Karma Krishok starts moving again

Hello all,

After running a half marathon last year I started gaining weight, lots of it. A lack of exercise combined with a stressful year (which resulted in lots of eating) wasn't the perfect combination. I have recently started to make some small changes to balance out my life better and these challenges seem the perfect way to stay motivated. My main motivation is that I want to feel healthy in my own body again. I don't want my body to slow me down and make me tired when there is still so much to do and see! Since my eating pattern is a major issue for me, I have dedicated two quests in my first challenge to this. The third one will be about slowly building up an exercise routine again.

Main quest: loose 25 kg (or 55 lbs) within the next twelve months.

Quest 1: Eat a healthy afternoon snack so I stop eating, or binging on, unhealthier snacks before dinner.

Measurement: A = 42 days, B = 36 days, C = 30 days

Reward: A = CON +3, CHA +2, B = CON +2, CHA +1, C = CON +1

Quest 2: Do not eat or snack after 9PM

Measurement: A = 42 days, B = 36 days, C = 30 days

Reward: A = CON +2, WIS +2, B = CON +1, WIS +1, C = CON +1

Quest 3: Exercise at least three times a week for thirty minutes

Measurement: A = 18 times, B = 17 times, C = 16 times

Reward: A = DEX + 2, STA +2, B = Dex +1, STA +1, C = STA +1

Life quest: No screens one hour before going to sleep

Measurement: A = 42 days, B = 36 days, C = 30 days

Reward: A = +2 CHA, B = +1 CHA, C = +0.5 CHA

Good luck everyone with their quests!

Level 4 Adventurer
Challenges: 7654321

For the miniquest:

1. Is your overall quest achievable (over a short or long period of time)?  Is it reasonable? It is set at around one lbs a week which should be no problem at all. In previous efforts to loose weight I was definitely able to go at this rate.

2. Do your 3 quests all build towards your main quest in little ways, or are you taking on too much? Do your quests have sub-quests or is it just one thing to focus on? This is difficult for me. I never know if I'm setting goals that are too difficult to accomplish or I make them to easy. I have thought about them for a few days before signing up to the challenge and I think I found a decent combination. It is important for me to ease back into exercising, I would like to start mixing up the cardio with some yoga during the next challenge. I'm not a big fan of strength training but that might come later. Changing my diet however will be my biggest challenge. I definitely have a sugar addiction and my body craves food at certain moments of the day. I set my challenge to make sure that the moments where I'm most vulnerable for this will be watched (e.g. around 5/6PM before dinner which is usually between 7 and 8) and after 9PM. After this quest there are quite a few other things I would like to do: cut out all sweets for six weeks, cut out alcohol for six weeks, start cooking more frequently, ensure healthy lunches (I do not have a fixed office so end up eating out a lot), etc. All these seemed too big a step and have caused me to fail before.

3. Are your main goals realistic? Can you scale them to smaller steps to fit your life better, even if it will make it take a little longer to achieve them? I do believe they are. My main goal is set on 85 kg / 187 lbs, the body weight that is healthy according to the BMI. I was at this weight a few years ago but some unhealthy choices and big changes in my life made me gain weight fast. I have hoovered around 95 kg / 210 lbs but have shut up last year after running half a marathon. Getting back to that level would be my first goal, hopefully before the end of the year.

4. Are your goals able to be measured and tracked?  What will you use to track them? I have a little notebook I use to keep track off the challenges. I use it for other lifestyle changes I'm making as well. My work/life balance is pretty unhealthy for me so that's something I'm working on as well.

5. How are you grading your goals?  Are they pass/fail (“every dayâ€, “not even once over the six weeksâ€)?  Is there a reward for the effort, or are you only grading yourself on whether or not you “lose the weight†or “run the distanceâ€? They are graded and I definitely think it is rewarded based on effort. Loosing weight should happen but only as a result of lifestyle changes that make me happy. I saw someone else defined little presents for herself after accomplishing each quest. I'm considering adding those, also to deal with the long-term objective but need for instant gratification challenge.

6. What is your plan for continuing/altering/grading those goals if you become ill or injured? I can keep working on three out of the four challenges when I become ill. Exercise, unless I really get injured should be no problem since I'm starting with three days a week.

7. Did you take into consideration any special occasions (Labour Day, Independence Day, birthdays, anniversaries, etc) that may occur during the challenge?  What modifications do you need to build into your goals for those? I travel a lot for my work so special occasions are always there. I feel they have been perfect excuses for my eating behaviour. When I travel for work and make long hours, eating is my reward. When I come home after a trip, dinner and treats are my reward. When I travel to my home country for a few weeks, I need to eat all the food I haven't had in a while. Being able to always justify the unhealthy choices is a major problem for me. So I have set quests that allow me to deal with these special occasions. I can accomplish all three of them while travelling or on holidays.

8. Do any of your main goals conflict with each other? Will one goal make it hard to do another? I have actually set a life goal that should make it easier for me to live healthy. I feel the addiction to watching tv or being on the computer right up to I sleep is making me stay up late and ensuring I wake up with less energy than I wanted. So I hope changing that will actually help accomplishing the other goals.

9. Do you already have the time in your schedule to actually complete the goals you’ve set?  If not, what are you planning to do to make time for them? For the exercise I wanted to keep the schedule flexible in the beginning. So the three times a week will allow me to schedule around trips. I will be travelling next week on Wednesday / Thursday so I will plan my exercise around that. Instead of setting fixed times, I need to get into a habit of planning regularly. Using fixed timings has set me up for failure before because of a work schedule that is different every week.

10. Are you trying to build multiple habits, or is all your energy focused on your main quest? As mentioned, I'm trying to maintain a better work/life balance. This is necessary for me to live healthier, not only in terms of food and exercise but also because of stress (which makes me eat). These are also small steps though and should reinforce the changes in diet and exercise.

All of that being said, I stuck to my objectives for the first two days and I'm pretty sure I will stick to them for the rest of the challenge period. I feel they do not pressure me as some of the bigger changes I have tried to make in the past. Which makes it much more likely I will succeed. It's nice to feel that confidence!

Level 4 Adventurer

So we're halfway the first week. Time for an update on how it's going. I have spent some extra time thinking about what will help me achieve my goal, or not even the goal but just how I can change my lifestyle forever. I think for me I have decided three things are important:

• I will not be getting on a scale daily or even weekly. This is a lifestyle change and although one of the goals is loosing weight, that should happen from living healthier in a happy way. So more than focussing on the weight loss, I want to celebrate the steps towards a healthy life. I will step on a scale at the end of the challenge, just to see what the effect was and hopefully for some extra motivation to get into the next challenge.
  • Many small steps are more important than three failed big ones. I have to slow myself down to not set myself up for failure like in the past. That means celebrating the small steps towards success. And not get toward by eating a few biscuits like I did this afternoon.
  • As I mentioned in my previous post, I really like the idea of rewards when completing the challenges. Definitely if these help me improve my life style even more. So I will be picking from either cook books or fitness equipment. I hope the thrill of using any new toy will help me start the next challenge with just a little bit more energy. I absolutely love tracking my workouts so I already bought a thingy to carry my phone in while running. I use Endomondo to track workouts and if I get at least a B in all three health related mini quests, I will buy myself a one-year premium subscription. This will give me training plans and more statistics to stare at. I already came up with the idea of a heart rate monitor as a present after the second challenge. But one gadget at a time!

So far the quests have been going really well:

• Quest 1: Eat a healthy afternoon snack: 3 out of 4 days. Apples. Although I had some peanuts on the day I missed. I'm not sure whether that would count. I would like to vary it a bit more but I'm currently travelling so will eat what's easily available.
  • Quest 2: Do not eat or snack after 9PM: 4 out of 4 days. Easy so far, I am really focused on eliminating my evening snacks. They're killing me.
  • Quest 3: Exercise at least three times a week: 2 times so far. The next run will be on Saturday morning and that should complete the target for this week.
  • Life quest: No screens one hour before going to sleep: 4 out of 4 days. It makes me sleep much better. I wake up a bit more grudgy as usual as well. I probably am adjusting to a deeper sleep at night. It's great.

Workout overview:

• Run 1 (Tue 28-07): 4.32 km, not tracked
  • Run 2 (Thu 30-07): 4.32 km, 32m:12s, 8.0 km/hr

Looking forward to my next run and the end of the first week!

Level 4 Adventurer

Just wanted to give a short update before I forget the stats:

• Quest 1: Eat a healthy afternoon snack: 7 out of 8 days.
  • Quest 2: Do not eat or snack after 9PM: 8 out of 8 days.
  • Quest 3: Exercise at least three times a week: 4 times so far.
  • Life quest: No screens one hour before going to sleep: 7 out of 8 days.

I have eaten healthy afternoon snacks almost every day. Sometimes combined with unhealthy food. I'm also unhappy about the portions of some of my dinners. But I'm trying to stick to the three goals set for the first challenge. Small steps and succeeding is more important than big steps and failing. I do feel I need to keep saying this to myself, often.

Workout overview:

• Run 1 (Tue 28-07): 4.32 km, not tracked
  • Run 2 (Thu 30-07): 4.32 km, 32m:12s, 8.0 km/hr
  • Run 3 (Sat 01-08): 4.19 km, 30m:31s, 8.24 km/hr
  • Run 4 (Mon 03-08): 4.29 km, 32m:04s, 8.03 km/hr

The last run was in extremely hot weather and I dehydrated. I will try to carry a small bottle of water during my next run in these circumstances. This was almost undoable and it took me quite a while to recover. I have some travel coming up so it will be difficult to meet my targets this week but will try to run on Wednesday before my flight. If that works out, I should be ok doing one more run in the weekend.

Level 4 Adventurer

Wow, looks like you're killing it so far! I love the attitude you're bringing to this. Looks like you're setting yourself up for lasting success!

balance in mind ... body in motion ... making inertia my bitch

Lv.2 warmonkey | 2 STR, 3 STA, 3 DEX, 5 CON, 4 WIS, 2 CHA

Challenges: Current | Previous

Life quest: No screens one hour before going to sleep

This is a good quest! Glowing screens of internets and tv not only screw up your sleep rhythms, but can (at least for me) be very distracting. Have you found that avoiding screens 1 hour before sleep is helping? Are you sleeping better/longer?

cepopaladin

LVL 1 | STR 2 | DEX 3 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 2 | CHA 0

Battle Log: cepopaladin's journey to badassery

Challenge: cepopaladin heeds the call of badassery progress

Main Quest: Vanquish GMB Elements: Week: 4 Day: 2

71.5%
71.5%

Side Quest: Defeat a 10k Run + Intervals: 2 / 12 sessions

16.2%
16.2%

Side Quest: Defeat a Single Pull-Up: Assisted (w/ chair)

25%
25%

sounds like you're off to a great start. 

You might notice that someone has added a tag to your post.  This is not to box you into a corner but rather because your goals or lifestyle have links to the guild you've been tagged and we'd like to bring you to the attention of one of their guild ambassadors. These ambassadors will be able to offer you advice, encouragement and support on your goals.  You don't even have to wait around for them to come introduce themselves to you, you are more than welcome to pop into the Scouts' board and introduce yourself to the guildies there. I am also around to answer any questions that you might have so do not hesitate to PM me.

Good Luck with your challenge

AB xx

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

Thanks for popping by and the words of support. Definitely helps to know people are following and keeping me on track! @cepopaladin, It works miracles for me. I sleep better and wake up more active. I hope I can keep this up. Boredom seems to creep in sometimes though so I feel like I need to develop some evening routine. Considering reading, learning the guitar and meditation currently. @Blaidd, thank you! I will have a look at the forum of the Scouts and see if that would be something for my second challenge.

Time to evaluate week two. It was kind of hectic with a flight from Europe to Asia in the middle, that definitely messed with my routine. But although it took a few days to pick up the quests, I'm still on track.

• Quest 1: Eat a healthy afternoon snack: 10 out of 14 days.
  • Quest 2: Do not eat or snack after 9PM: 13 out of 14 days.
  • Quest 3: Exercise at least three times a week: 2 out of 2 weeks / 6 times.
  • Life quest: No screens one hour before going to sleep: 12 out of 14 days.

I didn't plan ahead enough for the major flight, regular eating is kind of hard during a long flight and I knew this. And even when I came home, I didn't ensure I had some healthy snacks in house. Next time I'll bring some from my starting point so it isn't an issue at the destination. I'm travelling again this week and I did exactly that. I brought a kg of apples so I have a healthy snack every afternoon. I also prepared better for my workouts since running during small trips is difficult, I don't really like to go running when I don't know a route. But decided to go with the 20-minute hotel room workout. And my arms definitely hurt now!

Workout overview since last update:

• Run 5 (Thu 06-08): 3.88 km, 33m:37s, 6.93 km/hr
  • Strength 1 (Sun 09-08): 4 level one circuits / reduced incline push-ups in round 3 & 4

Exercise during my trips is always a major hassle. I'm away from home for five days this week so keeping up my exercise will be the hardest challenge. The hotel-room workout seems to be the perfect solution. I hope I can get two more in this week. Or at least one and a run once I'm home. That seems possible!

Level 4 Adventurer

The status is as follows:

• Quest 1: Eat a healthy afternoon snack: 12 out of 16 days.
  • Quest 2: Do not eat or snack after 9PM: 15 out of 16 days.
  • Quest 3: Exercise at least three times a week: 2 out of 2 weeks / 7 times.
  • Life quest: No screens one hour before going to sleep: 12 out of 16 days.

I have not been able to go back to sleep without screens in the hotel the last couple of nights. I'm changing that from today. I will read a little bit (on paper) and meditate. But no more excuses! I'm still going for B's in all my challenges, I want that premium Endomondo membership :).

I have a really hard time with the push-ups so have reduced those during the circuits. I've made it to 10 / 10 / 5ish / 0 in the 4 circuits. Time to build some extra strength! And do some research soon on how to do this! I also wonder about safety and how much I can push. I have felt all my muscles for the last two days and expect that will be the case for the next two as well. I'll be happy when I'm home and can go for a run!

Mini-quest 3:

I'm actually pretty satisfied with my progress so far. I have been doing my exercises regularly, even while traveling and that is a big win. I'm also happy I learned from not planning for food during my first travel and made an improvement for my second trip. One that's working well. I have done a lot of reading over the last few days because I wanted to prepare well for exercising while traveling. I have used the 20-minute hotel work-out (done it twice now), the article on how to stretch (used the beginner version) and the how to videos. I have also read Strength training 101 after my first strength work-out and tried to apply perfect form during my exercises (which must have looked ridiculous). I hope that's enough to pass!

Level 4 Adventurer

Working out during a trip isn't easy. Good job.

• Like 1

level 12 Hobbit Monk (respawned September 2016)
STR 4 | DEX 15 | CON 16 | STA 15 | WIS 33 | CHA 24 | Halfling | Newbie | Fencer and Bookworm

Introduction | Character | Daily Battle Log | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 67 | 8 | | 10 | 11 | 12# | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | #### | 17 | Current Challenge

Spoiler

I'm exercising, because I want to get my stamina and strength. I enjoy medieevil swordmanship,  Tai Chi, yoga, aikido and fire spinning. I'm also a roleplaying nerd and a book worm. Let's fight the procrastination dragon!

​Evaluation after three weeks, halfway the challenge! Still on track for most of my targets but I have been moving this week so it has been difficult to keep up with all quests. I forgot to eat my afternoon snack one day and got the last workout in late Sunday night (and even though it wasn't 30 minutes, I'm counting the effort of doing it). But not unhappy with the progress so far. I did jump on a scale quickly this morning to get an idea of whether I am loosing weight. It seems I lost a little bit, nothing spectacular, maybe a pound or two. It's a good step in the right direction.

• Quest 1: Eat a healthy afternoon snack: 16 out of 21 days.
  • Quest 2: Do not eat or snack after 9PM: 19 out of 21 days.
  • Quest 3: Exercise at least three times a week: 3 out of 3 weeks / 9 times.
  • Life quest: No screens one hour before going to sleep: 17 out of 21 days.

• Strength 3 (Thu 13-08): 3 circuits
  • Yoga 1 (Sun 16-08): start of Ashtanga primary series

I like not being fixed to either running, weight exercises or anything else. This makes it much easier for me to plan and ensure I get my workout done. On to the next half of the challenge!

Level 4 Adventurer

Miniquest 4:

I have decided to base the allocation on my original idea during the start of the challenge. This means exercise has gotten most points dedicated to it since I value that the most. The summary grades are based on the target I expect to meet at the end of the challenge. Although on average over the first three weeks Q1 and the LQ are a little bit below that, the remaining three weeks are easier for me. There is less travel scheduled. And when it is scheduled, I'm better prepared to ensure my quests don't suffer.

1. Goal allocation:

Q1: Afternoon snacks = 2 CON 1 CHA

Q2: No food after 9PM = 1 CON 1 WIS

Q3: Exercise 3x/week = 2 DEX 2 STA

LQ: No screens before sleeping = 1 CHA

2. Mid Challenge Summary:

Q1: Afternoon snacks = B

Q2: No food after 9PM = B

Q3: Exercise 3x/week = A

LQ: No screens before sleeping = B

3. Challenge allocation:

Q1: B (75%) = 1.5 CON .75 STA

Q2: B (90%) = .9 CON .9 WIS

Q3: A (100%) = 2 DEX 2 STA

LQ: B (80%) = .8 CHA

4. Signature:

STR 0 | STA 2.75 | DEX 2 | CON 2.4 | WIS .9 | CHA .8

Normal update:

• Quest 1: Eat a healthy afternoon snack: 19 out of 24 days.
  • Quest 2: Do not eat or snack after 9PM: 22 out of 24 days.
  • Quest 3: Exercise at least three times a week: 3 out of 3 weeks / 10 times.
  • Life quest: No screens one hour before going to sleep: 20 out of 24 days.

• Yoga 2 (Wed 19-08): Ashtanga primary series - added additional poses

Sadly a squash match that was scheduled was cancelled. So I will have to catch up this week. But planning on doing one or two more yoga work-outs. They are easy to fit in during the morning since my schedule during the day is currently quite hectic (moving houses).

Level 4 Adventurer

Another week gone. I'm slightly disappointed with my lost work-out. I didn't plan properly after the squash game didn't happen. Since I do want to make sure I score B's for all my quests in two weeks, I have looked at the deviation so far. For quest 1, 2 and the life quest I'm allowed to miss six days (one each week). And although I'm on track for two of those, the healthy afternoon snacks are not going well. For quest 3 I have missed my one workout which means all others have to happen in the next two weeks.

• Quest 1: Eat a healthy afternoon snack: 22 out of 27 days. Deviation: -5 Allowed: 6
  • Quest 2: Do not eat or snack after 9PM: 24 out of 27 days. Deviation: -3 Allowed: 6
  • Quest 3: Exercise at least three times a week: 3 out of 4 weeks / 11 times. Deviation: -1 Allowed: 1
  • Life quest: No screens one hour before going to sleep: 23 out of 27 days. Deviation: -4 Allowed: 6

• Strength 4 (Sun 23-08): 3 circuits

Plan of attack:

• Take some time at the end of each week to plan the next week. Like I'm doing now. This will prevent me from being surprised.
  • Increase the number of work-outs planned so it is not that bad when anything happens. I would like to establish a yoga routine in the mornings. It will probably be one of the quests in the next challenge but it can't hurt. I want to start only doing it on weekdays so will do it for the next four days (my weekends are Friday / Saturday). Besides the yoga in the morning I will do a strength workout on Tuesday and a run on Thursday and Sunday.
  • I have prepared my travel for this week better and brought a book to read and some pictures to colour. This will help me not be sucked into watching endless shows on my laptop in the hotel room.
  • I do not have apples for the duration of my trip. The ones I bought were not great so I left them at home and took some energy bars instead. Not the greatest health snack but it is still way better than binging crisps or chocolate. The only problem is that I don't have enough. I will have to find some nuts / bananas or other fruit before I run out on Wednesday. There are quite a few shops around the hotel selling those so I'm planning to pick some up after dinner on Tuesday.

And for everyone that wants to have an idea where all my travels go to:

post-42314-0-86489100-1440340821_thumb.jpost-42314-0-51752600-1440340920_thumb.jpost-42314-0-68179300-1440340906_thumb.j

Level 4 Adventurer

It was a hard day yesterday. I was home late and didn't feel like working out. Dinner plans got cancelled and I decided to do the work-out and eat a bit later. It felt great! I already have my three work-outs for this week completed, while traveling. That makes me really happy since these are usually the more difficult days. Looks like I'm going to end up scoring a B in all my quests!

• Quest 1: Eat a healthy afternoon snack: 25 out of 30 days. Deviation: -5 Allowed: 6
  • Quest 2: Do not eat or snack after 9PM: 26 out of 30 days. Deviation: -4 Allowed: 6
  • Quest 3: Exercise at least three times a week: 4 out of 5 weeks / 15 times. Deviation: -1 Allowed: 1
  • Life quest: No screens one hour before going to sleep: 25 out of 30 days. Deviation: -5 Allowed: 6

• Yoga 3 (Mon 24-08): Ashtanga yoga
  • Yoga 4 (Tue 25-08): Ashtanga yoga
  • Strength 5 (Tue 25-08): 3 circuits
  • Yoga 5 (Wed 26-08): Ashtanga yoga

Level 4 Adventurer

Hey if you've done a half marathon once, you can get there again! Congrats on making it so far into the challenge.

You mention you're doing ashtanga yoga (super great!), are you doing videos, self guided, or a class? I've been struggling to get back into a regular practice since my favorite yoga studio closed down.

My first six week challenge!

"I can't run, but I can walk much faster than this." -Paul Simon

"There is a crack, a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in." -Leonard Cohen

Find me on Instagram, where I mostly post photos of outdoor adventures, baking projects, and books.

Hello Melissa,

Thanks for dropping in! I have done a five day introduction course a few months ago. They went through and adjusted basic sequence of around 45 minutes. I'm kind of building up to that at the moment. Seeing this video last week increased my motivation quite a bit, it's incredibly beautiful and impressive. I don't use videos as a guide / teacher but use a chart that has the sequence since I don't know it by heart yet.

It feels great to get up in the morning and just do it! I plan to visit a class again soon when I have some of the basics covered and maybe do the introduction course again. I think even when there is not a 100% match with the trainer, most advice is still very helpful since I'm still discovering what works and doesn't work for me. But for me the practice is to calm my mind and wake-up my body in the morning, best done alone and in silence. You can always make it a part of your next challenge if that would help!

Level 4 Adventurer

​Two days where I didn't eat a snack because of late lunch, so I will not count them as a failure. I simply had enough food so it didn't feel right to eat more. Slightly disappointed with myself on keeping up the other exercise. I basically stopped for the week after starting off so well. Stayed with the targets though. Looking forward to the end of the challenge and setting new goals. It does feel like these have become pretty standard parts of my day / week. Time to make it a bit more intense!

• Quest 1: Eat a healthy afternoon snack: 30 out of 36 days. Deviation: -6 Allowed: 6
  • Quest 2: Do not eat or snack after 9PM: 32 out of 36 days. Deviation: -4 Allowed: 6
  • Quest 3: Exercise at least three times a week: 4 out of 5 weeks / 17 times. Deviation: -1 Allowed: 1
  • Life quest: No screens one hour before going to sleep: 31 out of 36 days. Deviation: -5 Allowed: 6

• Yoga 6 (Mon 31-08): Ashtanga yoga
  • Yoga 7 (Tue 01-09): Ashtanga yoga

Level 4 Adventurer

Time for the final evaluation!

• Quest 1: Eat a healthy afternoon snack: 36 out of 42 days. Deviation: -6 Allowed: 6 -> B
  • Quest 2: Do not eat or snack after 9PM: 36 out of 42 days. Deviation: -6 Allowed: 6 -> B
  • Quest 3: Exercise at least three times a week: 5 out of 6 weeks / 19 times. Deviation: -1 Allowed: 1 -> B
  • Life quest: No screens one hour before going to sleep: 37 out of 42 days. Deviation: -5 Allowed: 6 -> B

• Yoga 8 (Thu 04-09): Ashtanga yoga
  • Yoga 9 (Sun 06-09): Ashtanga yoga

I'm very happy with the challenge. I set targets that were manageable and I liked that I could slack of a few times. It is impossible for me to always eat before 9PM, or to exercise at fixed times. There was enough flexibility in the quests and goals to make sure I could make an improvement in my lifestyle without feeling overwhelmed.

What I really liked:

• Flexibility in when and where to exercise
  • Able to slack of a few days when circumstances required it (e.g. late dinners)
  • Allow for learning (e.g. not having snacks ready while traveling)
  • Healthy changes to my lifestyle that were easy to accomplish
  • Balance between exercise and dietary goals

What I want to change next time:

• I want to build a morning exercise routine (Ashtanga yoga) now I know I can stay on track at home and during travel
  • Start going back to yoga classes to build a real-life community
  • Ensure I do some other exercise besides the yoga
  • Push a little bit harder to loose weight since that didn't really happen this challenge (read: no more binging on chocolate / crisps)
  • Join an accountability group for more support

For my stats (based on my original allocation):

• Quest 1: Eat a healthy afternoon snack: B = CON +2, CHA +1
  • Quest 2: Do not eat or snack after 9PM: B = CON +1, WIS +1
  • Quest 3: Exercise at least three times a week: B = DEX +1, STA +1
  • Life quest: No screens one hour before going to sleep: B = +1 CHA
  • Mini challenges: +1 WIS (1), +1 CHA (2), +2 Dex (3, 5)
  • Total after this challenge: STR 0 | STA 1 | DEX 3 | CON 3 | WIS 2 | CHA 3

For the next challenge I will join the druids since establishing the yoga routine will be my biggest quest. I will consider how I can fit in others during the next six weeks. It will probably look like this:

• Establish yoga routine: 5 times / week - this helps me set my priorities for the day, gives me some quiet time for me and generally makes me feel good when I finish sweaty.
  • Other exercise: 2 times / week - unsure whether this should be included since it is a major commitment from 3 times / week to 7. Maybe I should just focus on two quests next challenge?
  • No binging on unhealthy food - important next step in bringing my diet towards a more healthy version, not sure if there is anything else I would like to change at the moment.

Level 4 Adventurer