• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Swatches

Swatches' Challenge 3: Life Goals

Hello! This is my third challenge, and like all the others, it's mainly to hold me accountable about keeping my life in check. That means taking care of the basics, which are: 

1. Getting enough sleep: 7-8 hrs, daily

2. Eating healthy, and not too much: IF 16:8 method 4 or five days a week, and one or two 24hr fasting days a week

(also at least one meal with veggies per day, and only a little chocolate, pastries, chips/candy, ice cream, etc.)

3. Exercise: 1 hour a day, five days a week 

Soo, pretty simple, except I kind of have control issues. Like, if there's food in the house I'll eat it, even if I don't really like it or am already full (I usually just keep my fridge empty nowadays to fix that). If there's something I need to do or read, I'll do it even though I should sleep. I do well if I feel like I'm being held accountable or if there's a challenge of some sort, which is why I love NerdFitness so much. Anyway, I'll keep an update by using the progress bars in my signature. Previously, I  didn't actually write here too often, just because talking to myself seems sort of weird, and I usually keep real paper logs for the food. But I'm trying to be better about it, and I do look regularly, so if you say something I totally will respond :)

My secondary goal would be to participate in all the mini-challenges. I will, however, be moving midway through, both to a new apartment and a new college, so it might be rough. We'll see how it goes.

Oh, I would like to lose weight too, but I'd rather do it slow and steady and gain muscle. Skill and health over size. Also, I'm already at 1200-1400 kcal a day usually, so I can't cut too much more on food anyway. I primarily do at home bodyweight exercises and cardio, mainly Jillian Michaels dvds, and a little bit of yoga. I used to jog, but there aren't any good places around here. My new campus should be good for that though, so maybe next challenge. 

For sleep, ah, I don't know? It's just always the thing that gets put on the backburner, because there's work to be done, or schoolwork I need to get done, or hell, even just because I found a good book. Even right now, for the past two days I only got 5 hrs of sleep each night. I know it's important, but I don't act like it is. I just need to remember that sleep deprivation will screw up my brain really badly. So I'm trying to fix that. A large portion of it will also come down to doing the stuff I need to do in the day, not last minute at night. 

I don't cook (partially because I don't have any cooking stuff and it's not allowed in my apartment, but really, I just don't like cooking), but I do do salads, because they don't require heat or funny implements and whatnot, just a cutting board and a knife. Easy to make and easy to clean. I live right next to a market currently, and there's tons of cheap food there, both fresh veggies and ready-cooked meals, BBQ and grilled chicken, fried fish, etc. There's tons of food all around really, so it's not really a problem. I just need to go for the healthy stuff, as opposed to the quick and easy, ready-made, unhealthy stuff. I don't actually have any problems doing the IF methods though, so that's good. 

I intend to alternate between these three videos, with doing another 30 min yoga one (usually Sarah Beth or Ali Kamenova, depending on my mood) for the 30 day shred, because that's only half an hour. That's just tentative though, so if anyone's got Youtube videos they want to recommend, I'm always happy to try new things. Okay, that's about it. I can't wait to see what the Assassin guild's got this time. Last time was awesome!

• Like 1

Right, this post is for me to log my week one.

Monday:

Sleep: at 12, got 8 hours. Success.

Food: Large salad with chicken - no cheese or croutons, McDonalds McParfait Sundae, three tangerines. Fasted for 22 hrs. (didn't remember I was on IF, so I accidentally bought the ice cream before my 24 hrs were up) Success.

Exercise: Jilian Michael's No More Trouble zones workout. Success.

Tuesday:

Sleep: 3 am, not good. Fail.

Food: One blueberry sundae, one caramel cornetto, 6 gyoza, three pastries. Fail. (also, I'm starting to think I have an ice cream problem, which is kinda weird since I don't even really like ice-cream. I keep thinking I do. I see it and am like "ooooh, looks good" but after three bites I'm immediately regretting buying it). Did manage my 16 hrs of IF, but still, fail. 

Exercise: one and a half hours of ice-skating. Success

Wednesday:

Sleep: 3:30 am, fail.

Food: IF for 16 hours, ate sukishi soup with veggies, as well as sushi, ice cream, french fries and gyoza. Had apple tea (no real apples involved). Had veggies though, so success.

Exercise: Eh, I'm counting the 25,011 steps (yay! new record. My old one was 24,506 steps) my phone pedometer says I walked as sufficient exercise. Success.

Thursday:

Sleep: 3:00 am, fail.

Food: Caesar salad, fish, fries with cheese, fried rice, and two slices of an unbelievably fantastic cake. IF for 21 hours. Success.

Exercise: None. Fail.

Friday:

Sleep: Yay, 7 hrs. Success. Slept really late though.

Food: two tangerines, salad with hotdogs, two chocolate-filled buns, coconut water, and 6 small coconut paddies. No IF (which is fine, gave myself one day a week off in the goal section). Success

Exercise: The HIIT video for away team, hot damn that was difficult. Definite success.

Saturday:

Sleep: 7 and a half hours. Success, except I slept at 3:30 am. 

Food: 24 hr IF. Three tangerines, 10 slices of bread with cream cheese, honey, or tuna. Pack of popcorn, pack of lays chips, and a few other random snacks. Fail.

Exercise: None, but that's ok. As long as I do tomorrow. Need 5 a week. Possible success.

Sunday: 

Sleep: Yep, success! Slept at 2:30 am though.

Food: 16 hr IF. 6 slices of bread with cream cheese and honey. Pack of Lays chips, 6 cookies, banoffee cake, and a small pastry. Fail.

Exercise; None. Fail. 

Weekly review: Really should work on not just getting enough sleep, but also on going to bed at a decent time. For exercise I did 4 out of 5, so ok-ish. For food my calorie goals all went to shit, IF was pretty good, and the veggie thing was so-so, needs more work. Therefore, I am updating my goals.

Sleep: 7-8 hrs and before 12. 

Food: Same as before, but no more buying food from 7/11 unless it's their hotdogs or the one frozen meal I like. Be smarter about keeping within the calorie limit, and go for much much less junk food.  

Exercise: Eh, not too bad for my first week, but I need to exercise in the mornings, otherwise I normally just don't do it. 

• Like 1

Alright, new post for week 2.

Monday: 

Sleep: Got 7 hrs, but sleeping at 2:30 am. So Fail.

Food: IF for 16 hrs. Salad with chicken, 1 footlong cheese hotdog (thin), 2 sandwiches, guava, coconut sweets, apple and raisin pie. Got veggies, but over calorie limit. So fail.

Exercise: Did the new WOW, success. 

Tuesday:

Sleep: Got 7 hrs, but am sleeping at 1:30 am. Fail.

Food: IF for 20 hours. Ate at a cook-it-yourself buffet, so there were veggies, meat, ice cream and a lot of randomness, basically. Didn't eat anything else all day though and I didn't stuff myself and there were definitely veggies, so I'll count it as a success. 

Exercise: Did the old WOW, just to try it out. Also did some stretching. Success. 

Wednesday:

Sleep: Got 8 hrs,  but slept past 2 am. Fail. (wow, three times in a row, this is not good)

Food: No IF for today. Ate popcorn, pizza, ice cream, pannacotta, a very little bit of pasta, a cheese naan, and onigiri. No veggies. Fail. 

Exercise: None. Fail. 

Thursday:

Sleep. YESSS! Going to be by 12 and got 7 hrs of sleep last night. Success, finally.

Food: IF for 16 hrs, but no veggies. Had fries, a hamburger, Cornetto ice cream, chicken with cashew nuts and a little rice. Also a very large cinnamon roll. Fail.

Exercise: None, fail.

Friday:

Sleep: Gah, no. Fail. 

Food: Popcorn. 3 slices of cake. Salad with chicken. IF for 24hrs. Sort of a success, I guess.

Exercise: over an hour of yoga. Success.

Saturday: 

Sleep: Once again, fail. Guess this is the one to work on.

Food: one slice of pizza, chicken with wedges, donut, egg and rice, Van Houten chocolates. IF for 16hrs. Fail.

Sunday:

Sleep: Fail.

Food: Pumpkin with rice and eggs, popcorn, banoffee cake. Fail.

Week 3.

Monday:

Sleep: went to bed by 12 and got 8 hrs. Success.

Food: 16 hr IF. chicken, rice, bread, snacks. Fail.

Tuesday:

Sleep: Argh, sleeping at 2:30. Fail.

Food: Bread and apples. Started 24hr IF at 12:30 though, so will be a success if I manage it through to tomorrow. (edit: Did, so success)

Exercise: walked 19000 steps, but also did a 1 hr yoga video. Success.

Wednesday:

Sleep: Amwhaahhaha, yes! Success is mine 

Food: Lays chips, sweet chips, 8 cookies. Packaged fries. Salad. Two pastries. So, had veggies. But fail, b/c over calorie limit. 

Exercise: this week's WOW for the away team. Success.

Thursday:

Sleep: Success.

Food: 6 donuts, and fried rice with egg. (Made a horrible mistake where I bought a pack of donuts for my teachers and then they had to tell me they're not allowed to accept anything from students, sooo, eating them, though I don't actually like donuts that much, because they were hella expensive) Fail.

Exercise: 1 hr of yoga. Success.

Crap, I wrote out the post for Fri-Sun but then I forgot to click "Save changes". Long story short, fail on all exercise, sleep was one success, and food was two successes.

Summary: I really need to work on sleeping at a decent hour, and watch the food. I can do IF, but then I eat loads during the hours I'm allowed, so I should cut down on that. Get more protein too, and less junk food.

Week 4: 

Monday:

Sleep: success-ish, I took naps so it was kinda screwed up, but got 7 hrs.

Food: Salad with chicken, grilled coconut paddies, 2 apples, cup of yogurt, crackers and tuna mix. Success.

Exercise: Wanted the new WOW, but it's not out yet, so yoga it is! Success. 

Tuesday:

Sleep: Fail

Food: Salad w/ chicken, two pastries, and ice cream. Success.

Exercise: None today, fail. 

Wednesday:

Food: Chicken madras salad, and a pack of Lays. 24 hr IF. Success.

Exercise: Did a 30 min strength video, and also a warm-up and cool down, so I'm counting it as a success.

Thursday:

Sleep: Success

Food: 2 Sugar breads, Mentos, rice with egg, popcorn, strawberry-filled cookies. Fried chicken with rice (Kao Mon Gi Tot). Fail. 

Friday:

Food: Kaarage Chicken with veggies and rice, Lays, 2 Subway cookies, Jele Light, and Milo chocolate (small). Mentos too. Success.

Exercise: 6 min tabata, but nope. Not feeling too well. Fail.

Saturday:

Sleep: Success

Food: Pizza, pasta, popcorn. Rice with fried chicken and pumpkin. Fail.

Exercise: 7 min tabata, but other than that nothing. Fail.

Sunday: 

Food: Fail.

Exercise: Fail

Week 5: This one's not going to be good at all. I'm moving this week. Need to pack, get a new place, and finish up all the things I need to do around here.

Monday:

Sleep: Got the 8 hrs, but very late. So fail.

Exercise: Did 10 min tabata, but that's it. Fail.

Food: Steak with fries and salad, and lots of pastries. Fail.

Tuesday:

Sleep Fail.

Exercise: Success! Did a 1 hr FitnessBlender workout.

Food: Buffet dinner. Fail.

Wednesday:

Food: Not unless mushrooms count, so fail. 

Thursday:

Sleep: Fail (I keep getting 7-8 hrs, but not sleeping before like, 2 am)

Food: Success! Finally, I went and got some fruit and a salad, and I stayed under the calorie count and of course, IF for 16 hrs.