• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Starpuck

Starpuck: Now with Less Filler (Grand Fitness Games Arc)

Countered bad Wed with great Thursday.   Didn't PLAN it this way, but I ended up at a 1000 calorie deficit.   I wasn't hungry, so I am okay with this.

Today - I don't even know how to count it and I'm not going to try.

It is Tannis last day and we had catered in food for her party.  We also had beer.  (I love my job.)

Leon Chicken, 2 strips roasted potato, salad, bread, meatball, and a cup of most.   A beer and OMG THE BEST CAKE EVER!

Tonight, I'll eat lightish and am gonna check out the yoga I signed up for.  Tomorrow bike ride and another freaking party.

I'll dance the line this week and next week should get back on the more ideal track.  

Hey, we do what we can do, right?

• Like 1

On a side note... One of our grandson's middle name is Roy, after Patrick Roy :)

A fine namesake indeed! (I'm a Habs fan)

Hey, we do what we can do, right?

Indeed. Seems like you're doing a good job of balancing everything out, even if it's not entirely intentional. But it's all about balance in the end.

Too bad about the less-than-ideal teammate. What is it you don't appreciate: attitude or play style? Or both? I've finally found a team to play with this winter, in a proper league, but I don't know anyone on it, so I'm hoping there aren't too many personality clashes, but there's bound to always be one...

awkward.gif

So I'm not doing a very good job of poking in here even after I said I would.   I blame it on ... um.  Hmm.   Well being pulled in multiple directions.   The 'new normal' at work is going to take a while to settle in, especially since it will likely be months before our new hire is comfortable enough to not run in and ask questions all the time.  :)  It's fine!   I just need to be careful with my 'non-work' activity and how quickly I can minimize my screens hah.

Despite not being in here, I am alternating between awesome and terrible on the goals front.

I do fairly well during the week on food and exercise but weekends still derail me quickly.    I have shed a couple of my flash pounds, and I think if I keep focused I can get back to the 140 target I've set as sort of my 'healthy, but can maintain' target.   I have a vacation to Florida first week of October, and I would really like to, regardless of where I'm at, just freaking rock a two piece and do so with confidence (fake if need be).

To take some of the stress off my exercise plate, I told myself to just follow Body Weight Level 1 (and do more where I can) and then use runs, walks, bike rides and hockey as my cardio/other exercise days.

This week looks like this thus far:

M-W-F Strength /BW Worktout.  Done!

T-Th Bike rides.  Done!

Saturday - Active rest or outside fun.

Sunday - Strength/gym.

Monday - Water skiing.  (First time ever trying, wish me luck.)

My calories in versus out, totals thus far, are.

9179 out, 6734 in - for a current difference of:  -2445

Mostly I am averaging cals in of between 1600-1800 a day.    My workouts are giving me 300 calories roughly, whether they are strengths, or bike rides.  (When it stops being 91 and 55% humidity, I'll get back to doing some runs.  Right now it is soooo hot and muggy that at noon when I'd normally run it just feels oppressive.    That does not make me WANT to do it, therefore I am not going to force myself to.)

As for the hockey girl; it's personality mostly Obax.    She's young, and based on her attitude and questions she asked the coach, she's looking for something far more 'hardcore serious competitive' than we can offer.     We're a bunch of middle aged women who took up the sport late in life, the last thing we need for our already low self esteems, is some punk twenty something eye-rolling at us and making us feel like we suck.

(Also, I totally stripped the puck from her in a massive battle, then skated it all the way down for a shot on net.    She can claim 'she was tired and thus not trying' all she wants (yes she did say that to our faces when we complimented her on how good she was) - but when you are in the heat of a battle, there is no way you don't try in that moment.   Definitely not some young hotshot who is getting schooled by a chick in her upper thirties!!!  And the way she was putting the body pressure on me ... yeah, she was trying.)    Ahem, anyway.  >.>

Things I am not doing well on are:

drawing

yoga

Things I am doing way too well on:

ESO and the RP involving it!      I should totes share my character's little journal gossip.  >.>

Anyway.    I really do want to get back into the grind here.     But I think it's gonna be kinda hit or miss still for a bit.  I promise to get better, slowly but surely.

• Like 1

...(Also, I totally stripped the puck from her in a massive battle, then skated it all the way down for a shot on net.    She can claim 'she was tired and thus not trying' all she wants (yes she did say that to our faces when we complimented her on how good she was) - but when you are in the heat of a battle, there is no way you don't try in that moment.   Definitely not some young hotshot who is getting schooled by a chick in her upper thirties!!!  And the way she was putting the body pressure on me ... yeah, she was trying.)    Ahem, anyway.  >.>

^5  That's what she gets for messing with a Rebel Assassin.

Glad things are going well for you, more or less. It sounds like you've found a good plan to get you through and are sticking with it, so yay for that!!! I feel ya on the humidity and running, it's been a challenge. It finally broke around here last night and I was able to get out tonight, but for the past couple of weeks it was probably the hardest thing in the world to run around the block...

Reading about your new teammate, my incessantly positive nature was all like 'Maybe things'll settle and she'll end up having a great attitude and teaching all kinds of good stuff', but then I read the bit about the 'tired and not trying hard' and was like, 'Oh, well, so much for that thought....' These are the ones I hate playing with the most. Playing against them is fun, because they're rarely as good as they think they are and as soon as you pressure them they give up and get mad. Playing with them results in a lot of eye rolls and a lot of ignoring. Good luck with it! Just remember why you're there and play your game, and vent here when you need to, and it'll be all good.

^5  That's what she gets for messing with a Rebel Assassin.

Indeed. Someone should have warned her...

aw friend, I am also having a super hard time checking in at nf and I MISS IT ALL and I MISS YOU but you know, life. gotta pay the bills, etc. we will find our new balance.

Hey all.    I managed  really decent M-F again last week, food and exercise.  And once more the weekend betrayed me.   I was active all right!   But weekend is all eating out it seems, and hard to track.

Saturday I spent 3 hours shopping (to a total of 13,000 steps and $350 in nicer than jeans and tee's clothing) and Sunday I edged, weedwacked, cut the grass, hand washed and waxed my car.  

Monday?   I did a new thing.   First time trying this out!

It was sooooooo fun.   And I KNOW it was a great workout.     The good news / bad news is, I LOVE SKIING!  I'd love to do more of it.    The bad news is - that weird left arm/shoulder/weirdness I was having issues with?  And so stopped bench pressing altogether?   HOLY CRAP IT IS BACK AND WORSE THAN EVER.

/sigh

So I am going to make a call to get in with Moe at Athletico, get a free screening, and then go to a doc, and see if I can get some rehab ordered.   This is ridiculous. 

Getting my head in order for the next challenge.   I think I know what I need to focus on the most.    And I may have to just let exercise come as it comes, especially since I might be in therapy.   (Hopefully)   Runs, hockey, bikes, lifting, yoga.    I might just have to say, 'Exercise'.   And not worry about how many sessions of each thing I land a week.   I can't figure it out though- I know if I don't do the strength stuff a certain amount of times per week, I'll not make any progress, or even LOSE some.    So maybe just focus on that, and fill in with the other stuff?

I'm really looking forward to getting back into routine here and with the challenges.   This winter is gonna be the winter I LOSE 5lbs instead of gain 15.  

• Like 1

Boo to the return of arm pain. I know that feel, though I feel like yours is significantly more... more than mine. But yay to trying new things!!! That's one thing I really like about your challenges, there are all sort of new things and cool experiences, it seems like you're the kind of person who just jumps in with both feet, and I admire that.

When you list out all those things you like to do/want to do, it seems like a lot. It's hard when you want to do all thing things but don't have the time to really focus on any of them. But you keep going to back to not wanting to lose ground on the strength stuff (I've noticed you've mentioned that many times over the course of several challenges), so maybe your idea to focus on that and just have fun with the others is a thing to try, see how it goes.

I'm really looking forward to getting back into routine here and with the challenges.   This winter is gonna be the winter I LOSE 5lbs instead of gain 15.  

Yeah! That's the spirit!!