LadyShello Comes Full Circle - Nerdversary

Sunday was the drive back.  It was just me and the girl and we ended up eating lunch from a gas station deli and then I had a burger and fries from Applebees for dinner on the road.  I should have looked up calories at Applebes ahead of time. I decided to splurge but then after logging it I totally regretted the 1300 calories just for dinner.  Combine that with sitting in the car all day with no workout and I had a calorie surplus.  Weight is up 3 pounds since access to my scale before the trip.  But today is the official first day of the challenge so hopefully it's all down from here.  

I find with calorie bomb dinners like that there is so much salt! I always gain a lot of weight. Then a day or two of green tea and healthy eating and I'm back to Start again. Now you can focus on kicking butt! KICK ALL THE BUTTS. From a place of love of course. :)

• Like 2

I find with calorie bomb dinners like that there is so much salt! I always gain a lot of weight. Then a day or two of green tea and healthy eating and I'm back to Start again. Now you can focus on kicking butt! KICK ALL THE BUTTS. From a place of love of course. :)

That's a very good point.  The 3 pound gain does not match my expected gain based on the actual calories in and calories out.  It could be my formula but it is probably mostly due to all the salty bloatiness.  Thanks for the reminder.  

• Like 4

Shello, it sounds like you might need a strategy for those nights when you know that you're going to end up with the munchies.

Umm, well, this particular attack of the munchies is Munchies as in capital M Munchies, a la Shaggy and Scooby munchies.  The best strategy is not to partake in the first place so I'm not under the influence. Then I doubt I would have had the Munchies.  But I was at my brother's and that's what we do.    

For regular munchies, I usually only get them when I am up later than normal.  Going to bed on time solves multiple problems.  

• Like 2

Cupcakes and cheeseburgers will do it. Not that I speak from experience..... *runs away*

You've seen my graph, yeah? B)

Same boat and same boat.  Except I had birthday cake instead of cupcakes.   And my graph says the same thing...  

Your spreadsheet is so awesome!

Thanks.  I can't take credit really.  I was totally inspired by SomeGuyFromScotland and then tweaked it to make it my own.  But I love the total transparent accountability. 

• Like 1

Spreadsheets updated

Mwahahahahaha.  I'm feeling a little badass.  Today was an awesome day.  Back to a deficit and carbs only at 24% of calories.  That's much better than last week.  And I even had a few cookies today.  Today's workout was Neila Rey's The Cake is a Lie workout.  It was tougher than I expected but I managed 3 rounds for level 1.  

• Like 7

Week 1 Itinerary Progress

Just so this is recorded.... here is my plan for the week

Monday - strength workout.  I've decided on this Darebee workout in addition to the PT exercises.  I don't have much time though since we have scouts tonight and I am teaching a merit badge tonight and I'm not really prepared.   DONE

Tuesday - go for a run

Wed - Strength workout at home.  Darebee workout TBD

Thurs - boxing cardio class at the gym.  It will be my strength workout for the week and will take care of the Ranger mini for the week

Fri - a run in the morning, work half a day, and then back in the car for another drive.

Saturday - I must fit a run into this too.  I can go for a run with my sister who will be running her first 5K with me in late August.  

Sunday - rest day and driving day.  And hopefully not repeating yesterday.  

• Like 1

Umm, well, this particular attack of the munchies is Munchies as in capital M Munchies, a la Shaggy and Scooby munchies. The best strategy is not to partake in the first place so I'm not under the influence. Then I doubt I would have had the Munchies. But I was at my brother's and that's what we do.

For regular munchies, I usually only get them when I am up later than normal. Going to bed on time solves multiple problems.

Oh I knew what you were talking about. But afterwards it seems to bum you out.

• Like 1

Spreadsheets updated

Mwahahahahaha.  I'm feeling a little badass.  Today was an awesome day.  Back to a deficit and carbs only at 24% of calories.  That's much better than last week.  And I even had a few cookies today.  Today's workout was Neila Rey's The Cake is a Lie workout.  It was tougher than I expected but I managed 3 rounds for level 1.  

Such cool looking spreadsheets, Shello! Sounds like your challenge is starting great :) That workout looks super tough, well done getting through three rounds...!

Oh I knew what you were talking about. But afterwards it seems to bum you out.

You're right.  I do need a strategy.  I really have nothing other than not doing it very often and then telling myself 'we are not snacking'.  I'll take suggestions.   :rapture:

Such cool looking spreadsheets, Shello! Sounds like your challenge is starting great :) That workout looks super tough, well done getting through three rounds...!

Thanks.  Gotta love great starts.  I needed a fresh start.  

• Like 2

Yesterday was another good day, but not great.  I had planned it as a running day, which means more calories out and thus more calories in.  But the humidity was insane and it made the heat feel oppressive.  I thought maybe I would try to run in the evening but i got so busy and ended up eating late.  I don't like to run on a full stomach either.  Geez, I am so high maintenance.  Anyway I did a Neila Rey workout (cardio and Core) as a back up just in case. Good thing.  Although I'm not sure how to count it.  I put it down as half a point for a run since I focused on cardio and it was high knees.  

Then after dinner I had a calorie deficit but not very much so I instigated a family bike ride.  It was getting dark so it was only 20 minutes but it was still good and fun.  Except for the girl, she got a new bike that she can change gears and she hates it.  She'll have to get used to it and stop complaining.  That helped with the deficit.   

it is tough getting used to having a smaller, more reasonable deficit.  The expected loss per day is hardly noticable.  Practicing patience...  

patientbear.gif

This morning I was going to go for a run to help make up for yesterday.  I had the Mr make sure I was awake when he gets up in the morning.  I did manage to wake up but just couldn't picture myself outside running and thought 1 more hour of sleep would feel really nice..  So I went back to bed.  Fail.  Then when I actually left for work I noticed it was gorgeous outside.  I regret not going.  Friday I have a morning run planned.  That one will happen.  

• Like 7

Week 1 Itinerary Progress

Just so this is recorded.... here is my plan for the week

Monday - strength workout.  I've decided on this Darebee workout in addition to the PT exercises.  I don't have much time though since we have scouts tonight and I am teaching a merit badge tonight and I'm not really prepared.   DONE

Tuesday - go for a run NOT COMPLETED

Wed - Strength workout at home.  Darebee workout TBD

Thurs - boxing cardio class at the gym.  It will be my strength workout for the week and will take care of the Ranger mini for the week

Fri - a run in the morning, work half a day, and then back in the car for another drive.

Saturday - I must fit a run into this too.  I can go for a run with my sister who will be running her first 5K with me in late August.  

Sunday - rest day and driving day.  And hopefully not repeating yesterday.  

Yesterday was another good day, but not great.  I had planned it as a running day, which means more calories out and thus more calories in.  But the humidity was insane and it made the heat feel oppressive.  I thought maybe I would try to run in the evening but i got so busy and ended up eating late.  I don't like to run on a full stomach either.  Geez, I am so high maintenance.  Anyway I did a Neila Rey workout (cardio and Core) as a back up just in case. Good thing.  Although I'm not sure how to count it.  I put it down as half a point for a run since I focused on cardio and it was high knees.  

Then after dinner I had a calorie deficit but not very much so I instigated a family bike ride.  It was getting dark so it was only 20 minutes but it was still good and fun.  Except for the girl, she got a new bike that she can change gears and she hates it.  She'll have to get used to it and stop complaining.  That helped with the deficit.   

it is tough getting used to having a smaller, more reasonable deficit.  The expected loss per day is hardly noticable.  Practicing patience...  

patientbear.gif

This morning I was going to go for a run to help make up for yesterday.  I had the Mr make sure I was awake when he gets up in the morning.  I did manage to wake up but just couldn't picture myself outside running and thought 1 more hour of sleep would feel really nice..  So I went back to bed.  Fail.  Then when I actually left for work I noticed it was gorgeous outside.  I regret not going.  Friday I have a morning run planned.  That one will happen.  

Bears are awesome! I am very persnickety about the weather too. I don't mind hot, but humid is a deal breaker. Really anything wet is a dealbreaker. I joined a planet fitness just for the treadmills so I could walk when it's wet outside. 

(stares at feet)not that I actually go to the gym either.

High knees is like running in place. I think that half point is well deserved. And it's not like you were just a sloth hanging around on a tree limb, you did work out! So I say it's a lot better than nothing! :D

• Like 3

You still went for a bike ride, that totally counts! Any activity is better than no activity! 

Also I have been in that exact situation where I was up and could be walking/running/general exercising and then the siren call of my bed lured me back to sleep  :pirate:

Patience is super hard. But also important. So think of this as great life skills practice! (I have to tell myself this all the time :lol:)

YOU GOT THIS SUPER SHELLO!!!!!!

tinypotato.jpg

• Like 5

Bears are awesome! I am very persnickety about the weather too. I don't mind hot, but humid is a deal breaker. Really anything wet is a dealbreaker. I joined a planet fitness just for the treadmills so I could walk when it's wet outside. 

(stares at feet)not that I actually go to the gym either.

High knees is like running in place. I think that half point is well deserved. And it's not like you were just a sloth hanging around on a tree limb, you did work out! So I say it's a lot better than nothing! :D

I don't mind the rain - sometimes when I run on hot days I stare and the clouds and beg them to burst open.  But the humidity - that's just cruel.  

You still went for a bike ride, that totally counts! Any activity is better than no activity! 

Also I have been in that exact situation where I was up and could be walking/running/general exercising and then the siren call of my bed lured me back to sleep  :pirate:

Patience is super hard. But also important. So think of this as great life skills practice! (I have to tell myself this all the time :lol:)

YOU GOT THIS SUPER SHELLO!!!!!!

tinypotato.jpg

Thanks potato!

• Like 1