• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Starpuck

Starpuck: Now with Less Filler (Grand Fitness Games Arc)

I'm gonna hit tomorrow running.  Like an awesome worker bee who has come to realize all her blessings at this company, and how lucky she is to work there.  And I'm gonna train new girl with patience, and kindness and awesomeness.

And I am gonna get up early and cook before she gets there, and I'm still gonna work out, but shorter workout so I can also eat lunch before she's back at my desk for training.

Basically.

I'm gonna rock this.

Because that's what Starpucks do.

• Like 3

I'm gonna hit tomorrow running.  Like an awesome worker bee who has come to realize all her blessings at this company, and how lucky she is to work there.  And I'm gonna train new girl with patience, and kindness and awesomeness.

And I am gonna get up early and cook before she gets there, and I'm still gonna work out, but shorter workout so I can also eat lunch before she's back at my desk for training.

Basically.

I'm gonna rock this.

Because that's what Starpucks do.

Go Starpuck go! Life is going to rue the day it ever tried to throw a wrench into the works of Starpuck!

Week 2 Final Score

Activity 6/6

Pull Ups 3/3

No Binge 2/2

Draw -/2

Outside of the drawing, I managed to nail this past week.

Monday, Thurs, Saturday were strength/pull up days.  

Tues rest.

Wed, Fri, Sun were HIIT, activity fun days (hockey, bike ride).

I did not binge on Thursday gaming night, and I played hockey instead of D&D on Sunday night, so clear there.

I also did this on Saturday before the 20 mile bike ride.

11846680_10207179012384016_4007547976258

This week is gonna be super scarce, but I am gonna try to keep up with my routine and get a good week 3 summary for you by the weekend.

15 minutes till new girl shows up. 

EEEEEEK!

• Like 2

RP!  Zomg, hi!  >.>    For this thing you are suggesting... are you saying to just track calories EATEN?   And see if I gain or lose weight, and then whatever I gain or lose, use it to like, reverse figure out what my typical TDEE is?

UfsKJ.gif

*wipes off brain splatter*

Ayup.  A bit of math, but pretty easy over all to calculate at the end of it.  Especially if you just tally the end-of-the-week Sum.  It's just a bit mind fucky at first, if you've gotten used to logging exercise calories.

Sorry the weekend sucked!  Hope things are better this week!

• Like 1

I have no idea what that picture is of. But it looks cool. Hahah

Also, yeah that's what I was trying to allude to as well with the calorie tracking.  Usually if you put in how "active" you are, it'll give you a general average of calories to eat taking into account that you are (or aren't) an active person so then you don't have to track your exercise.  It makes life SO MUCH EASIER.  And then you can adust from there, and try to just eat generally the same amount every day... or what I like to do and try to eat the same amount every 3 days total so if I am hungrier one day I don't freak out about it.

I have no idea what that picture is of. But it looks cool. Hahah

I thought it looked like one of these:

Maybe I'm wrong? But if that's what it is, it seems like kinda a lot of fun...

That's totally what it is.  A zorb ball! 

You get inside, get strapped to it via harnesses, then roll down a hill!

P5hXEdJ.gif

First day of training went ok.   It was super busy, like SUPER RIDICULOUS busy. 

Poor girl is gonna be overwhelmed lol.

I managed to steal eat my breakfast at work (Got up and got there earlier.)

I managed a strength workout, (But only 35 minutes)  So I could still eat lunch afterward without eating at my desk in front of her.

No snack... because I didn't want to be rude and it was busy.

Which meant, by the time I got home from work, I had eaten only 900-ish calories, and my daily carb total was only 56 O M G.   

Needless to say I felt UGH.

Anyway.  I need some ESO escape time, so tomorrow night I will catch up on stuff here!

That's totally what it is.  A zorb ball! 

You get inside, get strapped to it via harnesses, then roll down a hill!

P5hXEdJ.gif

That looks even awesomer!! And more terrifying!

I'm a bit late here, but thought I'd comment on what worked for me and tracking food.

Instead of being too awful focused on cals, I focused on macros. During weight loss i sety goals at 1 gm protein per pound of lean bodyweight and carbs at less than 100 grams with very low sugar. I used fats to make up the rest of my daily intake paying a little attention to what MFP said I needed. Now that I'm in maintenance I've increased my carbs a bit to less than 125 grams/day. For me, focusing on macros, and maintaining a weekly avg instead of trying to be exact every day works well.

PUCK.

I was on vacation and missed you.

* YOU. ARE. AWESOME.

* on our last night camping I went over to some drink loud guys and told them to BE QUIET. They sassed me, I walked away, and they totally shut up.

** this is to say: come camping with me, I'm aggressive with the loud drunks. But in a safe way.

* the calories thing! My work life is also so sedentary. I'm wondering how I can make it better. Walking more? Secret push-ups?

* are you telling your fitbit what the activity is? Vs the polar? Because at the end of the day, each of these tools are using equations to figure out the calories burned. It's so opaque - they never tell you WHAT equations. I find that if I tell the fitbit I'm running it says I burn more calories than calculated on HR alone - and I think that's because the empirical equations for running say I burn more than my hr does. I wish I could check it!

* hope this week is awesome.

Sent from my iPhone while riding a unicorn through the cosmos.

Hey man! How are things? Still crazy busy? I hope it's all going as well as can be expected!! Sending positive vibes Chicago way, I hope some make it to you!

(P.S. I call everyone man, hope that's ok by you...)

I thought about just totally ditching this thread for this challenge, and then I scoured the forums and realized that I have, at the very least 3 weeks until the next one starts.    That's too much time to throw away.   So I am gonna come back in here now that things are starting to KIND OF settle down a little, and at least post weekly intentions.  

My dad has left for home, so the post work out-of-routine-ness is over, and Tannis is still here this week, and training the new hire in her office, so I sort of have my work day internet time back.     It will be sketchy for a while, because once Tannis is fully retired, the new hire will be popping into my office often for questions.    Did you know the keyboard shortcut to minimize Firefox is Alt + Space + N?    Very helpful!   Sadly, it's a different shortcut for minimizing my client window for my MUSH games, so I am gonna get all mix-matched lol.

The past 3 weeks has been pretty awful health and fitness wise.    I've gained 5 "Flash Pounds" that I need to get back off, and I need to get back into my strength routine.   In a moment of, 'Something new will help motivate me' - I signed up for Nerd Fitness Yoga.     (Also because I think I could really benefit from the mobility aspect of it, and the stress relief aspect of it.)     I just now, have no idea how to fit it in.    I know that if I don't keep up with my strength training, I will continue to lose my pull ups which is really what I want to be best at.       But I can't fit in 3 yogas, 3 weight days and 3 run or hockey days.   I could double up sure, but I also don't wanna be crazy.     I could just say, 'do one of those three things, 6x a week' but if I don't focus them each a bit, some things will make zero progress, ever.   So I'm not sure what to do with that.

Anyway.   This week, the plan is the following.

1)  Eat your homemade foods for breakfast, lunch and snack. 

2)  M, W, F - go to the warehouse box and do some kind of strength training.     

This week, maybe, so as to not be depressed about pull up loss, do things that BENEFIT pull ups, but are not pull ups?  I dunno?   Inverted rows, DB rows, Hangs/Negatives.

3) T is hockey evals.    So fine on exercise there.  

4) Th run or bike ride.   DO NOT PIG OUT AT GAMING!

5) F watch Yoga intro video and get a plan in motion.

6) Sa dayside is Ren Faire.   Sa night is my besties 40th b-day party.

7) Su church, then draw.  

Also planned is to track my food, but not be OCD about hitting the exact calories that MFP tells me.    Since last week I really did just about nothing most days, I was able to get a general idea, of truly, what my normal TDEE is without activity.   And yup, sad as it is, it seems like on days where I am super lazy?  1750-1900 calories expended.     (These are the days where I don't take more than 5000 steps total lol.)   Days that I make 10,000 steps, but still haven't "exercised" - I hit the 2000 mark pretty routinely.     Add in some proper exercise to a 10k step day, and I'm hitting 2300.   Add in exercise on an otherwise lazy day, and I might hit 2100.     So what's with all the numbers I'm throwing around?     An attempt to simplify.

On lazy weeks I burn about 14000 calories per week.

On weeks that I do my planned exercise, I burn 16000-ish.

On super active weeks I hit 18000.

I'm going to worry less about nit picking exact calories per day, and just aim to be 3500 calories less eaten per week, than burned per week.     So I'll track.   But I am NOT going to freak out if one day my Fitbit site and MFP has me 'OMG OVER'.   Nor am I gonna freak out if on one day, it says 'man you need to eat 600 more calories.'      Because on the days that I double up, and play hockey, I am seriously not HUNGRY enough to eat 2500 calories.  So if I eat 2000 and feel fine, but then go over a few 100 on other days, I'm not going to worry about it.

Anyway, I am gonna try this for the next 3 weeks and see how it goes.    Basically, just aim for a sorta target number per day, based on what I THINK I will burn.

So this week's goal:

Monday ~1750

Tuesday ~ 2000

Wednesday ~ 1750

Thursday ~ 1850

Friday ~ 1750

Saturday ~ 1850

Sunday ~1500

Total calories in ~12,500

Which means I need to be around 16,000 calories burned.  

This is doable.   And NONE of those days look too skimpy on food in.   (Sunday maybe, but I plan to laze it up big time lol!)

Ok. 

Next plan of attack, is to go say hi to my lovelies.   I hope you guys don't mind if I just skim the most recent few pages on your threads... I'm afraid of feeling overwhelmed if I try to tackle many multi-page catchups!

tumblr_mpw448dpxh1rktnomo1_400.gif

• Like 4

...I'm going to worry less about nit picking exact calories per day, and just aim to be 3500 calories less eaten per week, than burned per week.     So I'll track.   But I am NOT going to freak out if one day my Fitbit site and MFP has me 'OMG OVER'.   Nor am I gonna freak out if on one day, it says 'man you need to eat 600 more calories.'      Because on the days that I double up, and play hockey, I am seriously not HUNGRY enough to eat 2500 calories.  So if I eat 2000 and feel fine, but then go over a few 100 on other days, I'm not going to worry about it.

Anyway, I am gonna try this for the next 3 weeks and see how it goes.    Basically, just aim for a sorta target number per day, based on what I THINK I will burn.

That really is the best way to look at it, tracking weekly averages.  I try to make it even easier by focusing on macros more than cals.  I set a minimum amount of protein, and maximum amount of carbs, I use the recommended cals goal to help make sure I'm getting enough good fats.  On Mondays I see how I did for the week and make adjustments as necessary.  I know I'm eating nutrient dense foods, so if I'm low on cals I don't worry about it because I still have good energy levels and feel satiated by my foods.  

I do believe you will be much happier with your new plan.

Also... great job on continuing with this challenge :)

• Like 1

I super love your calorie plan, and I think it's very reasonable. but mostly I super love YOU, and am super duper glad that you're going to be around for the rest of the challenge.

and don't worry! I've been slacking on challenge updates myself, so you won't have to stress over reading a tenthousandpage challenge ;)

I like all of your plans. Especially the one about not throwing in the towel. 'Cuz sometimes that's a hard one. I'm interested to see how this new relaxed tracking plan works for you, it's a lot more laid back which can definitely be a good thing.

Here's to the next 3 weeks!!

Starpuckkkk! So glad you're back and coming at this challenge from a new angle.  I sooo feel you on wanting to abandon it all together, and the flash pounds, too.. and the pullup loss (or deloading in my case) *grumble grumble grumble* BUT BUT BUT you've got lot's of upward mobility from here and 3 whole weeks, at least, to kick some butt in an epic 'puck-like fashion.

Glad you're going to make a particular effort to not freak about the calories, I know you've been struggling with that and I think it'll really help keep you sane :)  Sending good thoughts your way!

Good!  No quitting!  I'd yell at you.  Because you backed out slowly from the last challenge, too.  Bad habit to start there, missy!

Sounds like you got a good plan for this week.  NF Yoga is awesome.  My roommate bought it and I tried it for the first time last night.  It was awesome, and kind of exactly what I needed.  But I have the same problem as you - no idea how I'd fit multiple session in a week.  Yesterday got in because I skipped the dojo.  So I think I'm going to try 1-2 shorter sessions a week and see what happens.  I'm in no rush.

Mini-midweek-update.

Got back to the working of the out on Monday.   As I am not yet in any place to do serious thinking, I've decided to make use of the resources I have, and decided to do the NF BodyWeight program.   Obviously, on some things I may be more advanced on it than the beginning sessions; but it will be a good way to ease back in, and things I'm already further along on, I will just up the challenge.

So did that Monday.

HOLY DOMS ON TUESDAY lol.    

Decided to make Tuesday a rest day for two reasons.  One, I was super sore and tired (strange nightmares all night) and two, hee, my friend was able to play ESO that evening and we really wanted to get into a dungeon.   I know I know!  Sounds so terrible - give up exercise for video games?

I choose to call it, "Listening to my body" instead.    So the slightly altered plan is that I have hockey evals TONIGHT.   But will still do another bodyweight workout during lunch.  I am also choosing to bypass the free pizza we're getting.    Today IS a high intake day for calories, but I can't track the pizza and I chose to have my froofy iced coffee and double burritos this morning instead.

The weather has turned cool and grey here, which is TERRIBLE for my incoming S.A.D. time - so getting outside to run tomorrow is gonna be very challenging.    

Just so I have the totals written somewhere, weekly in vs out tallies thus far:

DAY        Out        In  

Mon       2098     1603

Tue        1733     1527

Totals     3831 v  3130

• Like 1

It's grey and moody here too. It always amazes me how much that saps my motivation. It's not even that cold, relatively (and I like the cold, so I shouldn't be upset), but those clouds.........

Good job listening to your body, and skipping the pizza!!

Ooookay so yesterday I won a few and I lost a few.

I did NOT avoid the pizza at lunch- they got it from my absolute favorite place.  I gorged myself on it!   And then chased it with candy.

That of course made me sick.  So I skipped dinner.

I WANTED to skip hockey, but I forced myself to go.

Afterwards, I had a beer.

But with no food in me, and skating HARD, it went straight to my head. 

So I hit BK for burger and fries to sober up before my drive home.

Not good.  Not good at all.

But, I fessed up to it on MFP...

Greaaaat, only 1300 calories OVER.    No problem.

Got back on track today.

Still sore - evals were REALLY tough.

(And I'm not keen on one of the new girls that showed up.   And since we're a no cut team, we're stuck with her.   ugh.)

Today, strength at lunch, then my yummy leftovers to keep me from eating out today, and then D&D.

Pizza and BK...  wheew.  That's the way I used to eat every day.  Now my body  would be seriously rebelling and demanding lots and lots of water.

Good job on getting after it in hockey.  Hockey is one of my favorite sports to watch and I cant wait for the Stars to get back on the ice.  I'm very impressed with anyone who plays.  

On a side note... One of our grandson's middle name is Roy, after Patrick Roy :)