Love the Muppets themed challenge!  You WILL make a qualifying total =)

I'll start the Burpee Challenge again before I try a Morning Challenge.  Ugh.  One thing I have never been able to figure out in working life is - What is so sacred about 8:00am that everybody all the office people have to be there at 8:00am?  (My theory is conditioning that goes all the way through school years.)  I think the next generation will bring in more flexible hours.

Some companies (like mine and a lot of other tech companies in the Phoenix area) are pretty flexible for work hours of engineering staff...to a point.  We have so called "core hours" from 9-2 where you are expected to be at work and can adjust your working hours around that.  I am at work by 630am and pretty much out the door between 3-330.

• Like 1

nice job giving away that ice cream! tapatalk is an app for multiple forums (nerdfitness forums being one of them). i only use it for nerdfitness as i'm not really part of any other forums. it's a nice way to keep up with everyone's threads when you're away from your computer, but i still prefer updating by laptop or computer!

• Like 2

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

Along with an everyday lax dress code (in shorts, tshirt and vans right now) there is also a very relaxed schedule. I get in generally when I want and if its the end of the day and I'm not really being productive, I can just leave when I want. Though lately I've been getting in at 9 (instead of 9:30..10...10:15...ish) and actually leaving around 5:15/5:30 (instead of 4:30/5) and I questioned how anybody actually makes it thru a regular 8:30-5/9-5:30 job.

One of the biggest issues with the old lady the last 6 years has been the fact that I'm a morning person (usually up at 5:30) and she's...not...at all. We have probably missed a few days of time hanging out if you add up all the hours that I'm awake in the morning and she's sleep & the hours she's awake at night and I'm passed the fuck out.

P.S. What is tapatalk? Is that something I should get on my fancy new smartphone?

Crack for forum addicts.  it's also why you see "subbed" on threads at the beginning of the challenges.  You don't have to subscribe or follow threads with the web application.  If you have participated in a thread, Tapatalk brings you the updates automatically into a news feed like reader.

• Like 1

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

Day 1 and you guys are already off on a tangent.

Oh yea you have a smartphone now! Yea, j suggest getting Tapatalk, I fought it for some reason when I first got on the forums, makes it a lot easier to navigate. Found a lifting app yet?

And I never bail...oh wait, there's gonna be a 10 day cut? Unmm...well...I mean...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

You would never bail on a cut... ever.....

I'm jealous of your success. On the first 'become a morning person' day, I slept though my alarm, woke up, reset it for an hour later, then finally got up and went to work. *sigh*

I'll start the Burpee Challenge again before I try a Morning Challenge.  Ugh.  One thing I have never been able to figure out in working life is - What is so sacred about 8:00am that everybody all the office people have to be there at 8:00am?  (My theory is conditioning that goes all the way through school years.)  I think the next generation will bring in more flexible hours.

Mondays are usually easy because I usually take a nap on Sunday so I am refreshed on Mondays. By Thursday it gets difficult.

8:00 would be a late start for me :'( I come in at 7 and I am usually the last one in. We also work 10 hour days though, so if I came in any later I would be here til God knows what time of night.

Love the Muppets themed challenge!  You WILL make a qualifying total =)

Some companies (like mine and a lot of other tech companies in the Phoenix area) are pretty flexible for work hours of engineering staff...to a point.  We have so called "core hours" from 9-2 where you are expected to be at work and can adjust your working hours around that.  I am at work by 630am and pretty much out the door between 3-330.

Thanks! :D

That policy sounds familiar...... Honeywell? ;) Yea my company is not very flexible at all. Must show up between 6 and 7 am with specified break times and lunch time. Stone age.

Crack for forum addicts.  it's also why you see "subbed" on threads at the beginning of the challenges.  You don't have to subscribe or follow threads with the web application.  If you have participated in a thread, Tapatalk brings you the updates automatically into a news feed like reader.

I could see that being useful. I just really want something where I can see gifs and videos when I'm at work...

• Like 1

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

You would never bail on a cut... ever.....

I could see that being useful. I just really want something where I can see gifs and videos when I'm at work...

We work fast.

Literal lol...you dick.

And, yea, that's what I also use it for. Sometimes my work laptop doesn't like gifs, pics or YouTube. So when I realize that something is missign from a post, I switch to my phone and see it there.

• Like 1

Thanks! :D

That policy sounds familiar...... Honeywell? ;) Yea my company is not very flexible at all. Must show up between 6 and 7 am with specified break times and lunch time. Stone age.

It may be day 1, but its page 2 of your thread so tangents and hijackings are fair game  :playful:

• Like 2

Generally I only "sub" my own threads so that I get a notification (like a text message) when somebody posts on it and I really don't want my phone going crazy because I "subbed" everybody's forum.  I suppose if I were less lazy, I would just fix my settings.  Right now, I am okay with how it works for now.

Tapatalk helped me keep in touch while I was out on vacation.

• Like 2

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

It's essentially 3 shakes/day. With dinner being low carb: veggies + chicken + small serving of starchy veggies (sweet potato, beans, squash, etc)

No wheat, sugar or alcohol.

Do you guys want me to post my workouts? I was planning on posting in Battle Log, but can x-post here in spoiler tag if you all are interested.

Quest #1: Stop eating like an asshole

Meal prepped yesterday and stuck to the plan today. Gave away my free ice cream so that is good. High carb day. Still gonna have a piece of chocolate :) 

P/F/C - 180/54/322

Day 1 Grade: A+

Quest #2: Loose and limber

Did short mobility after workout. Focused on t-spine and booty. Gonna lay in bed with some steamed towels on my feet because for some reason they are KILLING ME right now. 

1/1 days

Quest #3: Get a routine

So I read today's lesson and here are my action steps:

Choose one action that would give me the most happiness in my morning. For me I think this would be eating breakfast, however, I already do this every morning, and I think I need a new habit. So I think that doing 5 minutes of stretching will bring my joy. 

Complete the statement "I am becoming a Morning Person so I can ______"

• Cure my chronic lateness
  • Have time to put on makeup in the morning and make myself presentable

1/12 days

Quest #4: Ditch the caffeine

Had 2 cups of tea today.

Life Quest Quest #4: Be an adult.

Cleaned the microwave, which I'm glad I did because it was nastier than I imagined.

1/1 days

Other notable things

• Does anybody else sometimes feel like smacking their boss upside the head?
  • I had mad bloating today. Also had the farts real bad. Made for interesting gym session as 1) my belt didn't fit quite right 2) I still had the farts while squatting. It's like I forget every Sunday how crappy I feel on Monday and repeat the same mistake week after week.
  • Mr. J had a golf outing today. He is drunk. Really drunk. But he also won longest drive. The prize? A 1/4 barrel. -_-

Workout

Monday 7/27/15 Lower Body

Warmup - lots of squat sets as I was sharing the rack and she had lower working weight than me

Box Squat (70%): 7x3x140 <- that pause at the bottom is really getting me. Love/hate it

Deficit DL (75%): 3x8x150 **REP PR**

Reverse Lunges: 12e with bar

Walking lunges: 2x12ex BW <-- someone wanted in the rack and I was fatigued so I decided walking lunges would  suffice

Seated Leg Curls: 3x12x60

Stability Ball Hamstring Curls: 3x12 <--stolenz from Spezzy. Tried to do 1 legged and was too hard so just did regular.

Back Extensions: 3x20 <- I suck at these, low back is so fatigued by the time I get here I can barely finish a BW set

Incline Treadmill 8%, 20 minutes 

• Like 1

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

I have NOT done that with caffeine before, so maybe a slow wean would be necessary. I figured one week would be enough to help get it all out of my system, but I might try cutting it out a little earlier. What caffeine I do have is mostly tea. And I can't imagine I have more than 200 mg/day MAX. And I usually don't have caffeine on weekends at all.

Sounds like you don't need as serious a wean, but a little extra time might be cool.  I've also noticed during my caffeine fasts that my first caffeine after said fast amps me UP.  It's like freaking magic. 

Do you guys want me to post my workouts? I was planning on posting in Battle Log, but can x-post here in spoiler tag if you all are interested.

Other notable things

• Does anybody else sometimes feel like smacking their boss upside the head?
  • I had mad bloating today. Also had the farts real bad. Made for interesting gym session as 1) my belt didn't fit quite right 2) I still had the farts while squatting. It's like I forget every Sunday how crappy I feel on Monday and repeat the same mistake week after week.
  • Mr. J had a golf outing today. He is drunk. Really drunk. But he also won longest drive. The prize? A 1/4 barrel. -_-

Um yes! I'm lazy. I almost never end up going to battle logs during challenges.  And your lifts are fun! 

Other notables: 

- yes. regularly. 

- dude. me too. ugh. 

dat workout: 

nice! the hamstring curls - I did those when I had a fractured foot and they were very effective.  I did NOT do them single legged.  But I probably need to try that.

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

tumblr_lsi1wpXHR11qcwyvco1_500.gif

How did I miss this? Hiii. And always post lifts in challenge threads! Ain't nobody got time for swappin' threads.

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

You are like my weekly eat like an asshole twin.

We really are. TWINSIES.

I love the competition goals  but I especially love the copious use of muppet show gifs.

Thank you! :) I have to work beaker in there yet, he is my favorite.

Sounds like you don't need as serious a wean, but a little extra time might be cool.  I've also noticed during my caffeine fasts that my first caffeine after said fast amps me UP.  It's like freaking magic. 

Um yes! I'm lazy. I almost never end up going to battle logs during challenges.  And your lifts are fun! 

Other notables: 

- yes. regularly. 

- dude. me too. ugh. 

dat workout: 

nice! the hamstring curls - I did those when I had a fractured foot and they were very effective.  I did NOT do them single legged.  But I probably need to try that.

re: caffeine - that's the goal! teeheehee

re: workouts - it seems that's how other people are doing it too. I also get lazy and don't visit battle logs, like... ever. Unless its between challenges, or someone doesn't have a challenge.

re: hamstring curls - yes!!!! SO GOOD! I tried them single leg and they were hard, I could only get 2 each side before my terrible balance got the best of me.

tumblr_lsi1wpXHR11qcwyvco1_500.gif

How did I miss this? Hiii. And always post lifts in challenge threads! Ain't nobody got time for swappin' threads.

Had to look at that gif on my fancy new smart phone, but I dig!

HIII!!!! Gotta work on my gif game. I promise at least one on my day 2 update.

Also, I'm probably going to go back and edit this post to add gifs, because THERE ARE SO MANY!!!!

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Instagram | Goodreads

Just heard a WTF episode with Jason Segel and he talks about getting the Muppets started again and I know want to watch the new movies.

re: workouts - it seems that's how other people are doing it too. I also get lazy and don't visit battle logs, like... ever. Unless its between challenges, or someone doesn't have a challenge.

You still visit my log and that's much appreciated. I always feel so lonely after I do a challenge and have to return back to my battle log.

what kind of shakes do you plan on having during your 10-day blast? i have one planned social event in the middle of that time but maybe i could just drink kombucha all night long. it's certainly be a test of will but i could dig it.

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

Not sure if you watch YouTubers, but figured I'd drop some female qualifying for nationals type shit...I probably could have found a shorter video, but eh...

• Like 1

Opening squat at 270?  le sigh. Swooooon <3 

also, fwiw, LBEB is doing 20% off your entire order right now.  

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

SevenofSeven, Jaymul and Wovercast... HIIII!!!!

You still visit my log and that's much appreciated. I always feel so lonely after I do a challenge and have to return back to my battle log.

I gotta trash talk somewhere ;)

what kind of shakes do you plan on having during your 10-day blast? i have one planned social event in the middle of that time but maybe i could just drink kombucha all night long. it's certainly be a test of will but i could dig it.

Not sure if you caught the conversations on my last challenge post-challenge wrap up, so I will spoiler tag again

I use Herbalife products and I'm a coach. So the fat blast involves 10 days of Herbalife shakes, composed of a few different products including fiber, protein and the formula 1 meal powder (might be missing a few ingredients, don't have the list in front of me). If you want more info let me know and we can discuss over PM more details

Not sure if you watch YouTubers, but figured I'd drop some female qualifying for nationals type shit...I probably could have found a shorter video, but eh...

She's much stronger than me. Also, kind of makes me want to drop to 57kg for my next comp if she dropped over 20 lb to compete in a lower class. And was it just me, or were all of her attempts like really close together? I feel like most people space theirs apart a little more. Especially when you're getting into high numbers like that, doing singles at say 95%, 98% and 100% seems really taxing. But then again I've only done one competition, so I'm not an expert. Maybe Special Sundae or Tanky or someone else with more experience than me can chime in.

Opening squat at 270?  le sigh. Swooooon <3 

also, fwiw, LBEB is doing 20% off your entire order right now.  

You're going to need to spell out those acronyms for me.

Current Challenge

Instagram | Goodreads