SpecialSundae keeps it simple and heads for 400 Wilks

a7e37_ORIG-cat_kitten_invisible_bench_pr

My glute spasm is so bad today that I've had to take the day off work. Even 30/500 cocodamol is barely taking the edge off. 

I agree with everyone else on the motto! It applies in so many ways. :)

It's awesome, isn't it?

Does spamming Alanna's thread with kg>lb posters count for credit?  My favorite troll post is when people give sets x reps x weight but do not specify the weight.  I know they mean pounds and they expect everybody to know that, but.....

lol+cat+gym.jpg

kg?

Sometimes it's really confusing when people mix the two. I do honestly see people lifting in kg the weights which sound impressive in pounds.

Subbing because:

1. You can deadlift my bodyweight and then some, which is both inspiring and a little frightening

2. I imagine there will be an endless supply of cat pictures.  Here is my ritual offering:

cats-animals-funny-kittens-weights-weigh

Rebooting Ranger and Legionary

"Only a Dead Legionary Gives Up" - Day of the Starwind

"It always seems bad at first, but then I find a way" - Samurai Jack

Subbing because:

1. You can deadlift my bodyweight and then some, which is both inspiring and a little frightening

2. I imagine there will be an endless supply of cat pictures.  Here is my ritual offering:

cats-animals-funny-kittens-weights-weigh

Thank you for the kittens! Keep them coming!

I saw the doctor about my glute issue and have some prescription NSAIDs. It'll go down and at least she didn't tell me to stop lifting. 

I may have to ditch pole for a while because it's all about using your legs to hold you up in awkward positions and that seems to be what hits me hardest.

• Like 1

OK, I don't understand a lot of the lifting talk (man I feel like a weakling looking at some of those numbers!) but I am here for general support, motivation to stick through to the end and maaaybe for the cat pics 😀

Level 19 Rogue Ranger

Welcome to the Dungeons of Doom; locate the Amulet of Yendor ♀ on Level 26

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 45, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 1415, 16, 17, 18, 1920, 21, 22

OK, I don't understand a lot of the lifting talk (man I feel like a weakling looking at some of those numbers!) but I am here for general support, motivation to stick through to the end and maaaybe for the cat pics

Don't worry, it's mostly nonsense. :)

subbed because... :onthego:  kittens and awesomeness!

your are a beast... holy sh!t! 

Getting there. Still an apprentice beast. 

Can I just say how much I love the fact that you lift and do pole? Also, your numbers are amazing. You're an inspiration. Hope the glute issue isn't one for long!

Also, edited to add:

EYF2aPt.gif

4e20051202c3a9a848b4fd5875d04bba.gif

Subbing, crewmqte! I've long been in awe of your amazing lifting skills. Looking forward to seeing you through this challenge. :)

I'll need all the help I can get. :)

• Like 1

Okay, for those reading... Would you like me to cross-post my training logs, even though they aren't really challenge related?

Contemplating changing the goal on sleep to being 7h30m rather than a specific bedtime. 

Hello - It's up to you of course, but I think both of these are good ideas.  Your training is part of what you are doing during the challenge period, and that way you only have to do one daily post.  I think that giving yourself a little flexibility on sleep might also be good.  Your mileage may vary, of course.

Saturday 25/7:

Squats:

(20kg x10)

(40kg x10)

(60kg x5)
(80kg x5)

95kg x5x5

Bench:

(20kg x10)

(40kg x10)

(50kg x5)

57.5kg x5x5

Deadlifts:

(60kg x5)

(80kg x5)

100kg x5x4

Nice training session with Jaymul and friends and then home for a massage.  :)

It was my friend who came over to do my sports massage. I'm moving a bit better after but I think trying to have them more regularly will help. He wouldn't take payment after so I'm feeling a bit guilty (particularly given he drove a 30+ mile round trip). 

• Like 3

Hello - It's up to you of course, but I think both of these are good ideas.  Your training is part of what you are doing during the challenge period, and that way you only have to do one daily post.  I think that giving yourself a little flexibility on sleep might also be good.  Your mileage may vary, of course.

I've done both and updated the challenge.

• Like 1

Does it make me a douche if I say they were feeling pretty light?

Nope.  I remember you doing 5x5x100 kg and waiting for 5x5x110.  :)

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

We're competing on the same day! Good luck

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

Nope.  I remember you doing 5x5x100 kg and waiting for 5x5x110.   :)

105kgx5x5 on Tuesday. 

Yay for not dropping out and kitten gifs!

Also for sleeping. Sleep is definitely key, but too easy to sacrifice by accident.

I'm feeling really proud today that despite being out until after 3am that I managed to get 7h44m sleep (across two sessions, admittedly, but still there).

We're competing on the same day! Good luck

Ooh! Which comp are you doing?

• Like 1

Does it make me a douche if I say they were feeling pretty light?

I'll try to keep posting training videos. I've got lazy about them when it's feeling easy.

No, it makes it funny from my point of view...