• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Nuala

Sneaky sneaky sneaky, hopefully Nuala is sneaky enough

Yeah, I'm back. Kinda. I won't bother write a nice come-back story because I don't know if I'll be able to update regularly anyway. At one point I thought about creating another account but decided it wouldn't be fair to my fellow assassins.

So, I disappeared. Not only from NF, but also from all my other forum (even my own private one that I share with my close friends only) and from a social life in general. No more evening in a bar, restaurants with friends or visits. At one point I even stopped reading my emails and "lost"  :suspicion:  my skype password, can you imagine I had to create a new account that nobody but my BF knew. Tss tss. One in all, I just wanted to be out of sight of anyone close to me and limited my interactions to my BF (duh) and the climbing gym (I don't mind small chat).

Am I doing better now? Not really. I still don't read my emails on my computer (sometimes manage to open them on my cellphone). I still feel uncomfortable when someone out of my "safe list" tries to call me (I actually don't answer the phone, ever) or send SMS (that I can manage), I can't read my postmail, I did went to a bar with friends recently and even went to a BBQ at a friend place this month, but that's all. Truthfully I only managed to go because I told some of them not to ask me "How are you doing" I can handle small chat but nothing about me. Don't worry too much though, I may want to disappear from everyone's view, I don't want to disappear. I'm not suicidal or anything, I'm just... weird, at the moment?

Anyway, me coming back here is a test. I wonder if I will freak out and hide under my desk if someone here answer my thread or if I will manage to reconnect with you people. That will be a surprise :surprise:

For now, I will not give myself some challenge goals as it's only Wednesday and I want to see if I'll be able to come back on NF regularly. If I'm still around on Monday, This post will be updated.

Because this first post is a bit boring, here is my 1 year anniversary hooping video. I'm still not great but I  enjoy hooping, this little circle of plastic is actually a good shield from other people ;)

• Like 5

Anyway, me coming back here is a test. I wonder if I will freak out and hide under my desk if someone here answer my thread or if I will manage to reconnect with you people. That will be a surprise :surprise:

I'm planning on following your thread, but I'm content to keep a respectful distance until you're feeling ready for socializing a bit.  I'm glad you're back and doing okay-ish.   :)  I'm also glad that you're still enjoying the hooping so much.  You've picked up a lot of new tricks, and your on body transitions are very smooth and controlled.  Take care!

• Like 1

Socializing is not "that" a problem, I still talk to a lot of people at the gym because it's a safe place with safe discussions, talking to people who know me and who will ask what I'm doing is a bit more tricky. Also, it depend of the day, today I'm surprisingly ok (only biting my nails while typing this), I can't vouch for tomorrow though....

I still need to learn a lot of tricks before being satisfied! After the video was taken I learned some isolations (one handed, two handed inside hoop, two handed outside hoop) but, to my despair, I can't figure out shoulder hooping to save my life and that's really pissing me off >_< Shoulder hooping looks so cool, with all the breaks and paddle and stuff :(

Glad to see you again, Elastigirl and yay Wolfie! When did you come back? How are your migraines? I shall read your thread now!

Today is an okay-ish day. No freaking out, I did change my bento delivery schedule a bit to make sure I wouldn't cross path with a friend because today is not a "How are you doing" day. Was exhausted so I had a nap and I'm still exhausted >_> I have to make sure to go to bed early tonight, even if I know that being in the bed doesn't mean I will sleep. Just in case I started to gather some ideas for the challenge, this time it won't be a un-challenge like my previous ones. I was thinking something about:

- Weight loss, or more precisely BF% reduction

- Abs and/or glutes workout

- Flexibility

- lowering my alcohol consumption

- upping my water consumption

I don't really want to think about any life goals yet, these ones are too hard.

I won't ask how you're doing, but I do want to say it's really good to see you.

And check out that flow! Very nice transitions. I know you want more, but you've made a lot of progress since last time.

Third day in a row! I actually had a nice dream this night, full of parkours moves and playing tags, a nice change from my recent nightmares.

I'm very happy to see you too Mad :D I actually thought about you and our meeting when we went to visit Dublin with BF, I was surprised at the amount of coffee and pastry shops in Stockholm, but it's even worse in Dublin! Cakes, Cakes (and pubs :P) everywhere. BF even had a cake only day, talk about a balanced diet >_> Thankfully for us (and as you noticed) we love to walk and the daily 20km of walking around everyday kept our weight in check. ^^'

I'm not sure where to get next with hooping, there are so many things that I need to learn that I can't decide the order :D Of course there is the problem of the cursed shoulder hooping (graaah, I will get it one day) and I still can't do the transition "one leg hooping -> 2 legs hooping" even after weeks and weeks of practice... Maybe I could just focus on isolations for a while, I can already do:

- inside grip one hand isolation

- inside grip two hands isolations

- outside grip two hands isolations

So there's a lot of room for improvement and new isolations.

Ooh you went to Dublin? Lovely! I'm actually going there for a handbalancing workshop (as long as I keep up with my challenge that is!) Do you have any particular places you'd recommend?

Dublin is more a town to live than to visit, if you only count tourist stuff there is not much to see. One thing to know is that the national museums are free, we visited 3 of them (the last one was far in the countryside so we skipped it :P) My favourite one was the Archaeology museum, the building where it is hold is beautiful. Then the history and art museum and finally the.... well... dead zoo.

The dead zoo is near the archaeology one and is literally a dead zoo. Stuffed dead animals everywhere :( The floor is creaking, the building is quite old ans the animals are... well, not what you can expect sometimes. We saw a red panda looking fierce instead of the usual I will kill you with my cuteness and my almighty attempt at pouncing stuff.

Red-Panda-Playing-WIth-Pumpkin.gif

Fear me

So it was weird >_<

The town centre was pretty small and filled of pubs and coffee and pastry shops. For the pubs, you can go to Temple bar even if I found it too noisy and crowded to my taste. For coffee and pastry, I quite enjoyed The queen of tart and also the Green peacock. While pubs were nice, I admit that my favourite bar was probably the only one in Ireland that doesn't sell Guiness, The Beer market. Micro brewery only, out of the 40 references I only Knew 5 of them. Music not too loud, cold water from fountain at will and pie with "life changing" gravy.  And how could I forget Yogism! I love frozen yogurt sold by the weight, and they even have a game: if you can guess the exact weight of your Froyo, it's free!

For bouldering, we went to Gravity, it's unfortunately a bit far from the centre (it probably took us an hour of walk to get there) but the gym is very good. A lot of problems in low levels and the place is huge with a lot of different profiles.

If you have time and a good weather, you should try to go to Greystone, it's a little town south of Dublin. You could watch the sea, go to eat to the Happy pear (their carrot cake is the best thing ever, and they even have a nice gluten free choice) and then do the Cliff walk to Bray, where you can take the train back to Dublin. The cliff walk is a 8-ish km walk between the sea and some mountains, it's just beautiful. I would advice you to take a trashbag with you because apparently people there just love to litter and I was really pissed off that I couldn't clean at least a bit. We even saw some seals!

Once again, if weather permit, there is a tour from Dublin to Glendalough. It's a national parc and it's just gorgeous! If you take the bus, I would really advice you to sit on the front because the roads are very small and there are a lot of turns everywhere, I was at the back of the bus to go there and it really made me car sick. Problem with the tour is that you'll only have a few hours there. Not enough to make a large circuit, but at least enough to make some easy ones + all the stairs up to the mountains above the lakes. Definitely worth the DOMS the days after. Once again, a trash bag would be nice, as much as I loved Ireland, the amount of littering was awful and I swear French people are not known to be reasonable with littering, we are nowhere near that amount. :(

That's all I can think of for now, if I remember a good place to see, I'll tell you :P

• Like 1

Thanks loads! :D I haven't decided whether I'll just go for the two days or take a few more days off, but now I have both options covered. The thought of extra DOMS doesn't sound too intriguing, I expect to be incredibly sore after two days of workshopping. :P

Nuala! glad you are back recently I recently came back myself after a year and a half away (Miska23). I completely understand the bringing of yourself inward. I am coming out of a similar ebb in my life.

I believe that its is normal and necessary for growth. if you have the time this video kinds of talks about

this subject by Elliot hulse:

https://youtu.be/gPDzrg18q1w?l

anyway welcome back and hope to see you sticking around :D

I too recently came back to NF after an absence (2 years), I remember seeing your avatar around but don't think we interacted much. Glad you're back and good luck with getting some goals put together. The hooping looks really good, I thought you were losing it when it got down to the knees then watched it go back up in amazement.  Good luck and sending all the courage I can through the interwebz.

Miska! Glad to see you around :) And Tanktimus, I remember you from that time too, but yeah indeed, we only crossed path that much. Thanks for your kind words.

Day 4!

Yesterday evening was not a good one at first, I was feeling really down, mentally exhausted. Last time I was like this and went to the gym, I started crying for no reasons, worrying my climbing friends. Yesterday was really similar, I took a beer before even starting doing anything and was really feeling about to cry at any time. The difference between yesterday and that other day was that yesterday I could actually climb. Indeed, I have a tendinitis on my right elbow since a few month and I had to take a long climbing break.

Which really really REALLY sucked.

But yesterday, I could climb, almost everyone of my usual climbing group was there (8 and counting) and I managed to motivate myself on working on some blue (V3->V4) problems and despite my arm bothering me from times to times I had some pretty good results for someone who just started again climbing after a 2 month total break. So my mood got better gradually and even if I had a beer to celebrate a flash on a new blue, I didn't even feel like finishing it and gave half of it to my BF.

<3 Bouldering

• Like 1

Good to 'see' you! and to see you're still into bouldering (loved those videos of yours).. and wow, the hooping has improved much!

Don't do life goals! Life goals always freak me out and make me hide from NF. Challenges without life goals are the best. 

Welcome back Nuala! I'm just returning, too, and for a lot of the same reasons for the absence and the return. This is CLEARLY the comeback challenge for all the old NF rebels. You know we have your back!

The hooping video is awesome, and super random but I love your hair! A hooping goal sounds like fun.

I'm doing a less (no) booze goal this challenge, so if we (Wolverine and Pavowski have booze goals, too) want to make a group we should totally do it.

• Like 1

The gym makes everything better.

So true :D I was feeling awful all the morning but after the gym I was feeling awesome! SO, one in all, I have decided that I will try to do the whole challenge, I will update the thread as soon as I have figured out where BF lost our debit card....

• Like 2

Welcome back Nuala! I'm just returning, too, and for a lot of the same reasons for the absence and the return. This is CLEARLY the comeback challenge for all the old NF rebels. You know we have your back!

The hooping video is awesome, and super random but I love your hair! A hooping goal sounds like fun.

I'm doing a less (no) booze goal this challenge, so if we (Wolverine and Pavowski have booze goals, too) want to make a group we should totally do it.

Thanks! Good luck for your return too :D I would be totally up for a less booze support group btw!

The debit card mystery is solved! After spending the morning looking for it in the whole apartment, going to the last shop my BF went, checking all the clothes he wore recently, asking him to check his bag, his jacket and his jeans over and over again, to check the bank account to make sure nobody used it, wondering if we had to block the card.

I finally found the card. In his jeans. The ones he is wearing today. He just didn't think of checking his back pocket. :hopelessness:

What about the challenge. Let's see:

Goal #1: Chubby belly, I don't like you.

It's pure vanity, I know. But I really hate that my fat is localised on my waist. Having an ATP doesn't help either, I look like I'm pregnant because of my bad posture. And that sucks.

My current BMI is 21 meaning I can afford to lose a few Kg and stay within the Normal BMI, not that much though, 48kg would be my limit meaning: -5kg max. So let's aim for that hoping that it would melt a bit of fat.

How to do that!

My diet is globally not that bad. My weight has been stable for years meaning that I have the right amount of daily calories for my activity level. I could do calories counting but considering one of my biggest problem is snacking, I'll try intermittent fasting instead.

During weekdays: my eating period will be from 3pm to 11pm to allow me to eat with my BF or being able to eat at the gym.

During weekends: My eating period will be 10am to 6pm on Saturday. No schedule for Sunday because it's gym day and I definitely need to eat before and after spending 5+ hours there.

I usually cook for people in the morning. Tasting the dishes is ok, finishing the leftovers right away are not. :mad-new:

Grades:

6/6 days => A

5/6 days => B

4/6 days => C

3/6 days => D

Less than 3/6 days => Failure

Goal #2: You're a bad ass and no, it's not a compliment

APT, meaning my back muscles are super strong, my abs and glutes are super weak. I dare say that with all the climbing my abs are getting better but my butt could need a bit of work. So, at least one or 2 of my rest days will become some glutes days. I have Strong curves on my Kobo, I'll pick some exercises from there.

Grades:

0 glutes day   => Failure

1 Glute day    => B

2+ glute days => A

Goal #3: Stay focused

aka: let's go back to focused flexibility. I had some good results for my shoulders maybe it could be the time to work on some splits again... Flexibility needs Frequency, so let's aim for 3 sessions a week min.

Grades:

3+ sessions => A

2 sessions   => B

1 session     => C

0 session     => Failure

Goal #4: don't drink your calories!

A polite way to say, stop drowning yourself in alcohol. Not that I drink much, but I drink a little bit too much regularly. The goal is easy: drink less.

Grades:

0 - 1 beer a week => A

2 beers a week    => B

3 beers a week    => C

4+ beers a week  => Failure

• Like 1