two reasons that bandage dresses are a lifting lady's best friend:

1. They look f*cking hawt on our awesome glutes!
  2. They stretch to accommodate our rather awesome lats. ;)
  • Like 1

Time appears to be flying! So quick catch-up update;

• Wedding was great fun, good music and dancing! I was lucky and found a stretchy dress in my sister's closet. Unfortunately no pictures... I post a lot of video here (this was part of one of my first challenges), but in real life i'm actually kind of camera shy so nobody managed to get a pic. At least I didn't see anything on Facebook. Next time. Maybe ;)
  • Food not quite as good, lost a bit of mojo. Weight is still going down, but very slowly. Will work on fixing this...
  • Training has been good, I'll post a little log behind a spoiler. 
  • Signed up for a local weightlifting meet at the end of next week, just for funs and inspiration. \o/

The reason time has flown by is because I'm giving another course this weekend for kettlebellsport. Usually I only do 3-4 hour workshops, but this one is actually 4 whole days... people actually signed up for it too, which is great! But of course now i'm stressing out a bit, because I want to deliver. I've been collecting and organizing my thoughts for this for weeks now, all the puzzle pieces are there, I just need to fit them together in the next 3 days. 

Sunday 

My hands were sore so I gleefully ignored kettlebells in favor of barbells :tongue:

Push Jerk (in kg)

35 x 3 x 3

45 x 2 x 5

50 x 1 x 5

55 x 1

Front Squat (in kg)

45 x 5 x 2

55 x 3 x 3

Monday 

Warmed up and then did pull-ups, actually got that 4th I was looking for :)

KB snatches (in kg)

right arm; 8 reps with 18, 16, 14, 12 in a row without pause

left arm; 8 reps with 18, 16, 14, 12 in a row without pause

KB cleans (in kg)

26 x 4/4 x 6 with 40sec breaks in between

Tuesday

Best day, BB's and KB's.

KB snatches (in kg) 

right arm; 24 x 4, 12 x 4 > x4

left arm; 24 x 4, 12 x 4 > x4 

5 min break

14kg, 6 minutes @12 rpm, 1 switch