Mens et Manus

AlleyKat

My first challenge I completed with maintaining all my goals. It was very difficult, but I did it and was super-duper happy about it. My next 2 challenges I really messed up. I set goals that were very challenging and built on top of my first challenge (so I would have to maintain those goals to achieve the next). I was also in the process of finishing RN school and starting a new job. After that, I stopped doing challenges for awhile. I got a gym membership a few weeks ago and have started a 5x5 lifting program. I love the way it makes me feel, and I LOVE knowing I can.

I tried to tone down my goals this time around and build up my confidence again.

Main Goal: Get stronger and lose inches

Specific Goals:

A.    Lift at least 2x a week (I have 3 12 hour shifts a week on my feet, sometimes 4)

B.    First 2 weeks = 3 diet cokes a day; Second 2 weeks = 2/day; Last 2 = 1/day

C.    Cut out bread/crackers/cake type foods – if I’m not sure, it doesn’t go in the pie hole. Pie also doesn’t go in the pie hole….

Life Side Quest: Clean one room per week

• Like 2

AlleyKat - Level 2 - Astro Mycologist

STR - 5, DEX - 2, STA - 4, CON - 2, WIS - 5, CHA - 2

The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together.

-Carl Sagan

I have meals planned for Monday and Tuesday at work....I worked yesterday and I'm on today as well.

I had 3 sodas yesterday, and only brought 3 with me today.

I'm pretty tight (not really sore) feeling from my last workout so I also found a list with a few yoga poses to do tonight before bed.

I think my bedroom will be the first room attacked.

• Like 1

The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together.

-Carl Sagan

Thanks fearlesscreek!

Ok, so I worked 4 12 hour shifts (Sat-Tues), with the vast majority of the time on my feet, some CPR involved (a few rounds - if you've never done CPR, it's ridiculously taxing). Changed my diet up, for some reason I haven't been eating as much protein as normal and more fruit (lack of planning). Haven't gotten enough sleep for all of that.

I had strength losses in the gym today. I've only been barbell training for about 3-4 weeks.

I'm going to do less OT and be more vigilant with the proteins and ignore kcals. I usually work my 3 days in a row, and maybe that needs to be split up, but I'll try that as a last resort.

-Carl Sagan