Feowyn Focuses

Feowyn

For those of you who do't know me. I have been a shrimp all my life. I thought that's just was I was stuck with until Steve told me that wasn't true, so I'm trying to gain some weight and build some strength. Both times after having my last two babies, I got into big trouble. I was very underweight and weak. With #4 on the way I am determined to not let that happen again. 

Mini Main Quest: Gain as much as possible (muscle and body fat) so I will have reserves when little one arrives probably around late Dec/ early Jan

Main Quest: Be able to do things. No more too weak or winded to even play with my kids. I really enjoy outdoor activities too and I'd love to be able to participate in those again. Next year at the zoo, I want to do all the fitness things they have set up throughout the exhibits (weird I know, but they're there) push-ups, pull ups, sit ups. I want to be able to pass a basic fitness test. I want to have flexibility, agility, control, endurance, and strength.

22969ae8fcce366f98d989db4a77b2b7.jpg

Goals

EAT, EAT, EAT: Last challenge went fairly well with tracking food group servings so I will stick with that. It's roughly the nutrition part of the 21 day fix on the highest calorie level.

Workouts: I've built up a collection of body weight exercises and categorized them by muscle group. I plan on doing workouts 5x a week.

Life Goal: I haven't done one of these in a while. I'd like to do one this time around, I'm just not sure what. I'll try to think of something these next few days.

Also, if anyone uses Teamspeak, my hubby and I have a server. You are welcome to join and hang out.  ts.megathirio.com 

• Like 4

Lady Feowyn Miread of Eldavar

You have no idea what you're capable of, you didn't create you.

Megathirio Discord- https://discord.gg/kr2YCJM   

Congrats on the new little one on the way!!!

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Walk to Mordor Spreadsheet

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

It's not so bad. I don't push myself too much. I have a list of exercises for each day and I do them while hubby and I are watching our show at night. It only takes about half an hour. I'm not trying to be super buff at this point, just slowly building up strength while gaining whatever I can. I didn't get groceries until last night so I won't penalize myself on the food for yesterday. I also had a training call for my business last night so no workout. My rest days aren't set so I can make this one up later this week. I'm still a little low on the food today. I have time to make  some of it up before bed. 

• Like 1

Last night was my first workout. If I double up, I can catch up. It's different muscle groups, so I should be alright. I'm having a difficult time getting 5 cups of veggies a day and I think I'm coming up a bit short on the protein. Usually I have:

green smoothie w/ greek yogurt

if eggs for breakfast- add veggies

spinach salad for lunch

(afternoon snack I usually don't get around to)

dinner- meat, rice/ sweet potato, veggie

(small something before bed, but dinner is usually late and getting kids to bed, blah blah so this doesn't happen either)

Obstacles:

I don't get up early enough

I miss at least one snack

I don't always clean up right away after a meal, so I have to clean before starting the next one

I lose track of time and end up starting a meal an hour late

All of these are fixable. I just need to take a breath, focus, and do what I need to do.

• Like 3

This week was kind of up and down. I had my checkup with the midwife. She didn't come out and say it, but she's concerned about my weight and it's connection to preterm, which I had with my first. Hopefully if I keep gaining, it can ease both our minds a bit. I gained a good bit this last week and that puts me at a total of 10 lbs since the beginning of April. I know it's nothing huge, but it's definitely progress and I'm not too far off from where I want to be. My ultrasound is a week from tomorrow and I am super excited. It's always reassuring to hear that all the organs and systems appear to be in working order and I terribly want to know if this peanut is a boy or girl.

I've done two workouts  this week and I'll do one yet tonight. 3/5 is more than half so...it's better than nothing? Our oldest had another VBS all week in the evenings and that totally threw me off. They had adult classes a the same time. We didn't go until the last night. There was a dinner before the classes...taco bar! Score! I loaded my plate with tortilla chips, beans, taco beef, cheese, lettuce and salsa and then I finished what the kids left on their plates. I was so stuffed, but I'm sure it helped. (Hello 1.8 lbs this week) The kids were so pokey eating that the classes had already started by the time they were done, so we just hung around until the outdoor movie afterwards. I finally saw Mom's Night Out and I loved it. 

This week will hopefully put me back on a normalish schedule. 

• Like 1

Oh guys, I am such a wimp. Last night I decided to change things up a little bit and just do a workout from a youtube video. Within the first few minutes, I felt it was going to be more effective than the ones I had been doing. Then I started having problems actually moving my legs. After doing a variety of squats and dead lifts (light weight at first, then just  bodyweight), it was time for lunges and nope. I tried to go down and my legs were jello. They would not move where I told them too, so that was the end of that. I made it halfway through the workout, but I would rather do half of a great workout than a full wimpy one. I'm taking tonight off because I'm still hurting haha. Maybe next time I won't overdo it, but I'm looking forward to it and the awesome changes it will  bring.

• Like 1

Oh guys, I am such a wimp. Last night I decided to change things up a little bit and just do a workout from a youtube video. Within the first few minutes, I felt it was going to be more effective than the ones I had been doing. Then I started having problems actually moving my legs. After doing a variety of squats and dead lifts (light weight at first, then just bodyweight), it was time for lunges and nope. I tried to go down and my legs were jello. They would not move where I told them too, so that was the end of that. I made it halfway through the workout, but I would rather do half of a great workout than a full wimpy one. I'm taking tonight off because I'm still hurting haha. Maybe next time I won't overdo it, but I'm looking forward to it and the awesome changes it will bring.

Do you know how many workouts I do where I have to modify reps, or drop weight, or take breaks? It's a lot. Good for you for trying something g harder than you're used to, and for being smart enough to only do what you're capable of doing.

You're a smart mama.

Jedi Knight - Current ChallengeBattle Log - Epic Quest

It turns out that muscle recovery, growing a baby, and fighting off an oncoming sinus infection was just too much for my body. Recovery was not happening and I was still in quite a bit of pain yesterday. I made a vitamin filled protein shake last night right before bed and that helped, but I think it may be best that I postpone my strength training until spring. I can't just it around all day so I'm going to do a lot of stretching and taking longer walks with the dog. I need to let my body have the strength to grow this little guy/ girl while chasing after three others all day. Right now we have boy, girl, boy and we find out Monday if this one will tie the game or really tip the scale. I'll be sharing with you all as soon as we tell the family. 

• Like 1

Hello all! Sorry, I haven't caught up with many of you this last week. We have been away more than we've been home. I'm excited to say we had our ultrasound today. Everything looked great and baby did cooperate, so here's the news...

sugar And spice

sugar

Baby is a girl!  For those of you keeping track, that's two and two and we can't wait to meet her this winter. We also had a great day yesterday celebrating hubby's big 4-0. We started with cowboy church, then had hubby's favorite pizza. That evening we went to a rodeo demo with barrel racing, bull riding, mutton bustin' (little kids ride sheep) and roping. After the demo we watched an outdoor movie at the arena about the man who started cowboy churches in the 70's. 

Fam 2

In actual fitness news, I'm still happy with my weight gain progress and I drank a lot of water today. I haven't done too much stretching, but with as much as we've been out, I've done a lot of walking.

• Like 4

Thanks so much for all the well wishes, guys. Unfortunately, this was not the week I was hoping to have. We got some devastating news about a family member. This doesn't affect my day to day life as we only see the family involved a few times a year, but I was quite upset about some of the details involved in the situation. I didn't eat like I should have and I'm down two pounds this week. On a happier note, I had my first event for one for my businesses and I didn't end the night in the negative so I'll take it for just starting out :) 

Thanks so much for all the well wishes, guys. Unfortunately, this was not the week I was hoping to have. We got some devastating news about a family member. This doesn't affect my day to day life as we only see the family involved a few times a year, but I was quite upset about some of the details involved in the situation. I didn't eat like I should have and I'm down two pounds this week. On a happier note, I had my first event for one for my businesses and I didn't end the night in the negative so I'll take it for just starting out :)

Sorry to hear about your family member. I hope everything will work out for the best. 

Great to hear about your business, though. Not ending an event in the red for a new venture is a positive!

Keep on taking care of yourself, Fey.

Jedi Knight - Current ChallengeBattle Log - Epic Quest

Last week was definitely better than the week before. I had some great gains and now just past the halfway point in my pregnancy, I've already gained about what I did total the first time (although then I started out with more). I'm pretty happy with this and I hope I continue this steady upward climb. Things are a bit crazy this week. We are getting ready for a camp out at the cousins' and leaving Saturday morning for a trip with the grandparents. It's stressful getting ready, but it will be so nice to get away from the day to day stuff.  

• Like 2