The Expectations of Terinatum

Terinatum

W3 D4 - Thursday

So, pain... it is a hungry master.

3 injections in the neck today... whoa, not terribly fun. They went in so far, I was scared that they might hit the vertebrae. Luckily they have an X-Ray master tech to take shots of my neck so they can see where they're at. They used 22 gauge needles and when they got to the sheath that protects the spinal bones, they poked right through it. Just enough to get through it, but not hit the bone. It felt like putting a tack into a brand new cork board with that little snap when it goes through. The last needle hit something, and my body got this intense spasm. I felt it down to my legs. The pain didn't travel anywhere so that was good, but I definitely got a scare. They were all very good to me. They even checked my pain that flared up from the car ride (I didn't drive). They found that I have psoas tendinitis on my left side. Really?! More shite, more pain, more sub par muscles and alignments? I'm dying here! Okay, I'm not. I'm actually doing fairly well with it. I had some sugar urges, but nothing happened. Yay for pain. I had more pain in my back, hip, and leg that sugar was hardly gonna help me.

Goals

Water:: 10 cups

Steps:: 2,542 5 floors 0 active minutes

Meals planned:: 2 planned, 1 done (breakfast)

Sugar Junk Food:: None!!

Guitar practice:: nope

Tracking:: yuppers!

To-Do - Thursday

• get injection at VA -- done
  • make chicken wraps for breakfast (meat, cheddar, mix greens, and balsamic vinaigrette in a whole grain tortilla ) - easy and quick -- done
  • make ham and cheese wrap for lunch - difficult to get started, but not long -- nope
  • cook pork loin roast for dinner/bulk for rest of week (meat, green beans, carrots, shallot, and curry with beets) - hard to get going, long, afraid I'll screw it up, but then fine -- didn't get it done
  • pay parking ticket -- done
  • visit friend/sister-in-law in the evening -- postponed by both of us.

W3 D5 - Friday

~~~~

Nice calm day. I was late to my appointment, but other than that, it was fine. I'm working on being thankful for being where I need to be right now. Where you ask?

Small steps, minute modifications, and better calories.

• Small Steps just means I have to take it easy on my walks, with and without dogs.
  • Minute Modifications is my approach to mobility and PT so I don't push too hard trying to hurry up and get better so I can run.
  • Better calories is all about getting nutrient richer foods in my system, much more regularly. It will be the key ingredient in losing more weight.

Goals:

Water:: 6 cups so far today

Steps:: 5,226 11 floors 13 active minutes

Meals planned:: 0 planned, but I did cook the pork loin!!! And it came out nice - curry rubbed the hell out of it. hehehe

Sugar Junk:: nope, not at all.

Guitars:: no ... this isn't good, gotta change this

Tracking:: all set

To-Do Friday

• pick up my permanent retainer -- done
  • talk to orthodontic office about a charge that seems wrong -- done
  • go to hospital to work out billing issues -- done
  • visit with my boy in the evening! WOOT -- doing it now

22nd level Wanderer

better is right here, right now

The Way

Here's to all the 1% increases in life!

yay all the winning

lol Thanks. It is strange to be winning and losing at the same time. I think I'm handling it alright so far... We'll see.

Busy! Busy!

You sound really chipper. Love it!

I am kinda. It feels weird, but I don't want to be harsh and judgey with myself.

you are doing awesome with your no sugar policy!!! keep rocking!!!

will shoot u a pm as soon as possible...

hugs :onthego:

I Know, right? Strange to be doing well with no sugar, while I fumble around trying to deal with the physical pains.

Chat whenever you want. No pressure from this side of the pond.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

Hey girl, I hope you are on the upward path now, it seems so from your posts.

Best wishes from London lol.

• Like 2

It's never to late to be the person you always wanted to be.

The voice in your head telling you that you can't do it is a damn liar.

Endorphins, the best high you can have.

W3 D6 - Saturday

Water:: 9 cups

Steps:: 6,724

Meals planned:: 1 breakfast with a friend

Sugar Junk Food:: None!

Guitar practice:: None

Tracking:: Yup

Saturday was decent enough. I had breakfast with a friend. We went to Coffee Corner and I had my usual. Nice food, good company. We drove out to a sewing shop so she could grab a few things and then we went our separate ways for the day. I went back to my place and packed and hung out with my boy some more. Then I took off for my gig a few towns over.

I took the two dogs on a hike around 3pm and paid for it dearly. Their hike is a real hike. Up the side of a ridge and along it and then back. I did pace myself and stopped a few times and even kept it shorter than usual. So it was a decent compromise considering. That night I couldn't sleep for the pain and my left knee and my calf were really twitchy. Took a med and got to sleep sometime after 3 am.

W3 D7 - Sunday

Water:: don't remember exactly as I forgot to track! Boo! I lost my streak on MFP! Damn it. It was certainly plenty.

Steps:: 10,101

Meals Planned:: 0 food is weird right now. The heat and the pain are probably the Curtis, not sure though.

Sugar junk food:: None!

Tracking:: No!

Sunday was hard. 2 dog walks and all I could do was sleep in between. Very tired, very frustrated with the pain and starting to wonder how long this was going to take to get better. My spine that is. So, questions started coming in earnest.

How long can you go on with this pain and take care of dogs? All you're doing now is making the pain worse and spending all your energy on the dogs and none on you.

Who do you know that can take over your dog clients? Does it have to be all the dog clients that go? Are there any dogs you can do without exacerbation the pain?

What will you do for finances? Where will needed money come from? What can you get rid of in your monthly budget? How much savings is there after CampNF and taxes?

Can you get the VA to approve PT care in my town vs going to the VA? What would you have to do to get that ball rolling?

What mobility is good right now? What PT exercises are doable right now? When are you going to do them?

W4 D 1 - Monday

Water:: 9 cups

Steps:: 11,577

Meals planned:: 0

Tracking:: Yes

The questions still float around my head. The only certain thing at this point is canceling 2 gigs later this year that have 2 dogs, a cat, chickens, and really tough winter terrain.

I need to go through my client list and mark off clients whose gigs are too taxing on my body.

K & K, C & R, C & S, C & J, R & P, K & T, etc...

I wrote up a list of things that have happened in the last 2 years that has led me to where I am now, physically speaking. The injury list is pretty scary to look at all at once. I will need to put running on the sideline for an indeterminate amount of time. Cycling won't work until more spinal support is in place, including keeping the pelvic support area free of pain and nerve irritation. Swimming I can do and I want to get VA approval for using it as my PT regimen. Need to buy a smaller bathing suit! Yay!!

Good nite, my Rebels!

• Like 1

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

Sucks to turn down jobs but definitely need to balance what is good for you physically vs financially.  Do you have easy access to a pool, just hanging out in one can be relaxing even if you are trying to do PT specific things.

• Like 1

Level 26, Primal Ultra Trail Scout, Non-Binary Robot

Sucks to turn down jobs but definitely need to balance what is good for you physically vs financially. Do you have easy access to a pool, just hanging out in one can be relaxing even if you are trying to do PT specific things.

Too true

That's my next goal: aquatic therapy. I want to try to get it here so I don't travel and mess with what good came of PT. We'll see.

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

Sounds like a plan! Hope you can make it work.

• Like 1

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

W4 D3 -- Thursday

Pain - obviously

Muscle relaxant -- finally

Lost dog -- only 30 mins, but still it was nasty hot today

Told a few clients that I can't work with their dogs -- sad, but it feels good to be putting me first.

Water -- I think I'm on cup number 11

Steps -- 10,954 looking for the dog helped! lol

Meals -- 2 planned, 2 eaten as planned. There's a first time for everything in this challenge!

Guitar -- none, but I did some chord memorizing work and played on my mini piano app!

Tracking -- got a little behind, but caught up this evening.

To do tomorrow

Write basic email to my clients and then send out the ones that haven't been done yet.

Call VA re: getting in earlier with primary to get fee-basis aquatic therapy. And then move to land therapy, but still here. Then when I can travel without pain, I can finish up PT or whatever down there.

Relax

Research OA foods and make a list of foods I want to be eating regularly.

Do mobility

Do PT exercises that I can do without pain. I am certain there are a few.

Take it easy walking with the dogs.

Clean kitchen

Nap as needed.

I want to apologize for not being very active as a Guild Leader this challenge. I am lucky to be in great company so I know you've been in good hands. I will ramp back up as soon as is feasible.

Cheers and Love,

Teri

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

Just skimmed your thread. Sorry I have been absent here. You are one of my dearest friends and I have left you hanging. I will go through entire thread tomorrow and put all my snarky comments in one post for you!

Did I see days in a row with no sugar? That is huge for you!

• Like 1

Level 36 Ranger Sorcerer 

Current challenge 

Just skimmed your thread. Sorry I have been absent here. You are one of my dearest friends and I have left you hanging. I will go through entire thread tomorrow and put all my snarky comments in one post for you!

Did I see days in a row with no sugar? That is huge for you!

Yeah,, I dumped sugar on its ass last week or the Saturday before that. I had a chocolate bar yesterday that was heavenly (Swiss chocolate). And although I became a litter bug, I didn't finish it all and threw it out the window of my car just to make sure I could!

Waiting patiently for snarkiness of T2. Always worth the wait.

• Like 1

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

Not sure how I feel about your littering... maybe throw half of it away at the store before you get in the car?

Good idea. It's just the thought didn't come to me until I was getting on the interstate. But now that I know I can do it. I'll put a trash bag in the car!
  • Like 1

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

W4 !! D4 - Thursday

Generally in a good mood. I would say despite the pain, but I am kinda done giving pain more attention than it already has in my life. It's gonna be there for while so instead of moaning and bitching about it, I'm going to focus on what makes my days non-zero days!

Water - good

Steps - forgot my Fitbit today but it's likely similar to yesterday, plus a half mile tor so.

Meals - 1 planned, 3 eaten well! I had a chocolate bar (Milka Swiss Chocolate - OMG good) and 1 dark chocolate coconut cluster. I cooked ham and cheese and put it in a thin wrap with tomatoes, cukes, cheddar cheese, and mustard. Not bad!

Guitars - no

Tracking - yes

Need to write primary care doc tomorrow, no excuses!

Grooming day for animals.

I'm tuckered, see you tomorrow!

Cheers

• Like 1

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

W4 D5

I saw my best soul mate friend this afternoon. He lives in Pittsburg (but they are moving back to VT!). We sat and talked and then went wading in the reservoir watching folks swim and waterski (with a rubber blow up thing). I tend to forget how much I miss him. I think, like my brother, if I thought about it normally, I would be sad too often.

Goals:

Water - pretty good, a bit behind the last few days.

Steps: - I think my fb died sometime around noon. Oh, I just checked, not yet. 7,991 steps

Meals planned - none planned ahead, but lunch was fun and good for me! Raw snap peas!

Sugar - yeah Boo. 2 3 musketeers (separated by an hour or so), rolls, and 1 tiny hogan das chocolate ice cream. Basically it was dinner. Probably because Dan and I were together and then he had to leave... Not entirely sure, but likely.

Guitar - no

Tracking - yuppers

What to find a cool, badass name for doing PT exercises for my back, core, and flutes. I can't say I'm trail running, but something cool like that to explain what I am doing. Ideas? Suggestions?

• Like 2

22nd level Wanderer

The Way

Why as soon as I start following your thread you start having candy? Do I dare ask where your flute muscles.are?

Hey, it's not you honest!! lol

My flute muscles? Guitar, you mean? Or am I missing a message here? It's early so probably the latter! If it is my guitar, I have been beyond lax. I want to build my routine back up when I get home tonight! Evening practice is so cool. I might even go out in the parking lot like I did awhile back. Acoustic of course! lol

Candy is such a weird fixture in my life. I jump back and forth between none and once a week, to occasionally (this one never works). I want to be able to do once a week, but with really good chocolate, not 3 musketeers.

I had a very common conversation with my (it wants to be called a lizard brain, so there you have it) lizard sugar brain yesterday, before I bought candy. I went from 1 3 musketeers, to that and 1 twizzlers, to both and ice cream! All this while talking to that part and saying I was in charge and I could just drive by if I wanted to. I got to the turn and I honestly thought I had made the decision to get something. It's pure insanity. I know we can have more than one strong emotion or voice in our mind at the same time, but this takes the cake, the ice cream, the ho-ho's, just everything. I'm not pissed at myself which is a huge boost for me!

I really want to enjoy chocolate now and then. And the funny thing is, a decade ago, I did a no carb diet and lost 40 pounds. I had one dessert each week. I felt great. I can't remember how long I did it, but it was certainly more than a month. I feel back to carbs when I started stage managing a musical and my food packing skills are crap so I started getting subs at the deli next door. Little fuckers are way to close to rehearsal space, wth! It should be out-lawed! lol

Anywho. You are more of an inspiration than anything. I am, oh hey! I'm revving myself up to do some stock cooking next week as I won't be working and I'll be at home. Wanna help? I want to do a stew (fairly dry one) in my crock pot. It's 6 qt one so it's great for a week for me. I figured, if I like the vegan stew I buy at the co-op, I can figure out my own spice formula and veggie combination. I am definitely getting my kitchen love back. I have had an app for awhile now (Whole Pantry for iPhone) and I went through it last night and favorited several I wanted to try.

On a side note, okay second or third side note, I think I have decided to become a guidance counselor for kids. My dream is to start a new school, based on military and independent study and pedagogy. That should be easy, right!?! Basically, find each child's main ability to learn, have them use that and then bring in similar ways and expand their ability to learn. All while being respectful of the community and being a part of it, to being individually using their passions to create their dreams. Okay, so I'm ready!

Okay, wow. I have been on my own too long this time. Seeing Dan yesterday was so wonderful, I miss him and that type of connection. Basically we were separated when our souls broke free of the stars and came to this place and time. "I told him that my soul always feels better when he's near me. Ah mushy mushy.

Will I stop writing? Probably not anytime soon. So you can all go on your merry way and I'll just chat in the meandering way that I do and all will be well.

Ah? *silence in the brain consumes me* Damn it! I was so excited to write! Hum? *time passes* Nope. Okay then, off I go. Hope you all have a great weekend and I will be cruising threads in the next few days to psyche us up.

Cheers!

• Like 3

22nd level Wanderer

The Way