• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

I'm trying the bear, monkey and frog walks, and I felt the same - get into position, and try to move... got a little bit of movement, but not properly, so as you say something to work on. The boys laughed themselves silly watching me.

Those work funny enough fine for me, but I so know that scene of kids watching and laughing their heads off :D What helps me take it light and laugh along is knowing that this confirms to them it's okay to do things, you're not (yet) good at and just try out.

Makes it easier for them, too.

Also I once read, might have mentioned before, that it's really healthy for your liver to make a proper fool of yourself at least three times a day! And I do find it really refreshing actually, so yayyyyyy for my liver :)

• Like 1

I think the silly is what makes me like these moves the most. I'm still a silly five year old inside. ;)

Good point!! And what I love about being like a little child again is that no grown up has got any say over me now.... they just have to deal with it :P

200.gif

• Like 2

Sounds like you found an awesome program to get working on this stuff though! I loooove weird animal walks. Hahaha. The silliness is part of the fun. :)

Absolooodle :)

Oh no, I am super conscious of myself when I do these silly things, but I don't mind as much with the boys around. It has taken a long time for me  to get out of my shell (what will people think of me? what will they say?), and laugh at myself, so if there is some exercise like this that is necessary, then I try.

That is such excellent expansion, congratulations!!! We have an expression that once your reputation is ruined, you can live your life to the fullest and happily so :)

Seriously, being able to be silly is super precious and the FREEDOM that comes along with it, ................... so good!!

Silly is fun! And the number of times I've face planted at the gym doing whatever weird arm balance... It's all good fun. :tongue:

And it gets easier every time :D when I haven't fallen with something a few times I feel super insecure, when I fall, I notice it's not that bad, laugh about myself and feel immediately more at ease

• Like 1

Just remembered you had an uncluttering goal.  Are you using that Konmari (sp?) method/book that I keep hearing about?  It's another thing on my to do or to-read list.  

Actually I don't have any specific method, maybe except for: does it still get used? does it still make me totally happy in some way? If not, throw it out. Unfortunately things pile up all by themselves that were once necessary and might be so again.... so I have to keep at it. 

We uncluttered the gym room in our basement last weekend as my daughter got her new set of drums and that will have to DEFINITELY stay down there :P

And while that felt real good, I could see the other basement rooms needing it, too, and that might be a little more work and I so don't feel like it, bleh

I know I'm going to feel great when it's done though, thus it's part of the challenge.

Let me know please if there are great hints in there, thank you!!

• Like 2

In a way the whole getting on top of things feels like uncluttering - tackling things that have piled up because they weren't fun or I didn't feel like them, but actually once tackled it's a shiny and happy feel  ^_^

Today was a big day on getting on top of work things again. I tried the days before, but progress was slow with client sessions, yummy family time, life happening... today there were no distractions and therefore no excuses! There was a time I felt real low, like it was a looming big rock to push uphills, and fact is I managed a lot less than planned. But that line of thought (while human) won't get me anywhere, so let me celebrate with you, what I did manage and surprise myself with renewed energy and having the rest get done sooner than expected, how cool will that be?!!

What I did manage was:

- reduce my email pile up from the 50+ on Monday to 10 today  :triumphant: and of course new ones want to be written every day on top of those, but now those dear people had to wait no longer, yay

- successfully tackle two years of VAT tax papers for someone I work with  :triumphant: I never learned any accounting, so this is always a delicate task for me and now it is done, done, DONE for another half a year at least, whooohooo

- update two websites with my new retreat dates, coaching group offers and other things, so that people can FIND ME and COME!!  :triumphant: Such an important High Payoff Activity (HPA) this one and somehow I lag often behind on it, lots of potential for improvement here and today I did it, yay

- update a whole lot of other things on the websites, while I was at it, details, that people were waiting for and can now enjoy

- start the draft for a looong newsletter with all the goodies in it, plus some good articles

- delegate things (big woot on that)

- update all my invoices to send out to clients

- catch up with all session recordings for clients

also

- cook yummy healthy lunch for all of us

- do the bear, monkey and frog walks while I soooooo did not feel like them

- kick up into my handstands while same feeling and now feeling better for it

- oh and made a dentist appointment for us all for check-up (another thing usually procrastinated, but they have this awesome service that they call you up when it's due, so good!)

So all in all I think I can let myself off the hook for today. Tomorrow is the last free morning for my hubby and me, where him and me can do something just the two of us. Next week he is flying for 4 weeks to SA and I'm staying here with the kids, so I will enjoy that morning together to the most and still think of something delicious to do together  :cheerful:

Which means I don't know when I will get a chance to finish the unfinished things from today and longer ago... well, I'll just focus ahead on the moment of TOP of THE GAME CELEBRATION TO COME eventually :P

Hope you are all rocking your challenges, will check on you all soon, just not tonight as I am now soooooooooooo tired

200.gif

Happy evening everyone, sending restful vibrations  :peaceful:

• Like 1

That's a lot of stuff to deal with in one day! Not sure what else you planned, but I don't see how you could have fitted in it. Celebration time is definitely in order. :)

• Like 2

Wow, that was a lot of work - especially two years of TAX stuff! I have hubby's 6 month provisional tax to finalise by end of August. Accountant said end Nov. but then I'll be falling behind again on the next provisional so.... stopping the bad cycle NOW.

Enjoy the last days with hubby with you! Can't wait to see what you and kids get up to during the next couple of weeks! You normally remind me of so much that I forget about... like the Swingball I think last time...

• Like 1

Actually I don't have any specific method, maybe except for: does it still get used? does it still make me totally happy in some way? If not, throw it out. Unfortunately things pile up all by themselves that were once necessary and might be so again.... so I have to keep at it. 

We uncluttered the gym room in our basement last weekend as my daughter got her new set of drums and that will have to DEFINITELY stay down there :tongue:

And while that felt real good, I could see the other basement rooms needing it, too, and that might be a little more work and I so don't feel like it, bleh

I know I'm going to feel great when it's done though, thus it's part of the challenge.

Let me know please if there are great hints in there, thank you!!

I have the konmari book and the major hint that I took away after not actually reading the whole thing is to hold every item and ask yourself "does this spark joy?" using that method I've totally gotten rid of a pile of dishes and a lot of clothes. She also says to tackle things by category - so, dump all your clothes out on the floor, like, from your ENTIRE HOUSE, and sort through them to keep or toss or donate. don't go room by room, but do everything at once. I haven't gotten to that point yet, but the "does this spark joy?" question is a HUGE help and SO freeing to be like: um, no. I am keeping this because I think I have to wear an ugly skirt for work. nope! toss it, go get a prettier skirt that I actually love. WIN.

• Like 2

I have the konmari book and the major hint that I took away after not actually reading the whole thing is to hold every item and ask yourself "does this spark joy?" using that method I've totally gotten rid of a pile of dishes and a lot of clothes. She also says to tackle things by category - so, dump all your clothes out on the floor, like, from your ENTIRE HOUSE, and sort through them to keep or toss or donate. don't go room by room, but do everything at once. I haven't gotten to that point yet, but the "does this spark joy?" question is a HUGE help and SO freeing to be like: um, no. I am keeping this because I think I have to wear an ugly skirt for work. nope! toss it, go get a prettier skirt that I actually love. WIN.

I can already see myself with the mugs: does this bring joy? No, they are stored away, but they were gifts for looking after the neighbours' dogs. These were gifts from that friend at that time, but no, not being used, these are so cute, but not being used...

Kids' toys: now that would leave ENOUGH room if I could get rid of some of the stuff the boys continue to cling to, but as it is theirs, I don't feel I can choose to keep or throw away without their say-so...

• Like 1

That's a lot of stuff to deal with in one day! Not sure what else you planned, but I don't see how you could have fitted in it. Celebration time is definitely in order. :)

Wow, that was a lot of work - especially two years of TAX stuff! I have hubby's 6 month provisional tax to finalise by end of August. Accountant said end Nov. but then I'll be falling behind again on the next provisional so.... stopping the bad cycle NOW.

Enjoy the last days with hubby with you! Can't wait to see what you and kids get up to during the next couple of weeks! You normally remind me of so much that I forget about... like the Swingball I think last time...

To be fair, the tax stuff was really just the VAT part, no income taxes or other things, thank goodness. Also I have to do them in detail monthly, so the yearly thing was just checking through each years months, make sure they were correct and add them all up. Still, celebration was totally in order, but I had gotten myself in such a hamster wheel that I would have tried to go on and on until everyEVERYTHING of office work was done, which is probably never going to happen...

It's a funny thing: there I set the intention to get on top of my game and whoops all kinds of things pop up now where I am not! And instead of embracing it as good information, I take it as personal failure and start tensing up, bleh

Also I now see that I really wasn't myself that day as I had some headache and earache building up (and ignored it) and by Friday morning I woke up feeling feverish and with my earlobes twice the normal size. That was really odd. Creeped me out a little and I went to the doctor to have it checked, but it's all harmless. Ears are alright and she gave me a homeopath for the rest, asking if I need a note to call in sick at work. Advantages of self-employment, no note needed, except to self ;)

So I kept myself still for Friday and Saturday, and now I feel a lot better again.

Did catch up on some more office stuff in between yesterday and today and am hopeful now that by end of the coming week I might actually be on top of the main work things, that would be sooooooooooooo cool!!!

I think I will shift my focus from the things, where I feel behind on, to rather what it will feel like to be on top and what all I will do with the time that opens up again then. Much happier focus  :peaceful:

• Like 1

Yes, the joy sparking is really helpful. Also like the idea of the categories - might go for all camping gear for instance, or all currently unused gardening stuff lurking in garages and cellar...  great hint.

I can already see myself with the mugs: does this bring joy? No, they are stored away, but they were gifts for looking after the neighbours' dogs. These were gifts from that friend at that time, but no, not being used, these are so cute, but not being used...

Kids' toys: now that would leave ENOUGH room if I could get rid of some of the stuff the boys continue to cling to, but as it is theirs, I don't feel I can choose to keep or throw away without their say-so...

Ahaha, yes, if I ask my daughter EVERYTHING she owns sparks Joy for her :D And for my son he might say throw out to it all, when I feel, those are such a great things and how good it would be for him to spend some time with those instead of his computer...

The trick for the kids was often to say, let's put this away for a while and if they haven't used things for a few months then decided what to keep and what not. Often the option "you can keep 3 out of those 4, which ones is it going to be" works very well.

• Like 1

I think I will shift my focus from the things, where I feel behind on, to rather what it will feel like to be on top and what all I will do with the time that opens up again then. Much happier focus  :peaceful:

I like this focus!

Glad you're earlobes are feeling better. :D

• Like 1

Oh wait what, how am I not following your challenge already?! :o Well here I am :) Looks like you've already started off well, but hope your fever disappears promptly!

It felt like you were there all along, so maybe you were already  ^_^  Happy to have you here again!

I like this focus!

Glad you're earlobes are feeling better. :D

Me too ;)

The earlobes went back to normal the next day, the ear ache still comes back in between and the headache is back at the moment, too. But not as strong as it was, so I think the worst is over.

Might have overdone it a little today as I felt so much better and couldn't resist doing a little Handstand practice. Couldn't hold my handstand/wall plank for more than 40 seconds though (normally I can hold up to 60 sec) and felt dizzy afterwards and instead of resting, I saw the sun had come out, forgot about it all and went roller blading with my daughter for a half hour... getting better at it so yay on that though :)

There is nothing better than a brief illness or the like to show you the level of fitness you have become accustomed too! I could not go into the plough pose for stretching today as my middle and upper back were in pain from it  :huh: normally that is one of my favorite stretches and soo relaxing!!

Oh well, will celebrate every inch improvement as it comes you can bet on that.

• Like 1

May I borrow this focus idea from you? Really need to change my focus too.

• Like 1

Could do a week summary, but there is not much to report, so I might rock week 2 first and do a summary then?? :P

Did a video of my split stretches and Handstand training for progress check ups, but haven't gotten it up anywhere yet. Also don't know where progress would come from with this fever and headache setback...

Oh well, challenge has just started, lots of chance to up on it all :)

Hoop class on Wednesday was great and I noticed how valuable it is to hear things twice or more. It was the first lesson of the new set of lessons and as there are 4 or 5 girls who have never been on a Hoop before, the teacher started with all the basics again. Pull ups and chin ups on the Hoop for warm-ups, how to get with your legs in and out safely, lots of pike training in all variations. How to get up to sitting and down - and this time I heard her say hints that totally went past me the first time round, so now things go a lot smoother, yay. We also did a move I did not know yet: you hook one leg in and hang with your arms stretched out, then straighten the hanging leg together with the hooked leg so that you are one straight line upside down (gotta push your bum up for that, harder than it looks) and then you can open the straight legs and balance that - very interesting and I tried until my arms nearly fell off.

Will do it at home once I am strong enough again and take a pic to show what I mean.

One of the other girls clearly went beyond her limits and came crushing down at some stage (we had someone fall hard during the lesson before already, what is it with people, don't they want to keep safe??) and it turned out she had been sick and her body was still weakened. She did not look good to me and from how her whole body was shaking while training I thought this can't be safe! So maybe that is why I am being extra careful to recover first. I really want to be in this for the long term and it seems to be underestimated too easily.

Did not do any pole training this week now either as first half was too busy with other things, and I planned on my weekend, so bleh on that.

But  yay on having been out twice with my daughter on our roller blades :)

Yay on having been on a flute concert of daughter and guitar concert of son, so that'll have to go as our outings this week

Also yay on having played lots of board games with my daughter while having to rest in bed with the fever

Yay on having done my stretching four times this week despite set back

Okay might as well sum up now lol

Week 1 Summary

a) Pole training 2x / week (+ 3 STR) - none done, bad planning plus sick, so am letting myself off the hook here

b, Handstand training (daily) + 3 STA - 4/7 done, forgot one day (ooops) and couldn't 2 day due to sick

c) Stretches for Splits (4x / week) + 3 DEX - 4/4  :triumphant:

d) Training and outings with kids + 3 CHA 4/3  :triumphant:

e) Eye exercises and work schedule + 1 CON + 2 WIS  :triumphant:

Eye exercises went very well and I did catch up with a lot of due work things. Also tracking my work hours for the first time ever and this week I spent about 6 hours a day on office, communication, website, audio editing and other office things on most days. No wonder I couldn't fit that all into the little time I would have liked to compress it to. Because my main work should consist of the sessions I give, or at least half of my hours should be on that as the other things do bring some money in as well, but still - room for way more efficiency here I am thinking.

Have some ideas of delegating a few things, it's just out of my comfort zone and I will have to try out how much time it does safe me long term... solutions will come, I know it.

The eye exercises are good fun actually. I haven't done them between every hour but at least 2-3 times a day. I massage the two "dents" at the back of my head (they are connected to the eye nerves through meridian lines, or something I think, anyhow they are connected) and then I stretch my eyes in all directions, left right up and down, cross wise, in circles, near and far,... in between I have moments where I feel my sight even improves so that is super cool. I don't usually need glasses, but when I am tired my far sight diminishes a bit and this seems to help.

All in all a moderate start, not bad at all

Important message to self lol
200.gif

• Like 2

May I borrow this focus idea from you? Really need to change my focus too.

Borrow away!! Should we turn it into a "Keep calm and shift focus thing?"

Any photoshop wizards to do it for us??

Also double posts with dragon pics are ALWAYS welcome 

I+love+the+smile+the+dragon+gives+_0db85

• Like 1

I know the trick simply as splits under the bar, no fancy name. :)

That was a lot of yays and a really good week 1, especially considering life getting in the way!

• Like 1

I know the trick simply as splits under the bar, no fancy name. :)

That was a lot of yays and a really good week 1, especially considering life getting in the way!

that makes sense, just that mine are a faaaaaar way from splits :D

another reason to keep working on it :)

There is nothing better than a brief illness or the like to show you the level of fitness you have become accustomed too! I could not go into the plough pose for stretching today as my middle and upper back were in pain from it   :huh: normally that is one of my favorite stretches and soo relaxing!!

Oh well, will celebrate every inch improvement as it comes you can bet on that.

Hear, hear! It is so hard to deal with not being able to perform at the standards that you are used to and very frustrating, but I love how you phrased this. We are so lucky to be physically well and able to enjoy the levels of fitness we've accrued and are so lucky to get to do the physical things we love and enjoy. Brief injuries and sicknesses should be reminders of how great we do have it normally... though STILL very frustrating. ;)

Great week 1, LFD!

• Like 3