Gimp help required

So I was going strong last year up until an injury back on December 30 (fell off chair lift while skiing and my 4 year old won't let it go) anyways I finally got my MRI results back...6 months later and I've torn my ACL, I'm not one to sit on my ass and do nothing but every time I try working out again I just seem to flare it up and then have to rest until the swellings gone down (I'm in an endless spiral of doom folks)

I've put weight back on that I'd lost and I'm not ok with that.

My goal is to be able to compete in Tough mudder next summer. Can anyone help me with knee/leg/quad workout that will get me back in the game?

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

So I was going strong last year up until an injury back on December 30 (fell off chair lift while skiing and my 4 year old won't let it go) anyways I finally got my MRI results back...6 months later and I've torn my ACL, I'm not one to sit on my ass and do nothing but every time I try working out again I just seem to flare it up and then have to rest until the swellings gone down (I'm in an endless spiral of doom folks)

I've put weight back on that I'd lost and I'm not ok with that.

My goal is to be able to compete in Tough mudder next summer. Can anyone help me with knee/leg/quad workout that will get me back in the game?

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

If you've torn your ACL and had to just deal with it for six months, then you don't need a leg workout. You need a doctor who can evaluate you for surgery.

It sounds like the thing that's been holding you back isn't the wait, but rather your issues getting medical care (if you waited six months before getting MRI results back, then both they and you dropped the ball, one of you should have contacted the other long ago). Fix those first.

You can always solve the weight problem later, there is no magical age where you can't lose weight. There is, however, a magical point where your knee will be too screwed up to walk on again. Get the ACL fixed. If you don't, you won't be doing a Tough Mudder, or much of anything else.

Cowardly Assassin
Training Log | Challenges: Current8th, 7th, 6th, 5th, 4th, 3rd, 2nd, 1st

Hey! I've torn both of my ACLs (10 years between them) and I've had surgery to replace each. I lost all torsional stability without the ACL, and basically just fell down all the time.

I'm a special snowflake and never had any swelling, but I knew for my lifestyle surgery was necessary. Many people who aren't very active don't have it, and do ok. But I am a runner/jumper/martial artist/spontaneous dancer. I need torsional stability.

I'm happy to talk more about the surgery but I agree - you should def get a medical opinion on this!

Sent from my iPhone while riding a unicorn through the cosmos.

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.