• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Since you already avoid telling how to make them unsexy... What made those omlettes sexy then? :D

I don't like writing applications, you're definitely my new role model. ;)

The secret my friend is butter.

30a55a9634fe0b46ab901f00cf8c3ec6.jpg

And presentation. If done right, the eggs have a fluffy and smooth finish and fold together her beautifully. My sisters thought I had made a tortilla at first glance.

If it wasn't for Google auto fill I don't think I could have filled out so many.

0e6ca3a78bc9ec4ce861a95139560872.jpg

• Like 2

korra.jpg

Things are getting rocky again. Let's try earthbending that shit out of the way.

DAY 30 

Yay more posting. I woke up a little later than anyone else, but didn't get ready fast enough. The fatherlord came home from dropping off the demon spawn to give me a lecture about getting a job again and having too much time on my hands. Trust me, I'd love nothing more than spending all day away from the house. The campus and the people there are like a second home and family to me. I'm waiting for the day for Maleficent to give me the boot. (she wouldn't though since I do most of the cooking, cleaning, chores, and homework for everyone.)

tumblr_nmfaf6kNBL1s6tksso2_500.gif

I went to school remembering it was the involvement fair where all the organizations showcase their awesomeness. I hung out with my club for a while before wandering off and somehow ending up with three free red bulls. I know I'll be saving them for later this semester.

e287ea7ef745ca64f307b45257bce7567039d0be

I went to my only class for the day ready to go. I felt all smart and prepared having everything on google drive, all the info pulled up, typing fingers at the ready, highlighted papers at the side. The person sitting next to me was so impressed that they introduced themselves. Somehow jobs came up and she offered to be a reference. I won't give details, but I hadn't considered applying for a company like that although technically it is retail. If I can dress my best, have a good resume, and be peppy and chipper I can land the job easy peasy. 

SPN_GASP-gif.gif

I went out to the bar for my Monday ritual. Only problem is that Maleficent is cracking down. She wants there to be a strict 10pm curfew for everyone so her precious demon spawn can sleep (as if she ever does with her phone in her room.) I don't know how I'm going to do anything on a school night now. I'm being forced to abide by childish rules and curfews. I doubt her own child will even follow the rules she set. She never has before and that's not gonna stop her now. 

grownup.jpg

I learned some things at the pub though. Good thing a few professors like to hang there. I talked with him, and apparently my counselor has been lying through her teeth about a lot. She said she locked me into my major because of ho many hours. Not true, she doesn't have the power or jurisdiction to do that and it doesn't stop me from going to the college of business. 

Exercise 

I did yoga today. I can barely believe it myself. I even did some meditation when I woke up. That extra time working out at home was most likely the cause for the fatherlord encounter this morning. Promise either sometime this week or next I'll go to the gym on campus. 

Eat

I had some tasty food today. I decided to make another french omelette. I was a little negligent and didn't constantly rotate the pan to keep an even cook. It was still good. Even Naga (I'm gonna start calling my dog that) wanted some. I had a snack bar for snack since I forgot to pack a lunch. I ran home to cook dinner and had a leftover brisket fold. I cooked the meat in a bowl with a little water. Somehow in that mix the fat fell off and the meat separated into nummy pieces. For dinner the fam had some paleo pasta. It would have been paleo if I hadn't added turkey to the sauce. I can't help that meat is tasty and it doesn't overpower oregano and garlic like beef does. 

Sleep

I'm kinda cutting it here. My phone fell off my bed so I didn't hear it go off right away. I was tossing and turning for an hour or two (mostly from the fam movement although I couldn't hear them.) Must be my spidey senses acting up.

• Like 2

I don't know what to do with my life for the next six hours. The folks forgot to pay a bill and now there is no internet and no tv. All of my books are online, all of my notes are online, most of my life and productivity is online. So homework is out of the quiets ion, unless I went to the public library, but even then I have less then three hours to do anything. Maybe that would give me enough time to download all the important files I need to take notes and then I can work without Internet.

[edit]

It since I'm in the mood I'll wait it out until Lilith and Maleficent get home. Most of their homework is online. Even Lilith's high school gave her e-books.

This should be fun.

e68a13f5fc5c06732224764093a1c284.gif

• Like 2

DAY 31

So a little update about the wifi yesterday. Maleficent probably knew the internet was down. Which explains why she was away from the house for so long after getting off of work, running 'errands' with her spawn, and taking her time with dinner. I didn't want to go eat dinner with her anyways. It saves money if I don't. I fell asleep on the couch after I had a quick dinner while I was reading a book. I didn't wake up until they came in the door. Apparently she thinks I'm sick or something. Having to walk for at least three miles in +100F weather takes it out of you. Since mini me started she understands why when I come home I go immediately to my room to put on a maxi skirt. 

Not much has happened today. It's not even the afternoon yet. I had to wake up early and bake some cookies for an organization I'm in. I left with resume in hand to turn in my application at the store a friend of mine had recommended me to. Everyone there seemed way to busy and over peppy. There was barely any customers there when I showed up. I'll have to talk to my friend in class to see if she can put a good word in for me. 

I got to campus early, dodged some of the ruder organizations pushing pamphlets on everyone, and settled down and studied for several hours. I was studying for a class I had just gotten into yesterday and tried to study about 100 pages from the first two chapters. For some reason in my head I have the idea that the professor will call my name out of the 200 students. I was taking notes from evernote since it was sinced with the online. The only problem is that three hours through I realized it hadn't saved my progress and lost two hours of work. Good thing I didn't cry or anything like that. 

My other two classes were uneventful. I'm already having trouble keeping up with the notes in class. I guess I need to study the notes before class, print out the online notes beforehand, high light them, read them twice, make questions on the main points and the vocab, reread again, and test myself from the questions. That's still a lot of work. I wish I could memorize everything the first time I read it. 

Exercise 

nope. No exercise today. I was so busy getting ready this morning and running errands that I forgot to workout this morning or to pack clothes for the rec center. I swear exercise is not going to be in my next challenge. Why set yourself up for failure like that?

Eat 

The foodening begins. I woke up early this morning to bake cookies only to realize there were only enough eggs for the recipe and none for breakfast. So I had the regular morning meal minus the omelette. I packed my lunch bag with the minimal amount of snackage, but was lucky enough for it to be the day the Wednesday organization to have free lunch. More tasty pizza for me. I had a few cookies before the general meeting and came home for some beef tacos instead of going to eat out with the club so I could get a head start on work. 

Sleep

I forgot how to sleep again. I went to bed extra early, put on my relaxing app, and was at the part where the body reaches a numb-floaty-weightlessness feeling. I had the numb part down, but it felt heavy like I was sinking and there was some sort of rythmic pulling on my limbs. I got up still wide awake and read until I felt tired and then fell asleep. I think I got about five hours in total. I'm wondering how I'm still awake and functioning.

• Like 2

legendofkorra_cancelled.png

Not bad

DAY 32

I'd love to say nothing much has happened today. because in my head nothing much does irl. I've just been on campus all day. Woke up a little late. Had to clean up some glass the fatherlord dropped. He had to stay up last night and wake up every two hours to check Lilith's new diabetic thingy. He looked so drained. At least it was his day off and he could sleep in. I went to campus and went through my classes like normal. In my second class the professor showed up late because he was uploading all the important info to BB at the last minute. There were almost forty notification I had to go through. I still tried doing homework today, but sadly got nothing done. I checked out a new organization that was geared towards women. It was kinda weird that two of my normy guy friends decided to tag along. I guess they just like the networking opportunity. We all got a free donuts out of it. Afterwards I helped paint a poster for my club before heading over to some sort of video game club. They're really competitive at gaming and apparently nationally ranked at something. I was hoping for some more free food, but some random guys stole all thirty pizzas from dominoes before the officers went to pick them up. I wasn't gonna wait around for them to make another thirty so I went home. Lo and behold I had the place to myself since the fam was at a football game. I made a pb&j, some popcorn, and a nice indie lemon soda pop a friend had got me and watched some we bare bears. All in all id was a good unproductive day. 

• Like 2

korra4x07_0863.jpg

more not following goals. yay

DAY 33 & 34

Oops, almost forgot to post. I'll just be typing what I'm thinking so fogive any obscurities or typos. 

Yesterday was nice. I played hooky with a friend and went to Schliemann. School had just started so there weren't so many people, and only a portion of the part was open (which explains why the tickets were on discount.) I had brought some money with me. The money was from some pants I had returned from a store. I decided to ask for cash instead of back on the card. My stepmom was cleaning her closet and gave me a few of her jeans. The money was exact change for the tickets. We rode a few of the slides that weren't as crowded. One of the rides had yellow floaties that had punny names like spongebob, yellow submarine, enterprise, titanic, and the lexington. After a few times on the Master Blaster we hung out in the Jacuzzi to warm up. The only hiccup was in the torrent river when I lost my sunglasses. I had to go to lost and found and write a lost item report with my name, address, phone number, date lost, description of item lost, and location lost, etc etc. I don't remember if my folks knew I was going there or not, but Maleficent sure will know in a few days once my package arrives in the mail. 

ONwn6.gif

After I had gotten home from the park and freshened up I got a call from Lilith "inviting" mini me and I to dinner. And by invite I mean for us to drive to where ever her she and her mother were going or eat at home. So I showed up to the designated burger joint. I got a salad since I knew my stomach doesn't do well with the grease and fat burgers have. (I normally run for a bottle of tums after a meal like that.) She asked if I was on some sort of hard core diet again. I never do diets, I just enjoy a good salad, and the occasional non-processed-homemade meal. She then started pestering me about my classes, studies, and about job searching. I'm still searching for a job. I'm running low on my savings and I'd rather start selling my stuff than admit to being broke. I put in more than ten applications last week and only got one reply. According to the number of applications I send vs the call backs I get I have a 5-10% chance of finding one. I'll need to start branching out to non large name brand companies and look for smaller organizations and partnerships. Last time I did I got three interviews on the same day (although there was a big miscommunication for all three, saying they were only accepting full time even when the secretary and application said part time available.) I hope that one store my friend referenced me to calls me soon. 

I spent the rest of that night in my room, hiding from the demonic duo and shirking off their higher than average expectations. They just want me to be like Icarus, flying too high towards the sun, the wax to melt off my wings, my only means of flight crumble, and laugh as I drown in the ocean. 

tumblr_m8616nqDeP1qc5qv5o1_500.gif

Today was better. I spend the majority of it in my room finishing up online homework that was due tonight. I finished of course. Afterwards I went out with mini me for some ice cream and muffins. I got her to start watching Rick and Morty. She admits that it is a great show. It's not like she can say it's bad, not after all the awards and attention it has gotten. We also watched a little bit of the 1995 Sabrina with Harrison Ford. I need to make a list of movies like that. I heard the song la vie en rose and it reminds me of the places I want to see. I'd only visit France for the music, language, food, and art. 

At least Sam and Dean have each other

tumblr_mmxgo2x4I71s7vzioo1_500.gif

Everyone needs someone ;)

Sent from the handheld device that holds all of my friends :)

• Like 1

DAY 35

I didn't want to do yesterdays update so late in the night so I'm catching up not. (I'll update todays day later when I have something to talk about.)

Sunday wasn't too eventful. sorta. I had lunch with the Fatherlord and grandpa uncle Iroh. And of all the restaurants we could have gone to we ran into my close friends that are part of a club I'd never admit I'm part of to my folks (since it's not religious.) You know how you act differently at work, home, and school? Well it was like that. My brain didn't know how to interact with anyone for a few minutes. I only got my senses back after sitting down and getting my food. I had ordered a salad although I never finish by the time everyone else is done with their burger. I partook in the small talk with Iroh and left with over half my meal. Once at home I went to work cleaning out my clothes in my closet. I got rid of twenty pair of jeans and shorts. I gave them to a thrift store for a little extra cash. I spent the rest of my time at home fixing the washing machines with the Fatherlord. Both of us had the same idea. We'd be damned if we needed a new one. I helped find the original manual for the machine online along with some videos on how to do regular maintenance on it. We cleaned out the drain. It was filled with a dollars worth in change, hair bands, and bobby pins. Afterwards we cleaned the pump. The turbines inside had gotten stuck with a rubber band. Luckily it hadn't overheated and killed itself. It took all day and a lot of water, but we got it working again. Later in the evening I had to run to campus for an officer meeting of the shall-not-be-named-non-religious group. The president forgot to show up. Thanks to him not being there, the meeting ran smoothly. This was actually the easiest, less stressful, and quickest officer meeting we've had yet. After that success I went home and started applying for jobs again. I sent in over fifty online applications. I sat back and realized I'd never get any of those positions. The only way to get any kind of job in this world requires connections. I don't have enough connections for the one store my class buddy had referenced me for and I certainly had no connections in these jobs I wanted. I know many a people who were more than competent in applying for the same jobs and not getting them simply bc they didn't know the right people. Now incompetent folks are getting jobs they don't deserve and costing their employers money and this whole job thing just makes me mad. I hate applying for jobs, I hate being rejected so many times, and I hate like I'm some failure who is not good enough for anything. 

• Like 1

DAY 36

Yay for more uneventfulness. Went othrough the normal classes and ran into my job reference buddy. She said they were doing interviews this week and told me to give the manager a call. I did call and the assitant manager was holding down the fort since the manager was out of town for the week. I didn't give my name and I don't think their machines have caller id. Something sounded fishy about the story she gave me and I can't verify it with my reference buddy until Wednesday and I hate waiting even then it would be another five days until I'd see her after that. I've been getting a steady flow from one grocery store I applied to yesterday. All of them rejection letters. I don't want to wait three to four weeks for this one possibility at a job. 

After dealing with all that stress, I went to the library and printed up as much as I could from as many of the books I had photo copied as possible. The student fee limit only gives enough money for 150 pages and I clearly made that mark. I'll have to put more money on my student card for printing later this week. 

I promised a lot of people that I'd go to a new place this evening. it was a food truck eaterie that's popular near campus. I got to caught up in helping my sister write a paper that due tomorrow. she was given the assingment at least four days ago but hadn't even stated it till today. If she's gonna be putting off things like this simply because she doesn't like the course work she's in for a rude awakening. I've barely done any homework (not that I have any.) I haven't done much studying either. It's easier and more efficent to study from the book rather than type or write out notes from it. Since I don't have phyical copies it is becoming more and more difficult to do. 

• Like 1

DAY 37 & 38

What is this feeling? Euphoria? I'm so giddy I can't stand it. Last time I felt like this I wanted to write a novel in one sitting and never sleep again. this week keeps getting more and more interesting. And this semester may get a little more spicy.

I've tossed all fleeting thoughts of catching up with my weekly goals. It's not like I can catch up or (excuse) have the time. School is first priority. I'm spending so much time at school, and so little time at home, that things are looking nice. There's not much I can say about school now. I go to school early, study with friends in the morning, go to class, hang out more/study with friends, go home, do homework, repeat. 

Now that school is in full swing, and the census date is passed, everyone is getting into fourth gear (I think that's the right terminology.) The professors seems more excited and the organizations are going all out. I went to my first class and only had to watch a video and participate in a group discussion. We got let out a half hour early. I decided to skip the last class since the professor just reviews the book and compares it to his personal experiences. I'm glad I skipped. The student activities were giving out cotton candy and popcorn to get attention for some major events coming up next week on campus. I even got a head start on making online note cards for my classes. There was a part time job fair on campus today too. I never saw any notification on it, but I'm glad I wore a nice top and dress shorts. I maintained an intent, interest, energetic, enthusiastic, and bubbly presence since I'm trying to sell myself. I managed to get one manager to put in a special recommendation for me and put a start on top of the resume. I'll have to personally check up on him two days from now to see how the application process is going. I also met with my reference buddy in class and she didn't know that the manager was out of town for a manger conference meeting. I'll call in two days and see if he's back in town. If so I'll personally drop by to day hi. I hope the reference buddy is working there as well. Now my folks have no excuse to call me a retired person (being that I don't have a job.) I will get one of those jobs, mark my words. 

I did the meetings today. So many organizations. So little time. I ran my organization, being an officer and all it's not like I can play hooky. My sis managed to make it to the meeting. Everyone really enjoyed sharing their stories or their philosophies and beliefs. I forget how human everyone is sometimes. Even when most of out stories were all so similar. After that meeting was wrapped up I moved my car from the opposite side of campus to a closer location. I was not about to walk in the dark Into The Woods to reach the lot it was at. I made it on time for the next meeting my friend had convinced me to go to. It's a fraternity, and I had promised myself I would never join one, but I want to. It's a large professional business one, and I already found the business plan for the pledge process so I have the upper hand in becoming a member. I'm gonna have to summon my inner Hermione and devour this fifty page planning packet. This group will give me the proper resume, networking, group skills, communication skills, etc etc to get an upper hand in the real world. I know I can do anything with accounting, but don't know where to focus on. I'm sitting here writing this while looking at the multitude of tabs I have open on this fraternity. It's research time. 

• Like 2

DAY 39

You know when you get those high's, but you come crashing down soon after? So... ya, that happened today.

It was a normal day, until the fire nation attacked. And by fire nation I mean the overbearing responsibilities the folks thrust at me. I woke up a little late so I had to park far and walk even farther just to get to where my friends study together. I got a lot of online note card making done. As I walked to class I noticed everyone was frantically tapping their phones because of some pink concert a company promised us. I checked the social medias and apparently people are pulling all nighters just to tap their phones for this promised party. After the first class, and joining the ranks of the tappers, I had to make some last minute phone calls. One to double check my schedule with my dad and take up the ultimate goal of making dinner (last minute) inviting grandpa uncle Iroh and picking the she demon up. Second to call Iroh and invite him over. And third was returning a missed call for another store and a last minute interview for the next day. So I went to the next class. But something seemed off. Everyone wasn't chatting like they normally do. And the professor had taken some poly potion juice, he looked like a different professor. He was another professor entirely. And I had gone to the wrong room on the wrong day. I absconded with haste and made it to my last class. Afterward I had to hike to my car in +100F weather, deal with a car without coolant/freezon stuff that makes the ac cold, get in traffic, go get groceries (that I will never be reimbursed for), come home and quickly prepare dinner. Only problem I was so busy multitasking that I started a small fire on the stove. I accidentally put too much olive oil in the pan and turned the burner on too high and thought I could ninja cut some bell peppers in time before the oil got too hot. I put it out with baking soda since that was the first thing that came to mind. The house had some smoke so I had to open some windows. I had bought myself a bottle of sangria to award myself with over the weekend. While I was moving it Maleficent came home. I didn't even hear her walk through the door. She accused me of being an alcoholic and not being trustworthy. Like she's eve trusted me before int he first place. I finished with food prep and had to deal with a call from the fatherlord for misuse of firebending and whatever other lies Maleficent had told him. Somehow in the middle of that conversation I broke down into tears. I'm not one to let others see me cry let alone bawl into a phone. So I put on a sarcastic face while trying to make mocking responses that somehow sounded less like sobbing replies. He bought it or whatever. Not even two minutes after that cry Iroh showed up (early.) So we chatted while Maleficent made some vague comments about her having plans and the demon spawn having late practice. She left in a hurry. I enjoyed a nice king ranch chicken dinner and some pleasant conversations and small talk. I then spent the next hour doing the dishes, emptying the dishwasher, putting those dishes and dished on the counter away, and washing the rest. It's not like anyone else in the house would do it. I waited for mini-me to get home before cracking open the wine. I could only drink one glass. I just didn't feel like getting drunk drunk. 

Unmasked.png

End game...

DAY 40 & 41 & 42

Well this about wraps up this challenge. Can't say I'm gonna miss this one. Nor that I learned anything. Well, one things for sure I learned that the avatar doesn't do basic.

tumblr_lq2171y9Zd1qgworxo1_400.jpg

Plus I always manage to fail at making smart goals.

They weren't Specific enough.

I don't change the Measurable portion to match the changing week.

Not changing the goals to match the week also made them not Attainable. 

I focused more on the activity rather than the outcome making the Result-focused moot.

I was too lazy about setting a fixed time for when and how long I did exercise/ how much I ate and logged in food/ went to bed for sleep, so Time-bound was out the question. 

So much for being smart.

jarvis03.jpg

I was hoping for weight loss this challenge, but I put on four pounds during the break between challenges and managed to drop it within two weeks. I guess it was water weight. I was trying just to maintain that weight. Heck, since I joined here I managed to put twenty pounds on. Yay for me. Then again I've never been able to pass any challenge with flying colors. I'm gonna put some serious thought into this next challenge. 

Until then I'll be under the nearest rock, mopping and regretting everything. Thanks

patricks-rock.jpg

week 1

B exercise(4/5)

A eat (5/5)

D sleep (2/5)

week 2

A exercise(4/4)

A eat (5/5)

A sleep (5/5)

week 3

F exercise(0/4)

A eat (5/5)

A sleep (5/5)

week 4

F exercise(0/4)

A eat (5/5)

A sleep (5/5)

week 5

F exercise(0/4)

D eat (2/5)

C sleep (3/5)

week 6

F exercise(0/4)

F eat (0/5)

D sleep (2/5)

total

F exercise(8/24)

C eat (22/30)

C sleep (22/30)

Weight: 200.6 || 196.8 (-3.8)

Stats:

STR: 0

DEX: 0

CHA: 1

CON: 1

WIS:  1

Sorry to hear your challenge hasn't worked too well for you this time around. I gained weight too the first year I was on here - around the same amount as you did. I don't know if paying extra attention to the things I should be doing made me behave even worse or something in the off-weeks or when my challenges went wrong but now I have shed that extra weight and I am back to working my way down. It'll happen! Onto the next challenge. Maybe shake things up a little?

Sorry I got behind on your thread.  I hope your friends are all ok.  O__o  

I see a lot of A's floating around up there in your recap.  It wasn't all bad.  This time of year is always tough die to changes in schedule and all that adjusting.  

• Like 1

Onto the next challenge. Maybe shake things up a little?

O all shake things up all right

shaq-shake-o.gif

I see a lot of A's floating around up there in your recap.  It wasn't all bad.  This time of year is always tough time to changes in schedule and all that adjusting.  

I did pretty good in the first four weeks before school kicked in. Things always look cloudy at the end of challenges, but its better to dance in the rain than mope in it.

giphy.gif

• Like 1