[NikaNika] Another Cycle Begins Again

NikaNika

Name: NikaNika
Level: 3

Note: Nearly a year later, I’m back and remaining amongst my fellow druids. I broke my five-point elemental system down into a sub-three point Body-Mind-Spirit system to help focus intentions in my return challenge. There’s a possibility I’ll be starting a new job in the next few weeks, so some things might change around if that happens… but they might not too; will see when/if it happens.

Main Quest

☽☥☾

Strengthen Body-Spirit-Mind Connection.

Body Realm of Earth

Commit to Daily Fitness Habits with intention to lose excess fat and strengthen muscles.

Spirit Realm of Akasha, Water

Accept Self in a Loving Present-Frame with intention to increase confidence and expand heart.

Mind Realm of Fire, Air

Allow for Strength and Progress with intention to ground purpose and channel passion.

Challenge Quest Breakdown

Earth
Mind: Devote at least 30 minutes every day to Physical Fitness

Body: (weekly based) Total of Eight Sessions per week.

• + Three Sessions of HIIT (15-30min each)
  • + One Session of Total Body Strength
  • + One Session of Upper Body Strength
  • + One Session of Lower Body Strength
  • + Two Sessions of Flexibility (most likely Yoga).

Spirit: Intention set to lose excess fat, shape body to desired proportions, strengthen muscles.

Water
Mind: Wake during Morning Hours to connect with the energy to Clean House.

Body: Practice Head-to-Toe Hygiene Ritual 4 days a week, cleaning all bodies.

Spirit: Invite Love and Appreciation in Self-view of Body Image.

Air
Mind: Check in with Recovery Record app every day for all meals.

Body: Cook/Prepare at least three plant-based recipes weekly.

Spirit: Eat with Love, Acceptance and Forgiveness as set intentions.

Fire
Mind: Commit at least 10 hours every week to writing, rewriting and editing. Upon week six, publish novella.

Spirit: Trust in my creative choices and when something feels complete, let it be.

Body: Take 3 minute breaks every 27 minutes of writing to stretch, move, and hydrate.

Akasha
Mind: Meditate upon the Tarot and my resonance to the Fool’s Journey.

Body: Sit/Lay/Stand in Stillness for 5 minutes upon Entering Space, Move as Feels Natural and Needed During, Sit/Lay/Stand in Peace for at least 10 minutes upon Exiting Space.

Spirit: Create Space for Connection with Source and Patron Energies.

Bonus Challenge: Spend 10 minutes daily to play with the cats.

Motivation

2n1x2e1.jpg

The Dreams are Endless,
This Life is Real,
Body, Mind, Spirit seals the Soul,
Allow Rhythm to Lead,
Trust in What Exists,
Create that Which Will.

STATS
Starting Weight: 180 lbs
Current Weight: 180 lbs.
Prospective Weight: 140 lbs.
Starting Race: Wood Elf
Prospective Race: Valkyrie

Attribute Points
STR: 4
DEX: 2
STA: 5
CON: 6
WIS: 7
CHA: 8

Grading Rubric

Earth Mission
A – At least 8 sessions per week / 30 minutes per day.
B – 6 to 7 sessions per week / 30 minutes per day.
C – 3 to 5 sessions per week / < 30 minutes per day.
D – 1 to 2 sessions per week / < 30 minutes per day
F – No time devoted to Physical Fitness at all.

Water Mission
A – 4 Hygiene Rituals per week / Morning Wake
B – 3 Hygiene Rituals per week / Morning Wake
C – 2 Hygiene Rituals per week / Morning-Afternoon Wake
D – 1 Hygiene Ritual per week / Afternoon-Night Wake
F – 0 Hygiene Rituals / Night Wake

Air Mission
A – 3 plant-based meals prepared / Daily RR Check-in
B – 2 plant-based meals prepared / Daily RR Check-in
C – 1 plant-based meals prepared / Daily RR Check-in
D – 0 plant-based meals prepared / <Daily RR Check-in
F – 0 plant-based meals prepared / No RR Check-in / No Loving Awareness

Fire Mission
A – 10 hours per week with movement/hydration breaks every 27 minutes.
B – 6 to 9 hours per week.
C – 5 hours per week.
D – 1 to 4 hours per week.
F – 0 hours per week.

Akasha Mission
A – Belief in connection, space and stillness.
B – Openness to connection, space and stillness.
C – Cynicism of connection, space, or stillness.
D – No stillness or connection.
F – No connection or space.

• Like 2

Awesome! I love the elemental focus, obviously, but its all good. Get some! :)

• Like 1

"Magic?" the old man replied, his raspy voice curling around the pipe like smoke,

"There's no such thing as that; not the way they mean...

There's sight, there's wisdom, and there's motion.

The rest is just...seeing what happens."

@ Munin; Thanks! ^_^

~~~

I'm going to be following Routine Youtube Videos for the Coming Week for my Earth Sessions, figured I'd post the titles here for reference. Will probably edit to move around during the week while listening to my body and where it's at.

Monday the 27 - completed, would repeat all three exercises again.

Foundational Mobility Workout #1 by Orion Lee (8 min).

Fat Burning Ladder for Toned Thighs and Sculpted Abs by blogilates (8 min).

Short and Sweet Stretch | 15 Minute Total Body Home Stretch and Flexibility Routine by jessicasmithtv (16 min).

Tuesday the 28 - completed, would repeat Lower back workout again and maybe the warm-up cardio. The other FitnessBlender videos were too boring to keep my interest past 5-6 minutes, so will have to look for another upper body and cool down routine.

Total Body Warm Up Cardio - 5 minute Warm Up Workout by FitnessBlender (5 min).

Home Upper Body Workout without Weights - Bodyweight Upper Body Workout for Beginners by FitnessBlender (9 min).

Lower back workout, with Dr. Eric Goodman and Foundation Training by Foundation Training (11m).

Kelli's Quick Cool Down and Stretch - Feel Good Stretching Routine for Morning or Night by FitnessBlender (5m).

Wednesday the 29 - completed, gentle and helpful, would repeat if needed again.

30 Min Total Body Workout for Weightloss - Beginners Workout - Bipasha Basu Fit & Fabulous You by Good Health 24/7 (30m).

Yoga For When You Are SICK - Yoga with Adriene by Yoga With Adriene (20m).

Thursday the 30 - sick, did not complete.

20 Minute Full Body Strength Training Workout by Kat Musni (20m).

POP Pilates: Stretching for Flexibility! (Full 10 min) Pilates Video by blogilates (10m).

Friday the 31 - completed, gentle, would repeat again if needed, but add another 10-20m session on that incorporates more back/neck stretching.

15-minute Abs, Butt & Thighs Workout (Abs workout, Butt workout, Thighs workout) No Equipment Needed by jessicasmithtv (13m).

Flat Belly Fat Burner | POP HIIT (12m).

Kelli's Quick Cool Down and Stretch by FitnessBlender (5m).

Restorative Yoga Flow - Day 22 - 30 Day Yoga Challenge by DOYOUYOGA.com (20m)

Meditation to Find Space Between the Breath with Meagan McCrary - DOYOUYOGA Community by DOYOUYOGA.com (9m)

Saturday the 1 - did not complete, still sick, though possibly last recovery day.

Fat Burning HIIT Pilates Workout - 35 Minute Pilates and HIIT Cardio Blend by FItnessBlender (35m).

Sunday the 2 - did not complete, actual last day of recovery~

Bikini Kickoff Workout | POP HIIT & Sculpt by blogilates (15m).

Fat Burning Dance Workout to "Bodypop" by blogilates (12m).

"Hot Summer" POP Cardio Dance Workout (14m).

• Like 3

@Neva; Yes, actually. Thanks for asking.

I use a spreadsheet in Excel broken down by Daily, Weekly, and Intentions categories in rows and By Date on the columns, then I colorcode everything; rows by elemental realm and dates by the day number of the week (i.e. day 3 is pink, day 5 is green, up to 7 days and then the color pattern starts over, so only 7 colors).

For each day, I will be putting either yes (for accomplishing the task), n/a (for the task isn't meant to be accomplished that day), or not yet (for not accomplishing the task yet). I'm going for a positive tone and so far I like it. Before I used to just put an 'x' for finished, 'n/a' for not applicable, and 'no' for not finished and the no's bothered me a lot. 

I, also, have the entire thing broken down into five tabs to split up the weeks (one July, three August, one September) so that I don't have to scroll to see information (just can look at it all at once) and it makes for a pseudo-progress bar too.

lol... guess I'm not on NerdFitness for nothing. ;)

But I also use a physical calendar that is set up next to my workspace where I write with pen/pencil notes and schedule reminders... I also use a meal tracker app, recipe apps, and a couple self-esteem/cognitive behavior apps on my phone and set alarm reminders now and then. ...Also, I keep a separate old-school journal to track intentions and feelings, which I use regardless of being in a challenge or not. Also, have a paper journal for keeping track of my writing habits and reflections towards that aspect of my life. On occasion, I'll use penciled quarterly calendars to track mood/appreciation in line-graph format too.

Oh, also, if I feel scattered or overwhelmed (like right now, I'm feeling scattered cuz I slept at odd/unexpected hours), I write out To-Do lists on a legal pad whenever needed to keep my head on and check-mark/strike-out what needs to be done in a certain order or timeframe. Today's to-do list is a straight-forward activity list to get done before late evening. :3

Knowing from my previous challenges, I like to update with weekly grades on my thread, then average those weekly grades into the final grade, so.... yup, I really enjoy data tracking! But it's all very casual for me; whatever works, works. ^_^''

Wow. That is a lot of data tracking! I think you actually have a more comprehensive amount of tracking than Presea, and that's saying something! :P

I wish I was that organized/motivated to track that amount. But I've found the level of tracking that works for me, which is just to keep in mind calories in and amount of water drunk, so I can self-correct if I'm too high or low, respectively. I do usually make a checklist graph for challenges, but not this time...

Anyway, I like the way you've broken down your goals. I'm doing something a little bit similar with the two "rituals" for waking up and going to bed that I'm trying to get used to during this challenge. I've split the rituals into spirit, mind, and body components.

Are you writing an entire novella in 6 weeks?? Or is this a completion of a partially finished work?

• Like 1

@Neva; that is an awesome name, heh heh. Perhaps I'll have to hunt down their secret hide-out sometime.

@JMitch; Lol, I don't know Presea, but it's amusing cuz she is the same age and lives in the same state as me xD 

It's all about what works! I have a great app that I've been using this past week for tracking water called 'Water Your Body' and using Lose It app for calorie/nutrient intake. I'm kind of new to apps, but so far it's been a great enabler to my tracking habit xD The Lose It app is cool because you can scan barcodes in and if it has the info on file, it auto-fills it in.

Good luck on your waking up and sleeping rituals! I think splitting things up into spirit, mind, body really helps with keeping things balanced and understanding our progress in a holistic sense. 

Sort of on the novel, I have some that I wrote last week and I was actually going to try and finish it in two weeks (because I'm crazy like that), but I really only got a few scenes and an outline done before I got bombarded with a bunch of life stuff. I really want to finish and self-publish it by the sixth week though, that's the goal! ^_^

I'm hoping to be done with the actual writing portion by the third week and rewriting/editing for week four and five, then doing all the publishing junk on the sixth week. It's so I can learn the process and kind of set up as an author for romance novellas because I'm interested in doing that.

Meanwhile, I cooked a great carrot and garlic thing today in the oven cuz I had some getting-old carrots sitting around. It was so yummy! and for so few ingredients. Here's the recipe; http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/whole-roasted-carrots-with-garlic

It's all about what works! I have a great app that I've been using this past week for tracking water called 'Water Your Body' and using Lose It app for calorie/nutrient intake. I'm kind of new to apps, but so far it's been a great enabler to my tracking habit xD The Lose It app is cool because you can scan barcodes in and if it has the info on file, it auto-fills it in.

Good luck on your waking up and sleeping rituals! I think splitting things up into spirit, mind, body really helps with keeping things balanced and understanding our progress in a holistic sense. 

Sort of on the novel, I have some that I wrote last week and I was actually going to try and finish it in two weeks (because I'm crazy like that), but I really only got a few scenes and an outline done before I got bombarded with a bunch of life stuff. I really want to finish and self-publish it by the sixth week though, that's the goal! ^_^

I'm hoping to be done with the actual writing portion by the third week and rewriting/editing for week four and five, then doing all the publishing junk on the sixth week. It's so I can learn the process and kind of set up as an author for romance novellas because I'm interested in doing that.

Oh, I use Lose It, too! It works better on my phone than MyFitnessPal, which seems to be the more popular choice around NF. (They do the exact same thing, though, so it really doesn't matter...)

Two weeks to finish a first draft of a novella... damn. o_o I guess I'm used to my husband's writing speed, which is about twice that long. How are you thinking of publishing it? (Self published?)

• Like 1

The assassin's have a term/cult called the 'chaossassins', they eschew spreadsheets and have mock-elitism towards it. Not sure if they still exist, people kept moving to the side of nerdy data keeping.

Hmm... the last two 6w challenges heavily used Google Sheets to track the minis and we saw quite a bit of spreadsheet wizardry! If the chaossassins were still around they sure kept quiet about it from what I saw...  

Glad you are finding apps that work for ya. :D

• Like 1

L2 Dwarf Assassin (w/ Druidic tendencies)

Current challenge: Seeking rest, focus, and peace of mind.

Previous challenges: RespawnTime to get mobile, & Building assassin necessities

@JMitch; Yeah, self-publishing via Kindle so I can learn that process and decide if I like it or not. ^_^ It's a fairly straight-forward romance plot, so for me, writing it is just a matter of sitting down and actually doing it. Once I get going, I tend to write a lot really fast. I'd say it's a gift... but for my larger works, I take just as long like I haven't finished any of my novels I've been working on for the past three years yet. Novella is a bit of a different beast though.

@ seth.e.shaw; Thanks! Spreadsheets and apps are amazeballs ;3

~~~~

I seem to have caught a cold today, woke up with a sore throat and feeling super fatigued. So, will be doing just a gentle routine of yoga instead of the planned exercise routine and taking it easy. *snifflesniffsniff* Hopefully I'll recover fast.

• Like 2

Thx. I'm feeling better today, not by a whole lot, but enough to move around and try out a calm yoga routine though. Back definitely needs to be stretched out after being in bed all yesterday, all my joints are super stiff @ _ @ Going to write some today too, see how much I can manage without overdoing it.

• Like 2

Get well soon. I'll try to send you positive vibes.

Your challenge looks awsome. I especially like the Fire Element. Stretching between writing sounds like a good idea. And I like that you are tracking your time for this goal. I like to rate some of my goals the same way.

• Like 1

level 12 Hobbit Monk (respawned September 2016)
STR 4 | DEX 15 | CON 16 | STA 15 | WIS 33 | CHA 24 | Halfling | Newbie | Fencer and Bookworm

Introduction | Character | Daily Battle Log | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 67 | 8 | | 10 | 11 | 12# | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | #### | 17 | Current Challenge

Spoiler

I'm exercising, because I want to get my stamina and strength. I enjoy medieevil swordmanship,  Tai Chi, yoga, aikido and fire spinning. I'm also a roleplaying nerd and a book worm. Let's fight the procrastination dragon!

Thanks for the well wishes/positive vibes everyone, it seems to be working so keep those vibes coming ;3. It looks like the worse of the cold is gone, I’ve just got some gunk in the chest and cheeks being stubborn, but otherwise am feeling better. I think one or two more sleep cycles will kick it out.

I’m really proud of my body for handling this, actually. When I was younger, my immunity was very poor, but for the past few years I have been strengthening my immune system and what it can handle (also, general system, but yeah). In the past, a cold like this would have taken me out for weeks and probably turned into a deeper infection, but now, it’s literally just a cold! I hope I’m not jinxing myself in proclaiming all this, but I feel very confident that this coming week, I’ll be able to continue on with my goals and soon again, enjoy feeling 100%.

Saturday went by pretty quick for me, I did a lot of spontaneous sleeping (lol, napping). But I did get outside and went for a nice sunny walk with my partner. Also am drinking A LOT of water (100 oz).

For Sunday, I plan to regroup and focus on Akasha realm efforts and meditation. I aim to focus my energy, line up my direction to mentally prepare for the coming second week. It’ll be an interesting week, early Monday morning I have an in-person interview for a position I’m very interested in. Then, on Tuesday, I’m supposed to attend an orientation for a part-time job that I got offered last week and tentatively have accepted since I’m not sure whether I’ll get the other position yet. I’m nervous about the stress, especially after being randomly sick, but I don’t want to reschedule because the sooner I know if I can get this job, the better.

I have a feeling Temperance/Balance is going to be a key influence in the coming week’s energy for me.

Motivating Image Time…

65e9b5115e516be79ff89db0d3315fb8.jpg

f0b6c6197e780b6bd8f7ca4fbb44e9bd.jpgc6cfa9f4f20ad106c721e7616f2cc04a.jpg

2wp4fp4.jpg

• Like 3

Yay, I'm glad your cold is going away and that you have a stronger immune system than you used to!

Good luck with the interview! I'm currently job-searching, too! Just try to be relaxed and open, and let your best self shine through. :3 And even if you don't get that position, it'll be fine, because you have the other part-time job. So don't stress!

• Like 1

Thx jaex, Jmitch for the good luck~

Well, my cold is officially gone today! whoo-hoo~ My energy and clarity are back to normal.

Interview went extremely well, was offered a job on the spot and am so happy to accept because the atmosphere seems really positive and beneficial. The co-workers were sooo nice and friendly while I was waiting for my interview. It is for an early-morning position (5am), so I'll have to tweak my internal sleep schedule some, but that shouldn't be too difficult with the cold messing up my sleep cycles anyways.

Not going to start training until next week though, so am going to focus on Writing, Cleaning, and being Active for this week. ^_^

Oh, and will be posting Week One grading and Week Two's exercise schedule later today~~~

• Like 5

Well, my cold is officially gone today! whoo-hoo~ My energy and clarity are back to normal.

Interview went extremely well, was offered a job on the spot and am so happy to accept because the atmosphere seems really positive and beneficial. The co-workers were sooo nice and friendly while I was waiting for my interview. It is for an early-morning position (5am), so I'll have to tweak my internal sleep schedule some, but that shouldn't be too difficult with the cold messing up my sleep cycles anyways.

This is wonderful! I'm so happy for you. :)

• Like 1

Week One

Earth: B

Water: C

Air: A

Fire: D

Akasha: B

Reflection: Having a cold threw off the grades some, but it is a good starting point to improve upon over the coming weeks. My conscious focus for week two is going to be on Fire and Earth, but also to create more specific time for meditation and the Water realm.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Week Two Fitness Video Schedule

Monday the 3rd - completed, I have done this routine before and it is long, but extremely worthwhile to practice now and then.

60 minutes Yin Yoga for the Spine. By Eckhart Yoga TV (55m). [Flexibility]

Tuesday the 4th - completed. Would repeat these videos again, particularly the HIIT Pilates workout would be a good check to gauge my strength progression over the next few weeks.

Fat Burning HIIT Pilates Workout – 35 Minute Pilates and HIIT Cardio Blend by FitnessBlender (35m) [HIIT]

POP Pilates: Stretching for Flexibility! (Full 10 min) Pilates Video by blogilates (10m). [Flexibility]

Wednesday the 5th - completed. Would repeat videos again, the Strength Training had an interesting blend of strength and balance, though the routine was slightly frenetic due to the addition of intermittent push-ups. I didn't perform it with weights, but it featured some of my favorite workouts. Lower back video is SUCH a workout and focuses entirely on the lower back!

20 Minute Full Body Strength Training Workout by Kat Musni (20m) [Total Strength]

Lower back workout, with Dr. Eric Goodman and Foundation Training by Foundation Training (11m). [supplementary: Lower back strength]

Thursday the 6th - completed. Would not repeat these videos again, except for the cool down video, which was extremely routine stretching.

Flat Belly Fat Burner | POP HIIT by blogilates (12m) [HIIT]

“Hot Summer†POP Cardio Dance Workout by blogilates (14m) [supplementary: cardio/fun]

Cool Down | Rebecca Louise by Rebecca Louise Fitness | RL Healthy (4m)

Friday the 7th - not completed. Day was off, and motivation was non-existent, plus sleep schedule was plain weird. Might do these videos on the 8th instead of the supplementary dance workout.

15 minute Abs, Butt & Thighs Workout (Abs workout, Butt workout, Thighs workout) No Equipment Needed by jessicasmithtv (13m). [Lower Body Strength]

Feel Good Stretching Routine – Fitness Blender’s Relaxing Cool Down Stretch Workout by FitnessBlender (15m)

Saturday the 8th - completed. Would not repeat the videos with the exception of the meditation one. Standing Fire Hydrants was a good exercise from the Kickoff, but narration was grating. Abs, Butt & Thigh was a little too advanced for where my body is right now with the exception of leg lift/pulses. Stretching routine was more workout than stretching, not a cool down I'm looking for.

Bikini Kickoff Workout | POP HIIT & Sculpt by blogilates (15m) [HIIT]

+ 15 minute Abs, Butt & Thighs Workout (Abs workout, Butt workout, Thighs workout) No Equipment Needed by jessicasmithtv (13m). [Lower Body Strength]

+ Feel Good Stretching Routine – Fitness Blender’s Relaxing Cool Down Stretch Workout by FitnessBlender (15m)

Fat Burning Dance Workout to “Bodypop†by blogilates (12m). [supplementary: cardio]

Grounding Your Presence, Meditation with Esther Teule by Eckhart Yoga (7m).

Sunday the 9th - not completed. Slept during the day and didn't get around to it. Going to move videos onto Monday.

5 Min Fix: Upper Body Workout For All Levels No Equipment Home Fitness by jessicasmithtv (5m) [upper Body Strength]

The Strong Wrists Workout – Help Prevent Wrist Pain With These Exercises for Strength + Flexibility by jessicasmithtv (10m) [supplementary]

45 Minute Hip Opening Yoga Class by Eckhart Yoga (40m) [supplementary]

• Like 2

Small update; Sleep and eating schedule has been weird. Parts of my keyboard died from an electrical short which has slowed down my typing (using a virtual touch keyboard along with remaining keys and laptop). My head has been in a weird space and it's tricky to describe, I think I'm mentally prepping for starting training for the new job this coming Tuesday. I'm aiming to play a long game, so I'm getting my headspace to the place it needs to be (or where I think it needs to be, that is).

My novella draft is 45% finished. I hope to pass 50% by the end of Monday, goal-wise shooting for 75% of my intended word count. I did a lot of rewriting instead of new-writing, so as long as I commit about 4-8 hours in the next 3 days to actual writing, I should be able to make that goal. Once the draft word count is 100%, I will be doing a read-through/quick rewrite, then will beg my partner to edit it for me (he used to be a copy editor) and provided that he does and that I'm able to keep focus while starting work, I'll be moving forward with the publishing process during week four (figuring out a book cover, synopsis, author profile, etc.).

Body is doing well, but I feel like I should be eating better than I have been these last few days or something. But I'm taking vitamins and otherwise, getting plenty of fat/carbs/protein/minerals/calcium/water, so I'm not sure what I might be missing or what's causing the feeling. Maybe it's too much sugar since I had soda this week, plus some sugary other stuff.

So, today's agenda is...

- Finish Earth Realm Daily Mission (videos) (50m)

- Wash and Rinse Dishes (1-3 hours)

- Record meals on RR app.

- Go Shopping; Find a New USB-Keyboard. 

- Go Sleep Sometime between 7-9 pm. ; ended up passing out around 3 pm, woke up around midnight.

Moving some things to tomorrow + Monday's agenda...

- Take out Recycling.

- Finish Dishes

- Clean and Sort Closet

- Set aside Business Casual pieces for training

- Go Shopping: Get a pair of nice dark-denim work jeans and supportive tanktop. Get replacement light bulbs.

- Sleep between 7-9 pm: went to sleep around 2 pm, woke up around 10pm.

- Write for about 3 hours.

• Like 3