• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Batwoman

Batwoman Says Hello Again

Sooooo I kind of disappeared from NF for a little bit because of life things. I've been doing well on my own due to habits I've picked up through doing challenges and being a part of the community, but I feel like coming back for another challenge to keep tabs on myself.

… How do I do this again?

Goals, challenges…. Riiiiiiight.

Let's dive in.

tumblr_mecnthQoOP1rl8qnxo1_400.gif

Goal 1: Waking up at 5AM every morning, going to sleep at 10PM.

For the past couple of weeks I have been waking up at 5 in the morning to try to do fitness things. Well the waking up part has been going well but I lack the motivation to do body weight workouts in the morning. I think that is one of the reasons I have kind of stalled in my fitness goals. I just can't muster up the motivation to do reps and workouts.

So I think now the waking up early is primarily going to be for morning stretching and chores.

Being boring and consistent I find is a key to success. So I also have a bed time. An hour before bed I'll start stretching and reading. That way I'm not playing video games or looking at any other type of screen before bed (for better sleep).

There's a lot of little pieces to this goal, but mainly it's the waking up and going to bed on time. That leads to productive days.

Goal 2: Pack lunch.

I started a new job at the beginning of May. The people at my office (lovely people) looooooooove to eat out. So I need to try my best to not get sucked into ordering out all the time. I'm usually pretty good at it, but sometimes I get lazy and don't pack my lunch... and then oops a burrito happens.

anchorman-burrito.gif

Goal 3: Journaling - keeping up with NerdFitness

This place is great for me, but I get distracted a lot and forget to log-in and update. I also happen to be a Guild Leadery type so it would be good of me to keep up with the guild. So one of my goals as I get back from hiatus is to come in and update once a week, as well as find time to read other challenges and doing Guild leader duties (hehe... doody).

Not a very concrete/specific goal at this point. I need to look at my schedule and kind of feel out what kind of time commitment I can make.

A lot of this challenge is habit building, as well as just analyzing myself to see how to life better.

Anyway, more on this later.

I'M OUT!

Sea-Otter-GIFs-1.gif

• Like 9

Yet another NF comeback! Lunch packing is a good but difficult habit to build, although it goes hand-in-hand with getting up on time, which just so happens to be another one of your goals! Set up for success. I have a lot of the same informal goals, since I would like to work out in the morning before work and I try to pack lunches to save money, so tips and tricks are welcomed. I will be watching for progress! Nice simple goals, I like it.

My gif hero is back. Hi Bats! Will be watching, especially on the journaling front - I often used to fall over with that one myself. Though now I spend a lot of time tooling around on my phone while my baby feeds off me, nothing better to do ;-) here's to updates whee!

I sure don't know how come so many of us have decided to come back right now, but I'm sure happy to see so many known faces. Welcome back Bats!

You're all too kind. I'm glad to be back. I NEED to be back. Feel like I hit my "rock-bottom" health wise the past couple of days.

It all starts with being sick this weekend and not being able to batch cook, which rolls into not having food in the house. Then boom I'm not packing lunch or bringing food to work and now I'm sitting here with half a Wawa hoagie in my stomach feeling like death. Doesn't help that last night I had ice cream for dinner. Whoops. While extremely cool to be an adult and able to have ice cream for dinner it is not the healthiest choice.

So, I'm just going to wallow in my crappy hoagie stomach. NEVER AGAIN HOAGIE!

• Like 1

And maybe that day you needed a Ice cream bulk, to build almighty muscles! Sorry for your stomach, mine doesn't really like dairy and if I have some.. well hopefully nobody will be around :(

Yay! You're back too!

...And you've just reminded me I still have half a tub of my favourite ice cream in the freezer.

..Damn it.

(Still glad you're back though!!!)

One spoonful at a time, and then you have another spoon to wash in the sink. Small amounts and a bit of a cost.

• Like 1

One spoonful at a time, and then you have another spoon to wash in the sink. Small amounts and a bit of a cost.

That's actually a really interesting tactic. I'm not sure if sloth or gluttony would be the deadly sin to win that battle...

• Like 1

That's actually a really interesting tactic. I'm not sure if sloth or gluttony would be the deadly sin to win that battle...

They both get their moment to shine and they both get a nap. 

Last week was kind of a struggle.

anigif_enhanced-23896-1403623002-22.gif

You know when you just feel off a bit. You're not sick but you still feel eckgh. Well that was me last week and it led to bad choices and not going to bed on time and not waking up on time. Just a stumble out of the gate.

So of course I've made some adjustments to correct course. I need to start stretching and taking the dog for walks in the morning. I'm saving my two favorite podcasts (which run between 2 and 3 hours) only for walking time. That way I'm rewarded for not being a chair barnacle and I have something to look forward to and spring out of bed in the morning to do.

I only had one stumble with the hoagie at the beginning of the week. Now I'm making giant batches of chicken breast that I just throw in the crockpot and have on hand. I've been mixing it with onions and peppers and burrito fixings for a burrito bowl without rice. nom nom. I was lazy and didn't do any batch cooking this weekend, but I hope to do a little bit tonight... fingers crossed.

I haven't been on NF too much. I need to schedule that into my day. I try to sneak on during work but I can't focus on it, so it is useless. Maybe 30 minutes in the morning or 30 minutes before bedtime each night?

On to week 2.

otter-o.gif

• Like 2

Still just glad to have you back!! Definitely been there with the feeling off. Sometimes it's an environmental thing, sometimes it's a mental thing. Best thing I find is to get a focus to be able to try to center yourself. 

Two thumbs up for the course corrections!!! I think that sometimes we have the best ideas of what we want to do but they tend to be a rough draft, it's once we get moving that we make our final report come out great.

Keeping up with you for Week Two!