Alanna multiplies everything by 2.2

Alanna

tumblr_m4sxfhm0zf1rw7k3jo1_400.gif

You finished your dissertation AND pulled a monster deadlift?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!???!?!?!  YAS BISH YAS!  Congratulations!!!!  

• Like 1

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

So many big WOO's here!!!

Congratulations on finishing your dissertation! That is HUGE and definitely something to be proud of. :D

Also, awesome PRs! Hope the move goes smoothly and that everything gets settled well back here in the good ol US of A.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

great work!! you totally crushed it :D

• Like 1

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

Thanks all! Currently chilling at ORD and using my free 30 min. of wi-fi while waiting for flight 3 of 3.

The recent late nights might actually have worked in my favor--it's my bedtime, but I'm doing ok XD. Exhausted, but ok.

It appears to be a new Boingo thing.  LAX offers "unlimited 45 minute sessions" free.  I just paid them cause I needed it for 4 hours.

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

Guys, lifting in pounds is weird. I have no intuition for what's "heavy" in pounds, beyond some benchmarks (e.g., the "big girl plates" (135 lbs) = ~ 60 kg, and 175 lbs = ~ bodyweight).

Sept. 2 I forgot my log book, so I was constantly pulling out my phone's calculator to convert my usual warm-up weights to pounds. I worked up to a 125 lb single for bench, then did dynamic effort (DE) squats and deadlifts. I got a random enthusiastic complement on my squat form while I was warming up with the bar ("AWESOME squat form! Awesome job!) from a lady that was doing some upper body stuff with dumbbells. Caught me off guard, to be honest--I'm not used to random people talking to me in the gym. And she was REALLY enthusiastic.

The new gym has four nice power racks that provide eight lifting stations (4 proper cages, and 4 with safety pins that extend from the frame--similar to below).

522-1004-large.jpg

Unfortunately, though, it doesn't have platforms for deadlifts, which is a bit problematic--I don't drop weights, but I'm not used to lowering heavy deadlifts slowly. Also, I'm not a fan of deadlifting with hex plates--those things roll. Cue bruised shins. Yes, I know, first world problems. I managed with my light, DE deadlifts, but thankfully when the other gym on campus re-opens soon (yep, there are two gyms--poor me), I'll have access to Olympic lifting platforms :D. I already checked that it's ok to use them for powerlifting, too. I'll just need to take a safety class before I have permission to use them.

My lifting schedule is going to be disrupted over the next two weeks because of an insane schedule, so the plan is to get in the big lifts as much as possible (I will be able to lift on the weekends) and do yoga/bodyweight work to supplement. I'm overdue for a deload, so it should work out ok. Afterwards I'm going to repeat my last full cycle of 5/3/1. I'd rather underestimate my progress than stretch myself too far and have trouble making the lifts. Besides, either way I'll still have room to make progress thanks to the AMRAP and joker sets.

Yesterday's (Sept. 6) lifts (all in lbs):

• squats (LB)
    • 45x5
    • 95x5
    • 105x5
    • 135x5
    • 155x3
    • 175x3
    • 195x5 (AMRAP) (+ belt)
    • 205x3 (joker) (+ belt)
    • 155x7 (AMRAP)
  • OHP
    • 45x5
    • 55x5
    • 60x3
    • 70x3
    • 80x5 (AMRAP)
    • 85x3 (joker)
    • 60x5 (AMRAP)
  • bench (DE): 70x3x10 EMOM
  • incline push-ups (on bench): bwx10x3
  • lying leg raises (on bench): bwxFx3

As far as the challenge goes--it was all over the place. Some goals I did well on throughout (yay for flossing!), others were patchy throughout, and others were great some weeks and iffy others. I don't have much time/motivation to do a full breakdown, but the main take-away is that I really underestimated how much time and effort it would take to finish up my dissertation. I'm going to skip leveling up this challenge since my performance wasn't up to my usual par, but the things that needed to be done (lifting, the dissertation, moving thousands of miles...) were done. And I'm also doing well with some goals that have popped up in the meantime, like relearning to ride a bike!

You probably won't hear much from me as I finish getting settled, although I'll try to pop into my battle log occasionally. Regardless of how strong a presence I have on here, though, you can be sure that there will be plenty of deadlifting :).

-:- THE LIONESS -:-

Challenge 2.1, 2.2

Supple Lioness Mobility

Congrats on surviving everything! And that nice deadlift PR :) It's the last one i'll be able to easily relate too now that you've gone back to pounds ;) 

I reckon you do deserve a lvlup, you've been here, you've done awesome work that's definitely lvled up your life, so why not.

• Like 1

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: It's all future KB Girl's problem

my instagram - my gym's instagram

Congrats on surviving everything! And that nice deadlift PR :) It's the last one i'll be able to easily relate too now that you've gone back to pounds ;)

I reckon you do deserve a lvlup, you've been here, you've done awesome work that's definitely lvled up your life, so why not.

Thank you! I have high hopes that these Olympic platforms will have kg plates (that is the norm for bumper plates, no?) so that I can continue to deadlift in kg. You might see some more kg deadlift PRs after all :D.

Eh... I think "maintained/didn't backslide too far during lots of upheaval" would be the better characterization.

• Like 1

Challenge 2.1, 2.2

Supple Lioness Mobility

Thank you! I have high hopes that these Olympic platforms will have kg plates (that is the norm for bumper plates, no?) so that I can continue to deadlift in kg. You might see some more kg deadlift PRs after all :D.

Nope.  We have Olympic platforms over here and they use 45 pound, 35 pound, 25 pound, and 10 pound bumper plates.  We also have 45 pound bars, 44 pound bars, and 33 pound bars.  Now that I think of it, maybe microloading will be a little easier with 3 pound jumps instead of 5 pounds.

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

Nope.  We have Olympic platforms over here and they use 45 pound, 35 pound, 25 pound, and 10 pound bumper plates.  We also have 45 pound bars, 44 pound bars, and 33 pound bars.  Now that I think of it, maybe microloading will be a little easier with 3 pound jumps instead of 5 pounds.

tumblr_ngu424kgqi1r3i2kko2_r1_500-no-dis

Well... I'll find out in 2 weeks if I get to use kg for my favorite lift.

• Like 1

Challenge 2.1, 2.2

Supple Lioness Mobility

Welcome back!!!  Sounds like you have some pretty awesome gyms on campus!  I'm kinda jealous (even though my gym is pretty good).  Good luck with the conversion if the kg bumpers aren't there!  

• Like 1

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!