Seeker81 starts his quest

Seeker81

My name is Seeker. My main quest is to become faster, stronger, smarter and more efficient in my workouts.  I will do this by using the following;

Str.  Body weight training; 7.5 minute Ladders as described in You Are Your Own Gym.

Dex.Continue training at my local gym a place called 9 Rounds

Con.Walk a minimum of two blocks a day

Int.   Fix breakfast, lunch and dinner for five days out of the week limit eating out to two days a week for any meal 

Side quest:

Wis. Continue studying for my Net+, Security+ Certifications

6 week challenge

1%
1%

Weight goal 260 Current weight 265

50%
50%

9 rounds sounds very interesting.

You might notice that someone has added a tag to your post.  This is not to box you into a corner but rather because your goals or lifestyle have links to the guild you've been tagged and we'd like to bring you to the attention of one of their guild ambassadors. These ambassadors will be able to offer you advice, encouragement and support on your goals.  You don't even have to wait around for them to come introduce themselves to you, you are more than welcome to pop into the Monks' board and introduce yourself to the guildies there. I am also around to answer any questions that you might have so do not hesitate to PM me.

Good Luck with your challenge

AB xx

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

Love YAYOG 9 Rounds was more a matter of the wife signed herself up for a year, about three months later we found out she was preggers. With her history of miss miscarriage her doc did not want her to continue there, so I spoke with the owner and they switched her account to my name. It has been...interesting. I am going to take a picture of the workout at each station each day so I can track and see if I am improving, strangely enough the coaches didn't seem to understand my obsession with wanting to know if I was improving on my technique/ number of hits etc lol. 

6 week challenge

1%
1%

50%
50%

I use YAYOG! It's cool. I'm not in shape to actually do his program HIIT and all the other stuff, but looks great! I learned a lot from his book and designed my own bodyweight workout. I'm just working on basic strength and mobility. But I may be able to do circuits and so forth later on. Good luck!

Sounds like a neat gym!  What kind of exercises are at each of the stations?  Wanting to track your progress is completely sensible. 

YAYOG is a very cool program as well.  Have you been working on it long?

We do indeed hope you are interested in joining us.  The oft-mentioned Courtyard is here.  It's our main chat thread.

Behave yourself, badly if necessary.

Current Challenge

Judo - Shodan

My Character

Each station is different, could be all mountain climbers one day and all jumping jacks the next. They have heavy bags for punching and kicking which is fun, kettle bells and dumb bells, speed bags and such. Over all not a bad place. 

• Like 1

6 week challenge

1%
1%

50%
50%

Just wanted to stop in and introduce you to the Assassin Guild.  Your body weight goal and dexterity goal both got my attention.  Here is a little info about us:

The Assassin Guild Info & Announcements
The Assassins' Den guild chat thread
The Level 1 Assassin Initiates Q&A/Chat thread

Since you are also working on cooking your own meals (GREAT goal by the way!) you may also be interested in this thread:

The Assassins' Scullery food chat

Feel free to stop by the Den and say hello or ask questions.  There are a lot of great people at NF that are more than willing to offer help and support :) Now.... On to the Challenge!!!

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

"Nothing is true; everything is permitted"

So day one is in the books, and I already hit a snag I didn't count on. My wife, whom I love dearly and is very preggers, stopped me from getting my evening workout with just two words...come home....*sigh* so I did. Not sure how I am going to work around that....*shrugs*

Day one result: Completed one ladder of pushups and started a second up to 5

Completed 4 dips going up and 3 down (ladders)

Zero let me ups

Zero let me ins

Zero Cardio kickboxing. 

Walked around the office building where I work in 5 min 49 seconds

• Like 1

6 week challenge

1%
1%

50%
50%

Day two results, better than day one. Completed both day 2 week 1 of YAYOG and all 9 rounds of cardio kickboxing. Working on developing a spread sheet to track my progress at 9 rounds since they do not have anything for that as of yet.  When I asked the trainer how do I know I am improving he said because your endurance will improve. To me that is not acceptable, I need to see the data and be able to plot my progress..wow I sound like a geek there lol oh well. 

• Like 1

6 week challenge

1%
1%

50%
50%

Day three: 

Completed walk around office building, 5:49

Completed Nine rounds: Jump Rope-3 min continues 

Burpees 20 --3 min

Squat Jumps  12--3 min

20 Plank Punch 2 push ups 4 sets 3--min

20 uppercuts from knees 5 reverse crunch 7 sets 3 min

Jab Round Kick Cross Round kick  12 sets 3 min

1 burpee 20 knees 6 sets 3 min 

Speed bag 20 hits 20 calf raise 2 sets 3 min 

3 point v ups w 15 lb dumb bell 15 sets 3 min 

• Like 2

6 week challenge

1%
1%

50%
50%

We had two catered events at work this past week so it made it difficult to know the calories of each for example one day was a BBQ joint with chicken pulled pork mac and cheese, collard greens, baked beans and potato salad. I had a very little of the mac and cheese on my plate to begin with but after the first bite it was just wow.....is the only way I can think to describe it. Same for the rest of the food. lol the other was less grand just burgers and potato salad chips etc normal stuff. I didn't lose any weight this week but I didn't gain any either so I guess that makes it a wash. 

• Like 1

6 week challenge

1%
1%

50%
50%

The weather has been nice here as well, just had other obligations, but was able to get some workouts in.  Is there a way to post excel sheets here? I log my workouts in them to track my progress as well as my food.

8-3-2015: All sets and reps are 3 min 

burpee 25

strait jab 20 reps 16 sets

cross 10 reps 6 sets 

hook 12 reps 6 sets

double round kick 10 reps 6 sets

squat and hold w/strait punch 20 reps 6 sets

hammer curls 20 reps 6 sets

hammer punch to ground bag 10 3 min

bridge punch 10 reps 6 sets

jump kick 16 reps 4 sets

8-6-2015: All sets and reps are 3 min

strait jab 10 reps 6 sets

hooks 20 reps 7 sets

strait kick 6 reps 6 sets

knees 10 reps 4 sets

shin kicks 20 reps 4 sets

squat kicks w/ dumb bell 6 reps 6 sets

speed bag 132 consecutive hits 

jump rope 25 jumps 

Russian twist w/ med ball 10 reps 1 set 

jab/cross combo on floor to ceiling ball 16 consecutive hits 

6 week challenge

1%
1%

50%
50%

Great job with the workouts. Obviously progress would be ideal, but lack of movement is better than movement in the wrong direction.  I totally would have piled my plate with mac and cheese too... and chips. Chips are my weakness.

Lady Feowyn Miread of Eldavar

You have no idea what you're capable of, you didn't create you.

Megathirio Discord- https://discord.gg/kr2YCJM