A delightful summer, part 2 [zenLara]

Lara

Well, on one side, I thought there was a 2 week pause, and secondly I'm still working on the same goals than last challenge, so this one is going to be pretty similar to the other.

Except this time I'm going to be AWESOME.

smiley-happy032.gifKeep enjoying the summer.

Take it seriously, really, there won't be another summer until next year.

• Keep on planning and doing activities that I could not do during school time or in winter weather.

greensmilies-028.gifMeditate.

At around 11 am. Try to make it every day. Really, it's good for you. Yes, it's good. GOOD.

Did I mention it's good?

30 DAYS IN A ROW!!!! GOAL ACCOMPLISHED!!

smiley-sport040.gifMove.

I've been slacking on this because of the high temperatures, but now that we're back to the usual 35-38 ºC sweatingbullets.gif I can go back on track.

• 20 minutes of cardio activity (almost) everyday. By cardio I mean hiking, walking, biking, tap dancing or C25K, not crazy cardio. Random choice.

• Work out 2-3 times a week. Bodyweight strength training with some dumbbells if needed + 10 minuts of mobility work.

• Please, please, do that damn first push-up once and for all. I've been dreaming about opening that thread on the Woot room for too long...

smiley-eatdrink023.gifEat right.

• Substitute sugary things or bread for fruit during 3 weeks. Fix things gradually. Start with breakfast.

• Next 3 weeks cut a bit on fruit to return to normal non-hiperinsulinemic state. Select new recipes for breakfast and try them during a whole week. Recipes must be rich in protein and fat to be satiating. See how much it improves sugar cravings through the day.

• Eat more fat. Fat everywhere. Take a spoonful of coconut oil everyday (besides the usual fat intake).

smiley-music008.gifMusic practice and stage fright.

Go from 6 segments of practice to 15-18 8-10 and get “Winter spirits†ready to be listened by fellows nerdfitnessers. WINTER SPIRITS UPLOADED TO SOUNDCLOUD!!! GOAL ACCOMPLISHED!!

• Add 1 segment every 3-4 days.

• Be sure I work enough in the piece and not get caught in technique (yes, I like technique, I am that weird).

• Don't skip the breaks. Instead leave the flute and squat, stretch, breath, drink some water or stroke the cat.

And what about anxiety?

Anxiety is rather well right now. Of course it's summer and that makes everything easier because there are no time restrictions whatsoever. Anyway, I'm preparing for the winter, so I'll keep on doing my regular exercises such as breathing, relaxation, affirmations, and taking my supplements. Not appearing here as a goal doesn't mean it's not important, but I think I have good habits right now and it won't be difficult to keep them during the holidays. When this challenge is over it will almost be school time again and I'll have to refocus on it, but it's ok right now.

To improve my commitment with all these goals, all my tasks driving to them are now at habitrpg. I've created a little zenLara that is already at level 5 and has a white wolf cub. I don't want her to die, I want her to level up, I'll do my best.

sml_gallery_26080_1320_1802.png

Summer. Máx. 2 WIS points.

Meditate. Máx. 3 WIS points.

Move. Máx. 2 STR points, 2 STA points and 1 extra STR point if I get to do the push-up.

Eat. Máx. 2 CON points.

Music. Máx. 1 DEX, 1 WIS, 1 CHA.

• Like 6

When I let go of what I am,

I become what I might be.

Ah, sorry for alarming you with rumours of a 2-week pause! The challenge forums did advertise a break, but clearly I shouldn't trust them now that they've been wrong twice. You have everything figured out though - good luck!

Thanks for reminding me that the summer will be over soon - need to make the most of it while it lasts :)

You have all the most excellent emoticons - how do you get them? :o

How close are you now to your first push-up?

• Like 1

Level 25 Cyborg Assassin

[ STR 36.75 | DEX 26.00 | STA 28.00 | CON 31.25 | WIS 29.25 | CHA 24.50 ]

current 5-week challenge: March 2020

external websites with my resources for...

fitness & breathwork | mental math & mind sports | motivation & productivity

Ah, sorry for alarming you with rumours of a 2-week pause! The challenge forums did advertise a break, but clearly I shouldn't trust them now that they've been wrong twice. You have everything figured out though - good luck!

Thanks for reminding me that the summer will be over soon - need to make the most of it while it lasts :)

You have all the most excellent emoticons - how do you get them? :o

How close are you now to your first push-up?

Let's see... 

It was not your fault at all: I was smart enough to take a look here http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/58253-challenge-instructions-updated-jan-1-2015/  where it said -and still says- that next challenge begins on august the 3rd. BUT I wasn't smart enough to pay attention to the BIG, RED, FLASHY sentence in the main page of the forums that says it starts next monday.

Yes, summer goes away fast. As the song says, august, die she must, the autumn winds blow chilly and cold. Certainly not here in Spain, but... turn off your computer and go out, out, out!

I get my emoticons mainly from freesmileys.org. Or when I can't find what I want I put the description I'm looking for in the browser. They're just everywhere. It's a plague. Overcrowding is in fact causing cannibalism:

Buddy_by_Dabombguyman.gif

I'm not close to my first push-up *sigh* I had thought for a long time I was. But I can see how wrong I was. I thought it would be an easier thing to accomplish. It's frustrating. My boyfriend says I must be patient. He says I have no strength whatsoever, and that a push-up it's harder than it looks. Now I can do around 10-12 in the kitchen table, rather comfortably, and maybe 4 or 5 in the coffe table. I can do maybe 1 in the stairs step. I can do none in the floor. Neverending stoooooory, lalala, lalala, lalalaaaaa...

• Like 3

Nice pre-challenge day.

Went for a walk for my 20 minutes of cardio (that ended being 40), and decided to explore a new part of the environs of the city. I knew by googlemaps that there was a stream around there and went to try to find it. Unfortunately, most of the trails ended in "private property" and serious dogs behind the fences, so I spent most of my time changing my direction without much luck. Finally, and old man mounting a horse passed me and I decided to follow him. He knew the right trail downwards. Not far away -the horse had disappeared long ago- the path had several branches and all seemed tempting to explore, but it was almost noon, I had no water on me, and there was this deceptive fresh breeze masking the effects of the sun, so too much danger. Decided to come back home and have a better plan next time. This counts also as a summer activity -exploration of new surroundings-, as well as the little while I spent lying on the floor just looking at the blue sky. A 9 for each one.

Besides, I have meditated and did 7 music practice segments.

I'm awesome smiley-cool14.gif

• Like 2

Last pre-challenge day. 

No summer activity so far, although I'm thinking of having dinner in the patio or at least go there to look at the stars whet it gets dark.

Rest day for music practice but did my meditation. I've meditated 5 days in a row so far. Excellent!

In the "move" section, I've gone for a walk in the park and did a short workout this morning:

Squats (no weights) 15x15x15

Kitchen table push-ups 10x10x10

Plank 15'x15'x30'

Focused flexibility. Several stretches for my hunched back.

Little zenLara has leveled up and is ready for the challenge.

avatar-55affc84-71a0-45ef-a7f0-0d139d8ac

On your marks

ohhaleno-tumblr-com3.gif

get set

tumblr_naxjjm5NT91r37lrvo1_400.gif

GO!

i-may-never-get-there-cat.gif

• Like 4

Day 1.

Went to explore new surroundings again. This time went to see some small mountains covered with pines that I've seen many times from the fields I wander about. They're far away enough to take the car. I parked in a trail at one side of the main road and then went up and up til the top. It was nice, because pines protected me from the sun and there was a soft breeze. I walked for around 40 minutes, so yay for my movement goal. Then took the car and came back following a different road and discovered a very beautiful town. I'd say 9.5   :)

Meditated, but and did only 3 segments of music practice. Maybe later I'll catch up with a bit more, but I am feeling a bit tired.

Big cravings for sugar. Succumbed once. The other one I ate pears.

Rather productive day.

Cat seems to approve the fan.

-------------------

Mini#1. Day 1.

This is the first time I do a mini. I think I decided to do it because is something about reflecting, and that suits me right now.

I want to come back to my non-hyperinsulinemic state and stablish a meditation routine, because I know how good it will feel to do so.

I want to be able to do a push-up, because I want to prove myself I can be strong enough.

I want to finish my work with Winter spirits because it is a piece I've wanted to play since the first time I listened to it. And I want to upload it to soundcloud so people will listen to it. Not only because of overcoming stage fright, but because that way the task makes more sense, since I don't know when I'll have the opportunity to play it in a concert.

I want to enjoy summer, because I haven't enjoyed the last two. And because when I go back to work I want to feel I haven't waisted my time. I want to have discovered new places to go hiking and wandering. I want to have good remembrances of this summer. It can also help me to find new things I could like or use to relax in future times (like laying down to lose my eyes into the blue).

I think I have a solid plan, but I know I can lose momentum half challenge. It usually happens. I am thinking two ways to correct this. One, be less demanding on the level of accomplishment of my goals. Stop criticism. "Do not let the perfect spoil the good". And, I can give myself a reward mid-challenge or whenever I need it to thank me for my efforts.

• Like 1

Mini#1. Day 2.

I think I thought of an important point yesterday: being too self-demanding. I can spend a great day like yesterday, doing multiple things to improve my life and yet stay fixed on the wrong point. Definitively, "do not let the perfect spoil the good" could be a good motto for me.

• Like 1

Mini#1. Day 2.

I think I thought of an important point yesterday: being too self-demanding. I can spend a great day like yesterday, doing multiple things to improve my life and yet stay fixed on the wrong point. Definitively, "do not let the perfect spoil the good" could be a good motto for me.

And everyone. I say, "better is the enemy of good."
  • Like 1

Love as thou wilt.

Day 2 (yesterday). 

Took breakfast in the patio to enjoy the fresh morning. I'd say I liked it because repeated today.

Meditated, went for my 20 minutes of cardio -which turned into 40, it seems to be my minimum-, had a pretty successful music practice, with 7 segments of work, and... ate like crap.

-------------------------

Mini#1. Day 3.

I've been thinking about my eating plan. What I decided it's obviously not solid enough. 

Today I've made a list of all the things that go wrong with my body when I am in an hyperinsulinemic state, a pretty long list. It's scary when I look to it. Hope it helps.

Also, I've decided to plan my meals in advance instead of improvising everyday, because it can lead to more crap. First I'll try to improve breakfast, which will obviously help a lot with sugar cravings for the rest of the day. Then I'll improve the other meals.

• Like 1

Day 3. 

Summer activity: sunbath in the patio. 6.

Meditation, yes! 7 days in a row!

20 minutes of walking. For some reason I was feeling very happy and the sky looked extremely blue.

I got entangled in many chores today, which added to my workout have left me with less energy in the afternoon, so decided not to play today.

My mini time tomorrow will be used to organize my breakfasts.

Workout:

Dumbbell rows 6kg 10x10x10 each arm

Lunges 10x10x10

Kitchen table push-ups 10

Kitchen table diamond push-ups 10x10x10 They didn't seem more difficult than the others, but they are supposed to be so.

Step ups 20x20x20

Reverse crunches 10x10x10

Jump ropes 30'x30'x30'

10 minutes of mobility work

• Like 2

Day 4.

Started the day with a new recipe for breakfast. This one:

http://paleomg.com/breakfast-on-the-go-sausage-egg-cups/

mainly because I had everything needed at home. I reduced the eggs to 4, because I didn't have so many. But I used 2 sausages anyway. I thought I could not eat the whole thing and that I'd had some leftovers for tomorrow. Wrong. Even had place for a bunch of almonds. Paleotrack said it was around 850 calories, but I didn't feel that full.

Did my meditation and then went for a run to get my 20 minutes of cardio (30 in fact because I used C25K).

6 segments of flute practice and just laying to look at the sky as summer activity.

---------

Mini#1. Day 4.

I've looked for 2 more breakfast recipes. I plan on buying this evening some things lacking in my pantry and will try to prepare them tomorrow or during the weekend.

Trying to focus on how much work I am doing and not on what remains undone.

I have to rethink too about my music practice. Things are going really well, and I don't think I'm going to go up to so many practice segments as I thought before. I think that with 6 or 7 I work enough, and maybe I can go up to 10 on special days, but I am happy with how my control of the new headjoint is going and with the progress on Winter spirits.

• Like 2

Oooh, I get to see a mini-challenge in progress from a guild other than the Assassins' :)

interesting that you found the diamond push-ups as easy as the standard ones! Maybe you have your arms too far apart for what you consider "standard" push-ups.... or maybe you were better warmed-up after your set of 10 standard push-ups.... or maybe your triceps are much stronger than your pectorals, and you should do some wide-arm push-ups to strengthen the pectorals more, and maybe add in some pec flys or other exercises to target the pec[toral]s.

• Like 1

Level 25 Cyborg Assassin

[ STR 36.75 | DEX 26.00 | STA 28.00 | CON 31.25 | WIS 29.25 | CHA 24.50 ]

current 5-week challenge: March 2020

external websites with my resources for...

fitness & breathwork | mental math & mind sports | motivation & productivity

Oooh, I get to see a mini-challenge in progress from a guild other than the Assassins' :)

interesting that you found the diamond push-ups as easy as the standard ones! Maybe you have your arms too far apart for what you consider "standard" push-ups.... or maybe you were better warmed-up after your set of 10 standard push-ups.... or maybe your triceps are much stronger than your pectorals, and you should do some wide-arm push-ups to strengthen the pectorals more, and maybe add in some pec flys or other exercises to target the pec[toral]s.

I've tried your ideas. The easiest type is with my arms wide open (elbows far from body), followed by diamond push-ups (both with elbows near of far the body. Slightly difficult with my elbows near). Worst of all are "normal" push-up, with hands and shoulders aligned and elbows close to the body. This doesn't make any sense, right?

I've tried your ideas. The easiest type is with my arms wide open (elbows far from body), followed by diamond push-ups (both with elbows near of far the body. Slightly difficult with my elbows near). Worst of all are "normal" push-up, with hands and shoulders aligned and elbows close to the body. This doesn't make any sense, right?

Is this because you're quite petite so it's easier for you to balance this way?

It's the hyperman set

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten