• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

annyshay

Annyshay Breaks the Curse on the Great Deku Tree

Good choices in a wedding. You must be the first person able to put those concepts in a single sentence. Congratulations!!

Yip, couldn't believe it, so I didn't say anything, but weddings normally are most people's downfall w.r.t. food. Nice going!

Week 2 Day 3

Dungeon Map - Ew3d3 - today was playing around with "high" frogger... I got a few extra inches, but lots of room to improve here

Fairy Slingshot - fried cafeteria food was tempting, but I decided to get a wrap instead... time to start bringing food again soon.  Must defeat the lazies... later. ;)

Compass - doing well here, making good choices and reasonable treats, carbs 79 gm

Gold Skulltulas - quiet time and meditation, studied, first swing dance lesson (!)

ballroom_dance_by_shadowwolf2192.jpg

Oh my goodness, I missed swing dance (it's been > 4 years for me).  This seems like a really cool studio to learn in.  The teacher is hilarious, gives great analogies, and is really good at making his explanations simple so that we don't think too much.  There were tons of people of all ages, shapes, and sizes.  How often are there more leads than follows?!?  I remembered everything we did in this lesson, so I tried to REALLY focus on following what the leads were doing even if it was off the beat or not what he said.  My follow skills were what kept me from progressing before, so I'm going to focus on them from the very beginning.  I'm aiming to really follow my partner instead of making it "perfect".  So excited to get back into swing! :D

Swing dance as in 60's 70's swing? Think I've only seen it in movies. You will HAVE TO make videos and show us!

Swing dance as in 60's 70's swing? Think I've only seen it in movies. You will HAVE TO make videos and show us!

I think more like 40-50s big band? Eventually I want to be able to LINDY HOP.  :D

• Like 2

Week 2 Day 4

Dungeon Map - Ew3d4 - bent arm monkey, easier than a lot of the other moves this week

Fairy Slingshot - so, one of my coworkers baked me cookies as a treat while I am studying for my boards (WHICH ARE NEXT TUESDAY, AHHH)... and I ate them... all :D

Compass - mindful, balanced meals except for the cookie monster, carbs 115 gm (53gm were cookies, lol)

Gold Skulltulas - quiet time and meditation, studied, looooooots of video games and reading (stayed up for two hours when my book got good, oops)

• Like 3

I think more like 40-50s big band? Eventually I want to be able to LINDY HOP.   :D

Like they did in Grease? Oh cool! Looked up Lindy Hop, never knew there were names for different dance-steps/moves! I'm learning so much. Still want videos though ;)

Edit: I can't put a good book down either! A lot of late nights due to good book or older movies...

I started a swing dance group in high school. YeH, cuz I was That Kid. We were also a chorus and sand the music from the era then did some dancing. It was a blast.

I have a few Summer books still sitting unopened because I didn't want to get caught up in anything. I already the lure of AC Rogue and the impending lure of a new Batman game. If I start a good book the dishes and laundry are doomed.

• Like 3

Week 2 Day 5

Dungeon Map - Ew3d5 - frogger pauses, my squats are looking awesome and deeeep

Fairy Slingshot - fail. Chocolate chip cookie binge. :(

Compass - other meals were excellent, tracked and mindful, carbs 166gm

Gold Skulltulas - meditated and quiet time, studied (a lot), reading and nap ;)

• Like 1

Like they did in Grease? Oh cool! Looked up Lindy Hop, never knew there were names for different dance-steps/moves! I'm learning so much. Still want videos though ;)

Edit: I can't put a good book down either! A lot of late nights due to good book or older movies...

I started a swing dance group in high school. YeH, cuz I was That Kid. We were also a chorus and sand the music from the era then did some dancing. It was a blast.

I have a few Summer books still sitting unopened because I didn't want to get caught up in anything. I already the lure of AC Rogue and the impending lure of a new Batman game. If I start a good book the dishes and laundry are doomed.

Glad to know that I'm not alone. Finished the book yesterday. Lots of feels. :)
  • Like 1

Glad to know that I'm not alone. Finished the book yesterday. Lots of feels. :)

I'm sure to learn about different dances in the near future as youngest has decided as soon as he is 7 (next year March) he wants to start with dancing lessons. He LOVES dancing, and makes up his own moves. He also loves copying moves he sees in movies.

• Like 4

Fairy Slingshot - fail. Chocolate chip cookie binge. :(

But... but... chocolate is good, right? :(

one-does-not-simply-eat-only-one-piece-o

You are doing well overall. Keep the job and don't despair. Chocolate is the big boss!

• Like 5

I remembered everything we did in this lesson, so I tried to REALLY focus on following what the leads were doing even if it was off the beat or not what he said.  My follow skills were what kept me from progressing before, so I'm going to focus on them from the very beginning.  I'm aiming to really follow my partner instead of making it "perfect".  So excited to get back into swing! :D

This is great! I always try to switch off and stop listening to the instructors whenever they say things like do this move x times and then this move because I don't want to "help" the lead. Most of the leads find it really helpful, but occasionally some get annoyed and think that I'm doing the wrong thing even though they're not leading it properly. :P It can feel kind of awkward when I'm going the wrong way even though we both know I'm supposed to go the other way haha. But hey, I can't help that! :)

So excited for you!

• Like 3

I'm very bad at following (Control Freaks Anonymous, anyone?). :redface-new:

So I quit dancing altogether, though I'd love to be better at it. :(

How does one go about learning to follow better (or in my case: at all)? 

• Like 3

That's what youTube is for!  Find a video of dance instruction and follow when you want and freelance when the mood strikes.  No one to scold you :) 

• Like 2

Oh swing dance! There was someone here on NF who posted lots of videos of it, was really great to watch, but I can't remember his name..

Hope you have enormous amounts of fun and share a video with us :)

Love doing those frogger high jumps btw, very interesting to try to have body awareness while doing them.

• Like 2

I'm sure to learn about different dances in the near future as youngest has decided as soon as he is 7 (next year March) he wants to start with dancing lessons. He LOVES dancing, and makes up his own moves. He also loves copying moves he sees in movies.

Awwwww. That's so exciting. You will learn much.  

This is great! I always try to switch off and stop listening to the instructors whenever they say things like do this move x times and then this move because I don't want to "help" the lead. Most of the leads find it really helpful, but occasionally some get annoyed and think that I'm doing the wrong thing even though they're not leading it properly. :P It can feel kind of awkward when I'm going the wrong way even though we both know I'm supposed to go the other way haha. But hey, I can't help that! :)

So excited for you!

Yes, it is hard and good for me to learn not to be in charge. ;)  

That's what youTube is for!  Find a video of dance instruction and follow when you want and freelance when the mood strikes.  No one to scold you :)

Hmmmm, with swing I think it would be hard to practice without a partner anything other than the basic steps.  

Oh swing dance! There was someone here on NF who posted lots of videos of it, was really great to watch, but I can't remember his name..

Hope you have enormous amounts of fun and share a video with us :)

Love doing those frogger high jumps btw, very interesting to try to have body awareness while doing them.

Oh geez... It might be tough to get someone to video... I'll see what I can do.
  • Like 1

Week 2 Day 6-7

Dungeon Map - finished the week strong with some Spider-Man crawls and a rest day

Fairy Slingshot - had some tasty cookies at the church picnic yesterday, and more alcohol than usual at various wedding shindigs

Compass - mindful, done tracking carbs... So time to figure out my next focus in leveling up

Gold Skulltulas - meditation and quiet time x2, no studying, asked about a new friend at the wedding and a nap for self care

• Like 3

Week 2 Wrap Up

Dungeon Map - 7/7 - lots of new movements this week, the bent arm bear walk was the hardest by far for me, buuuuuut my biceps are looking pretty awesome again.  I'm excited to see what I get up to this week!

Fairy Slingshot - 4/7 - this week, I will...

tumblr_ncnipjhaE81tglqsno1_1280.jpg

Compass - 7/7 - completed tracking for 30 days (ding), learned that my carbs are fairly predictable (I know when I'm going high) so I am going to shift my focus to aiming for NF level 6 diet, methinks

Gold Skulltulas

1) Meditation and Quiet Time - 7/7

2) Studying - 5/7

3) Self Care - 7/7 - naps, reading, swing dance, weddings, oh my!

Not bad week 2.  Tomorrow are my medicine boards (huge standarized test of DOOOOOOOM), but after that... perhaps we will have some normalcy? Maybe?

• Like 5

Here is a clarification of my compass goal for the next two weeks:

- 12/14 days with no bread or pasta

- 12/14 days with a vegetable in every meal

48b27efbc41376ba8dcca6ec0d7320a3.jpg

These are not difficult things for me anymore.  I just need to do them.  ;)  Here's my vision for my eating in this level:

I no longer depend on carbs (bread, pasta, pizza, etc) to provide the bulk of my meals as they are nutritionally empty compared to other options.  Instead, my default habit is to create meals around protein, vegetables, and healthy fats.  I respond to cravings between meals mindfully and make intelligent choices about how to fuel my body with healthy food that I enjoy.

Let's do this thang!

• Like 6

Today are my internal medicine boards.  Trying to not freak out and channel Hermione.

tumblr_inline_mhtcylttDI1qz4rgp.gif

Wish me luck, and calm!

Much luck and lots of calm my friend!! You will do great!! I have the utmost faith in you.

• Like 1

Good luck!!!

Much luck and lots of calm my friend!! You will do great!! I have the utmost faith in you.

Good luck! :triumphant:

How did it go?

Thanks, guys. Not too bad, I think! Now it's time to start studying for pediatrics... And waiting to hear if I passed in a few months... :/

• Like 5