legend-of-korra.jpg

Ready For Another Round...

FYI: I just changed my name from Sokkasm to Korranation in case anyone is looking for the avatar

A lil bit about me for those who haven't read my previous challenges:

I'm a college student living at home with the folks. I thought about being an engineer, but that didn't work out. I got into a car accident a few years ago and that set me back a few semesters. I tried being an accountant but wasn't good enough for the college of business. My grandmother passed away last year. I was so busy taking care of my grandpa and the rest of the family that I neglected my classes and it hurt my gpa. So I'm floating on a mulitdisciplinary degree that doesn't do much (unless I can sell it) for any career. I live with an evil stepmother (Maleficent) and stepsister (Lilith) whose goal in life is to make my life hard. Most of my friends call me cinderella bc of this. All the stress of changing majors dealing with accidents and losses, and toxic people has lead me to put on 30 lbs. I've been here on NF for most of this grief. I've had to learn the hard way how to build a successful challenge, but I'm getting better. I hope to lose this weight that the stress that has caused it. 

Main Quest Remaster Being the Avatar

tumblr_mvd3gkrzH31rz9zoco1_500.gif
I feel pretty beat up and defeated from my last challenge. I thought I had made S.M.A.R.T. goals, but they weren't attainable, realistic, or that timely. That left me with S.M. goals. So I'll make them SMALLer this time around so they're more attainable and realistic. I'll even through in a 5k marathon on the last day of the challenge to make things timely. 

Goal 1  Exercise (+3 STR, +3 DEX)

ArkajNS.gif

I've pretty weak for an avatar. I've got to get my strength up so I can face off any baddy that stands in my way. 

CHALLENGE: run x3 per week

CHALLENGE: yoga x2 per week

STR : 3 (A=3, B=2, C=1)

DEX : 3 (A=3, B=2, C=1)

Goal 2  Eat (+3 CON)

An avatars got to keep their appetite up to match their strenth right? 

TLoK+Iroh+pouring+tea.png

CHALLENGE: stay within 200 calories of MFP goal

CON: 3 (A=3, B=2, C=1)

Goal 3  Sleep (+3 CHA)

tumblr_m89xn8jzdQ1rreikp.png

CHALLENGE: sleep 7-8 hrs 

CHA: 3 (A=3, B=2, C=1)

Side Quest  Read (+3 WIS)

tumblr_inline_mwxsz1BCVe1r0nh9b.jpg

CHALLENGE: read 2-3 books 

WIS: 3 (A=3, B=2, C=1)

Found you!  I like the name change and the avatar change.  

Good find! Thanks, I've been wanting a name change for a while but I've had to wait until my other one expired. Plus I didn't want to do it randomly in the middle of a challenge. 

facebook_meme_cover_photo___finally_you_

Following for similar goals :) and Fanatic awesomeness 

Gotta love those similar goals. It's like we're twins or something both in awesomeness and fantasticness.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-4075-1393349124-40.

• Like 1

korra-beginning-header-1600.jpg

New beginnings await us.

DAY 01

Today has been too long. I had to get up early to house sit for a family member while someone came over and replaced their oven. I got back home much later than I thought and had to rush the last details of a group project. I did most of the coordination, communication, and organization of it so getting a good grade isn't gonna  be a problem. The problem is that there was another paper due today that I had forgotten to write. It was ten pages and I was only able to throw two pages together before rushing off to class. I was mad the whole ride to school. No idea why. There was no road rage, but some unplaced anger. I cooled down on my walk to class. The motto at my campus is 'come here, park far.' I got home to find my stepsister (Lilith) locked herself in my sister's (mini-me) room because mini-me inconvenienced her. I dropped my stuff off, grabbed a small lunch, and ran out the door with mini-me back to campus for an adviser meeting she had. Normally it only takes fifteen minutes with an adviser to make a semester schedule. It took an hour. I came home and had a late dinner. Same old same old.

tumblr_inline_ns6d8ngUxK1r79k32_500.gif

Exercise
Yesterday I got up early and with hiking with some friends. The place we went to has a tower on the other side of the park where you can get a good look of the city. The weather was nice in the morning since it was overcast. Once we got to the tower we got a call from a straggler friend who wanted to join us. So we hiked all the way down the hill and back up again with him to the tower again. By that time the clouds had gone away and the sun was in full fury. I'd like to say that the view wasn't as nice the second time around, but that was probably the fatigue and hunger talking. Still the view was a lot better than looking outside my backyard window. I hadn't eaten breakfast before I left since I knew since it doesn't agree with me after a mixture of excessive physical activity in the heat. Two hours and +five miles later we made it back to our cars and went home.
Once I got home I washed off, ate a lot of fancy deli meats and Munster cheese and fell asleep on the couch with my dog. My legs are still hurting from all that walking. I'm just glad I don't have a Charlie horse.
tumblr_inline_npt5bnNxFj1slt76z_500.gif

Eat

Eating is easy. Eating well is a challenge. I often say this on my challenges. In my current situation it's even more difficult to do so. Since I still live with my folks, they (and my diabetic stepsister Lilith) call the shots on what to pack in the pantry. And now that the oven gave out recently it's difficult to cook real food. The fam has resorted to breads and sandwiches and fast foods. Eating out has taken it's toll though. The money used to get fast food (cheap fast food mind you) can be used to cook four to five worth in dinners for a family of five. A nice sit down restaurant monetary value is over two weeks of home cooked food wasted. I miss cooking, I love cooking. Now that we're down one heavily used cooking utility they've all but given up. Luckily there's a fridge stocked full of meat from the Fatherlord's (haha avatar puns) last seasonal hunting trip. I'll be throwing some chopped pork loin in the slow cooker for dinner. I pray to the false deities in the sky that my makeshift cooking will last until we can get a new oven. If not I'll be eating soup. Alone. Without the fam.  

tumblr_ma9aongW3u1r7vfwzo1_400.gif

Sleep

Sleep is difficult. I like to say that alot too in my challenges. I just get distracted, loose track of time, and forget to hit the hay. Once I'm in bed I just have to focus on my breathing and relaxing my muscles for at least fifteen minutes and I'm off to dream land. The cool thing is if the body can be still for ten minutes in bed it gets tingling floating sensation. No idea why. But it's fun. If I could just not get distracted and get my shit together before night time I bet I could get on a nightly sleep schedule. 

I've been distracted for the past two nights and gotten a total of ten hours out of it. I would have been able to sleep in today if the Fatherlord hadn't thrust other peoples problems on me. The thing is I'm too nice. And I'll help out. I put other people first even before my health and well being. Such as getting a late call about someone needs help in the early morning even though you will be getting less than seven hours of sleep and if not ready on time will inconvenience more people. 

As long as these favors and obligations aren't a new thing I've been thrown in and I find a time to turn off all distractions I can get the sleep I need. 

tumblr_mx092r26pe1rzik3go1_400.gif

Read
I love reading. So much. I just need to get off the internet and open a book up. My nook refuses to turn on or charge so I've had to go back to the basics again and pick up a physical book. I ran to the public library and found a book I had on my 'to-read' list on goodreads with the highest overall rating. I know the ratings can be biased but I'm hoping for the best. It's an omnibus so there are two short stories that are about +250 pages each. I'm still counting those as separate books. If I can finish the book that will take care of my reading goal. My stats are starting to look more suitable for a wizard. Maybe I'll start writing a book about one for my next challenge. 
book-wizard.jpg
Adventurer's and RPG Mini
I noticed that the group and accountabilibudy mini's are the same. Mainly since it's run by the same great rebel. I like it that way. Less work for me, double the stats. I'd like to reward myself with some extra stats this time around. So this week is all about meditation. I've got a meditation app on my phone gathering dust, if electronic information can do such a thing. I do need to chill out. I've been stressed all this past weekend and today. I need a breather. The funny thing is, in the summer class I'm taking someone gave a speech about the benefits of meditation. I wanted to take notes, but that would have seemed like I was preoccupied and the prof might have docked my grade for appearing so. Not that he's ever done so to a student yet. Hopefully meditation will get me out of my stressful funk so I can focus and prioritize my daily life better. Heck this mini might help me focus on my goals altogether. I'm getting excited just thinking about it. I don't need to wake up early since I already kinda do and always have more than enough time to get to class. I'll just throw this mini in with my morning routine.
To answer the problems asked in the mini...
I'm hoping to fix this fizzle problem that I normally have later in the challenge by being involved daily in the forum and structuring my day here on my thread. I love the support everyone gives and I want to be a part of that. I get notifications on my phone so I can keep up with everyone much easier, but I can always pull up a laptop to sit down and click away at a keyboard to write my daily strife.
I do want to focus on re-evaluating my goals each week so see where I didn't do well and restructure them accordingly. I'm keeping my goals as simple and flexible as I can, but it doesn't hurt to change them. I usually fade out of a challenge because my goals were not sensible, attainable, or realistic. I jget too excited about these challenges and ask too much out of myself. This time I'm going to be consistent in being a part of the forums and completing my goals. Stuff happens real quick irl and my challenge will have to keep up with it. Maybe once I'm at the halfway point in my challenge I'll work up the courage and do a certain thing (or rather several things) I've been meaning to do.
Meditation_1.jpg

tumblr_mvz7giqGov1ruu897o1_500.gif

It's gonna be okay...

DAY 02 &03

I forgot to update my last entry since I had to make some priorities. My professor gave us twenty four hours to write and present a speech on either the pro or cons side of a group topic we were assigned to at the beginning of the semester. I had the cons of social media. I didn't have to put much effort into it since I spend so much time online I notice all the wrongdoings of social media sites, advertising companies, scammers, and hateful ppl. I only missed one point out of 150. That's saying something since I didn't have to look at my note cards at all and looked across the crowd instead. And by look I mean scanning the back corners of the ceiling and not anyone's face. 

Exercise

I still have yet to exercise. I blame poor time management. If I could finish my homework on time (it's not like college students pull all nighters) I could go to bed on time and wake up to some morning exercise. Usually after I'm done with school I'm so tired from just walking in the heat from my classroom to my car that I just lay on the floor at home for the next hour. And working out tomorrow won't be any better since I have to wake up extra extra early to help mini-me navigate the treacherous landscape that is college campus. I'll try and force myself out of heat exhaustion so I can do some yoga when I get home. 

Eat

I'm tracking food on MFP. That's a plus. I have yet to go over my calorie limit. Calories are not the problem here, I'm still eating a lot of carbs. The fam does love their fast food left overs. And by love I mean love to let it sit in the fridge until it either grows legs and walks out or starts to communicate via odorous stenches. 

Sleep

Sleeping is becoming a problem again because of poor time management and delayed responsibilities piling up. I'll just have to lock myself in the campus library and put my nose to the grindstone like I did in the good ol' days. 

Read

I haven't even opened a book in a week. It has been a dark time for me indeed. 

Mini

hah, meditation. I remember what that use to be like. Again I said I'd do it in the morning, but failed to deliver. Ugh.

It IS going to be OK.   I went back and read your edits on the last update.  I can't remember if you already do this but maybe you need some trigger or alarm to remind you it's about time to go to bed.  if your main problem is getting distracted and staying up late, maybe that could solve a good portion of your problem?   You'd still have to work on saying yes to too many things and all that... but 1 thin at a time, yes?

That stinks about your stove not working but even when it was working you struggled with not getting taken out to eat all the time by the fam.  Kudos to you for finding some solutions.  Crock pot meals is a great solution.  

It IS going to be OK.   I went back and read your edits on the last update.  I can't remember if you already do this but maybe you need some trigger or alarm to remind you it's about time to go to bed.  if your main problem is getting distracted and staying up late, maybe that could solve a good portion of your problem?   You'd still have to work on saying yes to too many things and all that... but 1 thing at a time, yes?

That stinks about your oven not working but even when it was working you struggled with not getting taken out to eat all the time by the fam.  Kudos to you for finding some solutions.  Crock pot meals is a great solution.  

I did make quite a few edits. I did have a trigger on my old laptop that would make it go into sleep mode when it was time for bed. It was a hassle to start it back up that most of the time would be incentive enough to go to bed. Now that my laptop finally called it quits and I'm using mini-me's laptop until I have time to get a new one I'll have to deal with my phone. I thought about putting a task scheduler for shutdown and start up time but didn't want to inconvenience her when she need it back. 

It makes things difficult but still manageable. I threw some meat in the crock pot. I mistook some pork chops for pork loin because of some poor wording on the processed packaging. I threw a few packages in there since it didn't look like enough meat to begin with. After it was cooked there wasn't enough meat for the fam so they got more fast food. I've got the next day or two to look forward to of some fresh meat to enjoy by myself since no one eats leftovers. I started saying no to their offerings of fast food. They know I'm tired of eating out and that I have homework to work on. It's nice to have meals at home even if the fam is running around for theirs. I try cooking but they're so picky. Wel, you can'y please everyone. At least I'm starting to put myself first. 

• Like 1

I heard someone mention something called HabitRPG. So naturally I created an account and am pouring over the wiki page. It looks interesting, but not too newbie user friendly in it's layout. I started up some habits, dailies, and to-do's. I might start a simple solo-party to try things out and unlock quests. I also want to win all the challenges to unlock any and all rainbow skins and gear (since rainbows are so awesome.) which means I'll need diamonds from challenges. I don't want to spread myself too thin but this looks like a cool new thing for my upgrade-game-addicted gamer heart.  

• Like 2

I heard someone mention something called HabitRPG. So naturally I created an account and am pouring over the wiki page. It looks interesting, but not too newbie user friendly in it's layout. I started up some habits, dailies, and to-do's. I might start a simple solo-party to try things out and unlock quests. I also want to win all the challenges to unlock any and all rainbow skins and gear (since rainbows are so awesome.) which means I'll need diamonds from challenges. I don't want to spread myself too thin but this looks like a cool new thing for my upgrade-game-addicted gamer heart.  

I used that for a while in a challenge last year, it's a pretty novel way of keeping you accountable and it's fun. Enjoy!!

• Like 1

I've used it too.  But then I checked into the Inn (?) when I went on a trip and never checked back out.  So basically all my habits are on hold.  I lost no points and gain nothing either.  But I liked it when I was active on that site.  

• Like 1

I used that for a while in a challenge last year, it's a pretty novel way of keeping you accountable and it's fun. Enjoy!!

I've used it too.  But then I checked into the Inn (?) when I went on a trip and never checked back out.  So basically all my habits are on hold.  I lost no points and gain nothing either.  But I liked it when I was active on that site.  

Nice to see a new way for NF rebels to connect and still be accountabilibuddies. I might stay in the tavern for a few days just so I don't get too hurt from the dailies or until I figure the schematics out. 

So I signed up for a lot of challenges, one of them being the hobbit walk. I checked off all the miles I've logged in the to-do section of habit rpg. It pushed me up two levels and unlocked the drop system where I have a chance of finding an item, including eggs, potions, and food! I also got a pet egg that needs some time to hatch. I'm getting so excited just thinking about what kind of pet it could be.

According to the hobbit challenge I've already walked to: 

• green dragon in bywater
  • Frogmorton
  • Brandywine Bridge
  • Bree
  • Heart of the Chetwood
  •  30 miles away from the trolls
  • Like 1

I didn't get much done today. There was no class so I got to sleep in. Once I was up I made a quick trip to the grocery store for some pork but and hamburger buns to make pulled pork for dinner. I threw that stuff in the slow cooker. I later tried convincing my sisters to watch HP. With me but I got carried away and turned into a Chatty Cathy about how it compares to the book. Later I went with them to gamestop for an old copy of GTA IV. I remember playing either III or IV one time during summer vacation with my cousins, so I thought why not get a violent video game and have some fun with it? We only got a few minutes of gameplay before Maleficent came home. The girls were too scared to play it in from of her, let alone tell her that we have such a game.

For dinner I spent the previous half hour stirring the meat in the slow cooker trying to break it up. It's called 'pulled' pork not pork chunks.

I forgot to work out or even meditate today, so that was a bust. I tried reading a book called Cordelia's Honor but only got a few pages before almost nodding off for lack of plot, structure, or characters. I'm thinking about picking up a few books by Tamora Pierce from the library tomorrow after I go hiking with a friend. That and drop off some clothes for donation.

Today is good so far. I woke up early and went an a hike with an old friend of mine. We caught up with each other on the walk. There's so much we've done since the last time we saw each other. And also thing we wish we could do and want to accomplish. Ah, the strife of being an adult.

I can home, took a cold shower, made some bacon, and grazed on it with some pulled pork leftovers. I played GTA IV for a while. I'm hoping my sister laptop starts working, windows explorer stopped working for some reason and the wifi won't pull up. I'll have to fix that so I can get into YouTube for a yoga video. (Unless I do it from my phone)

tumblr_nb90u3Mqn41tk9l7fo2_250.gif

I'm trying to run towards my fork

DAY 04 & 05 & 06
I don't have much to fill in this portion since I talked about most of my day in my last post. Still all in all it was a good day. I spent the past few hours restructuring the habit rpg app. I may have joined a few guilds and accepted most of their challenges even though most are repeating themselves. It's not like I did it simply for the xp and gold. Don't pin me as some shiny object hording cat dragon. You can't pin that on me. Upgrade games are too enticing for me. But the fact that I signed up for all of this shows my hamartia. I like to over estimate myself. Constantly. And I made a party with some random folk I found just to I could do awesome boss quests and get more xp and goods.

Exercise
I did too much exercise today. I woke up early to go hiking with a friend. We took a wrong turn and ended up having to backtrack to get to the tower, since we wanted to get a good view of the city. Then later in the evening I did some youtube yoga for almost fort minutes. My knees are hurting already. I've been trying to hydrate all day but I don't think that will get rid of tomorrows DOMS.

Eat
About the phrase "you can't outrun your fork," what if the opposite is happening and you are chasing it to get some food? That's what I did. I had a good breakfast of oatmeal and a half a cup of coffee before the hike. After the hike I had some bacon and pulled pork leftovers with green beans. I started grazing on pecans for dinner since Maleficent was too busy with homework to feed the rest of us. She even said to wait for her. I don't think a diabetic can do that. So I hopped in the kitchen and made some pasta real quick. There wasn't much in the pantry or fridge to begin with. I've had a grocery list on the fridge for over a week, but no one want to get the goods. Once 'dinner' was made and the girls sat down Maleficent had gone out for a drive to get a drink and wind down outsdie of the house. The only problem was, she accidentally took Lilith's insulin pack. Lilith ate the carby goodness regardless. After dinner I hung out in my room to some internet fun and to keep re hydrating with a lot of water. I came out of my room to find Maleficent had brought back two tubs of ice cream and powdered donuts. I couldn't help myself. I had one donut. But no ice cream for me. Tomorrow I'm making a weekly meal plan based on the folks work schedule so no one has to deal with floundering around for meals.

Sleep
So I got sleep last last night. I didn't have class so I got the luxury of sleeping in. But I had early morning plans today, which meant less sleep last night. The phone is a blessing and a curse. It tracks my sleep, steps, miles run, food intake, weight, emails, and basically everything else. But it can't stop me from staying up late at night with its addiction and tantalizing apps. It all comes down to self control. I will do better in the future.

Read
I didn't get any reading done today. I did however try reading a random book I had checked out of the public library on a whim. It's a terrible book ( as I've said before in a previous post.) I'm picking up a few books I know I will read from the university library since I know where they are located in once place and I don't have to worry about other "college kids" checking them out.

Mini
I meditated yesterday and the day before that. If you count focusing on the body and breath then I've meditated every night before falling asleep. It's the only way I can fall asleep nowadays. The feeling of relaxing muscles that slowly fall asleep (like feet do sometimes) and the tingly feeling that comes with it is interesting.

WEEK 1 RESULTS

I got a lot more accomplished than I first thought. I got my walking in thanks to the hiking. I've also been keeping a close eye on MFP. I sometimes get hungry, but know the choice isn't healthy or I look back and see how much I've eaten. Out of all the times I logged my food I never went over the calorie limit. I still need to work on my sleeping problem. I averaged about seven hours this week, and that's only because I slept in twice. 

Good news, I lost two pounds this week! It's thanks to working out and guilt tripping your fork into running away from you making smarter eating choices. I'll need to get some shut eye though so I'm not t fatigued for my workouts. I think I may have found my calling for my workouts. Hiking. I can't get enough of that stuff. The weathers been great, the shade from the trees is nice, everyone's friendly (it's not like mean people are gonna hike the hardest path anyways...), and the views amazing. I forget that I've spend two or more hours there hiking. I might wanna drop the 5k marathon idea (since I have asthma and have a loooooong history of sucking at running) and focus on being a good enough climber to rejoin that hiking enthusiast group I tried out a few months ago that totally kicked my butt. They went around the entire park on the most difficult trail  twice brisk walking at four miles an hour for a total of six miles. I only made it one time around before I had to call it quits.

B exercise(4/5)

walking (2/3)

yoga (2/2)

A eat (5/5)

D sleep (2/5)

? mini (still reading)

Congratulations on a great first week. It's great to see you've found an exercise method you enjoy in hiking, it's important you find your 'thing' for longevity. Good luck for next week :D

Thanks!

I'm so glad my first week went so well. It usually doesn't, or not until I tally up my goals. I think I can stick to hiking as my longevity thing. I'll keep my eye out for mountains to climb this week. 

213885.jpg

4384621_249px.jpg

Let's heat things up

DAY 07 & 08

These past two days have been slow. I spent them waking up a little late and going to campus to sit in a lecture hall for an hour. The first day the professor told the class his entire backstory and career. It wasn't the best or brightest of stories, but made me feel depressed and a little detached for the rest of the day. He was in the military and the only way he got out of a job he didn't like into a job he hated less was just by getting on someone good side and performing well for a month. For some reason that talk made me evaluate myself, and even though I'm young, I haven't accomplished much and probably won't with the degree I'm stuck in and the adviser who's handling my paperwork. I went to go shake off those bad feelings by going to the pub for a drink with friends. I love that pub. A few professors go there was some students and alumni's. It's the perfect place to decompress and share some conversations and debates with everyone there. 

Class today wasn't any better than yesterday. I arrived a few minutes late only to find the students giving impromptu speeches on random trinkets they pulled from a box. I gave my speech on a Polaroid picture of a sign that had the word cattle gaurd guard spelled wrong.Now I'm having to clean house for Maleficent while she entertains some company. 

losingmyshit.jpg

EXERCISE

I didn't workout yesterday. But I did some yoga today. And some meditation. I tried a new app that had focused meditation such as change, kindness, equanimity, compassion, joy, etc. I tried the gratitude one, but it had the opposite effect. It left me tense, melancholy, and wishing I had better things to be grateful for since I'm surrounded by people who are ungrateful for what and who they have in their life. 

As for walking, I'm changing running three times a week to hiking once to twice a week. I never liked running to begin with and it always took a lot of motivation and distractions to even get me started. 

1013312_582844641793089_1275287516_n.png

EAT

Eating had been great. Since the oven broke and no one but the Fatherlord and I can cook or is willing to, the fam goes and eats out. That gives me opportunity to say no since I can make something at home. The past few days I've been hitting my protein mark on MFP. I'll either have eggs, beef, pork, or fish. It's only been about eight days, but I've managed to loose about three pounds. I haven't plateaued yet. When I do I'm heading straight for the hiking trail to take another lap around the park. I love the momentum I've built up this week and I don't want to loose it. 

xUvftcj.png

SLEEP

Sleep is always a problem. I don't like it. Your body is in this stasis/ paralyzed state while your mind is hallucinating. I just like the feeling before and after sleep. That could be another problem why I'm not logging in the hours. It seems arbitrary and unnecessary at times. That and poor time management.  

58125399.jpg

MINI

This week's mini is more forgiving. Kinda. It's just doing something you're you've been putting off. And that's preparing for this class, looking for a job, and double checking the classes I have for this semester. Heck, even moving out is something I've been putting off, but that's due to a lack of monies and resources. If I did that by the end of the week I'd give myself +100 charisma. 

543x269xmoving-out.png.pagespeed.ic.D_d-