• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Volki

Leviathan earns a place in Valhalla

Dude, why don't you replace the rocks with sand or rubber mulch. Sandbags are Hellacious enough as it is.

I definitely plan on making a proper sandbag. I am just lacking in the funds department so I just used what I had around the house.

Brother, do your shins (and face) a favor and go to Home Depot. 50 lbs of "Play Sand" for $3.75.  Can. Not. Beat. It.

• Like 1

How have I never heard or thought of training with a big heavy bag of sand before? This is awesome. And it is filling me with an irrational urge to go to the Home Depot... if my wife will let me...

• Like 2

And, sorry for the double post, but...

I'm a big runner and often walker as well, and I'm just curious. You say you're going to do -- I think you said -- a mile every week lugging the sandbag around? Are you going for like a quarter mile 4 times a week or...? Because that seems like absolute murder!

Lol do it!! The video i am following along with is a full body routine. But so far I really like it. Plus it even works on your grip. As far as the walking I am going to use a pedometer and I want to keep my options open on the walking so I might just do it in one day or break it up like you send into quarters or halves.

• Like 1

Went and got a 50# bag of play sand. I will have to reenforce it with some tape and a pillowcase or something but overrall I can tell it will workout better :)

• Like 2

Went and got a 50# bag of play sand. I will have to reenforce it with some tape and a pillowcase or something but overrall I can tell it will workout better :)

Can you reinforce it with duct tape and then shove the whole thing into the sack that you are using now?

A laundry bag with sand is a proper sandbag, it's how most people start.

If I can make a couple more suggestions:

A big benefit of a sandbag is the way it works the stabilizers. You should empty the sand into a big, heavy-duty trash bag so it can slosh around the laundry bag. It'll be more comfortable when you tuck it too. Just don't slam it.

Using a SB without handles really taxes the grip; you'll build the forearms of a gorilla. However, you'll want to work the extensors to avoid tendonitis. Get one of those big rubbers bands they wrap broccoli with, shove your fingers in and spread them apart. Either for reps or for time. I do it when I'm stuck in a boring meeting.

Pavowski - when I ruck mine, it's usually when I'm walking the dog. I'll do 1 - 3 miles at a time. 50# is fine, but 75# is really uncomfortable on my back.

• Like 2

Thank you for the advice. And you are right, all the weight just sits compact at the bottom of the bag. I will try to spread it out to give it a more balanced feel.

Update: today I am feeling the Doms for sure so I just started on my carving :)

I will post progress photos when I can

• Like 4

Ok sand bag is complete. I have 20lbs in one laundry bag (2 10# freezer bags) + 30lbs in another laundry bag of a bunch of sandwhich bags. And both laundry bags are taped up and inside my duffel bag. So everything looks good and is a big difference in weight distribution. So next routine should be fun

• Like 2

Thanks my legs are still sore which is encouraging that I should make some real progress with this routine. I like using the sandbag as well because I have old shoulder injuries. Using freeweights usually makes them sound like I am crunching a bag of chips. With this however I am activating multiple muscles at a time and for me personally it is alot more comfortable.

Tldr; sandbag = more pump, less pain

• Like 1

thank you it is definitely forcing me to be patient and plan out my cuts.

side note had a PR today. I was finally able to do handstand pushups!

I tried to do some last challenge and had no luck. but today I tried them and managed to do 3

:D

• Like 3

Man, I had some swankiness to catch up on! Way to make your SB training a little..easier? No that's not the word..safer? Lol. I've never done any SB training...though making one like you did, Leviathan, seems like something I could and should do! TG seems to be the master of the sandbags-way to go brotha! I'm stoked to see what the carving ends up looking like. I haven't done anything like that in over 15 yrs..but I remember it being a blast. I used to be all artsy and stuff when I was younger...then I discovered what muscles can do lol. Sports and competition always ruled my life from that point on. You should total lunge 400m with that bad boy! That's ALL you would need for the workout, haha. That and some ice cold water!

Awesomeness across the board, dude!

Wolf

Damnit man! HSPUs!! I miss those and was just talking about how much I missed em and need to start back on them this morning. Congratz on the PR sir!

Wolf

Hey no worries, exercise is art too! Sculpting these BI-s and Tri-s!

But hell yes first time in my life doing HSPUs!

Today I am going to try this thing called swimming (drowning with style)

• Like 2

Completed pump fest:

DB Bench Press - 2 sets 6-8 reps

DB Flyes - 2 sets 6-8 reps

DB (Military) Press - 10-12 reps

DB Side Laterals - 2 sets 6-8 reps

DB Front Laterals - 2 sets 6-8 reps

Arnold dumbbell press - 2 sets 6-8 reps

DB Shrugs - one set to failure

Lying DB Tricep Extension - 2 sets 8-10 reps

Seated Triceps Press- 8-10 reps

Tricep (close hand) Push-ups - 2 sets 10-12 reps

Tricep DB Kickback - 2 sets 6-8 reps

Also completed my swim.

The swim was sooo much harder then I thought it would be. Why are my legs made of lead?!

Swam 600meters. I only swam 50m at a time to be able to catch my breath.

So only things left this week are the ruck march and one more sandbag routine.

• Like 1

Also completed my swim.

The swim was sooo much harder then I thought it would be. Why are my legs made of lead?!

Swam 600meters. I only swam 50m at a time to be able to catch my breath.

Nice.  Are you swimming freestyle?  You will progress super fast if you keep at it. 

• Like 1

I am swimming freestyle or crawl.

I am most definitely not a distance swimmer yet but i think it will come easier with practice.

• Like 1