AthenaMM Finds Her Strength

AthenaMM

Thanks you two! When I started working on getting more activity in January 2014 my goal was only 6,000 a day. I just kept upping it every time the old number became a habit and now I'm trying to make 12,000 a habit.

Saturday August 1 - Day 6

I did the BBWW today so I've done the 2 strength workouts for the week. I did 2 sets with no rest between. I did 22 squats, 10 push-ups with the yoga blocks in the first set, but 11 push-ups in the second set. I tried to do 11 the first time but I couldn't get all the way back up, but I managed the second time for some reason. I also did 20 split lunges, 14 dumbbell rows with 14 lbs, a 37 second plank and 30 jumping jacks.

I didn't work on the push-ups outside the BBWW

I ate 6 fruits and veggies

And I did my evening routine.

All in all a good day. I also did my morning yoga, the BBWW was my workout and I stayed within my hunger ratings.

• Like 5

Battle Log

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Fitbit, Epic Quest Character

...All in all a good day. I also did my morning yoga, the BBWW was my workout and I stayed within my hunger ratings.

Speaking of habits, looks like you are developing more good ones :)

• Like 1

Barbarian Assassin / Level 5

STR: 16.5 | DEX: 4.8 | STA: 8.9 | CON: 8.7 | WIS: 6.6 | CHA: 6.8

My Current Six Week Challenge - Jrosto - A Barbarian Cleans Up His Act

Previous Challenges - #1, #2, #3, #4

My NF Introduction Post : My MDA Journal : My MDA Phase 1 Success Story

Simple & Sinister Workout Log

Keep Calm and Send in the Penguins!

Unfortunately my mind seemed to decide I needed to take a "rest" day with the eating too. I've only eaten 3 fruits and veggies today and didn't stick with my hunger ratings for one of my meals. I did well with the hunger ratings all the rest of the time though. So even though I was eating junk food, at least I wasn't overeating it most of the time.

The truth is I had a good time today. I watched some Netflix, vegged out and ate junk food. I feel a little guilty now that I'm having to post it, but I didn't feel particularly guilty at the time. I was intentionally taking a rest from exercise, but I hadn't intended to eat the junk food. Maybe next time I know I'm taking a rest day, I'll try to plan some healthy food that still feels indulgent.

I've started being a lot nicer to myself when I have days where I eat more than I planned. I know I can stick to the calorie allowances now, so I don't feel like those days that I feel like I am going to overeat are about greed or poor eating habits anymore. I think there are times that our bodies just need more, we are all pushing ourselves physically as well as watching our food intake.

I feel like the week between challenges, where I ate too much on 3 or 4 days has benefited me this week, I think it jolted my metabolism and kick-started my weight loss again (it had seemed to slow down, then stop by the end of the last challenge).

So don't feel guilty, enjoy those days when you have them and then get straight back to work, knowing that your body is fueled for the next day.

• Like 3

Level - 3               Race - Vampire               Class - Assassin

STR 6 | DEX 7 | STA 5 | CON 4 | WIS 3 | CHA 6

Weight loss ( Highest weight 224lb / Current weight 186.0lb / Goal weight 175lb )

77.6%
77.6%

Current challenge

Battle log

Previous challenges = 2 , 1

I've started being a lot nicer to myself when I have days where I eat more than I planned. I know I can stick to the calorie allowances now, so I don't feel like those days that I feel like I am going to overeat are about greed or poor eating habits anymore. I think there are times that our bodies just need more, we are all pushing ourselves physically as well as watching out food intake.

I feel like the week between challenges, where I ate too much on 3 or 4 days has benefited me this week, I think it jolted my metabolism and kick-started my weight loss again (it had seemed to slow down, then stop by the end of the last challenge).

So don't feel guilty, enjoy those days when you have them and then get straight back to work, knowing that your body is fueled for the next day.

That is an excellent way to look at it ElemHH. I'm going to work really hard to look at it that way, because that completely removes the emotion/guilt from the process and I know I'll respond better to that.

Speaking of habits, looks like you are developing more good ones :)

That's my plan jrosto! All of the progress that I've made up to this point has come from me creating new good habits.

You are rocking the first week!

Thanks Rowan!!

• Like 2

Battle Log

Sunday August 2 - Day 7

No BBWW today. I've already done my 2 strength workouts for the week anyway.

So far I've done 3 sets of the 6 yoga block push-ups today. I'm going to try to do another before bed. I was actually going to take the day off from that, but with the tribble trouble, I couldn't let the team down!

I ate 6 fruits and veggies today and I really had to work at it. We ate at a new restaurant and what I REALLY wanted didn't include much in the way of veggies. I just ate lots of veggies the rest of the day and snacked on a little fruit.

I did the 30 minute yoga routine for my morning yoga/daily exercise. I didn't stay within my hunger ratings for the restaurant meal (got too hungry because we shopped too long before eating) but I did the rest of the day.

UGH! I can't seem to remember to post about my life quest. Luckily I'm not having any trouble remembering to DO the quest, only the posting. So anyway, I did my evening routine.

• Like 4

Battle Log

Week 1 Summary

Two strength training workouts complete.

I'm working on the push-ups and have made some progress, but I'm not ready for real push-ups yet.

Ate at least 6 fruits and veggies 6 out of 7 days.

I'm also doing well keeping up the habits I started in the last challenge. I've done all the activity related habits this week, but ate outside my hunger ratings a couple of times.

And editing this one as well. I did my evening routine every day this week.

• Like 5

Battle Log

Sunday August 2 - Day 7

So far I've done 3 sets of the 6 yoga block push-ups today. I'm going to try to do another before bed. I was actually going to take the day off from that, but with the tribble trouble, I couldn't let the team down!

I was supposed to be having a light day too, then that mini happened. No one seemed to notice either, so I ended up doing three sets to try to boost the medbay numbers. These assassins plan on making us all fit and strong, whether we like it or not.

• Like 4

Weight loss ( Highest weight 224lb / Current weight 186.0lb / Goal weight 175lb )

77.6%
77.6%

Current challenge

Battle log

You did so well!!! I had to stop comparing myself to you halfway through your week, because I was like "Daaaaang" but you're doing a great job. I love, LOVE that you did 10,000 steps on a vegging out day, and you seem pretty chill. I normally say week 2 is for cursing and stuff, but I don't think you're going to get there until at least week 4 at this rate! :D

• Like 1

Week 1 Summary

Two strength training workouts complete.

I'm working on the push-ups and have made some progress, but I'm not ready for real push-ups yet.

Ate at least 6 fruits and veggies 6 out of 7 days.

I'm also doing well keeping up the habits I started in the last challenge. I've done all the activity related habits this week, but ate outside my hunger ratings a couple of times.

And editing this one as well. I did my evening routine every day this week.

giphy.gif

• Like 3

Level 4 Slayer

STR 9 | DEX 7 | STA 6 | CON 9 | WIS 9 | CHA 5

Challenges: Current 4 3 2 1

Battle log

Mantra for 2015: I am here

"Riskless is hardly worth your effort." Seth Godin

giphy.gif

Thanks Rowan!!! I LOVE the minions!!

Thanks ninjakitten! So far week 2 has started well. I was really busy yesterday and tired yesterday evening but I still managed to get all my stuff done, just no posting.

And thanks Snarky! As for my chillness, I've noticed that when I get on here to post about bad days it always puts them in perspective. I don't think I do nearly as well when it's actually happening. But that's a big benefit for posting the good and the bad on here I think. It's easier to let the bad go because you have visual proof of the good as well. Plus it's easier to see patterns.

• Like 3

Battle Log

Monday August 3 - Day 8

Monday was a REALLY busy day. By the time the day was over I had over 16,000 steps. I was really tired by yesterday evening so I didn't feel like posting. Plus my husband and I spend Monday nights actually paying attention to one another, no personal electronics allowed. We might watch TV, but not very much usually unless we have something we really want to see. Usually we talk, play video games together and/or hang out in the pool.

No BBWW today.

No push-ups today.

Ate 6 fruits and veggies.

Did the evening routine.

I did morning yoga and stayed within my hunger ratings except for one meal (a similar situation to Sunday, too busy and got too hungry). I was so active I didn't really need a workout, but I wanted to keep up my streak so I did a 5 minute walk. I probably should have done the squats or something but I didn't really think about it.

• Like 3

Battle Log

Monday August 3 - Day 8

...Plus my husband and I spend Monday nights actually paying attention to one another, no personal electronics allowed. We might watch TV, but not very much usually unless we have something we really want to see. Usually we talk, play video games together and/or hang out in the pool.

That's a great tradition.  

• Like 2

Tuesday August 4 - Day 9

No BBWW today.

I did one set of 6 push-ups with the stack of 2 yoga blocks. For the second set I decided to see how I'd do going down to only 1 yoga block. I managed to do one but couldn't get all the way up on the second one. My arms were a little sore after that, so when I tried to do another set with 2 yoga blocks I could only manage 4. I decided to quit there since I'm doing the BBWW tomorrow.

Ate 7 fruits and veggies today.

Did the evening routine.

I also did my morning yoga, took a 30 minute walk and stayed within my hunger ratings all day.

• Like 2

Battle Log

We hit "Post" at the same time for that last post :)

• Like 1

That's a great tradition.  

Thanks jrosto! We each have a tablet, a phone and a laptop and we LOVE our electronics! It didn't take us long to realize that we had to do something to make sure we actually looked at one another instead of a tiny screen! Plus there are two days a week that he doesn't get off work until at least 9:00 pm and it can be as late as 10:00. So those two days are pretty much a wash for spending any time together.

We hit "Post" at the same time for that last post :)

I noticed! And then I was responding to your last one when I got a notification that you'd replied again.

Battle Log

Tuesday August 4 - Day 9

I did one set of 6 push-ups with the stack of 2 yoga blocks. For the second set I decided to see how I'd do going down to only 1 yoga block. I managed to do one but couldn't get all the way up on the second one. My arms were a little sore after that, so when I tried to do another set with 2 yoga blocks I could only manage 4. I decided to quit there since I'm doing the BBWW tomorrow.

Even doing one push-up with just one block down is good, it proves that you are making progress towards your goal and that everything you are doing is working.

Monday August 3 - Day 8

my husband and I spend Monday nights actually paying attention to one another, no personal electronics allowed. We might watch TV, but not very much usually unless we have something we really want to see. Usually we talk, play video games together and/or hang out in the pool.

I agree with jrosto, this is a really good idea.

• Like 1

77.6%
77.6%

Current challenge

Battle log

Thanks, ElemHH! I knew I needed something more for the push-ups though so that I could work those muscles more. So I found a DVD box set that is half the thickness of the yoga block and now I'm doing push-ups with 1 yoga block and 1 DVD box set under my chest.

I also decided that I needed to up the weight on my dumbbell rows even though I haven't bought another weight yet. I'm currently using a dumbbell bar with weight plates on it and I thought I needed to buy another weight because the smallest increase I can make with the dumbbell bar is 5 lbs. Today I decided to add the 5 lbs and go for it. It was hard, but I could do all 10 reps in both sets. The last rep of the first set and the last 2 reps of the second set were REALLY hard and required loud grunting to complete!

Wednesday August 5 - Day 10

Did 2 sets of the BBWW today. I did 22 squats, 8 push-ups with a yoga block and DVD box set under my chest in the first set and 7 push-ups in the second set, 20 split lunges, 10 dumbbell rows with a 19lb dumbbell, 37 second plank, and 30 jumping jacks.

No extra work on the push-ups. My arms are really tired between the push-ups and rows today!

I ate 6 fruits and veggies.

I did the evening routine.

I also did my morning yoga and was within my hunger ratings except for one snack. Oh, and I lost another pound!

• Like 3

Battle Log

Thanks, ElemHH! I knew I needed something more for the push-ups though so that I could work those muscles more. So I found a DVD box set that is half the thickness of the yoga block and now I'm doing push-ups with 1 yoga block and 1 DVD box set under my chest.

Well done on Macgyvering your fitness equipment needs.

Congratulations on your weightloss.

• Like 1

77.6%
77.6%

Current challenge

Battle log

I also decided that I needed to up the weight on my dumbbell rows even though I haven't bought another weight yet. I'm currently using a dumbbell bar with weight plates on it and I thought I needed to buy another weight because the smallest increase I can make with the dumbbell bar is 5 lbs. Today I decided to add the 5 lbs and go for it. It was hard, but I could do all 10 reps in both sets. The last rep of the first set and the last 2 reps of the second set were REALLY hard and required loud grunting to complete!

Wednesday August 5 - Day 10

Did 2 sets of the BBWW today. I did 22 squats, 8 push-ups with a yoga block and DVD box set under my chest in the first set and 7 push-ups in the second set, 20 split lunges, 10 dumbbell rows with a 19lb dumbbell, 37 second plank, and 30 jumping jacks.

No extra work on the push-ups. My arms are really tired between the push-ups and rows today!

I ate 6 fruits and veggies.

I did the evening routine.

I also did my morning yoga and was within my hunger ratings except for one snack. Oh, and I lost another pound!

Awesome progress and inventiveness!

• Like 1

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 11   Charisma 14   Strength 18  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

I agree with everyone else, you are really rocking it :)

• Like 1

Thanks everyone! 

I loved watching MacGyver when I was a kid, ElemHH, so thanks for the blast from the past!

I haven't been getting enough sleep the last few days. Partly because I'm reading a really good book and I keep staying up too late and partly because my allergies are acting up and I'm having trouble sleeping. I'm free tomorrow so I'm going to have a nice relaxing day. I'm still going to do all my challenge stuff, but otherwise nothing productive. I'm going to read, watch tv, hang out in the pool and maybe nap!

Thursday August 6 - Day 11

No BBWW today (1/2 done for the week)

No push-ups, my chest and shoulders were sore today.

Ate 6 fruits and veggies.

Did my evening routine.

I also did morning yoga, walked for 40 minutes and stayed within my hunger ratings today.

• Like 2

Battle Log