• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

teddie.bare

Teddie tackles a level 50 quest

So my headstands today were amazing. The last one? I freaking NAILED it. It was strong and controlled and perfect. I just think "float it up" when I'm bringing my second leg up to meet the first. I was very pleased with it - I got two really good ones in after I moved a little farther from the wall. I could really feel my confidence increasing today.

I had a great workout, and I'm feeling pretty amazing. My hubby is being super awesome tonight and watching the kids so the chef and I can go on a proper date. So far, we haven't had a chance to do that. I'm so full of love and gratitude right now… Man it's amazing when everything you've been working towards just starts to click together.

Last night I picked up the house and purposefully threw some stuff away. Not a huge amount, but it was a concerted effort. so i'm counting it.

Yesterday I went out to lunch with someone I haven't seen in 25 years. It was an ok visit, I'm just so not a stepford wife ;) But I'm glad I got out and met her. I get so focused on working out that I often miss opportunities like that.

So, overall things are going swimmingly. So much so, that I'm kind of afraid I'm going to wake up at any moment ;) 

• Like 1

Don't worry we are here to remind you it's not a dream!

And that tattoo blew me away! I had no idea it was that big and detailed. I actually kind of like that it's on your leg rather than back or whatever. Simply amazing!

Headstand control!! That took you less than three challenges to nail it and feel the confidence. Yes!!

- Sent from my magic Navi-powered device!

• Like 1

Your tattoo is so cool!! I can't wait to see the finished product.

Congrats on your headstand! And on a nice "grade" for last week. I like your grading system hahah

• Like 1

So last night was pretty damn spectacular. I'm still kind of blown away by it all.

My husband, bless his heart, watched all the kids so the chef and I could go out. 

He brought me flowers. And a really beautiful steampunk moon necklace for my birthday (it's on Sunday, but I will only get to see him briefly Friday night). We went out to fondue, which he had never done before. Holy cow was it an amazing night. It was so freaking romantic. We laughed and just had the most amazing time. 

The kids were worn out when we got home. My daughter went to sleep without a struggle (this is rare), and I got to spend some quality time with my husband before bed. I went to sleep with a heart just overflowing with love. I have never been happier <3

Today I woke up with a pounding headache from all the food I should not have had, and I don't regret a second of it. It's finally starting to wane a little, and I'm going to go for a walk here shortly. I feel like Ariel in the Little Mermaid when she falls in love and is swimming about all schmoopy, humming and putting flowers in people's hair. 

127716_story__ariel.jpg

so yeah. I'm going to go flit around on my favorite new walking path, which is strewn with baby bunnies and tiny little squirrels. The birds will be chirping, and I'll be all Snow White out there ;)

• Like 2

I totally lost last week. I was out of town until Tuesday night, and I developed a big bleeding ulcer for my birthday the sunday prior. So I spent all of last week being sick and tending to myself gently. Lets see if I can do a quick summary, and then I'll do updates for week 3.

Week 2:

Decluttering: 3/3  

Workouts: 3/3

Headstands: Done.

Sewing: Started.

Cosplay: Started.

Pretty much like Week 1. Things are coming along fine. I don't remember much else, I just know I was focused.

• Like 1

Week 3:

Decluttering: 3/3  

Workouts: 3/3*

Headstands: Done.

Sewing: Started.

Cosplay: Started.

Ok, so last week sucked. Bleeding ulcer, doctor's visits, not being able to eat for 6 days… it was rough. I was not able to lift, but I still went on 5 walks, so I'm still calling it a win, all things considered. 

I got an old storage container cleaned out, and started getting rid of more clothes. I've also been throwing things out when I find them and realize they are just trash. So that was good.

So big happy updates:

- Sewing machine WORKS! I still need to get all the pieces together, but I fixed knobs my daughter broke, picked play dough out of various crevices, and it worked! 

- I did 3 freestanding headstands in a row! in the living room! I will have video proof below.

- I have like 90% of both my major cosplays complete! photo proof below.

- I am feeling better and can eat some again. Still not 100%, but better. I will probably not lift again this week, but I'm giving myself a grace period due to ulcer.

So, photo proof of cosplay progress… How CUTE is this R2D2 looking? The hat will be painted white and blue, and then we'll install some LED Lights on it for the glow party. I might do some glow bracers as well, but I'm undecided. 

FEF974FE-B570-4CD0-AB82-7C27E155223C_zps

And then the headstand videos. I like this one, even though the angle is a little off. But you get the point.

and this one is a TERRIBLE angle (I was trying different spots) BUT - look at my shoulders! I could just stare at this all day. It's so neat to see progress from a different perspective. I also held this one a good long time. Even though you can't see my legs you can tell, and actually see my muscles working

so. all good things. Just busy, tired, and healing right now. Found out the Nerd boyfriend might be leaving for 6 months, which is sad. I took him out for his birthday yesterday. But things are going so well with the Chef that I feel like it's unfair ;) so at least i'll have that to focus on. Things have been super good with the Hubby, and he and I are both super happy right now. So overall I'm in a very good place :)

• Like 2

Yesterday my mom came over and helped me work on my sewing machine. It still needs two parts, but it's coming along.

I didn't feel like it, but I finished my pants for the ewok cosplay.

69E73D91-86E4-4DB1-A246-435EA416E295_zps

One more thing down. I got the over skirt but it's a bit tight. I ordered some leather cord so I can cut it and loosen it some kind of corset style.

My staff just needs a stone for the top and then be made to come apart so I can travel with it. I also ordered toggle buttons for the cowl. With those and the cord, I'll be able to finish the head piece.

Really close to being done with that one. I'm super excited about it. I have a Groupon to get my rubix cube clothes and I really need to get my act together for glow night. But I'm making progress.

• Like 3

Just caught up! Looks like you are doing great at rolling with life's punches and still moving. And the headstands!! You're right, the video of the back is a great one from a physical perspective for all the muscle stuff going on.

I like the costumes (so creative!) And can't wait to see them put into action!

• Like 1

Headstand progress + awesome costume development!! Such awesomeness.  Can't wait to see the finished product.

Also, it's so amazing to have seen how far you've come in headstands in the only 2-3 challenges I've been following along with you.  It's so inspiring, such a direct representative of how putting in the time and effort CONSISTANTLY gives improvements a lot quicker than one might think.

• Like 2

Hello!

I haven't been checking in because I don't feel like doing weekly updates - so I'm not going to! It's my challenge, right? So I'll just do an overview of how things are going.

Sewing Machine: just received two new parts. Hopefully will get it running this weekend.

Costumes: I am like 99% done with the ewok - and hate the tops! they are soooo hot with the leather headdress. But I ordered a cute asymmetrical brown dress, and will do a final fitting this weekend. All I'm missing is the adapter to make the staff collapsable, and… a belt? so I can wear my pouch. I just need to decide if I'm going to slice up the back of the dress to match the pants, leave it so I can wear it in the fall to work, or go pants less. I'll have those decisions after this weekend.

6057BB7E-662A-40EC-9FD0-F7DD2AA658FD_zps

Decluttering: I have made some good progress, actually. I hung a BUNCH of pictures I had been meaning to hang last weekend, AND reorganized my photo shelves. That makes me happy. I also replaced my toilet lids that were falling apart, deep cleaned the toilets, scrubbed the shower from top to bottom, and got caught up on an asston of laundry. I've been consistently adulating every day. I still make myself put all the dishes in the dishwasher when I first get home, and then pick out my clothes for the next day before I am allowed to change into pajamas. 

Headstands: I was having a terrible time with headstands this week. Today I moved a little closer to the wall and nailed 3 amazing ones. So I'm still having some mental issues with doing them without a support behind me for some reason. I'm still working on it - I didn't even NEED the wall today, I just feel better when it's there. This is definitely mental development for me at this point. 

Health: my tummy is MUCH better. My ulcer seems to be mostly under control, despite a bunch of stress at work. I started brewing kombucha tea to help with the probiotics and that is going very well.

CEA79335-0F82-42CF-99B6-912F0B0DF9F1_zps

Romance: things are still going great in this department. The chef is bringing his kiddos over tonight while my hubby goes out with his girl. I'm still in the "i can't believe this is my life - it's so awesome" phase, but I'm certainly not complaining. I am spoiled and treasured, and it's a great feeling <3

• Like 1

Woo! Thanks for the pictures! Glad things are going so well still!

And I totally agree, sometimes regular updates are overrated! Life gets going! The kombucha is something I tried here and there, but I don't think my stomach can handle it full strength, I always feel sick after drinking some.

And yes to the costume! I love how your vision totally came together!

• Like 1

Some updates now, and I'll do some final ones tomorrow.

My ewok is almost done. So close now. I went a total different direction, though. I got a really cute assymetrical dress and paired it with a harness, and it's adorable! I like it a lot better, and it's way cooler. I need to attach the tail better, and I need to chop the staff and add the hardward to make it collapsable. Then I'm done. I also have all the parts to make the glow hat for the R2D2, which I hope to get done this weekend. So things are coming right along.

The kombucha is going well. I atually feel really good when I have a little bit in the morning on an empty stomach while I'm getting ready for work. My mom is doing great on it, she is feeling a whole lot better. I have two new batches going right now and my weekly supply bottled and ready to go.

I had an amazing long weekend. Lots of quality time with the Chef and my Hubby. It all went really good. It's hard to get back into the groove of work today. Man did I have a good time with my chef. I got to have two overnights and we are really having a great time. We're still in the fun phase of dating, and I just love it.

I need to make myself several doctor's appointments to take some responsbility for my health. I really need to see an endocronologist, which requires seeing my hormone doc to get a referral. I will call them when I go on a walk here in a few minutes. I've been ignoring my issues for too long, and I need to just make sure everything is ok. There has to be a reason why my testosterone is so crazy and wild and I"d like to find out what that is. I'm also not convinced my thyroid is healthy - but I need more indepth tests at this point. But I'm putting on my big girl panties and dealing with it.

So things are good. I'll update more and add pics tomorrow.

• Like 1

Yay for a good finish! Sounds like you have been able to balance really well this challenge. Looking forward to the closing pics!

I will also be praying they find nothing too serious with the dr stuff and that it will help you get past whatever health challenges you're going through!

• Like 1

B8749BB6-86F3-4842-8DA7-1D18FD645D0A_zps

The final Ewok costume. Just have to make the staff collapsable this weekend. I'm pretty happy with it. The dress is much shorter than I'm normally comfortable with, but I'm going to totally rock it.

Challenge Wrap-up

• Work on ANY area 3x a week for the entire challenge - Fail, mostly. I did some minor stuff, but nothing on the scale I wanted.
  • Do 3 strength workouts a week - Pass. Strength training is still going well.
  • Be super confident with my freestanding headstand - Pass. Although "super confident" is subjective. I am confident and I can do it. Still needs work.

SIDE QUESTS

• Be able to use my sewing machine again and have a few small projects done by the end of the challenge - Fail. It almost works. Still needs work and I need to practice.
  • Have my 2 main costumes ready for Camp - 75% on this one. Ewok is done. Base of R2D2 is done. Just have to finish the glow components.

I am a bit burned out by all the challenges I do. I am taking the next round off of ALL challenges to focus on my underlying health and wellness. If I run one at all, it will just be to update on how that is going. My first appt is on Thursday. I have been on a year-long plateu, and the constant struggle of finding something ANYTHING that breaks it has thoroughly exhausted me.

I also just came out as poly to my family. So that's going to be a big change. My mom and sister both want to meet my boys, and I'm sure the Chef will be the first up. His scheudle has changed some in my favork, so I'm super busy right now. Which is good. And rewarding. And amazing. But I'm kind of tired of never cutting myself any slack to just enjoy my life.

• Like 1

What a cute costume!

Congrats on coming out to your family. Hope it all goes well. :)

And please do enjoy life! You've done amazingly well in so many areas, you really deserve to stop and smell the roses. Maybe reduced stress will help the plateau too. :)

I agree that taking a break is a good idea, I decided to do so as well at the end of this last challenge. I know I'll be more apt to participate and encourage others if I'm not so burned out myself.

The costumes turned out great, the change with the Ewok dress definitely works for you! Good luck on all the family stuff, and remember that dates/time with yourself are just as important as dates and times with others. Me-time has never been more important when you need to love on and appreciate yourself during the difficult times.