11701028_10153007312433231_8758734235082

Hi! I'm Catherine (Cutebug) and this will be my first Challenge as a Ranger. I've been indecisive about my guild and staying as an Adventurer, but I think I have found my home.

My Main Goal, as always, is to LOSE WEIGHT.

Challenge #1 - Cut Out Dairy (cheese and milk) for 6 weeks.

This morning, while walking to work drinking my tea, I felt the usual bit of "ickiness" from drinking milk. I don't *always* feel icky or bloated when I have dairy, in fact, it's mostly only if I have lots of cold milk, but it does occasionally happen. And I thought to myself, WHY am I making myself feel icky??? This may also result in me cutting out most, if not all, of my caffeine, as I can't drink tea without dairy milk, or else I get painful stomach feelings and slight nausea (before you go suggesting dairy alternatives, those don't work for my really strange random problem, unfortunately). I'll use coconut milk for any other "milk" requirements. 

Challenge #2 - Hike and/or Swim Weekly

I recently fell off the hiking wagon. I'd like to pull myself back on. Also, I have challenged myself to swim across a lake at the end of summer, so I should probably do some swimming...

11390360_10152927371578231_2944910434241

Challenge #3 - Go to the Gym Twice Weekly

I've been visiting the office gym once weekly for the past couple of months. It's been GREAT. I've finally started Deadlifts and Squats, which I couldn't do before due to lack of barbell. The gym also has a pull-up bar as part of the rack, so I'm training for that as well. I'd like to start going TWICE weekly instead of just once. This week will be my first 2x week.

11221658_10152994531668231_3939787825680

Personal Challenge: Make SeedBombs and Enact Guerilla Warefare on My Neighbourhood!

I found this lovely sunflower flourishing in a vacant lot during a drought. The vacant lots around here are often littered with people's discarded appliances, furniture, and Tim Horton's garbage. I thought it was so amazing that this one flower randomly made its home in a place like that. So I am going to help nature reclaim the empty spaces and make the neighbourhood more beautiful. I'm also going to go forage for blackberries down the street because it seems like no one else is doing it. 

1234429_10153019184673231_58213420831712

Mini Challenge: See that tractor tire in the first photo? I'm going to complete that movement I am starting in that photo. Right now I can only flip the tire from the inside. I'll keep trying and keep training in the gym until I can flip that sucker like they do in all the CrossFit videos and photos! :)

Here's what I can do now

11755898_10153007335668231_4793554538531

• Like 4

:strawberry:Hobbit Ranger, Dragon Slayer, Crazy Cat Lady, Beekeeper :strawberry:

Sixth Ranger Challenge

What a great challenge! I especially love the foraging and seedbombing!

Tzippi Longstockings, level 9 Ranger/Monk 

Battle Log - My Fitness Pal - Quest to Find My Epic Quest - Challenges:   #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7,

The Westerosi Fitness Tour: Dorne Stormlands Vale the Reach Westerlands The Wall 

MamaBear Kiss Off Waterbending Rounding <<Current

Time to eat some of the berries I foraged!

Breakfast this morning is an egg with fresh fruit. I'm also having the very last drops of milk from the fridge in an iced coffee. This is now a milk-free apartment!

I'm going to have to revamp my weekend vacation menu, as it involved bagels and cream cheese. (tsk tsk)

11229896_10153020374248231_4749671127277

Also, today is GYM DAY!

LIFT HEAVY THINGS. PUT THEM DOWN. REPEAT. 

Today is also NATIONAL HOTDOG DAY! GO HAVE A MEAT TUBE! (with no bun! and home made Paleo ketchup)

10502120_10152223625038231_9105729910214

• Like 1

:strawberry:Hobbit Ranger, Dragon Slayer, Crazy Cat Lady, Beekeeper :strawberry:

Sixth Ranger Challenge

Bwaaah! This sounds AWESOME! You go, girl!!!! I wish I had a tractor tire to flip - tire flipping is SO FUN and makes you feel so accomplished.

Also, blackberries are the best berries ever and I'm super jealous that you have them growing down the street from you!! I have to settle with buying them at the store... they're really expensive :(

It sounds like you are doing great and are on the right track for meeting your goals! Following for more epic awesomeness ^_^

(PS: Welcome to the Rangers!! :D)

• Like 2

Bwaaah! This sounds AWESOME! You go, girl!!!! I wish I had a tractor tire to flip - tire flipping is SO FUN and makes you feel so accomplished.

I *REALLY* wanted a tractor tire and my bf was all like, "where are you going to put it?" (So practical! Gawd!) but then I was walking to work one day and FOUND ONE IN THE PARK!!!! So now I visit the park on my way home from work/gym and flip away! It was super lucky. 

One day, when I can afford Vancouver Real Estate prices (haha!) I will have a house and build a DIY home gym. I have all the plans on Pinterest already. I just need to get really rich, or move far away from Vancouver. 

• Like 1

Sixth Ranger Challenge

I *REALLY* wanted a tractor tire and my bf was all like, "where are you going to put it?" (So practical! Gawd!) but then I was walking to work one day and FOUND ONE IN THE PARK!!!! So now I visit the park on my way home from work/gym and flip away! It was super lucky.

One day, when I can afford Vancouver Real Estate prices (haha!) I will have a house and build a DIY home gym. I have all the plans on Pinterest already. I just need to get really rich, or move far away from Vancouver.

Ooh, thats a lucky find! Now I'm even more jealous.

Pretty much all I want for my future home gym is a pull-up bar. Or easy access to a playground, so I don't have to buy it. (Well, and I want a tractor tire, now, too... :P)

Welcome, fellow Ranger! We are happy to have you join the party!

Also, mad jelly of the tractor tire. I so want one.

• Like 1

the year of living trippily

Final Boss, Part 2    Boss, Part 1  Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)

Welcome to the Rangers! Way to go with that tractor tire. RAWR!

• Like 1

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

My Mini-Challenge:

Name: Cutebug

Height: 5'3"

Weight: 195lbs

Race: Hobbit

Class: Ranger

Feats:

• Endurance Feat: Complete a 10km+ hike on the weekend. Location TBD. 

• Strength Feat: Full-minute wall sit (current maximum is 51 seconds) 

• Speed Feat: Count how many punches (with 5lb dumbbells) I can do in 1 minute. Increase by 5% next workout. 

• Combat Feat: Try weekly to flip the tractor tire from the outside. Flip it by end of 6-wk challenge. 

• Healing Feat: Spend at least 20 minutes every day working on my Mandalas (drawing or colouring)

Sixth Ranger Challenge

Gotta admit, your cat photo in the mini challenge brought me over here.  Looked sooooo familiar.  I have a cat who hangs close during our morning exercise time, too.  And now that I'm here...seed bombs!  Fabulous.  Looks like you are all set for an awesome challenge.

suzyQlou * Ranger    

Old Challenges: #1(2015) * #2 * #3(push ups) * #4 * #5(food) * #6 * #7(2016)* #8(nerdiversary) * #9 * 10(animal) * Battle Log * 11(2017) * 12(garden) * 13 * 14(biking) * 15 * 16  * 17  * 18 * 19(2018) * 20(2019) * 21

Gotta admit, your cat photo in the mini challenge brought me over here.  Looked sooooo familiar.  I have a cat who hangs close during our morning exercise time, too.  And now that I'm here...seed bombs!  Fabulous.  Looks like you are all set for an awesome challenge.

Yes, cats can be super obnoxious during workout time. The one in the photo NEEDS to be on the yoga mat, as soon as I bring it out. And she always walks under me when I do pushups lol 

11024651_10152706388273231_1910596633288

I've found a couple funny videos of yoga with pets. Sometimes I hold her while I do bodyweight squats, to add some extra weight! :D haha

1391877_10151901302898231_1523013239_n.j

1275234_10151599360513231_1363302522_o.j

• Like 2

Sixth Ranger Challenge

Progress: 

This week's Mini-Challenge Feat: CombatTry weekly to flip the tractor tire from the outside (Flip it by end of 6-wk challenge). 

I drove to work today because I was suuuuuuuper tired and running late, so not sure I will attempt this today, since I won't be walking by, but I will definitely do it Thursday. I normally walk on gym days (and as many other days as possible!), but I had such a hard time getting up this morning :(

6-Week Challenge Goals - So far so good on the dairy. I haven't been having any caffeine in the morning either (yawns). I haven't decided where I'll be hiking yet, but I'm thinking something with more distance than elevation. I wiped out and smashed my knees over the weekend, and one of my knees is quite bruised and has a giant scab on it. Flatter will be better. I'll go for distance. Today is Gym Day #1, Thursday will be #2. I've been chatting with a coworker about kickboxing. He's getting pads and gloves for us. This weekend is a long weekend here in BC, so I'm going to look at the seedbomb instructions and see if I can make them this weekend. 

Sixth Ranger Challenge

Gym Day!!! :D

11813524_10153031524533231_4313802304820

My gym notes

11813293_10153031524618231_8698980143899

Accomplishments:

Squats - 7 reps of 100lbs (lower and slower)

Deadlifts - 11 @ 140

Wall Sit - 61 seconds

Pull-Up Training - 9@30 bent over rows, 9 second hang from bar, arms and legs bent

To prepare for my Mini-Challenge Speed Feat: I tested how many punches I could do in 1 minute. Result - 140/minute with 3lb weights

My speed feat is to do 10% better. 

Additional blackberry harvesting! BF helped this time :)

11825825_10153031715983231_2997789733114

• Like 2

Sixth Ranger Challenge

Lovely! I'm envying you those berries, especially!

Good luck flipping that tire! Let's smash those bandits!

Tzippi Longstockings, level 9 Ranger/Monk 

Battle Log - My Fitness Pal - Quest to Find My Epic Quest - Challenges:   #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7,

The Westerosi Fitness Tour: Dorne Stormlands Vale the Reach Westerlands The Wall 

MamaBear Kiss Off Waterbending Rounding <<Current

I was just THISCLOSE to buying a bag of Hawkin's Cheesies. Like.... really close call there. 

Then I was like, well, if I do that, I'll have to tell the NF community that I failed today at not eating Dairy. And that's not even the worst thing about them! 

Thanks for saving me, just by following my thread! :D

<3 <3 <3 <3

• Like 3

Sixth Ranger Challenge

I was just THISCLOSE to buying a bag of Hawkin's Cheesies. Like.... really close call there. 

Then I was like, well, if I do that, I'll have to tell the NF community that I failed today at not eating Dairy. And that's not even the worst thing about them! 

<3 <3 <3 <3

Lol I'm doing a food log on my challenge this time too, and I keep reaching for things and going, oh, god, THAT'S gonna look good on the thread. Amazing what a little self-embarassment can do.

• Like 1

the year of living trippily

Final Boss, Part 2    Boss, Part 1  Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)

<3 <3 <3 <3

The forums are great for accountability! Especially when we vow to share everything on here... it's like we're letting the guild down if we slip up, and it really honestly helps keep one on track (or at least it does me).

Good for you for resisting!! That smells like victory to me!!! :D

YOU GUYS!

I just CRUSHED the first mini challenge feat (Combat)

11794574_10153035439553231_5047863973191

Also, GYM DAY!

Squats: 6@100, 7@100

Deadlifts: 13@140, 2@145

Wall Sit: 50 Seconds

Pull-Up Training: 9@30 bent over rows, 7 second hang from bar, arms and legs bent

Weighted Speed Punches: 160/minute with 3lb weights (which means I already crushed my speed feat, so I must try to crush the crushed goal)

YEAH

pink-fluffy-unicorns-dancing-on-rainbows

• Like 3

Sixth Ranger Challenge

Mini challenge feat is awesome.  I love your pictures, too.  Do you take photos for a living?  Or is it just for fun?

suzyQlou * Ranger    

Old Challenges: #1(2015) * #2 * #3(push ups) * #4 * #5(food) * #6 * #7(2016)* #8(nerdiversary) * #9 * 10(animal) * Battle Log * 11(2017) * 12(garden) * 13 * 14(biking) * 15 * 16  * 17  * 18 * 19(2018) * 20(2019) * 21

Mini challenge feat is awesome.  I love your pictures, too.  Do you take photos for a living?  Or is it just for fun?

Just for fun. I don't have the patience for fiddling with exposure and such. I mostly just hope for good lighting. Most of these photos are taken with my cell phone. I have a real camera, though! :)

• Like 1

Sixth Ranger Challenge