Is ElvenEngineer even a warrior?

I’m pretty much going to cut mandated workouts out of my challenges. I feel like that is a habit that’s fairly ingrained now, and I don’t find myself benefiting from it all too much. [see my straight A’s in this last challenge.] For this challenge I’m going to focus more on eating/mindfulness. I need to figure out a caloric range that works for me, and maybe some macros to hit.  When I get busy and stressed, I will and have eaten pasta for every meal just because it’s easy and fast.  If I have a protein goal though, I know that doesn’t work out.

Quest 1:

Track everything in MFP.  No minimums, no maximums for now. I may readjust as needed. [i’m probably going to subconsciously try to keep with my fruit or veggie with every meal or one paleo meal per day thing. But I won’t be tracking it]

Track ALL the food for 5/7 days= A [+3 STA]

Track ALL the food for 4/7 days= B [+2 STA]

Track ALL the food for 3/7 days= C [+1 STA]

Track ALL the food for 2/7= D [+0.5 STA]

Track NONE of the food = F

giphy.gif

Quest 2:

Journal and meditate(or do mobility work) each night before bed. The hard part with this will be my desire to sleep overcoming my desire to journal/meditate/mobilize.  Requirements include

-       Journal must discuss one thing I learned that day

-       Journal must include how I felt as an AVERAGE that day (this will be a number from 0-10.  0=death, 10=lifted/kicked ass in ALL the things). Also, did I get super hungry? Did I feel like I didn’t have enough energy?  Did I feel AWESOME?

-       Meditation/mobility must be at least 5 minutes

Completed 5/7: A [+3 DEX]

Completed 4/7: B [+2 DEX]

Completed 3/7: C [+1 DEX]

Completed 2/7: D [+0.5 DEX]

Completed <2/7: F

Also, at the end of each week I will take the raw data from MFP and manually put it into excel. It is SO lame that you can’t just export into CSV. But details.  Data will include Calories, fat, carbs, protein, and my numbers from Quest 2.

giphy.gif

Quest 3:

Electronics OFF by 8:30 every night, in bed with lights off by 9:30.  One exception is allowed per week.  But the exception must still let me sleep for 8 hours from the time I turn lights off. (so basically it has to be a Friday or Saturday night)

Completed 7/7: A [+3 CHA]

Completed 6/7: B [+2 CHA]

Completed 5/7: C [+1 CHA]

Completed 4/7: D [+0.5 CHA]

Completed <4/7: F

giphy.gif

Quest 4:

Adulting: Do 5 minutes of something to clean apartment every day.  This can be done in the hour between 8:30 and 9:30.

Completed 5/7: A [+3 WIS]

Completed 4/7: B [+2 WIS]

Completed 3/7: C [+1 WIS]

Completed 2/7: D [+0.5 WIS]

Completed <2/7: F

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Quest 5:

I haven’t (typically) had issues with self image, but lately for some reason it’s becoming a problem.  Like, I know I went up a pants size because my quads are becoming more awesome, but…. the number on the scale kinda hurts.  Combined with the pants size thing.  So I’m stealing Alanna’s Love Your Body challenge from her last challenge.  Well I guess technically it’s Molly Galbraith’s challenge. Details. Will be doing this in a Google Doc.

Edit: Adding Little Green Dot's 'How to become a morning person' challenge.  It's the same # of days as the LYB challenge, so I'm just going to split the scoring of the points between then. [ALL THE POINTS!]

Completed 28/28: A [+3 STR]

Completed 21/28: B [+2 STR]

Completed 14/28: C [+1 STR]

Completed 7/28: D [+0.5 STR]

Completed 0/28: F

200.gif

Life Quests:

Improve deadlift (must… reach… wookie….)

Attend 4 Toastmaster’s sessions over the 7 weeks.  I always seem to want to wimp out, but I have fun and learn a lot while I’m there.  This is to keep me accountable. 

Work on Thesis for 15 hours a week. I have been slacking on this SO much. I want to get it over with, but not enough to actually… do it.

No scoring for these. But they do get a gif...

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Goal: Deadlift a (Female) Wookie (100 kg): 65.8%

So I’m stealing Alanna’s Love Your Body challenge from her last challenge.

Hope you enjoy the LYB challenge :).

There is not much help I can offer, except for a couple of introductions.  This Challenge season is very young, so their threads are not too long - only a few pages or so.  Here is Shaaraway, over in the Rangers.  Not only is she about your size, but has recently taken up StrongLifts and your numbers are very similar.  (I met her playing XCOM Accountibilibuddies here on NF.)  Also, have you read Starsapart?  She is over in the Assassins and likes to lift.  (I met her on Shaaraway's thread.)  I am also sure MM will show up (after the weekend) and chime in with her knowledge on the subject.

I would send you to their previous threads, but they are 20 or 30 pages.  :lol:

Toastmaster’s

Enjoy!  When I was in high school and university, I had some background in public speaking.  I was involved in a mock Parliament.  (Think of it like role-playing legislators.  Some of us would draft Bills and we would debate them.  The Bills were full of crazy, ridiculous fun.)

Now I am going to try to get back to sleep!

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

Also, at the end of each week I will take the raw data from MFP and manually put it into excel. It is SO lame that you can’t just export into CSV. But details.  Data will include Calories, fat, carbs, protein, and my numbers from Quest 2.

a kimmy schmidt-mindful eating-LYB-adulting-toastmaster challenge?!!!!!

tumblr_nkx3wbxGf91rli1a8o4_250.gif

and i'm so excited to tell you that you CAN export MFP data! I have used that tool before and it worked pretty great, it's been a year or so since I've done it, but i'm sure it still works!

• Like 1

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

Ohhhh snap, a kimmy schmidt challenge!  Yas!

tumblr_nlop0kXI591sf4ytyo1_540.gif

except that I am totally here. 

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt!

It's a Netflix original about a group of women who are freed from a cult - Kimmy in particular - and how she makes her way in the world.  It's sooooo ridiculous. I laughed my butt off. 

• Like 1

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost

Love the goals! You've got this.

tumblr_mm62shtSzx1qcga5ro1_500.gif

Hope you enjoy the LYB challenge :).

I'm liking it so far! All of day one..... :D 

There is not much help I can offer, except for a couple of introductions.  This Challenge season is very young, so their threads are not too long - only a few pages or so.  Here is Shaaraway, over in the Rangers.  Not only is she about your size, but has recently taken up StrongLifts and your numbers are very similar.  (I met her playing XCOM Accountibilibuddies here on NF.)  Also, have you read Starsapart?  She is over in the Assassins and likes to lift.  (I met her on Shaaraway's thread.)  I am also sure MM will show up (after the weekend) and chime in with her knowledge on the subject.

I would send you to their previous threads, but they are 20 or 30 pages.   :lol:

I might or might not have been stalking both Starsapart and Shaaraway for the last few challenges. Please don't tell lol!  They're both REALLY awesome.

Ohhhh snap, a kimmy schmidt challenge!  Yas!

tumblr_nlop0kXI591sf4ytyo1_540.gif

except that I am totally here. 

I can't see the gif :(  major sad face. I'm sure it's awesome though!

What show are the  gifs from?

Like Hermione said, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. It's a netflix original, so you can only watch it on netflix, but it's awesome.

It's a great show. I'm usually not too into comedy, but it had me laughing for quite a while. I'm ready for the next season already!

• Like 1

Also, did my first workout post-wrist flare up thing whatever.

My wrist hurts now. Boo.

giphy.gif

But not too bad, I think some icing will fix it.  Resting doesn't seem to help. When I first injured it, I took like a month off and babied it, and it didn't improve.  Then I went back to some light lifting and it actually got a lot better.  It wasn't hurting at all.... then I shoved hard on a heavy door and tweaked it.  Took a week off, now back to lifting. If the pattern repeats, lifting will do me more good than resting it longer.  We shall see.....

Squats: 5 @45, 5 @65, 5 @95, 3 @115, 5x5 @ 125 <-- didn't feel as solid as I'd like, but that always happens when I take time off.  I'll repeat this weight again Sunday.

OHP: 5 @55, 4x4 @55 <-- realized after this was supposed to be 50, not 55. Oh well, i think I did well considering.  Also forgot to warm up with the bar. 

DL: 4 @125, 1@125 <-- I think I could have eeked out 5 in a row, but I could feel my back starting to round, so I took a break between 4 and 5 [PR for reps!]

Stretching!

Quest 1:

Track everything in MFP.  No minimums, no maximums for now. I may readjust as needed. [i’m probably going to subconsciously try to keep with my fruit or veggie with every meal or one paleo meal per day thing. But I won’t be tracking it]

Track ALL the food = A [+3 STA]

Track > 90% of food = B [+2 STA]

Track > 75% of food = C [+1 STA]

Track > 50% of food = D [+0.5 STA]

Track < 50% of food = F

Quest 2:

Journal and meditate(or do mobility work) each night before bed. The hard part with this will be my desire to sleep overcoming my desire to journal/meditate/mobilize.  Requirements include

-       Journal must discuss one thing I learned that day

-       Journal must include how I felt as an AVERAGE that day (this will be a number from 0-10.  0=death, 10=lifted/kicked ass in ALL the things). Also, did I get super hungry? Did I feel like I didn’t have enough energy?  Did I feel AWESOME?

-       Meditation/mobility must be at least 5 minutes

Completed 7/7: A [+3 DEX]

Completed 6/7: B [+2 DEX]

Completed 5/7: C [+1 DEX]

Completed 4/7: D [+0.5 DEX]

Completed <4/7: F

I was going to chime in and agree about the lack of export being a pain and encourage you to keep up with it because I tried going back after months of using MFP and that's SOOOO tedious, but then CourtnieMarie swoops in with the answer!

and i'm so excited to tell you that you CAN export MFP data! I have used that tool before and it worked pretty great, it's been a year or so since I've done it, but i'm sure it still works!

Woohoo!

(and good luck with your challenge and stuff)

• Like 1

Level 32 Minifig Jedi Assassin

Current Challenge  | Battle Log | "Epic" Quest

Previous Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6789101111.51213141516171819, 2021222324, 25, 262728293031323334

"A man who wants to do something will find a way; a man who doesn't will find an excuse." -Stephan Dolley, Jr.

"You don't get stronger by skipping workouts." - me, to myself, about 3 times a week

Hi! Yes you are a warrior still! Don't leave plz.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

In for tracking and meditation.

Also need to check out this Kimmy Schmidt show. I've seen on Netflix it's popular but now that i know it's got nerd support, it must be seen.

• Like 1

Level 3, Rebel

Currtent Challenge
Previously known as: Curl Brogo, Darwins_Demon, Vincent Van Bro

2020 Respawn Battle Log || Tarly's Ten Level Nutrition Plan

My Fitness Pal Profile || NF Epic Quest Character Page || Instagram

Weight Loss Quest: Start 270 lbs., Goal 199 lbs., Current 270 lbs., Waist: ,45.0 in., Bodyfat%: 33%

@Miss_Marissa - I don't want to leave! Please don't kick me out! That's what I'm afraid of, though it looks like lots of other warriors (aka Catspaw and Spezzy) are taking mindfulness type challenges

@Curl Brogo - Thanks for reminding me to track :D

@brutalbears - Thanks! Your challenge looks pretty sweet too!

Yesterday's Workout:

Squats: 5 @45, 5 @65, 5 @95, 3 @115, 5x5 @125 <-- ready to move up! I'm so going to nail 5x5 @ 130 this time!

BP: 5 @45, 2 @70, 3x3 @70, 2 @70 <-- these were HARD.  Going to take me a while to get this

Row: 4/4/3/2/3 @60 <-- I hate rows. No other comments.

tl;dr

Highs: Squats felt great! Going to get over that 130 hump next workout, I can feel it!

Lows: My bench goes up very slowly. Also, rows are terrible.

Curious:  Any guesses what your wrist pain is associated with?

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

@Sam Ashen : The doctor's are not helpful anymore, but I'm pretty sure I got 'dorsal wrist impingement' when I carried something heavy in a foolish way.  It's a gymnastics injury of all things.

It was only hurting hyperextended backward and under torsional load (like pushing my fingertips backward).  I recently started getting pain hyperextended forward after I pushed a heavy door, which is why I took another break.  That pain is pretty much gone now. 

[starts self pity party]

However, I'm at the point where it doesn't hurt that bad, and I'm tired of not lifting, so I may end up pushing myself too hard and hurting it again.  I'm trying really hard to keep my mindset in the 'I need to get healthy so I can perform at my best'. But it's hard, because I didn't even hurt it lifting... And I just want it to stop.  I bought some voodoo floss and I'm going to try that, and the other wrist exercises in Supple Leopard.  I also tried going to my massage person, but she made it worse, or at least it felt worse.

[stops self pity party]

For bench, maybe try more warmup/ramp up sets. I know when I bench, even though I'm not loading much more than just the bar weight, I still do a few sets in between.

So lets say I'm doing sets of 5 at 75. I'll do (roughly):

45- 2 sets of 8

55- set of 5

65- set of 5

75- working sets

• Like 1

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

@miss_marissa: That's a good idea. I'm better about ramping up for squats, I'll have to start doing it with bench too. 

I really just need to keep reminding myself that benching the bar used to be REALLY hard. And now I can do 5x5 at with 10lb plates on each side! And I'm working on 70lbs :)

• Like 2

Hi! Interesting and diverse challenge :)

Will you be sharing any of the things you learned from your journal? Always love those type of things, Nymeria and Raptron both did something similar.

I googled 'dorsal wrist impingement'.. sucks. But (for what it's worth) I think keeping on moving is the right thing to do. Hope it goes away and doesn't come back soon!

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: It's all future KB Girl's problem

my instagram - my gym's instagram

@KB Girl - I am thinking at the end of each week, I'll pull one or two things I learned from the journal and put them in my weekly update post!  That's a great idea, I hadn't thought of it. Thanks!

Yep with the wrist.  I feel very whiny, so now I'm not allowed to talk about it unless something changes.

• Like 2

Sorry about the wrist! What a stinker!  I was going to suggest the voodoo floss.  I hope it helps!  Do you have any wrist supports?  I wonder if wearing some type of compression/movable support would help the post lift pain?  

A happier note: SQUATS!!! Killin' it! 

• Like 1

I'm thinking something along the lines of this or this or maybe this.  

The first two are more geared toward athletes, it seems, but depending on where the pain/discomfort is the third option might be better? I'd use your knowledge of your pain/discomfort patterns and take a look at a couple of these - see which is best suited for ya.  My thinking is maybe utilizing compression and the blood flow stimulation compression offers, with some support might minimize whatever it is that happens during the lift that gives you discomfort after the lift - if that makes sense.  

• Like 1