• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

It doesn't matter how easy or difficult it is for others, it is how you feel about it that counts. ;)

Early mornings, between 5h00-6h00 is my best time if I want to get some training done. Later during the day takes a HUGE effort.

Exactly! It's what keeps me going and what's rewarding truly. The rest is just small mind blabbering in between :P

Early mornings is great, yet I find I feel so good afterwards, my whole system says "yay, you've been good today, now it's time to take a break and relax" so working after that is really tough to get into, so it kind of slows me down at work... for a while I thought I had to find a way to get it both in during my mornings, now I am thinking, hey everybody's different, maybe afternoon / evening will actually work better for me? Something to explore.

So happy you found something that works well for you.

This!

And I don't know how you do it, but you make running sound (almost) nice. ;)

Hahaha, I am as surprised how much I am enjoying it. Secret for me is to not distract myself with audio books or the like but to focus on the movement itself, making it a pleasant thing to do. And that is pretty amazing :)

I just realised I've been meaning to post a comment on pole spins since forever but I completely forgot about it! I can't say I'm very good at them, but I've picked up a few things that may or may not be helpful to you.

- Kind of obvious, but only grip the pole as much as you need to, any more and your grip will act as a break.
- Make sure to create a large angular momentum before entering the spin, if you do then you'll speed up as you get closer to the pole (think ice skater bringing their arms in a pirouette), otherwise you'll just slide down the pole. So for the back hook for example you want to bring your hips out as far away from the pole as possible (meaning your inside leg should be close to the pole) and really extend and swing that leg around before bending your legs and getting close to the pole. If you get close too early you'll kill the momentum. Don't be scared of it, speed is your friend. And it's kind of fun.  :)
- Lead with your head, typically the body follows to where your eyes are directed. Again for the back hook you want to look over your shoulder instead of looking straight ahead. Think sexy hair whipping around rather than holding on for dear life.  ;)

Not sure if any of it helps, it's difficult to troubleshoot from the video. And really, it all looks good, so it might just be that you simply need to go for it more to get that little bit of extra oomph.  :)

You are the sweetest! And totally right of course!! Actually I know about the hip away from pole and large angle, my teacher keeps saying the same thing, but my hips aren't listening to it yet :P they just love the pole and tend to stick closely to it after half a turn already. It's one of those things I know in my brain and feel "oh now I know how to do it!" and then my body repeats the same old and I go "aarrrgh" ... good thing I am stubborn and won't give up on it. YES, to more leaning out, yes to more flying, Yes speed is my friend  :onthego:  

Love your descriptions! Will go for ice skater grace in my arms, yay. Yes, grip strength is a tricky thing, when I would need the tight grip it forsakes me and yet during the spins there it is, ahahaha,

That look over my shoulder sounds interesting, can't wait to try that out. Have to admit sexy hair whipping is one of my more daunting challenges yet, good thing I don't have to work as a table dancer lol those parts intimidate me totally, BUT who doesn't love a challenge?!

Thanks so much for all the great pointers, big happy kiss your way 

She forgot about us because she has her hubby back  ;)

Aaaah, yes hubby is back (squee) and work piled up and printer broke and dish washer still gave trouble and we might go for a brief holiday trip over the weekend that needs to be organized,.... I just drowned a bit and am still coming up for air.

Never forgot!! (How could I?  :love_heart: ) Just didn't get a chance to update or visit, sorry.

Dish washer seems finally working again, new printer is installed and I am proud to report that I am still on my running schedule.

Did my 8 km both on Fri (57min 30!!! New PR) and Sun (65 min in barefeet shoes). Will go for another today. This barefeet run went better, but I realized the route I run has too much tar road for barefeet shoe comfort, so today it will be my trainers again.

But first I'll have to tackle some work stuff once more. Office stuff, motivation come to me, please! I love the sessions and workshops I give (had a fabulous group on Sunday for a massage workshop, it was such fun), if I do my office work alright, I can do more of those... and go on holiday on Thursday... and feel on top of my game... 

So off I go

I will be back!!!!

• Like 2

It's one of those things I know in my brain and feel "oh now I know how to do it!" and then my body repeats the same old and I go "aarrrgh" ... good thing I am stubborn and won't give up on it. 

Oh how I know that feeling! :P

Good luck with everything!

• Like 2

Was just kidding/teasing about the "forgot about us". I KNOW you won't forget us, you have a BIG :love_heart:  of gold. Glad you got things under control again, and that you are so enjoying the workshops! Hope you manage to take the weekend off for a bit of a break. :salute:

• Like 1

Oh my, I loooove those pictures with the hoop! You're looking really fabulous and while you say you were uncomfortable/scared, I can't tell at all. You look like a natural up there. And, yeah, you ALMOST make running sound magical. Fabulous work with that and I'm glad you've found a method that is working for you. I'll have to look into Chi running the next time I get that running bug in my head (probably next spring... it seems to be seasonally linked. ;) ).

• Like 2

Haha, it's so much easier to explain movements to the brain than to the body. Everyone tells me to jump up more for frontflips, but my body rarely listens :( You have the right attitude - just be wary about drilling bad habits. Do the movement where your hip needs to be far from the pole, but really exaggerate it being far from the pole. Once your brain gets the hang of that (no pun intended!) then the correct habit should stick :)

• Like 2

Good luck with wrapping everything up so you can go and have fun! :D

Thank you, managed well enough and we had a fabulous time :)

Oh how I know that feeling! :tongue:

Good luck with everything!

It was so very comforting to find out on the forums that it seems I am in good company on that one :)

Thanks, same to you, busy bee  :love_heart:

Was just kidding/teasing about the "forgot about us". I KNOW you won't forget us, you have a BIG :love_heart:  of gold. Glad you got things under control again, and that you are so enjoying the workshops! Hope you manage to take the weekend off for a bit of a break. :salute:

Oh I know you were kidding. The weekend off was fantastic, now my excitement for work is fresh and good again, yay.

I feel so well rested, yum.

It was beautifully warm at Lake Garda, I even slept one night under the stars with my son (because he was sick most of the night, but let's not go into that...)

We did some sightseeing at a pretty castle and explored busy touristy cobble streets, totally picturesque ... and were so glad to be at a quieter beach again after :D

Kids swam a lot, the water was perfect. Italian food is too delicious so we enjoyed that thoroughly too. I did go for my run along the lake the one morning to keep up my training schedule, so yay on that too. All in all big success.

• Like 1

Oh my, I loooove those pictures with the hoop! You're looking really fabulous and while you say you were uncomfortable/scared, I can't tell at all. You look like a natural up there. And, yeah, you ALMOST make running sound magical. Fabulous work with that and I'm glad you've found a method that is working for you. I'll have to look into Chi running the next time I get that running bug in my head (probably next spring... it seems to be seasonally linked. ;) ).

Thank you so  :redface:  It does feel fabulous once I'm at the right spots, had finally a lesson again and it was soooooooooo cool!! Turned out my trainer is suffering from a tennis elbow  :nightmare: and she will try to do less during lessons, but it's difficult to do. Hoop moves can't be explained that well, better to be demonstrated, there is no other trainer at the school for this and she didn't want to make the gap any longer for us. Hope she can recover at this slower pace.

I am loving all the hoop training sooo much, will post fresh things on new thread soon (hopefully :D )

Ahh, running CAN be magical and I have these moments when my posture and swing is obviously right because then it feels like flying, strong, light, free, so cool! Then again I get sloppy and feel like a heavy blob bobbing along, good thing the contrast is big enough to make me notice early on so that I can correct it then. That is the tricky part and mostly I am in the middle field, somewhere between bliss and the heavy footfalls, tendency improving though. Had a bit of a crisis on my runs last Thursday and Saturday, today went super well again so now all is right again with the running world and me :)

Will probably pause over winter as well, after I (hopefully) managed my run in October. Spring is a lovely time to get out and run!

Haha, it's so much easier to explain movements to the brain than to the body. Everyone tells me to jump up more for frontflips, but my body rarely listens :( You have the right attitude - just be wary about drilling bad habits. Do the movement where your hip needs to be far from the pole, but really exaggerate it being far from the pole. Once your brain gets the hang of that (no pun intended!) then the correct habit should stick :)

Excellent point about not drilling bad habits. I do the hip really far away to start thing and I think it is getting better. Haven't tried Hatter's hint yet with the look over shoulder, maybe the combination will do the trick. Sometimes it is just a small comment from someone and suddenly things click into place. How I am looking forward to that moment :)

Are you starting a new thread for the new challenge?

Absolooooooodle!!

Will do that now and sum up this challenge later as I HAVE to get into the new minis!!!!!!!

Will post link into my signature again so that you lovelies will find me again. Ahh the excitement of a fresh challenge *rubbing hands*

• Like 1

Oooohh! Castles, cobblestone paths, beach... *dreamy eyed*. So glad you and the family enjoyed the break together.

castle-dragon.jpg

Glad your teacher is back, although still injured, and glad your running is smoothing out and becoming enjoyable (some of the time - it will get there) :loyal:

• Like 1