tigertubagirl's quest to vanquish the inches: first challenge!!

Smashing those goals, way to go :)

Also, I believe I will implement a system of saving beers from one week to the next, sort of like rollover minutes. I see no reason that I will have a beer this week; however, I have German table happy hour/dinner next week and may like to have two beers over the course of the entire evening. This seems like a reasonable approach to me -- what do y'all think?

Sounds good to me. 

• Like 1

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: KB Girl dusts off her competition skills

my instagram - my gym's instagram

Yeah, I'm digging in Rollover Beer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smashing those goals, way to go :)

Sounds good to me. 

Well, rollover beer doesn't happen this week, after all. The boys of IT invited me to happy hour last night, so I had my week's beer with them. It tasted damn good, too. Absence does make the heart grow fonder, it would seem! XD

• Like 1

Happy Colorado Day!

Had to stop by the office for something else today, so I thought, why not? One more S&S workout in a week can't hurt. :D 10x10 swings with a 35-lb bell in 5:11; 5x1 both sides TGUs wtih a 26-lb bell, 5-sec hold at all steps on two of the rounds each side. 

Now to do the few minutes of work that has to get done before Monday morning and get outta here!

Hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend!

• Like 1

Gym bag packed and clothes laid out for work tomorrow. Not packing my lunch because I have work obligations that require me getting there early and who knows where/when I'll be able to eat.

I wrote this, and then I thought, "I swear, you sure are lazy sometimes." And then I felt guilty, got up, went into the kitchen, and in literally 6 minutes had thrown a salad together with chicken, avocado, oranges, goat cheese, carrots, grape tomatoes, cukes, and a fresh-reamed orange juice/sherry vinaigrette.

Good thing I have y'all for my imagination to use when helping me guilt-trip myself. :D

• Like 3

Happy Colorado Day!

Had to stop by the office for something else today, so I thought, why not? One more S&S workout in a week can't hurt. :D 10x10 swings with a 35-lb bell in 5:11; 5x1 both sides TGUs wtih a 26-lb bell, 5-sec hold at all steps on two of the rounds each side. 

Now to do the few minutes of work that has to get done before Monday morning and get outta here!

Hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend!

Awesome!

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

I wrote this, and then I thought, "I swear, you sure are lazy sometimes." And then I felt guilty, got up, went into the kitchen, and in literally 6 minutes had thrown a salad together with chicken, avocado, oranges, goat cheese, carrots, grape tomatoes, cukes, and a fresh-reamed orange juice/sherry vinaigrette.

Good thing I have y'all for my imagination to use when helping me guilt-trip myself. :D

ha, I do that too sometimes. I know I'll have to write up a "reason" why I didn't do something and then I'll realize how lame my reason is and just do it

• Like 1

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Week 1 Recap

Feeling pretty good about my first week. I met all my goals and even exceeded on the S&S workout goal. I feel better physically and fresher mentally. 

The trick now will be not getting lazy in week 2. I'm notorious for losing steam once the shiny newness has worn off of things. I'm super glad to be on here and know that I'm putting my intentions out there for others to see. Even if people aren't actually reading any of this, I can convince myself that they are, and I'm less likely to fail y'all than I am to fail my own self (how sad is that?). :)

• Like 2

People of Earth!!

Guess who just did 10x10 swings with a 35-lb bell in 4:59??!?!!!

AND did 2 of her 5 sets of TGUs with a 35-lb bell???!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(And felt really solid doing those, to boot?)

I cannot tell you how excited I am!!!!! Squeeeeeee!!!

That is all. :)

I'm excited for you :)  That really is very awesome!  This needs to be posted Weapons/Shields mini challenge thread for sure.

^5

Now I'm off to find an appropriate .giv 

• Like 1

Barbarian Assassin / Level 5

STR: 16.5 | DEX: 4.8 | STA: 8.9 | CON: 8.7 | WIS: 6.6 | CHA: 6.8

My Current Six Week Challenge - Jrosto - A Barbarian Cleans Up His Act

Previous Challenges - #1, #2, #3, #4

My NF Introduction Post : My MDA Journal : My MDA Phase 1 Success Story

Simple & Sinister Workout Log

Keep Calm and Send in the Penguins!

I'm excited for you :)  That really is very awesome!  This needs to be posted Weapons/Shields mini challenge thread for sure.

^5

Now I'm off to find an appropriate .giv 

Thank you so much! I am super. freaking. stoked.

I'd love to post it in the mini-challenge, but I'm somewhat afraid that would involve me doing math or computations or something. XD

gif.gif

Not quite as cool as your accomplishment, but still pretty neat :)

• Like 1

Sorry about the double post.

Now I'm off to work on KB Swing form :)

• Like 1

I survived! 

I did 4 of the sets of swings two-handed @ 44 lbs. I'm such a freaking midget that two-handed swings with a bigger bell make me have to take inventory of my legs for bruise counting later, if I'm not careful. That handle can be sneaky! The other 6 sets of swings I did one-handed with the 35. It was certainly taxing to use the 44, and I see what Elastigirl meant about challenging the grip. I'm not sure how I'll fare with one-handers. I suppose we'll find out eventually. :)

Despite having no potential ambulance-calling witnesses, I also did three of my 5 sets of TGUs with the 35-lb bell. I can REALLY feel the muscles working during those. I felt pretty steady, though I had to concentrate pretty well to make sure I felt steady on the weak side. 

All in all, I'm happy with today. We'll see what my muscles have to say about it tomorrow, though! :D

• Like 2

Another awesome, and inspiring, workout.  I always enjoy reading about your wo's, really gives me the knowledge that my goals are achievable.

• Like 1

I survived! 

I did 4 of the sets of swings two-handed @ 44 lbs. I'm such a freaking midget that two-handed swings with a bigger bell make me have to take inventory of my legs for bruise counting later, if I'm not careful. That handle can be sneaky! The other 6 sets of swings I did one-handed with the 35. It was certainly taxing to use the 44, and I see what Elastigirl meant about challenging the grip. I'm not sure how I'll fare with one-handers. I suppose we'll find out eventually. :)

Despite having no potential ambulance-calling witnesses, I also did three of my 5 sets of TGUs with the 35-lb bell. I can REALLY feel the muscles working during those. I felt pretty steady, though I had to concentrate pretty well to make sure I felt steady on the weak side. 

All in all, I'm happy with today. We'll see what my muscles have to say about it tomorrow, though! :D

WOOT! I'm short too, the handle on my 44lb is so huge, it can be awkward to swing. I buy my bells, so the next bell I buy I am going to get one a handle that isn't so huge. I like the look of the Rogue KB's.

• Like 1

WOOT! I'm short too, the handle on my 44lb is so huge, it can be awkward to swing. I buy my bells, so the next bell I buy I am going to get one a handle that isn't so huge. I like the look of the Rogue KB's.

I'm glad someone else knows what I'm talking about! I thought maybe I was just THAT uncoordinated.

Yes, I think that when the big boss asks which gym equipment we need next, I'll recommend Rogue. :)