• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hazard

Hazard's Journal/Diary-thing

092800a.gif

Dear Nerd Fitness,

I've gotten out of the habit of making daily 6-Week Challenge (6WC) updates.  For several challenges - most of 2015 really - I haven't updated as regularly as I'd like to.  I learned almost from my beginning on NF, from my own challenges and from reading pretty much everyone else's challenges, that people who update daily (or at least, almost daily) have a greater rate of success in achieving their goals.   I used to be really, really good and consistent with it.  It's past time I rebuild that habit.

One of the reasons I think I've gotten out of the habit is that with my current job I'm not around a computer all the time anymore like I used to be.  And I bought a tablet a while back and have been using it more and more instead of my desktop.  Sometimes a full week might go by without me turning the desktop on.  My tablet doesn't have easy ways for me to post gifs and change font colors, and make bold text, etc.  I have to type in all the coding manually on the tablet to do that stuff.  And typing on a tablet is slow enough that I don't want to bother typing in all the coding too.  My posts and responses also tend to be much much shorter when typing on the tablet for that same reason - takes too long to type.

This challenge, I'm saying screw it.  Screw the gifs.  Screw the colors.  Unless I happen to be on my desktop like I am now.

post-34672-fuck-it-all-fuck-it-all-gif-E   <--- I don't care if she's a cartoon; this is pretty hot.

If I happen to be at my desktop and feel like posting gifs and making pretty colors, I'll do it.  But I'm guessing most of my updates will be from my tablet.  The portability of that thing is just too darn convenient to pass up.  And this way, I can feel the freedom to post any update I want, at any time, from any device, without feeling any pressure to turn my updates into a visual feast.

That's my habit to (re)build for this 6WC.

Also, please don't hesitate to jump in and reply to anything I type.  If I wanted to keep my thoughts private, I'd never type them online in the first place. :tongue:  If you read something on my 6WC and want to chat about, go right ahead and reply. 

Also also, I do like gifs.  And I can see them from my tablet.  So don't let any lack of gifs in my updates from my tablet stop you from posting gifs in my 6WC.  Gif it to me baby, uh-huh, uh-huh uh-huh

Also x 3 -  My lovely readers, if you see a full 24 hours go by without me posting any "Dear Nerd Fitness" updates in here, give me a virtual smack please and tell me to post an update.  I'm recruiting all of you to be my accountabilibuddies.

--

• Like 6

I can't promise to be here everyday for.. reasons, but I'm happy to see you again! (even if technically, I was the one who disappeared.. oops)

• Like 1

Also also, I do like gifs.  And I can see them from my tablet.  So don't let any lack of gifs in my updates from my tablet stop you from posting gifs in my 6WC.  Gif it to me baby, uh-huh, uh-huh uh-huh

tumblr_mi693kKDPq1qadcwao1_400.gif

anigif_enhanced-buzz-13397-1370010536-30

thenug-LqZLpHvRus.gif

tumblr_nnhd4zQPLE1upwzm1o1_250.gif

tumblr_inline_n4st5beTrW1s123qb.gif

• Like 3

I had to come to terms early on with the sparkly assassin's guild that I'm just kind of remedial at gifs, even if I had the time to look them up and post them on threads. just not something I'm good at. so instead I try and compensate with BOUNDLESS ENTHUSIASM. so! don't let those gifs and fonts stand in your way. everyone has been super kind to me and I don't have any gifs! <3

• Like 6

I've never posted gifs, but I'm going to try just for you.

Nm....  it's not working so well. I'll figure it out later.

Just imagine more cute animals.

• Like 2

I can't promise to be here everyday for.. reasons, but I'm happy to see you again! (even if technically, I was the one who disappeared.. oops)

Hello again!

-

Re: gif peoples

I thank you for the gift of gif. I will cherish them, and hug them, and love them, and call them George.

-

• Like 4

Subbed.  So I can peak in your diary. 

giphy.gif

Dear diary,

I think someone is peeking over my shoulder. What should I do?

-

I had to come to terms early on with the sparkly assassin's guild that I'm just kind of remedial at gifs, even if I had the time to look them up and post them on threads. just not something I'm good at. so instead I try and compensate with BOUNDLESS ENTHUSIASM. so! don't let those gifs and fonts stand in your way. everyone has been super kind to me and I don't have any gifs! <3

CONSTANT VIGI.... er..... BOUNDLESS ENTHUSIASM!! And sparkles. Karinajean is all about them sparkles.

I should have Sorted you into House Sparklypoo. (+10 points to anybody who knows that reference.)

-

• Like 1

I've never posted gifs, but I'm going to try just for you.

Nm....  it's not working so well. I'll figure it out later.

Just imagine more cute animals.

I'm imagining monkeys. Lots of monkeys. I like monkeys.

-

tumblr_ljdjjb4YP61qbdxyp.gif

I'm imagining monkeys. Lots of monkeys. I like monkeys.

RIVERDANCEMONKEES.gif

• Like 1

Dear Nerd Fitness,

While at work today I spotted a DVD copy of a movie called The Imitation Game. So I nabbed it and checked it out to watch this afternoon. It's pretty good. It stars Benedict Cumberbatch (aka. Sherlock Holmes) playing as Alan Turing - the dude who broke the Nazi radio codes by creating, essentially, a computer during WW2 to automate the code-breaking process.

In other news, i don't know if I've mentioned it before, but I read a lot. I almost have to read at bedtime every night to fall asleep. This year I discovered that there actually is such a thing as well-written fan fiction! I gave Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality a try. It's looooooong! But it's also really, really good! Defintely worrth a read.

Having finished that one, on the author's recommendation, I'm giving another person's fan fic a try now. I just started reading Luminosity by 'alicorn'. It's a re-imagining of Twilight in which Bella isn't a completely ditzy Mary-Sue. I'm only up to chapter 4, but it's decent so far.

If anybody knows of any other well-written fan fiction stories worth reading, please tell me and I'll make myself a list.

Laslty, an update on my illness. After 13 days of being sick, my cough has finally mostly stopped. Which is like "Hallelujah!" The couging kept scratching my throat, which in turn made it hurt to swallow. Now that the cought is appparently gone, hopefully my throat will heal and I'll get back to full health.

Though i did twist my ankle when I fell while walking the dog yesterday, and it's a bit tender today. *grump grump grump*. Which puts my restart of weightlfting plans on the hold a little longer. For anything that requires my ankle anyway. I guess i could still get my re-booted Bench Press numbers. Hmm. Actually, i could go do that right now. *poof*

--

Dear diary,

I think someone is peeking over my shoulder. What should I do?

-

Dear Hazard,

I recommend a three-tiered approach:

1.  Put all of your fitness secrets in the diary - with detail.

B.  Make sure to note your ATM code and bank account number, you know, just in case.

iii.  Use large print. 

Sincerely,

Your Diary

ETA: Glad you are on the mend, sorry that your ankle is twinge-y, and to anyone reading, I was totally joking about the ATM thing.  Really. 

• Like 4

Dear Hazard,

I recommend a three-tiered approach:

1.  Put all of your fitness secrets in the diary - with detail.

B.  Make sure to note your ATM code and bank account number, you know, just in case.

iii.  Use large print. 

Sincerely,

Your Diary

ETA: Glad you are on the mend, sorry that your ankle is twinge-y, and to anyone reading, I was totally joking about the ATM thing.  Really.

Estimated Time of Arrival?

--

• Like 2

Dear Hazard,

Welcome back to daily loggings! I'll also be getting back into that this challenge, so I'll make sure to pop in and check you're doing it every day!

Sorry to hear that you've been I'll. and that you fell. Sad face. :( but you'll be better soooon :D

Also, ETA stands for Edited To Add :)

• Like 1

Dude I totally feel you on the tablet/phone update difficulties thing. The one thing tapatalk is better for is posting pictures direct from your camera - very handy.

Otherwise, yes, gif-lessness is a sad state indeed

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Dear Hazard,

I am envious.

Cordially,

starsapart

Thank you for the implied compliment! I benched less than I would like, but more than I expected, after such a long time off from it.

-

• Like 1

Dear Hazard,

Welcome back to daily loggings! I'll also be getting back into that this challenge, so I'll make sure to pop in and check you're doing it every day!

Sorry to hear that you've been I'll. and that you fell. Sad face. :( but you'll be better soooon :D

Also, ETA stands for Edited To Add :)

Edited to Add. Gotcha, thanks! I didn't know that one. ETA has always meant estimated time of arrival to me. Anyway. So very glad to see you returning again, my horse loving friend!

-

Dude I totally feel you on the tablet/phone update difficulties thing. The one thing tapatalk is better for is posting pictures direct from your camera - very handy.

Otherwise, yes, gif-lessness is a sad state indeed

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Ugh. I can't stand all that tapatalk signature spam. I'd rather be gif-less forever than to use tapatalk and add more of their spam to the world.

-

• Like 1