Greetings!

I have decided that I need to change. I finally acknowledged that I am, in a word, boring. In two words - boringly unhealthy. Those are not good words.

Life has become work and things that need to happen for survival to be pleasant (cleaning the house, for example) but after those things happen I go into a holding pattern of internet until it's time to sleep and do these things again. Friends? Hobbies? Not so much.

This is not thriving. This is existing. This is pathetic.

This has to change.

Last September I had signed up for the NF emails, and followed the Quests but I never checked out the site or the community. I did okay at first; my dog loved that we were going for walkies, and I actually managed a few push ups (no small feat for someone pushing 350 lbs and with the upper-body strength of kiwi!) and lost about 30 lbs. Then... I don't know. I just sort of gave up.

So... what is going to make this time different? Well, I've learned two very important things about myself.

1) I am easily overwhelmed. But breaking down tasks in to smaller tasks that are spread out over a few days can help me handle even the scariest of them.

2) I need an actual support system. The people I am currently surrounded by are not very supportive; who brings cookies to someone trying to cut out sugar? So I'm turning elsewhere for support. My coworkers are amazing and I'm going to work with some medical people. Oh yeah... and I'm posting here!

Level 2 Adventurer of Dubious Reality
STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 3.6 | CON 3.2 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

Introductory Post

Drop a Person Quest - lose 159 lbs.    Start: 309.7   Current: 280    Loss: 29.7

18.6%
18.6%

Current ChallengeRecruit Challenge - 2 

Challenge 2.1 starts... NOW!

Meal Time: 0/5 weeks planned

0%
0%

Time to Get Up: 0/36 workouts

0%
0%

Buffy Time: 1/34 episodes

2.9%
2.9%

Temps Française: 0/8 des heures

0%
0%

Welcome to the rebellion. This is a very supportive place where you will find all the encouragement you need. We are all about breaking things down into small, manageable tasks as well. In fact, a new six week challenge is starting tomorrow. Why not head over to the recruit section of the challenge threads and sign up?

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath