• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

idealistinfire

Idealistinfire Begins Again

Wednesday

- did not do my workout - my shoulder tendons hurt so oddly, I didn't want to risk it

+ mobility exercises completed. Those hurt too, but in a good way

+ hour of movement completed; took going to the dog park before work, but it still helped :)

+ restarted veggie quest

Trying to decide if I should reschedule my workout for tomorrow or skip it altogether and restart Friday. My guy suggested doing lower body and harder mobility exercises, assuming my shoulders can handle it. Seems like a decent idea

Sounds like a smart plan with the shoulder. Keep listening!

I did not get my workout done. In the am, I figured an extra rest day would be better (half laze, half good judgment). Although my shoulder does feel significantly more stable today, I do wish I had done a mini workout. Especially since it was a drive 5 hours and sit and chat with the nearly in laws kind of day. Good day, but not much activity.

Did get my veggies in, so at least that quest is still on track

• Like 1

It was a pretty awesome workout today :D I was stiff/tight from all the sitting yesterday, so spent a little extra time on stretching. But finished the BW Level 1, set A. Subbed 2 sets of 4 knee pushups and 10 wall push UPS, and running in place for jumping jacks (jj hurt my shoulders 1 in 3 times).

Made a delightful skillet with 1 of each : yellow potato, red pepper, bag of "baby" carrots, and egg, plus 1/2 large avocado, and 2 Swiss chard leaves.  Super tasty.

Just need another 30ish minutes of movements, and shoulder mobility, and it shall be an accomplished kind of day 

• Like 4

Friday - reached all the goals

Saturday, ate veggie skillet, walked for 30+ minutes, and cooked for another 30+. No shoulder exercises :(

Today is a rest day and a Mariner's game day, so I will definitely get my walking in :) We always park about a mile from the stadium to save on parking costs.

• Like 1

Week 3, Monday

+ workout completed! Couple subs for the shoulder, and couldn't quite finished all the lunges. But not only did I overcome multiple, relentless sabotaging thoughts ("you don't have to work out today", "one circuit is enough"," You already did more than last time, why should you finish this set?"), I also noticed the warm up routine felt like a warm up and not an extra workout :D Happiness abounds

Still need walking, shoulder mobility exercises and veggies. Also, I'm gathering up my courage to see if I can qualify for a bank loan and would like to get some lunch prep for the week. Busy kind of day

• Like 4

Seems like things are going well :). Congratulations on feeling like the warming up is not an extra workout, that means your strength and endurance are really improving :D.

• Like 1

Thanks guys!

Tuesday: walked a lot (silly restless puppy), missed veggies, got my shoulder mobility exercises in. Started feeling sick (cold symptoms) so tried to go to bed early so i'd be okay for my workout. Mildly successful.

Wednesday: did my workout despite feeling exhausted. Was grateful it was the shorter of the two workouts. Tried eating a roasted pepper with salmon dip this morning, but my body was all "wtf is that!? Too early! No!", and that killed motivation for the rest of the day. Being sick didn't help either... it's only 8pm and all I want to do is sleep. At least the workout was done.

Still stressed about house and job searching, plus the AmeriCorps' term ends this week, so I am effectively covering two positions through October while helping management clean up the mess of the newly revised program they implemented last month. I remember when I liked summer :tongue:

Edit: after literally laying on the kitchen floor for about 10 minutes, feeling totally overwhelmed, I pet my worried sidekick, took a breath and told myself to do one thing for me. Got up and made a super tasty skillet with bacon, mushrooms, carrots, red pepper, onion, cayenne pepper, basil and pine nuts. Had a couple bites since I already ate dinner and am packing the rest for lunch tomorrow. Not sure I feel better emotion-wise, but at least there's a tasty, healthy lunch waiting for me. I really wish I were hungry so I could eat that sucker now :) Also reminded myself I have counseling tomorrow, so that's good too. She's helpful and encouraging, and I really need that right now. So there, took a couple steps towards sanity without more self-sabotaging behavior.

Edited by idealistinfire
  • Like 3

Mini woot! I followed both moderation, mindful eating at dinner tonight and so was able to do my make-up workout and thereby follow "don't miss two". Did a free form workout, meaning I did workout moves that are fun but challenging and ended with a short dance. Practiced more self awareness and hopefully caught myself before injuring my shoulder, so yay.

Positives amongst my stress: my bf took over the house search and was super supportive of my stress attack. And my least favorite, most useless "employee" is no longer working at our organization. And above mentioned woot :)

Per counselor's suggestions, I am starting 30 Days of Positive Filters- that is, at the end of the day writing 3 good things that happened and then reviewing them when you wake up. Done it twice now, and we shall see. Also get to write what thought is driving my anxiety/instant anger/etc... to get a hold of those emotions too. I wont be writing those here, but I believe I'll give myself +3 charisma and +2 wisdom if I complete both. 

So..... better. Not great, but better.   That's my prognosis for the weekend/coming week.

• Like 2

better = great in many ways. It's not possible to do great every single day and you have had a lot of great in this challenge already :) Catching yourself when you are low and getting back up again is really great too.

Easy to be good to yourself while you are happy and strong. On the off days, not so easy at all. Love the self-love through good, yummy nutrition and yay to sticking to your workouts this well!

You're rocking it, keep it up

dvd29h.gif

• Like 2

thanks!!! I needed to hear that :)

The bf and I went walking (tired out the pup!) and invested is good food (yay real ingredients!) so adding extra veggies in will be easier this week. Good rest day (no sign of shoulder injury, just normal, happy DOMS), and even have the energy to look forward to the rest of the week.

I am pleased with my stress rebound on this one - no way I would have pulled this off a year ago. Y'all are great support :)

• Like 2

Had a great friend day..really great...but too tired to write much else. Literally fell asleep sideways on the couch and then while writing my journal in bed.Proof that my introverted energy supply is lower than usual. Currently contemplating ways to recharge during the week so I don't collapse again.

Got my hour of activity in at least and happy points from all the happy time, though all other goals took a holiday today. Workout scheduled for tomorrow morning, so time for bed. Check in with yall tomorrow

• Like 2

Great that you had some good days :).

How is the positive filter challenge coming along? My counselor told me to do something similar, but on some days it seems a bit daunting to think of 3 good things. Did you manage to do it every day until now?

• Like 1

Umm, sort of. I forgot to write it down once and then couldn't remember the 3rd thing in the morning. Another time, my bf informed me that "finally getting to concentrate on work and not deal with bitchy, annoying and useless people all day" was quasi-legal at best. I don't see why - it made me smile ;)

Did 1/2 of my workout.....at the dog park! I was running behind due to not seeing well and knew I wouldn't do it once I got back home. So when there weren't people around, I snuck in a total of 20 modified pushups (used too of park bench), 20 squats and 20 lunges. Clearly I was not laying anywhere on that ground, but it was fun. Both the pup and I left tired.

Now I'm just working on not panicking about moving and work and all. Definitely time for some happy reading.....

• Like 1

Been an exhausting week. On the plus side, my support system kept back the panic attacks by having dinner and game nights. On the less helpful side, I've missed my workouts and other goals. Bree did get activity three times, which is something.

All I really want is for the house to get detailed while I relax by the lakeside

• Like 2

Have you heard anything about a potential house or new job yet?

It's good to have a support system that keeps you distracted, I hope you'll feel more relaxed soon.

Everyone needs some R&R, don't think it's a bad thing.  Glad you were still able to work in some activities with the pup.

• Like 1

@Waanie - alas, no on both accounts. I find houses I like, only to have them vetoed by the bf or they don't accept 3 pets or it's $4,000+ to move-in. And I've been so, um, obsessed with house searching, I haven't had a chance to job search. It leads to feeling trapped and panicky, but I am managing and my guy is helping, so, ya know 

Spent Monday getting centered - turned down another eventful day with friends to read and clean and cook at home, play with my dog and BF at the park and carefully did not think about anything stressful, so no internet. It helped, though I still want to crash at the ocean for a month and see what I come back to.

Tomorrow is a workout day - my ears should finally be normal-ish (I've been half-deaf from fluid and pressure for 2 weeks, and my ears have been giving me trouble in general for a month now) and I need to build up my strength rather than continuing to let my energy be drained from me. My friend has a shirt that says "I run to get the crazy out" - I need one that says "I strength train to keep the crazy contained".... 

• Like 1

Sounds like it's time for so,e serious workouts! They work somewhat stress-relieving, and you can usually see progress if you keep at it, even if you don't see it in other parts of your life. "A workout a day keeps the doctor away" ;).

• Like 2

Blargh, my prior post didn't make it :( but there is not a whole lot to report except that we finally found a new house. It's pricier than I wanted and kind of boring looking, but it's in a good location and we can move into it in 2ish weeks (Sept 26th).  My poor challenge has been sadly neglected in the midst of all this stress. I will have to regroup and try again during the next one.

• Like 1