• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Fireclaw

Fireclaw's YAYOG challenge

Because the last challenge went so well I am going to really challenge myself with this one. So, without further ado, here the quests:

Quest one: do the You Are Your Own Gym 10 week program, which means training four days a week. I am doing the basic one, of course. I've done week one during break week, so I'm starting this challenge in week two.

Quest two: Do Yoga once a week. I enjoy Yoga and do not want to miss it so I will do it once I've done the YAYOG-workouts for that week.

Life Quest: Papers! Papers everywhere! It is time I tackled the mess that is my “filing system†and finally put together all the things I need to do my taxes. I am so terribly lazy when it comes to these things, so I'm forcing myself to do it by making it an official quest.

• Like 2

I love the YAYOG workouts!  I might be a little further along in his programs than you but it is cool to see another person doing similar workouts!  Keep it up!  As for the yoga, that I something I need to work on more.  Currently struggling with finding a routine that is challenging but not too difficult that I get frustrated and lose the point of yoga.

Keep it up!

My biggest problem these days isn't really the training, although I did have to make the upper body exercises easier because my arms are so damn weak, it's the whole just-doing-it thing that trips me up. I would bitch and moan from the minute I walk in the door at home right up to the point I start the programme, trying to find legitimate reasons not to do it, which of course don't exist. Up until now I did the workouts anyway and afterward I'm always proud for having done them, I just wish I could stop all the bitching beforehand. :)

Currently struggling with finding a routine that is challenging but not too difficult that I get frustrated and lose the point of yoga.

As far as yoga goes, so far I've been using the one DVD I own, "Power Yoga" with Rodney Yee, which I enjoy a lot. I have been told that they have good yoga videos  on DoYouYoga (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEdFmnwp53XmtODotf788-Q). They do have Yoga programmes specifically for men, so maybe that would be something for you?

• Like 1

End of week two summary:

YAYOG workout on 4 days: worked out out on Monday and Tuesday

Yoga once: check

Sorting papers: didn't touch a single paper

My end-of-week summary is a bit late and also not very good, but I have reasons :) Last weekend was Gamescom in Cologne, which I attended on Saturday. My cosplay helper (I need a helper because I can’t get dressed on my own) came to visit me for this, arriving already on the Wednesday before that and stayed until yesterday. Hence I skipped training on Thursday and Friday and did no paper sorting. I did, however, restart week 3 of YAYOG yesterday and have every intention to complete it this week, together with all other quests.

In week three everything was back to normal. I did my four days YAYOG, my one day Yoga and even sorted through some more papers.

In other news, I also did my yoga challenge measurements. Here they are:

v sit & reach: 91cm

toe touch: 36cm

center splits:153cm

forward splits: 178/178cm

Trunk rotation: 56/56cm

trunk extension: 19cm

back scratch: 10/10cm

shoulder rotation: 70cm

straight leg raise: 99/99cm

butterfly stretch: 24cm

• Like 1