• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

AthenaMM

AthenaMM Finds Her Strength

I haven't been getting enough sleep the last few days. Partly because I'm reading a really good book and I keep staying up too late and partly because my allergies are acting up and I'm having trouble sleeping. I'm free tomorrow so I'm going to have a nice relaxing day. I'm still going to do all my challenge stuff, but otherwise nothing productive. I'm going to read, watch tv, hang out in the pool and maybe nap!

Sounds like a nice, relaxing day.

No push-ups, my chest and shoulders were sore today.

I'm not surprised, you have been working them hard. You've been doing great on the push-up work.

• Like 1

Having fun today and ignoring all electronics except my ereader. Thought I would pop on here right quick and post today's update.

Friday August 7 - Day 12

NOTHING!!

No BBWW, no push-ups and only 3 fruits and veggies so far.

I did do my evening routine though. And I did my morning yoga, walked for 25 minutes and sorta stayed within my hunger ratings. I think I might have overeaten a little at dinner but I just finished a little while ago so I'm not sure.

• Like 3

Not having a great couple of days. My allergies/sinuses are really acting up. They seem a little better today than yesterday though, so hopefully it will be over soon. It didn't get really bad until around lunch yesterday and I'd already done the BBWW at that point, thank goodness. Once the headache and stomach upset started I was pretty much useless the rest of the day.

Saturday August 8 - Day 13

I did the second BBWW of the week today. I did 2 sets. Squats - 22, Push-ups with yoga block and DVD boxset - 10 the first set, 9 the second, Split lunges - 20, Dumbbell Rows with 19 lb dumbbell - 10 first set, 9 the second, Plank - 40 seconds, Jumping Jacks - 30.

No extra push-up work

I only at 5 fruits and veggies, but that was because of my non-existent appetite the last half of the day and not because I was eating crap.

I didn't do the evening routine for the first time this challenge, but I just wasn't feeling up to it.

The BBWW was my workout, I did my morning yoga and I definitely didn't eat outside my hunger range because I barely ate anything after breakfast.

• Like 1

I'm going to go ahead and do today's update. I'll update it tomorrow (or later today) to include everything after now.

My sinuses are still draining today but my appetite is more normal. The headache still keeps coming back, but it also isn't as bad as yesterday and it does go away for a while after medication at least.

Sunday August 9 - Day 14

My BBWW's are done for the week.

So far no push-up work today and that probably won't change since I don't feel that great.

I ate 6 fruits and veggies today.

I did my evening routine.

My 30 minute morning yoga was my workout today and I stayed with my hunger ratings. That part still isn't hard because my appetite still isn't very big.

• Like 2

Aw man, I hope you feel better soon. You had a really amazing week AND you were sick. I know it's allergies, but to me that's being sick. Allergies can put a person down hard! If I could give you one of stickers/stamps, I totally would :-)

• Like 2

Thanks jrosto and Snarky! And Snarky I will consider my week "gold starred" by you! When I lived in Alabama my allergies could put me down for a week where I was completely useless. Since we moved to Texas I have a lot less trouble with them. They bother me a lot less often and even when they are at their worst it still isn't as bad as it was. I think I will be almost back to normal tomorrow. I haven't taken anything in several hours and I don't have a headache and that's always a good sign.

Week 2 Summary

Quest 1: I did the BBWW twice this week, so that is 100% for the week and 100% for the challenge so far.

Quest 2: I've made some progress with the push-ups. Though if I don't get to the point where I can do one real push-up soon, I don't think I'm going to make my goal. I'm going to start trying for a real push-up next week and working on them more often than I have been.

Quest 3: I ate less than 6 fruits and veggies twice this week. That puts me at about a C for the week. When I add the first week to it, I'm at a C+. I can only miss one more day if I want to get an A for this quest. This isn't a really difficult quest. The only reason I might not get an A is because I'm being lazy. I'm going to work harder at planning my meals in advance next week.

Life Quest: I missed one day this week, but that is the only one I've missed during this challenge. That puts me at a B for the week and an A for the challenge so far. I'm not worried about this one. I only missed the one because I felt really bad last night. I don't think I'll miss another during the challenge.

• Like 3

Quest 2: I've made some progress with the push-ups. Though if I don't get to the point where I can do one real push-up soon, I don't think I'm going to make my goal. I'm going to start trying for a real push-up next week and working on them more often than I have been.

Sorry to hear you weren't feeling great, hopefully you are back to normal now.

You have been making lots of progress in your push-ups, so not hitting 5 full push-ups isn't a failure if you are getting closer to being able to do full range of motion push-ups. Keep in mind that you didn't pick 5 because it  was something you felt you could hit with the right amount of work, instead it was a random figure to give yourself something to aim for, it is doing it's job, you are pushing for it and whether you get there or not, you will still have made big gains on your push-ups.

It's like the quote:

moon-and-stars-les-brown.jpg

• Like 3

You are right, ElemHH. Thanks for reminding me of that. I picked a number that was higher than what I first thought sounded doable, so that I would be pushed. It is definitely doing that.

I do feel better, though still not great. The headache hasn't come back and that is the part that makes it hard to get anything done. Now I'm just dealing with annoyances like my nose running constantly and sneezing a half dozen times in a row.

Monday August 10 - Day 15

No BBWW today

I worked on push-ups 3 times. Once I tried to do a real push-up but couldn't, so I did negatives since I was down there anyway. My negatives aren't very good though, so I did the partial range ones otherwise. I tried it with 1 yoga block again, but I can still only do 1 of those. I did 3 more with the block and the box set. The last time I did 4 with the block and box set.

I ate 6 fruits and veggies.

• Like 3

You will get that first push up in very soon, I can feel it.  Maybe you can try add a set of inclines back into your routine so you do get the full range of motion programmed?

• Like 2

But you are making progress! And working on all this despite not feeling so well! :D I'm always amazed to see these things. I'm pretty sure that's a point where I would have given up back before we started the first challenge. And now we just keep going and it will get better this way eventually... even if it takes more patience than we like. 

• Like 3

Unfortunately I'm not nearly that cute when I sneeze, Snarky. I'm definitely sneezing hard enough to make my ears unfold if they could though!

Thanks, ninjakitten and I LOVE the gif!

It's funny you should say that, jrosto. I was thinking the same thing so I did incline push-ups during my BBWW today (Wednesday). 

Tuesday August 11 - Day 16

No BBWW

No push-up work

I ate 6 fruits and veggies

I did the evening routine

I also did my morning yoga and walked for 10 minutes. I was going to walk longer, but I twisted my knee while walking the dog this morning and it was hurting during the walk so I stopped. I stayed within my hunger ratings as well.

• Like 3

Wednesday August 12 - Day 17

My knee was fine when I got up this morning so no problems there. Still having some allergy issues but they seem a little better every day.

I had decided to do incline push-ups today. I managed to do 2 with my hands on the hearth which is about a foot high. I got about halfway up on the third one but couldn't finish. I can't seem to find something that works that is lower than the entertainment center but higher than the hearth. On the second set I used the couch but that doesn't really work well since it compresses. I did 5 on the couch but could have done more. I stopped to try the hearth again but I couldn't even do one after doing some on the couch.

Today was my BBWW. I seemed to be a little weak today though. I did 2 sets. Squats - 23; Push-ups - Set 1: Incline on hearth - 2, Set 2: Incline on couch - 5; Split Lunges - Set 1: 20, Set 2: 15 on one leg, 9 on the other (there was a sharp pain in my thigh on the 13th of the second set, I tried doing the other leg but it still hurt so I stopped ; Dumbbell Row 19 lb dumbbell - 10; Plank - Set 1: 40 sec, Set 2: 37 sec; Jumping Jacks - 30.

The thigh hasn't bothered me the rest of the day, but I haven't been trying to do lunges either.  :playful:

No push-up work other than the BBWW

I also did my morning yoga and stayed within my hunger ratings except for one meal.

• Like 3

I can't seem to find something that works that is lower than the entertainment center but higher than the hearth.

Do you have stairs at home? If not, what about a step ladder? Then you could use the steps/rungs and go up or down as needed.

• Like 1

No stairs, ElemHH and the step ladder is too narrow.

And as ridiculous as it sounds, jrosto, we don't actually have any kitchen chairs. The bathtub idea however is PERFECT! I didn't even think of that I guess because I was looking around the livingroom trying to come up with an idea. It's about 4-5 inches higher than the hearth, but it's still pretty tough. I did 3 sets of 3 reps scattered throughout the day today. Three seemed to be my limit today but my arms/chest were a little sore from yesterday.

Thursday August 13 - Day 18

No BBWW today

I did 3 sets of 3 incline push-ups on the side of the tub today.

And I did my evening routine

I also did my morning yoga, walked for 60 minutes and stayed within my hunger ratings all day.

• Like 2

Thanks, jrosto! I am feeling like I'm making progress. Even if I don't reach the goal by the end of the challenge, I will get there soon.

Friday August 14 - Day 19

No BBWW

No push-up work. I want to make sure I'm fresh tomorrow so I'll know exactly how many inclined push-upsI can do on the tub.

I also did my morning yoga and three 10 minute walks. I didn't keep to my hunger ratings very well today though.

• Like 3

Quest 2: Be able to do 5 real push-ups by the end of the six weeks. 

you CAN do this :)    You've had great progress to date and more than half the challenge to go.  I'm rooting for you :)

• Like 1

Seems you're doing so well Athena! :) Can't wait to see how those incline push ups go. I sometimes start out with a few that are a bit more difficult for me and later have to switch to something easier.  :redface-new:  BUT it's really motivating when you get another "more difficult" set in etc. Measurable progress is awesome that way. (That's why I love that goal of yours so much I think.) 

• Like 2

Had stomach issues Saturday afternoon/evening that threw things off a little. They were gone today so it wasn't a big deal. I'd done my workout early on Saturday so it didn't cause any issues there. But I really didn't feel like eating ANYTHING last night so I didn't get all my fruits and veggies in. I can still get an A if I don't miss any more, but that might be tough.

Saturday August 15 - Day 20

Did my second BBWW for the week. I did ATG or full squats for the first time today. I did 17 in the first set and 14 in the second. I did incline push-ups using the tub and managed 5 in the first set and 4 in the second. The full squats affected my split lunges so I couldn't do as many as usual. I did 15 in the first set and 12 in the second. My legs were SHOT at this point. Since I had a little trouble with my plank on Wednesday I didn't up the time like I'd planned. I was able to do 40 seconds in both sets today though. And I did 30 jumping jacks in both sets.

I didn't do any work on my push-ups outside of the BBWW.

I only had 4 fruits and veggies today.

I didn't do the evening routine either. I just went to bed early and hoped for a better day today (and I got it!).

I also did my morning yoga and stayed within my hunger ratings all day. Of course I didn't eat anything after lunch but that was within my ratings!

• Like 2

I had a much better day today. I still have no idea what caused the stomach upset but it's gone now. My husband and I had a really great day together so I'm in a really good mood tonight. Plus I was really pleased with my push-up work today.

Sunday August 16 - Day 21

No BBWW (done for the week)

My husband made a suggestion that I ended up really liking. He said I should do the one push-up (or however many I can manage) on the hearth, then move to the tub and do as many as I could and then move to the entertainment center and do as many as I can there. That allowed me to really work my arms a lot more than I have been because I've been doing such hard ones that I can't do very many. I did 1 on the hearth, 3 on the tub and 12 on the entertainment center. That was earlier today and it wore my arms out. I'm going to do another set in a little while when they've had plenty of time to rest.

I ate/drank 7 fruits and veggies today (had some orange juice which is rare for me)

I also did 30 minutes of yoga this morning which also counted as my daily exercise and I stayed within my hunger ratings all day.

• Like 3