• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Alexandrite

Alexandrite finds the Intensity

wow, that is a lot of up and downs, kudos on handling them so well and keeping constant kind eyes out for yourself and your dear ones!!

I am a big fan of birth centers myself, loved having the wonderful midwife care and being able to go home a few hours after birth, what a blessing. With my eldest I couldn't as there was no birth center in town back then, but that was just as well as she came early and undernourished, weighing less than half of what she should have and had to spend some time in intensive care to start with. So being at the hospital already was a blessing then. Plus they made it real nice for us, called me on the phone in my room whenever she woke up to breastfeed (no matter day or night) and did everything to make it easier on us.

But the comfort and soooo much calmer atmosphere of the birth center with my other two kids was just heavenly.

Homecare help is the best!!!

was blessed by my mother-in-law visiting us for several weeks at the two younger births and she is an ANGEL. So there were no jealousy issues either, it wasn't like "Ugh now we have to share mommy with this new one" no it was "Yay, granny is coming!!"

She says her mom did it for her and it was such a help, she decided to offer to her daughters when the time came and boy am I glad to be her daughter :)

Will offer the same to mine one day, but can only hope I am half the saint she is...

How is your yoga doing? It often balances you wonderfully doesn't it?

All the hormonal ups and downs can have their benefits, too, as we then often loosen up on things we could not let go before or hadn't noticed being tight/stressed out on. Do you have any relief there? If so, it might make the blah days a little better to bear :)

So excited with you about the whole new precious human coming to you, squeeeeeeeee

• Like 2

Okay, out for a week or so, jumping back in at the end of our vacation to catch up.

We flew to Idaho to see my family! My birthday is today actually, and I woke up in a ritzy Hilton with my kids snuggling me and my husband offering me muffins. It was awesome. We ride the amtrak train home today along the coast, wooooooooo!

Every day I was either out going for walks or riding bikes on the greenbelt. I miss my bike after spending so much time riding in Idaho. I like to explore and casual ride. And I did the activity each time for longer than an hour, so hey, goals met!

I'm starting to feel better sea sickness wise now that the first two months are done. I still am super sensitive to smells, so that is what usually triggers it for me. I've been eating well and trying to keep up on my water.

My family has been enjoying freaking me out about the possibility of twins. We won't get an ultrasound for another few weeks, but yeah, it is definitely on my mind. My mother was pregnant with twins, and my grandmother on my father's side was a twin, so I have it on both sides. We'll see!!

Thanks for all the good words, it was encouraging to come back and find them waiting. =)

- Sent from my magic Navi-powered device!

• Like 1

Oh man, my birthday day was great starting out but tough by the end. The hotel was wonderful, but we got to the Amtrak station after a long bus ride only to find the train delayed. By over an hour. No help carrying our luggage and kids, who were so ready for naps. Then when it finally did come, it sat on the tracks for more delays, then more delays down the line. We didn't end up getting to the station home until 11pm. The kids got sleep though. But we came home to a house full of ants! I left a small plate of cookies from our neighbors in the pantry, not totally sealed. Ugh. We didn't get to bed until 12:30 or so cleaning it all up.

I ended up catching a pretty tough cold by Wednesday. It knocked me out most of the week. Being pregnant and sick, it just turns you into a sleeping log! I couldn't stay awake. And now that I'm feeling better my little one has it. So it goes!

I've gone for walks probably three days this week. I'm considering it a by-week because of vacation ending, travel, and sickness. Felt good enough to walk on the beach last night at least!

Well, chalk up the weekend and the past few days to kids both getting sick, then hubby! It's been a tough time.

Major development: we are probably moving back to Oregon. Life on the central coast is costing us so much, even in a trailer. And now we can't even buy a house (priced out of the market). So a job offer pops up and we are going to seriously look at it. They will fly us up to check things out. More to come later!

• Like 1

Quick wrap-up:

Vacation ended up not derailing me this challenge, which I had thought would be the biggest hurdle to continuing exercise. It was actually the colds and the stomach bug that me and the family caught after coming home that really knocked me off the schedule and I've had a heck of a time motivating myself to do more. Doesn't help with sick, sweaty toddlers hanging on me wanting to be held while they watch movies. At least I like lots of Disney and Cinderella, haha.

So now everyone is healthy again, including the hubby. I did get down to meal planning and I'm currently freezer-prepping a lot of food. Made my own cream of mushroom soup for recipes even. Just need to get my act together and finish it up!

I feel like overall I'm going to have to change how I do things. I was weeding in the garden yesterday and had some pretty knarly taproot weeds I was taking on. Woke up in the night with a sore tummy (I have totally already started to show) and sore hamstrings. Poor body posture and no warm up, plus not enough water intake. Then add on the strange quirk of this pregnancy, my stomach's dislike for tomato products? Wtf. I've never had issues with tomato products. And now all of a sudden my body will hate me the next day if I eat spaghetti or similar tomato sauce stuff. So I'm glad I'm meal prepping because only two meals out of 16 are tomato-y, and I can leave the sauce on the side I think.

Good lessons. I've taken down my Start Bodyweight chart as it is no longer going to be appropriate for me to use as I get a bigger belly. The move to rural Eastern Oregon is rolling right along. We leave Oct 9 for a 6 day trip up there to interview and tour houses, and my husband had a successful talk with his current employers. It's very exciting knowing we have the possibility of this new opportunity. I thought I would be bummed not going to Camp NF this time of year and now I find I'm too busy to even worry much about it. I have been sharing with more people in real life about NF. It's part of me, and what I like to do. I didn't give up on gaming totally when I became a family woman, so why not? =)

See you next challenge!