AthenaMM Finds Her Strength

AthenaMM

I like your hubby's suggestion. Before you know it you'll be kissing the floor :)

• Like 1

Barbarian Assassin / Level 5

STR: 16.5 | DEX: 4.8 | STA: 8.9 | CON: 8.7 | WIS: 6.6 | CHA: 6.8

My Current Six Week Challenge - Jrosto - A Barbarian Cleans Up His Act

Previous Challenges - #1, #2, #3, #4

My NF Introduction Post : My MDA Journal : My MDA Phase 1 Success Story

Simple & Sinister Workout Log

Keep Calm and Send in the Penguins!

Week 3 Summary

Quest 1: I did the BBWW twice this week, so that is 100% for the week and 100% for the challenge so far.

Quest 2: Still can't do a real push-up, but I don't think it will be much longer. I'm hoping that once I can do one real push-up I will have passed the "barrier" and the other reps will be easier to get after the first one.

Quest 3: I ate less than 6 fruits and veggies once this week. That puts me at about a B for the week and a B for the challenge so far. I can't miss anymore to get an A for the challenge. I'm not sure I can do that, but I'm going to do my best.

Life Quest: I missed one day this week and two for the challenge so far. That puts me at a B for the week and an A for the challenge. So far I've only missed when I felt bad, so this one is going well.

• Like 5

Battle Log

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Fitbit, Epic Quest Character

Had stomach issues Saturday afternoon/evening that threw things off a little.

I've had stomach issues all week, so I know how that can mess with you. I'm glad to hear that the problems didn't stick around the next day.

Good job on upping the difficulty of your push-up work.

• Like 1

Level - 3               Race - Vampire               Class - Assassin

STR 6 | DEX 7 | STA 5 | CON 4 | WIS 3 | CHA 6

Weight loss ( Highest weight 224lb / Current weight 186.0lb / Goal weight 175lb )

77.6%
77.6%

Current challenge

Battle log

Previous challenges = 2 , 1

Thanks everyone! I'm getting really excited about my push-ups. I was able to do 3 on the hearth today, so I decided to try floor push-ups (after a couple of hours) and I was SO close. I got about halfway up (maybe slightly less) before I gave out and it felt like if I could just get past that point I would be able to finish. I'm going to try again tomorrow, maybe I just need a longer rest.

And Snarky and elemHH, I'm glad we're ALL feeling better!

Today was a little odd actually. I slept badly and felt crappy and tired most of the day. I kept putting off doing my BBWW and was seriously considering putting it off until tomorrow. Then suddenly around 3:00 pm I started feeling great! I wasn't tired and had lots of energy. I was actually hyper. I definitely wanted to take advantage of that so I immediately did the BBWW. I was tired after that, but after a shower and snack I was back to feeling great and having lots of energy. And I thought I was going to have the chips my husband bought for my snack, but I realized I didn't really want them. Instead I wanted an apple and some cheese. Very, very weird! Very good, but very weird! I'm still feeling a little hyper now too, even though I've gotten tired (it's almost bed time).

• Like 3

Battle Log

Monday August 17 - Day 22

No BBWW

I did push-ups three times today. I did 2 push-ups on the hearth, 3 on the tub and 10 on the entertainment center all three times.

I ate 6 fruits and veggies.

I did my evening routine

I also did my morning yoga, walked for 15 minutes and stuck to my hunger ratings.

• Like 2

Battle Log

Tuesday August 18 - Day 23

Today was EXHAUSTING!! I ended up with over 15,500 steps and lifted a bunch of heavy stuff too. We're reorganizing the diningroom which we use for our exercise room. We got a pull up station (I smell a quest for another challenge!) and we're making room for it. It's still not done yet, but we'll finish this week. I also forgot to do my evening routine. We watched a movie while eating dinner and I didn't want to do the routine after dinner (which is when I usually do it) and interrupt the movie. I was going to do it as soon as the movie was over, but I forgot until I was about to go to bed and I was just too tired.

No BBWW today

No push-up work

I ate 6 fruits and veggies

No evening routine

I did my morning yoga, walked for 40 minutes and kept within my hunger ratings.

• Like 3

Battle Log

Wednesday August 19 - Day 24

I did 2 sets of the BBWW today with no rest. I did the full squats again and did 20 in the first set and 18 in the second. I decided to do the decreasing intensity push-ups for this too. In the first set I did 3 on the hearth, 3 on the tub and 4 on the entertainment center. I could have done more on the entertainment center but I wanted to make sure I had enough left to do them in the second set too. I did 2 on the hearth, 3 on the tub and 7 on the counter in the second set. I did as many as I could on the counter in that set since that was the last one. I did 20 split lunges in the first set and 17 in the second. I did 11 dumbbell rows with the 19 lb dumbbell in the first set and 10 in the second. I did a 42 second plank in both sets and I did 30 jumping jacks in both.

I tried to do a floor push-up but didn't quite make it. Otherwise I didn't do any more push-up work outside of the BBWW.

I ate 7 fruits and veggies.

I did the evening routine.

I also did my yoga and kept within my hunger ratings.

• Like 4

Battle Log

15k steps is pretty awesome. So are the PR's you posted in the Weapons/Shields Team. Good job!

• Like 1

Thanks everyone! I'm getting really excited about my push-ups. I was able to do 3 on the hearth today, so I decided to try floor push-ups (after a couple of hours) and I was SO close. I got about halfway up (maybe slightly less) before I gave out and it felt like if I could just get past that point I would be able to finish. I'm going to try again tomorrow, maybe I just need a longer rest.

And Snarky and elemHH, I'm glad we're ALL feeling better!

Today was a little odd actually. I slept badly and felt crappy and tired most of the day. I kept putting off doing my BBWW and was seriously considering putting it off until tomorrow. Then suddenly around 3:00 pm I started feeling great! I wasn't tired and had lots of energy. I was actually hyper. I definitely wanted to take advantage of that so I immediately did the BBWW. I was tired after that, but after a shower and snack I was back to feeling great and having lots of energy. And I thought I was going to have the chips my husband bought for my snack, but I realized I didn't really want them. Instead I wanted an apple and some cheese. Very, very weird! Very good, but very weird! I'm still feeling a little hyper now too, even though I've gotten tired (it's almost bed time).

It's good to hear you be excited by the push-ups, keep up the good work and you'll be there before you know it.

I'm glad we are all feeling better too, there are other people I'm following having stomach issues too.

If you figure out what gave you so much energy, remember to share with the rest of us, I could probably do with a boost.

Tuesday August 18 - Day 23

We got a pull up station (I smell a quest for another challenge!) and we're making room for it. It's still not done yet, but we'll finish this week.

Pull-ups feel great when you can do a few, but getting there can be tough. A worthwhile future challange though.

• Like 2

Weight loss ( Highest weight 224lb / Current weight 186.0lb / Goal weight 175lb )

77.6%
77.6%

Current challenge

Battle log

If you figure out what gave you so much energy, remember to share with the rest of us, I could probably do with a boost.

Pull-ups feel great when you can do a few, but getting there can be tough. A worthwhile future challange though.

I wish I knew where I got the energy, ElemHH. Because I would be doing it EVERY day. I also felt really good today. Not quite as much energy (no bouncing off the walls) but definitely more than I've had. I don't know if all the exercising and eating better is finally paying off or what. The weather has been different the last couple of days so I'm actually wondering if the difference is just that whatever was making my allergies act up is out of the air.

And pull-ups are definitely for a much later challenge. At this point I can't bend my arms hardly at all when I hang from the bar.

Thanks, Snarky! I saw that you chose fruit over cookies! That would actually be much harder for me than choosing fruit over chips.

• Like 4

Battle Log

Thursday August 20 - Day 25

No BBWW

I tried to do a floor push-up again but didn't do as well as yesterday. I decided to give my arms a break today and try again tomorrow.

I ate 6 fruits and veggies.

I did my evening routine.

I also did morning yoga, walked for an hour and ate within my hunger ratings.

• Like 3

Battle Log

Thursday August 20 - Day 25

I tried to do a floor push-up again but didn't do as well as yesterday. I decided to give my arms a break today and try again tomorrow.

Rest days are as important as exercise days. From personal experience I know it's too easy to do too much while trying to hit a goal, sometimes you need a day or two off, so you can come back to work fresh and strong.

• Like 1

77.6%
77.6%

Current challenge

Battle log

Rest days are as important as exercise days. From personal experience I know it's too easy to do too much while trying to hit a goal, sometimes you need a day or two off, so you can come back to work fresh and strong.

Yep, have to give those muscles a break so they can rebuild and come back stronger.

That floor push up is soooooooooo close.  I know you can't wait to finally knock it out.  I can't wait to celebrate with you :)

• Like 2

dance_owl_302603.gif_480_480_0_64000_0_1

It's time to celebrate! I finally did a floor push-up!!!!

I also followed it up with hearth, tub and entertainment center push-ups. When I tried to do one from the floor again later I couldn't and when I did one from the hearth my arms were SORE! So I stopped there and decided that was enough push-up work for the day.

Friday August 21 - Day 26

No BBWW today

I did a real push-up!! And followed it up with 1 push-up from the hearth, 2 from the tub and 5 from the entertainment center. That was all the push-up work for the day.

I ate 7 fruits and veggies

I did the evening routine

I also did morning yoga and walked for 30 minutes but I ate outside my hunger ratings a little.

• Like 4

Battle Log

^5 on your first push up. I am sooooo proud of you!

• Like 1

It's time to celebrate! I finally did a floor push-up!!!!

Congratulations, you've done amazingly. You have definitely earned whatever stats you put into strength at the end of this challenge.

tumblr_inline_ntcos089uh1t066w6_500.gif

• Like 2

77.6%
77.6%

Current challenge

Battle log

cf7e4a2b727662eb8dcb30a4a7f1ac5b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Thanks everyone! Those are fabulous gifs/pics! The Chuck Norris one cracked my husband up, jrosto.

Saturday August 22 - Day 27

Today was my second BBWW for the week. I did 2 sets with no rest. Full squats- 20 in the first set, 14 in the second (my legs were really tired by the second set); Push-ups - First set: 1 floor push-up  :triumphant: , 2 hearth, 3 tub, 4 entertainment center; Second Set: 1 floor push-up (but my form broke and my elbows flared at the end), 1 hearth, 2 tub, 4 entertainment center; Split lunges - 20 the first set, 14 the second; Dumbbell Rows with 19lb dumbbell - 11 the first set, 10 the second; Plank - 42 seconds in the first set, 37 seconds in the second; And 30 jumping jacks in both sets.

No push-up work outside the BBWW, but I was very pleased that I was still able to do 1 floor push-up today. I'm not sure I'm counting the one in the second set.

I ate 6 fruits and veggies

I did my evening routine

I also did my morning yoga and stayed within my hunger ratings.

• Like 2

Battle Log

Sounds like another great day :)

Our cool spell sure didn't last very long, but it was nice for awhile.

• Like 1