Since we've become popular with people for an Accountabilibuddy group (10 memebers last challenge?!?), the Wild Hunt will ride again!

We're focused on Jim Butcher's The Dresden Files. If you don't know about this amazing series, go check it out now here!

wild_hunt_by_velamir-d6xgtm9.jpg

The Wild Hunt is an ethereal hunting party, summoned from the depths of Faerie and made up of Sidhe lords and ladies along with their companions. It is designed to ride down prey with cold, and brutal, efficiency.

While you are out late and alone one Halloween night, you hear the sound of a hunting horn and the baying of a pack of hounds. Terror grips you and you only have three choices: join, hide or die.

Joining the hunt means competing again the best warriors of all time: Odin, Herne the Hunter, King Arthur, and the Erlking, among others. Hiding means you can only hope the monsters won't find you and kill you anyway; or if you choose to flee as prey to somehow outpace the horses. And dying...well, that's not really an option now, is it?

If you choose to join, you are committing to working towards your challenges, whatever they may be, for the duration of the hunt (our 6 week challenge). Offering support to your fellow riders and being relentless towards your own goals. We will be dedicated and we will succeed or die trying!

And for this Hunt, we will have mini-challenges along the way as well. All Dresden-themed of course!

So what will you do: join, hide or die? 

Rules
1. Follow this thread and other members threads by clicking the red 'follow this topic' button at the top right of your screen.
2. Post a short introduction about yourself, what your challenge is all about and how it pertains to the Dresden Files. 

3. Discuss the Dresden Files here!

Members

1. elinox - Mastering Murphy's Methods (Dresden-themed)

2. Nessajel - Nessajel's Intro

3. Alathel - 

4. PositiveBlue - Fool Moon (Dresden-themed)

5. TwinBear - Reassembling TwinBear

6. wineandwinter - Sort of First Challenge

The_Dresden_Files_2007_Intertitle.png

• Like 1

Level 38 Lupine Pirate = STR: 98 || DEX: 91 || STA: 102 || CON: 76 || WIS: 88 || CHA: 75

Current Challenge: 

Past Challenge List: Challenges 1-38

Battle Log: Battle On, Eli!

"You're the best kind of crazy." -Murphy, Dresden Files

"That's wolves for ya; good guys!" -Wolf, 10th Kingdom

'think I only read one of the Dresden files, but I heard about a different version of the Wild Hunt from the Witcher series ^^.

In any case, that gives me another objective: being done with the book series.

As for the rest, if you'll have me, count me in!

Level 0 Yeti Assassin

STR 0

DEX 0

STA 0

CON 0

WIS 0

CHA 0

Ongoing 6-Week Challenge

Welcome to the Hunt!

Start reading the Dresden Files from the beginning! The earlier books are not as good as the later books (and by the author's own admission too!) but I like them and they pave the way for the entire series. 

Level 38 Lupine Pirate = STR: 98 || DEX: 91 || STA: 102 || CON: 76 || WIS: 88 || CHA: 75

Current Challenge: 

Hi, i would like to join again, but I am on crutches for the next two weeks so no PARKOUR!!! for me :-(

• Like 1

Level 2 Paladin (Warrior/Monk)

Challenge 1 2 3

Lazy workaholic, Deeply flawed perfections, Pacifist warrior, Kind cynic

Upholding the Paladin code

100%
100%

10 pull-ups in 2016 For reals this time

50%
50%

Hey folks, I'd love to sign up for the hunt this time around now that I'm back and on the mend.

If you haven't seen my thread, you can check out the details through the link in my sig or by clicking here. I've read up through book 8 (Dead Beat) and have read the graphic novels, including War Cry (which is set after Dead Beat). At that point, Harry is still trying to recover the use of his left hand. While not quite exactly in the same situation (nor with his recuperative powers as Butters seems to think he has), I'm definitely in that kind of situation where I'm trying to do some healing of my own. Thankfully, I don't have the Wardens' mantle to wear at the same time so I've got things a little bit easier at this point.

Hope you are all doing well.

Level 5 Lycan Adventurer | Male, Age: 41 | STR 8 DEX 5 STA 6 CON 8 WIS 14 CHA 10

Nerd Fitness Challenge: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #5(redux)

Accountabilibuddies Groups:

Previous Accountabilibuddies Groups: The Wild Hunt, The Wild Hunt Rides Again,The Wild HuntThe Wild Hunt

TwinBear's Weight Loss : Starting Weight (235lbs), Current weight (200lbs), Goal weight (195lbs)

87.5%
87.5%

Oh, right. I won't likely be able to do many of the mini-challenges, but I'll do my best.

Level 5 Lycan Adventurer | Male, Age: 41 | STR 8 DEX 5 STA 6 CON 8 WIS 14 CHA 10

Previous Accountabilibuddies Groups: The Wild Hunt, The Wild Hunt Rides Again,The Wild HuntThe Wild Hunt

TwinBear's Weight Loss : Starting Weight (235lbs), Current weight (200lbs), Goal weight (195lbs)

87.5%
87.5%

Oh, right. I won't likely be able to do many of the mini-challenges, but I'll do my best.

Welcome back!

And we likely won't have mini challenges this time around since I was really the only one who did them last time. ;) Maybe in a future challenge though!

Current Challenge: 

Jumping in and saying what the heck, going to give it my best try! :)

Welcome!

I just need your new challenge to link to. 

Current Challenge: 

I've read them all numerous times- it's one of those series that I enjoy going back and re-reading, which is new for me, but I found I picked up more and noted different things each time I went though! Although I admit- I haven't read Skin Game yet. *hangs head* Hrm. Perhaps a quick visit to Amazon is due... ;)

WineAndWinter, the level 0 Wood elf
Current challenge

Class: Recruit, leaning toward Ranger

Goal #1: 5K (in progress) 

25%
25%

Goal #2: Better Living Through Food
0%
0%

Goal #3: Yoga x3/wk (TBD) 
0%
0%

Goal #4: Return to Kettlebells (TBD)
0%
0%

I've recently started reading Proven Guilty. So far it's pretty decent. Seeing the way he reacted to Molly was.. amusing. His discomfort with the situation was almost palpable.

So far this week is doing ok. I've gotten my two PT appointments done. I'll have to do my third day of PT exercises tomorrow since the second appointment was last night and I need at least a day in between.

How's everyone else doing this fine Friday?

87.5%
87.5%

I hope everyone had as beautiful a weekend as we did here in MA.

It was a great weekend for hanging out with family and taking a swim.

TwinBear - I had Proven Guilty on audio (the CD's have since been damaged and lost), so now, every time I read the book I hear it in James Marsters voice.  How far are you into the book?  The Molly/Harry dynamic has many good moments. 

I've recently started reading Proven Guilty.

That's what I'm reading now too! I went back a few months ago and started re-reading the entire series. I'd forgotten so much!

Current Challenge: 

How fairs things with you?

Good as well. I'm wondering if my challenge goals were too easy this time though as I'm not having a lot of trouble, so far at least, in achieving them. 

Current Challenge: 

I'm still early-ish in the book. Harry has already dealt with a first visit to the convention and subsequent visit to the hospital where he learned they were dealing with a phobiaphage. I haven't had a chance to read it more over the past couple of days, but I suspect there will be more time coming up in the next couple of days.

The first week was pretty decent overall. I'll put an update in my own thread with details, but in general, I'm pretty happy with how things went and with progress on all tasks.

87.5%
87.5%

Good as well. I'm wondering if my challenge goals were too easy this time though as I'm not having a lot of trouble, so far at least, in achieving them. 

Hmm... I've noticed that it's pretty easy to accomplish things early on in the challenges. It's the finishing strong part that I have to work harder to achieve.

• Like 1

87.5%
87.5%

*gigglesnort* Speak for yourself... I'm having a devil of a time AGAIN just trying to keep going.... :(

It's only week #2, you can get going now and still finish strongly. What issues are you having?

Current Challenge: