Sorry the body isn't cooperating :(. Yay for dance, though! And I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that the new doctor works out. I have an appointment with a new GP, myself, in a couple of weeks... hopefully we'll both get some answers soon.

I'm a noob when it comes to programming, but I'm guessing that higher intensity (in the 3-5 rep range, perhaps?), lower volume will help maintain strength while facilitating recovery. Something with pyramid sets, like 5/3/1, might work well--and personally I'm enjoying the autoregulation part of the program. If I'm feeling up for it, I do the joker sets and push my AMRAP sets. Other days, I just stick with the prescribed reps. It's working pretty well so far.

-:- THE LIONESS -:-

Challenge 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 2.6, 2.7, 2.8, 2.9, 2.10, 2.11, 2.12  

Staycations are the best kind of vacations :)

Netflix? Yes please.

I do enjoy them.  I already miss sleeping in... 

Staycations are my favorite. Mine end up being me, my xbox, and a large stack of brownies.

Heaven.

Ha! sub Netflix for xbox and that is literally my dream. 

I did refrain from eating a stack of brownies.... but not for any reason other than I was continually too lazy to make them. 

<3

Sorry you're feeling all blech. :(

Do what you can and what makes your body happy, even if it doesn't match up with what your mind thinks you should be doing. I think I'm at the point where I can work on basic mobility things and then aim for a goal of being the girl on the bike reading magazines.

Being that girl that gets mocked is my GOAL right now - do you think that makes my mind happy? (Spoiler: It does not.) But I can only do what I can do right now, yuhknow?

Hey you <3 

Amen.  

Ah yes, a reminder that we never know what battles someone is facing.   But seriously, no matter what I do, I cannot read and workout.  How is this possible?  Maybe if I took a dramamine...

Sorry the body isn't cooperating :(. Yay for dance, though! And I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that the new doctor works out. I have an appointment with a new GP, myself, in a couple of weeks... hopefully we'll both get some answers soon.

I'm a noob when it comes to programming, but I'm guessing that higher intensity (in the 3-5 rep range, perhaps?), lower volume will help maintain strength while facilitating recovery. Something with pyramid sets, like 5/3/1, might work well--and personally I'm enjoying the autoregulation part of the program. If I'm feeling up for it, I do the joker sets and push my AMRAP sets. Other days, I just stick with the prescribed reps. It's working pretty well so far.

New doc is... ok.  Update on that below.  I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! 

Boyf is a big fan of the 5/3/1, too.  I decided to drop my lift days down to 2/wk  for the time being.  Doing a nifty little program from Jim Steele's book.  I like it so far.  

Updates!

Obviously this challenge was a big ol' bust.  But that's okay.  Onward and such. 

New doc is okay.  We ran tests and everything came back "normal".  Getting the results mailed to me so I can take a look and maybe compare to my last set of tests.  Boyf really wants me to go to a hormone therapy place and have them check me out since they "specialize" in that.  But really, I find that kind of sketch.  But I'm getting pretty desperate...sooo... yeah.   Anyhow, new doc - may or may not go back to her.  I do like that we didn't have to schedule another visit for her to tell me my results (like I've had to with all the others).  She wants me to go off the gluten again and see if that helps.  Honestly, I was thinking about that, too.  I don't have any immediate issues with gluten but I've only started eating it with any kind of regularity over the last 6 months or so. Soooo it's basically the big ol' x factor right now.  Aside from Boyf's birthday (last Friday) I've abstained and I can say that I'm not having nearly as much digestive trouble as I was.  It's nice not to be uber bloated all the time. 

Fitness stuffs - Like I mentioned up there, I dropped lifting down to 2x/wk.  I like the program I'm doing right now.  I particularly like having a program that someone just set up and I didn't have any say in.  I didn't realize how much time I spent second guessing myself when I was doing the program I helped draft (even though I had it 'okayed' by someone I trust).  I was skeptical about squatting "so light" since the program called for something like 70 - 75% of my max for reps.  But it turned out to be pretty great.  The reps were all pretty solid, or I focused on making them solid at least, and for the first time in a long ass time I left the gym feeling good and energized, not like a bucket of FML/totally drained.  <--- that's something I've struggled with for a long time.  I need to get it in my head I can workout and not feel like shit when I'm leaving.  That's actually preferable if I understand things correctly.  

I've been doing mucho yoga at home as I have a free 6 month membership to this pretty excellent yoga online thingy. I haven't made it to dance yet due to scheduling and holiday stuff, but I'm thinking tonight or tomorrow evening. 

Staycation was okay.  I only really felt relaxed like...once?  No reason other than crazy brain and its tendency towards major anxiety (another note on new doc - she seemed a little confused when I told her which med I was on since it's major side effects are anxiety and insomnia and I've suffered from both of those pretty much always. glad it's not just me that wondered wth my med doc was thinking.  New med doc appt in a couple weeks, though).  Mostly stayed at home, binge watching netflix and doing yoga.  Celebrated Boyf's bday ziplining and eating BBQ - PSA, don't get cocky on those rope (or cable, in this instance) bridges.  You will slip off.  You will get cable burn.  You will have huge, painful bruises. 

Okay. So off to the ol' battle log I go.  Link in my signature.  

• Like 1

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

Staycation was okay.  I only really felt relaxed like...once?  No reason other than crazy brain and its tendency towards major anxiety (another note on new doc - she seemed a little confused when I told her which med I was on since it's major side effects are anxiety and insomnia and I've suffered from both of those pretty much always. glad it's not just me that wondered wth my med doc was thinking.  New med doc appt in a couple weeks, though).  Mostly stayed at home, binge watching netflix and doing yoga.  Celebrated Boyf's bday ziplining and eating BBQ - PSA, don't get cocky on those rope (or cable, in this instance) bridges.  You will slip off.  You will get cable burn.  You will have huge, painful bruises. 

Okay. So off to the ol' battle log I go.  Link in my signature.  

I find Staycations impossible, as all I can think of is my undone chores.

Also, thanks for the warning on the cable bridges.... duly noted.... :P

the year of living trippily

Final Boss, Part 2    Boss, Part 1  Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)