• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

teddie.bare

Teddie tackles a level 50 quest

I opened up a notebook on my desk, and was greeted by my Level 50 wish list. I've been working on some of it on and off, and am going to continue working them, along with adding a new skill to work on. I'm keeping my clutter goal and headstand focus, and I'm adding (wait for it) sewing. Yes, sewing. I've been putting it off because of a $30 part. Well, it's on sale for $17, and I need to stop putting it off. As a bonus, I'm also working on "geek crafts" in the form of cosplay outfits for camp. So, this should be fun.

BADASS WOMAN

• Part of my level 50 involves reducing my consumption. This round I will have NO REAL GOAL.  This is crazy scary, but I need to stop getting frustrated and not doing anything because I don't want to deal with what I'm currently working on. Goal is to work on ANY area 3x a week for the entire challenge.

• I need to keep doing resistance training.  Goal is to do 3 strength workouts a week.

• I have been focusing on increasing strength in a different ways with my eventual goal being handstands. I rocked the freestanding headstand last challenge, but I'm not really secure in it. Goal is to be super confident with my freestanding headstand by the end of the challenge.

SIDE QUESTS

• I need to start getting back into sewing. My pedal is ordered, and I have things that need to be altered. Goal is to be able to use my sewing machine again and have a few small projects done by the end of the challenge.

• I want to have awesome cosplay outfits for camp. I have ordered most of the pieces for one, but don't even have the glow themed one started yet. Or gone to the thrift store for rubix cube night. I'm not as worried about the rubix stuff, but I need to put the first costume together, and figure out the second. I have to have my 2 main costumes ready for Camp.

MOTIVATION

tumblr_mskeg9oAOv1sgz868o1_500_zpsf01f96

PROGRESS

Week 1:

Decluttering: 3/3  

Workouts: 3/3

Headstands: Done.

Sewing: Started.

Cosplay: Started.

Week 2:

Week 3:

• Like 3

So since it'll be really hard for updates if I'm keeping costume stuff a secret, I'm going to talk about it here.

So, costume number 1: ewok

Here are my inspiration images:

E25EA317-8DE0-4C63-9101-A48F76C9A09E_zps

Cute, right?

IMG_5258_zpsumbazfan.jpg

SQUEE

Ok, so here is what I have going on. I already have a fuzzy vest, brown tank and brown leggings. I am going to slice and knot up the sides of the leggings. I ordered a sexy bandage mini skirt, fuzzy brown fingerless gloves, fuzzy ears, and fuzzy boot covers. I have the materials to make the leather head cover and a fuzzy tail. Probably going to wear sandals. I'm going to try to find a piece of aspen that will fit in my suitcase that I can finish up for the staff (hmm or maybe cut it into two pieces with a way to screw together).  Super excited. 

I'll take progress pics as I get to pieces :)

• Like 3

Oooh fun with the sewing goal! It's on my eternal bucket list but I just never seem to get around to it... Looking forward to the progress pics!

• Like 1

Sewing!! You know me, I'm always up for sewing! My poor husband, I finally downsized some of my fabric stash, it was making him crazy finding it everywhere. His old work shirts are so great at repurposing though!

Anyway, very excited for camp preparation and more workout learning from you, I really like hearing about the alternatives out there like kettlebells.

- Sent from my magic Navi-powered device!

• Like 1

Happy 6 WC start!

All of my costume parts and sewing machine pieces have shipped. I hope to have them all this week so I can get started on my first costume. I'm very excited to have some nice new costumes. 

I went on a great 3-mile hike yesterday, and my calves are screaming about it. But it was great. 

I am back on the 'anti-inflammatory' diet bandwagon this week. My food is all prepped and ready for the week. Well, at least until Wed, and then I need to make some soup. The carbs are a little higher than my regular diet, but the low carb thing isn't really working for me any more. So we'll see what happens having it in a more moderate range. I've basically added carbs in the form of more fruit, and I don't think that is a bad thing. I would be a fruitarian if there was more protein involved ;)

My workout today was awesome ! I have a new dose of testosterone and I feel like a million bucks.

I'm also thinking maybe I'll do a cool R2D2 costume for the glow party. I have a tank top already, and I can get a sexy blue mini skirt to go with it. I have a vintage hat that I've never done anything with that is round and adorable, and I'm thinking I could install some great LEDs in there for a neat effect. So I'll take a few minutes to look at skirts before I have to go spend the rest of the day getting work badges (boo).

• Like 3

Woo! Nice start!

I have a feeling you and I would get into so much fun/trouble with all the costuming. I want to be your assistant!

May I also point out that every costume you've mentioned is rocking the awesome sexiness, and I'm so proud of you for showing off the hard work you've done (with your body!)!

• Like 1

Oooh fun with the sewing goal! It's on my eternal bucket list but I just never seem to get around to it... Looking forward to the progress pics!

My sewing machine has literally been sitting on the floor in the dining room for YEARS now. It was free. And it's a great machine. It is just missing a power cord. So now that I have that coming, I'm going to move it up ONTO the dining room table. I used to sew. I was very good at it. I've just lost touch with it over the years. 

Woo! Nice start!

I have a feeling you and I would get into so much fun/trouble with all the costuming. I want to be your assistant!

May I also point out that every costume you've mentioned is rocking the awesome sexiness, and I'm so proud of you for showing off the hard work you've done (with your body!)!

One of my good friends is a professional costume maker. She owes me some stuff, but I want to try to do some things on my own. But yes, you and I would get into a lot of trouble!! hehe. it would be great. Right now I'll have to settle for a meddling 4 year old ;) but she'll have fun with it, too, I think. 

aww thanks, that's such a sweet compliment, and I didn't even think about it. But honestly, i've always dressed on the sexier side, when it comes to being costumed. Even when I was overweight, I've always had very little shame ;) well that and a very encouraging husband. Which I'm not complaining about. But thank you, it will be amazing being able to wear what I want and not feel so self conscious in it. that's been the best thing about my weight loss, I no longer fuss at my clothes all day long. i wear them, instead of them wearing me.

I went on a lovely walk today. My food was so on point yesterday, and today is going great as well. 

So a little bit of the behind the scenes stuff. I am now in a polyamorous relationship, which is a form of an open marriage. I talked about it a little bit before. After some difficult adjusting, we're finally in a good groove. it's actually wonderful now that we have it worked out. My husband has a girlfriend, and I have two boyfriends. Only because one of them has the crappiest schedule of all time. He's also a chef. A very good damn chef. There was a little bit of weight gain in that 'going out on all the dates' and 'let the boyfriend make you food' period. I have it under control again, but man. The former fat girl should not be dating a chef ;) luckily he specializes in special dietary needs, but it's hard to let him cook that when when there's biscuits and gravy and stuffed french toast as an option (we had BOTH for breakfast one morning). Luckily there was only a 3 lb or so gain, and it's finally gone again and I'm back on track. We are going out tonight with the kids, but I already have my food planned out. 

I also found out today that the Dalai-freaking-Lama is coming to my state in October. So I'm totally getting tickets for my mom and I to go see him. And I'm so excited it hurts!! I've met two lamas in my life, and it's an opportunity that you definitely shouldn't miss. If ever LOVE was in human form, it's in the body of a lama. So that has me all excited.

Saturday is another all day tattoo appointment on my Lady Atlas. I'll have to post some pics after she's mostly done. That was totally inspired by something you said, Alexandrite. I probably have two more sessions on her, but she should be mostly done this weekend (finally!).

i kind of feel like I'm living in a fairy tale right now ;) On my walk I was thinking about where I was a year ago, and my weight was exactly the same. I know my body shape has changed, but more importantly, 

I've kept this weight off successfully for a year. That's a big deal, and I need to stop beating myself up about it. I have more love that I can freaking handle, and I can't tell you how amazing that's been. That was also a hard won victory, but it's been worth it. I've been applying for jobs for the possibility of some change (because why not change ALL THE THINGS in my life, right?), but other than that, I don't have a single complaint right now <3
  • Like 2

I love that you fee like you're you're living in a fairy tale, but mostly because you're living in a wonderful life of your own creation, and that's just the most magical and awesome part of it!

• Like 2

Stopping in to talk cosplay!  I have a Steampunk Kiki that I was hoping to have ready for a Con in a couple of weeks.  Didn't happen because I'm also helping my two teens with their cosplays and that took priority.  

I love your R2D2 plan, can totally picture it!

• Like 1

Saturday is another all day tattoo appointment on my Lady Atlas. I'll have to post some pics after she's mostly done. That was totally inspired by something you said, Alexandrite. I probably have two more sessions on her, but she should be mostly done this weekend (finally!).

Oh my! Now I'm really excited to see the progress on it! I'm not a tattoo person myself (needles!) but totally have friends that I think have beautiful tattoos and really rock it.

And that post had so much love in it!

• Like 1

I got all kinds of fun stuff in the mail last night. One of which is a new yoga inversion swing (squee)! And a few parts for my Ewok costume.

These fuzzy boot covers are exactly what I was looking for.

259A8936-B3EF-4985-8D5A-36BBBAAEF782_zps

My daughter had to try them on with me. Bonus: zelda dress.

I also got my ears and the fabric for the tail. But that package came right before bed, so no photos yet. I'll do some progress pics of all the parts and pieces this weekend. I'm actually starting to get pretty excited. The only full cosplay I have is my steampunk leia. The rest are just parts and pieces. Although I do see a theme here, I apparently only like to cosplay star wars stuff ;) Which is ok. I'll have three full costumes after this, and that's pretty dang exciting. 

My shoulders are killing me from increasing my weights this week. But I'm going to hit the gym here soon anyhow. Have another good day of food packed. 

One annoying thing about dealing with other adults in my life is the scheduling. Oh lord, the scheduling. So my week got changed up and I have another play date tonight. Which isn't a bad thing, I just don't like my plans being disrupted. But I don't have to sit around at home alone or anything, so it's all good :)

• Like 1

LOVE the ewok costume idea!! Can't wait to see the finished product :D

Also, totally jealous of going to see the Dalai Lama.  I was going to go with my mom and sisters when he came by my area but I couldn't go because of work stuffs.

• Like 1

I can't wait to see more photos! My husband doesn't quite get cosplay, but I'm sure if I did it he would like it... hehe.

And play dates are tough. I want the social time for me as much as my kids, but the scheduling (as you said) can be a pain. In fact, my son's preschool teacher mentioned that there were no such things as play dates or sleepovers when she was a child, or much when she had kids. The kids that wanted to play would just show up at the public spaces and play with whoever was there, and sleeping over wasn't something that was 'done' back then as a thing. Ah, simpler days...

• Like 1

Ok, updates before I forget!

The decluttering is going OK this week. I have two bags of clothes in my car for goodwill, and a baby gate for my sister. Also, the chef came over to my place for the first time this week with his kids, so there was some furious throwing away of things that I had been meaning to chuck. Never a bad thing. I also realized how many My Little Ponies my daughter has, sheesh.

I bought myself a present yesterday from Endorphin Warrior  Partly because it's my birthday soon, and partly because I've kept 75 lbs off for over a year and that's fucking amazing. I got myself a ring that says Relentless. I'm stoked. 

I also got some new inspiration yesterday. I'm fired up. You guys have to watch this

My new motto: Because I am not a do nothing bitch. 

Seriously, watch it. Fuck. Yes.  There's a longer version I'll have to watch later, but if that 42 seconds doesn't get you pumped up - I just don't know what will.

• Like 1

Ok, week 1 summary before I get too far behind

Week 1:

Ok, I have arbitrary grading this challenge. F-it. That's fine :)

Decluttering went great. I mean, not huge amounts, but I did stuff! Tossed randomness from the house, got rid of two bags of clothes and a baby gate. I also started a new bag of clothes in my closet, and went in there with the sole intention of getting rid of some stuff - which I did. Clothes are the hardest for me. 

Workouts went great last week. I smashed some goals and did some of the prettiest headstands to date. Killed it and had the shoulder pain to prove it ;)

Headstands, see above. I have been practicing and on strong days I can nail them. On less strong days, I still only tap the wall briefly. Which means I might not have even needed it. It's feeling better.

I received most of my sewing accessories this week. Power cord (the very expensive machine was free, but missing this important part), bobbins, thread, needles, pins, scissors, and chalk all acquired. This week I need to plug the thing in and make sure said power cord works. Then I get to start figuring out how to get the thing to work. My mom says it's like riding a bike. I suck at remembering how to do that, too ;)

Cosplay is coming along. i have most of the parts for my ewok! I think I'm only missing the mini skirt and fuzzy fingerless gloves. I'm going to slash and weave the sides of the leggings… then the skirt goes over that. I want to tie up the vest with leather cord like a corset… I have the leather for the head piece but need to fashion it together with cord and buttons. I have the staff, but we need to alter it so it comes apart like a pool cue for travel. And it needs a pointy rock for the top. But it's already been finished and embellished. I might try to round the top of the ears more, but they definitely need to be set wider when I affix them to the leather cowl. I like the real leather, but we'll see how it works. I picked the thinnest and most rugged piece out of my pile. The rest of what I have is super thick and better quality. I'm kind of contemplating using orange fabric instead, but I like the leather look. We'll see how I feel when I start to mess with it. 

Here's some of the progress on my tattoo. It's not the right perspective, and it's not all of it… but we worked on her forward, so all of new galaxy and stars. It's going very well. I'll take better pics when it's healed. I have 1-2 more sessions (sigh).

FD2567D0-8FDB-4119-9886-7F3FBDF6D34E_zps

• Like 2