Tuesday 11/8:

Squats:

(20kg x10x2)

(50kg x5)

(70kg x5)

(90kg x5)

(100kg x2)

115kg x3x3, x2, x3

Failed rep on fourth set then the fifth was the easiest set of the lot. I think I got my set-up wrong as the bar felt too high.

Bench:

(20kg x10)

(40kg x10)

(50kg x5)

(60kg x5)

70kg x3x3, x2x2, x3

Fourth and fifth sets I clipped the rack on the second rep and then failed the third so added a sixth set which was the easiest of the lot, I think.

Couldn't face accessory work so came home for foods.

At least I looked cute!

Rather than feeling sorry for myself, I'm going to make a list of things that are awesome:

• I have regular training buddies for every training session of the week and even if I change to a different day I know that I'll be able to find someone to chat to between sets.
  • My weight is dropping back to acceptable levels and I should easily make weight.
  • It's not that bad to come second in my weight class if I'm going to come second to Tankweazel.
  • I'm pretty close to being NF's first home-grown IPF international powerlifter.
  • I'm going to be competing in my first international powerlifting championships this year and it's not impossible that I could bring home a medal in squat at least.
  • My deadlifts aren't sucking as much as they used to (and I really ought to stop saying they suck when I finally hit 140kg).
  • My squats are awesome and my bench is pretty good (comparing myself to Tankweazel does no one any favours).
  • My "bad day at the gym" consisted of three missed reps (one on squat, two on bench) followed by the easiest set of the night (and on bench I was doing five sets of three at my last comp PB).
  • I've got a great job that doesn't stress me out and which leaves me time to train.
  • I've found a friend who'll give me mates rates on sports massage and who I can still hang out with too.
  • I'm a girl and still maintain my weight well over 2500 calories (with space for ice cream and chocolate and weekly steak and chips)
  • I have a loving family
  • I have possibly the world's best husband
  • I have great friends
  • I've gone from borderline obese and struggling with PVFS (related to CFS/ME/FM) to a record-breaking powerlifter and training to be a personal trainer
  • I live in Edinburgh (even during the Fringe, it's my favourite city)
  • I have a lovely house that I can afford
  • I can afford a foreign holiday every year

I need to stop and write a list like that every time I'm feeling miserable.

• Like 11

Not a granola bar - a porridge bar!   :lol:

I went and bought another two boxes of them yesterday to keep in my desk drawer. At 62.5p each and 200-250 calories (I got a few flavours) they're pretty awesome snacks for when I'm low-ish on carbs but can't face more rice.

I also got some bigger oaty bars at around 400-450 calories each and some little oaty bites at 100 calories a bag, so I've got a decent variety of snacks alongside my new protein bars from MyProtein (which I got from their batch tested range because I'm paranoid).

I didn't sleep well at all last night. Went to bed far later than I wanted and was so tired that it took me two attempts to get up the stairs, but then woke up in the middle of the night briefly and only got 6h39m sleep. :(

Tonight, I'm going to go to bed when I'm ready for bed regardless of whether a certain someone is still taking an hour to finish his blinking dinner! ARGH!

Rather than feeling sorry for myself, I'm going to make a list of things that are awesome:

• I have regular training buddies for every training session of the week and even if I change to a different day I know that I'll be able to find someone to chat to between sets.
  • My weight is dropping back to acceptable levels and I should easily make weight.
  • It's not that bad to come second in my weight class if I'm going to come second to Tankweazel.
  • I'm pretty close to being NF's first home-grown IPF international powerlifter.
  • I'm going to be competing in my first international powerlifting championships this year and it's not impossible that I could bring home a medal in squat at least.
  • My deadlifts aren't sucking as much as they used to (and I really ought to stop saying they suck when I finally hit 140kg).
  • My squats are awesome and my bench is pretty good (comparing myself to Tankweazel does no one any favours).
  • My "bad day at the gym" consisted of three missed reps (one on squat, two on bench) followed by the easiest set of the night (and on bench I was doing five sets of three at my last comp PB).
  • I've got a great job that doesn't stress me out and which leaves me time to train.
  • I've found a friend who'll give me mates rates on sports massage and who I can still hang out with too.
  • I'm a girl and still maintain my weight well over 2500 calories (with space for ice cream and chocolate and weekly steak and chips)
  • I have a loving family
  • I have possibly the world's best husband
  • I have great friends
  • I've gone from borderline obese and struggling with PVFS (related to CFS/ME/FM) to a record-breaking powerlifter and training to be a personal trainer
  • I live in Edinburgh (even during the Fringe, it's my favourite city)
  • I have a lovely house that I can afford
  • I can afford a foreign holiday every year

I need to stop and write a list like that every time I'm feeling miserable.

You're getting it, enjoy the journey and you'll get to your destination before you know it.

"Gentle means tired."

Battle Log / Youtube Channel / (lol am an..) Athlete Page

Level 4 Halfling Monk: STR - 181 | DEX - 12.5 | STA - 4.5 | CON - 6 | WIS - 4 | CHA - 7

love the list of positives! those are truly amazing things.

especially this: 

;)

• Like 2

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

Sorry to hear this, but I was happy to see that list of positives. Every now and then I have to do the same thing. Stop, think about all the positives in your life, and keep on truckin'...

I half-wonder if it was hormonal as much as anything. Meh. Bad days happen and at least I'm feeling less injured this week.

love the list of positives! those are truly amazing things.

especially this: 

;)

I started lifting because I wanted to eat more but be slimmer. I've definitely succeeded in that!

Well done with the positives! Foreign holiday every year! International Powerlifting up and coming Champion! You fucking rock! :)

Not sure I can manage champion, but might be able to medal on squat and bench. I'll wait and see. There are some cracking lifters likely to be coming from the home nations alone!

• Like 1

I was going to say that you are being really hard on yourself for (potentially) not being the best, but then you came out with that awesome list!!!!

Even if you don't win, there's still good in what you're doing. You're still getting out there and bettering your lifts from your last competition. Try not to get so down, because there is still a boatload of us that would LOVE to have your numbers.

Plus, can you really complain if you come in second to Tanky? ;)

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

Positivity lists are awesome. When I'm miserable I find one thing that's good in my life and focus in on it, but I love the idea of the bigger picture. Good luck on the sleeping -- I had to get used to going to sleep at a different time than my boyfriend since 3-4 nights out of 7 he's up later than I am (and still gets up earlier in the morning, I have no idea how), but it was a huge adjustment. I aim to get to sleep in the ten o-clock hour, so maybe if you give yourself a window and tell your husband that THAT is your bedtime hour, that might help. My SO still bugs me sometimes during that hour, wanting to talk or something, but I have gotten him to the state of acceptance that I probably won't be responding anymore. Hope that helps a little!

Avril O.
We're all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?" - Matt Smith as the Doctor

"Space is big. Really big." - Douglas Adams in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Avril's Respawn

Avril's Epic Quest

il_570xN.176296892.jpg

b9e5bd79baff0c4eb152370f14672e12.jpg

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

I forgot to say that I did a decent amount of foam rolling last night. So that's another win. :)

Went to spin tonight. Realised that as soon as we go into a "race" section that I pedal like hell for 15 seconds then the power drops off. I need to try to time and keep pushing a little longer each time.

I finally got fed up of always having frizzy hair so I've got myself a "Seven Day Smooth" keratin treatment that I've popped on tonight. I'm going to see how it gets on, because I just don't have time to blow dry after every training session/hot yoga class but I hate looking like a schlub. I've done the initial wash and heat treatment and it's good, but then if I'd done the blow dry and straighten normally it would look the same. The difference will show when I wash it again and just blast it. 

I slept 7h7m last night, so that's better than the night before. Still not enough! I don't really stress about it, but I do feel iffy when I don't get enough sleep.

Woke up this morning with my hair rather tangled from sleep. Apparently it'll still curl if I leave it down when I sleep. I'll tie it back tonight. It still looks pretty good, but that's pretty standard for having bothered to blow dry and straighten it!

I'm on a many meal day today for little reason other than that I had things I wanted to eat, so today's looking a bit like this in terms of food:

• 7:30am - Three steak sausages with chilli relish.
  • 9:00am - Oats, chia seeds and Skyr with cinnamon.
  • 11:00am - Coffee
  • 12:30pm - Roast potatoes, oven ratatouille and chilli marinated chicken fillets.
  • 3:00pm - Roasted beetroot "Bol" thingy.
  • 9:00pm - Pork and celeriac rendang with rice noodles and stir-fried vegetables.
  • 10:00pm - Chocolate!

Works out as being about 2900 calories (about normal for a lifting day).

• Like 1

I loved the list of positives. You are awesome!

Sorry that you've been feeling down over the last few days. I find for me that it can be worse when things aren't horrible (I think I get angry at myself for being down without good reason and then it just snowballs from there)....realising that I do that has helped because I now try to allow myself to feel down occasionally because that is normal.

I'm rambling now and not sure if it is making a whole lot of sense. 

Current Challenge!

Battle Log

Instagram | Twitter | Training Journal 

(Weight x Reps x Sets - all weights kg unless specified)