LadyShello Comes Full Circle - Nerdversary

I can't really imagine drinking with a migraine.  I think it would make me feel worse.  I did try another medicinal substance but the relief was short lived at best.  It did, however, lead to an interesting D&D night.  O__o   and the Munchies.... But I was on a break so I just enjoyed it. 

I can't really imagine drinking with a migraine.  I think it would make me feel worse.  I did try another medicinal substance but the relief was short lived at best.  It did, however, lead to an interesting D&D night.  O__o   and the Munchies.... But I was on a break so I just enjoyed it. 

I was talking to my aunt on the phone today as she has suffered migraines for years and her advice was to learn the warning signs and take painkillers as soon as you can before the migraine hits and keep the dose up over a couple of days because once the migraine actually hits, your body can't absorb the drugs properly. This way, she manages to avoid them if she catches them on time. Who knew?

But mine has mostly gone. I don't get headaches with them, just really bad earaches. And I figure I feel like crap anyway I might as well be drunk too. 

• Like 1

That's  normally the tactic I use too - catching it before it hits.  I think that's how I ended up with on and off headaches for 3 days.  It tends to tease me and toy with me like a cat does with their toy mice.  And then either I win or it pounces.  Once it gets hold I tend to get headaches afterwards... But this aftermath is worse than normal.

My doc forced me to try one of those prescription migraine meds.  I thought it was going to kill me.  

My doc forced me to try one of those prescription migraine meds.  I thought it was going to kill me.  

What happened? 

I'm fairly new to them and I only recently realised migraines is what they were because I didn't know there was such as thing as silent migraine. 

What happened? 

I'm fairly new to them and I only recently realised migraines is what they were because I didn't know there was such as thing as silent migraine. 

It made my heart race and my chest got all tight and constricted.  I may be the only one who feels this way but when I go to the dentist I tense all my muscles and afterwards I have trouble relaxing and going a back to normal.  My body felt like that too.  It was scary. 

It made my heart race and my chest got all tight and constricted.  I may be the only one who feels this way but when I go to the dentist I tense all my muscles and afterwards I have trouble relaxing and going a back to normal.  My body felt like that too.  It was scary. 

That sounds awful, best stick to regular painkillers in future :(

Do you know your triggers?

She has literally been a trigger since I was a teen.  I used to think it was the cigarettes she smoked but she doesn't smoke in the house anymore and she still causes them.   I never travel to my dad's without my painkillers.  

I suppose most of rest of my migraines are PMS related but I don't typically get them every month.  Thank goodness.  

• Like 1