Elanor the Fair starts serious business (Challenge #3)

So, after the last challenge went really well, here comes the next!
It is a huge post - you don’t have to read everything, it is more to clarify my personal goals!

Let’s take a look on my overall motivation:

Quote: My overall goal is to loose about 30 kgs till the end of the year. My motivation are my horses for whom I want to be fit and light so they don't have to carry around too much unneeded weight.
I also want to loose more for my husband because he starts liking me getting lighter.

In the last challenge I barely made a lot of real changes but those small steps worked out really awesome - this time I would like to start serious business in boosting my weight loss. So, here come my goals:

1. Nutrition: Level through the Nutrition-levels in the academy
Details: At the moment I’m somewhere level 4 or 5 and I want to get as high as possible for some time so I can then choose where I’m feeling best in the long term and at last settle at the healthy point. I will track my calories and drink 7-8 glasses of water everyday.
Goals:

• Week 1: Level 4+5 to see where I’m at
  • Week 2&3: Level 6
  • Week 4: Level 7 (let’s do a readjustment of this at this moment)
  • Week 5&6: Level 8

Grading: 1 day, all done: 3 points, 1 slip: 1 point, more slips: no point

2. Fitness: Get up (best at sunrise +1 pt) and go out for - at least! - 5 mins of walking or anything
Last challenge showed that I have not been specific enough. It is time that I’m lacking and I have to set a specific moment on the day. Getting up and doing any physical activity instead of just starting the computer could challenge my whole habits!!!

• Goals: Increase minimum every week.

Grading: 5 (weekly minimum) mins: 3 points, every other 5 mins: add 1, skipping 1 day: -2 points
3. Snacking: build the habit of resisting snacking
Snacking is just terrible for me. I can eat so many unneeded calories. I’m already skipping breakfast, having lunch at noon but in the afternoon I stroll around the fridge still a little to much ;)
Goals:

• Week 1: 4 Snacks any size allowed per day,
  • Week 2: 3
  • and so on till 1 snack left.

Coffee once a day excluded!

Grading: done: 3 points, one snack more: 1 point

4. Side quest: Leaving my kitchen clean before I leave the house
Even though its already quite clean, I tend to let everything stand around for some time before giving me the motivation to clean. I want to build that habit to clean more regularly.

Grading: 3 points for washing the dishes + 2 for everything else. Skipping: -2 points.

Grading
As you can see in my signature, I’m now a Dwarf Adventurer in the NF-leveling system. So rewards will go into the stats of the char mainly. Rewarding with money is a great motivation though but I haven’t spent the other money because lacking the time, so this time yes, I will award myself money but otherwise.

I will track everyday, giving myself points. End of the week I will give myself an overall grade and add a small money reward into my bank, depending on the grade.

A 100% day is about 15 points.

A 100% week is about 100 points

100% 6-weeks: 600 points

This will make the grading A-F obvious. There will be weekly money rewards:
100 % = 5 €, 75% = 4 €, 50 % = 2,50 €, 25% = 1 €, less = -0,50 €

When leveling up in the NF-diet, I will add 2,50 € also!

And there will be a money reward depending on the overall grade at the end also!

This time, as a reward, I will want to make a long hike somewhere. Maybe 5-10kms.

Ok, this was a huge post, but I need it to have all my rules clear somewhere. Looking forward to reading your logs guys. I found such a great community here!

Coming up will be a post with my actual weight today and measurements.

Thank you for reading!

Let’s rock this challenge!
Jaana

• Like 1

Level 9 Human-Viking Paladin
Challenges: #1 ... #2 ... #3 ... #4 ... #5 ... #6 ... #7 ... #8 ... #9 ... Current: #10

My journey - Elanor's official Blog

My weekly Fitness-Vlog on YouTube

So, I'm up 1 kg because of binging and stress since last week and my measures haven't changed yet of course ;)

I'll weigh myself after 3 weeks to see where I'm  standing. I've been out this morning already :victorious: 500m

• Like 1

Challenges: #1 ... #2 ... #3 ... #4 ... #5 ... #6 ... #7 ... #8 ... #9 ... Current: #10

best of luck - for what it's worth, if I eat more protein at breakfast time I don't feel like snacking until it's time for lunch.

• Like 1
STR 8 | DEX 4 | STA 7 | CON 6 |  WIS 9.75 | CHA 10.5
Current challenge | Accountable to chronologically blessed

Progress bars below!

Feb 2016
Quest 1 - Misfit to 800 4 days out of 7

0%
0%
Quest 2 - Mindfulness daily

0%
0%

Quest 3 - Veg with every meal, 2 pints of water a day

0%
0%
Life Goal - Self Care
0%
0%

Hi Scumspawn - I already don't eat breakfast anymore. Just fits well with my scedule and I can easily stay with it.

Ok, so the first days are the usual chaos. I will update beginning of next week (tracking my progress this time also on paper). I feel fat and yesterday I was so stressed out I totally binged. Good there was no pasta or bread around, only potato salad and cheese but good lord, my head sank as I saw the calories I had eaten that day! :(

But I'm strong and I will succeed!!!!

Ok, so this weekend turned out to be really chaotic. I think I picked to difficult goals this time but we'll see at the end of the challenge.

For today I will just update my points here. I only did 34 points of 100, which makes 34 % = Grade E ... :(

But it still rewards me with 1 € and it could be worse. I'm still really motivated now! :)

It's a new week! Don't get down because you weren't as successful as you hoped. All of your goals look achievable, and your rating/reward system seems really solid. Does your money reward come from normal budgeting, or does it reflect not snacking? Ie whatever you don't spend on snacks, to help you on that goal, would go towards that savings.

I'm a bit jealous that you own and get to ride horses. How often do you get to take them out?

• Like 1

Sylph Spellblade | Level 10 STR 5.2 | DEX 4.2 | STA 6.2 | CON 11.32 | WIS 6.75 | CHA 7.3

17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

Battle Log

Epic Quest!

ok, week 2 is over and went far better than I thought!

I learned a lot about myself. These challenges are really awesome!!!

I really made a bunch of points this week: a total of 69 which gives me the grade of C - to be improved next week of course!!!

I made some small edits to my goals in just adding that I will do, starting with this week, a daily pushups/squats routine of 10 (this is no real workout yet so I hope it's ok if I do them daily?).

So, 69 points makes me reach 50 % and thus I reward myself of 2,50 €. This money I'm putting immediatly into my little bank here at my table ;)

Snacking is quite tough, but manageable. It's amazing, that I only finished through 3 days without having any sweets. I'm not that "sweet tooth" person and always ate less chocolates and stuff than others, but it seems that I'm eating more than I thought. This challenge has revealed this, because before I was only focused on my overall calories, allowing myself a slip here and there. Now, counting those points and seeing, that I only got 3 is really awkward.

I go for a walk (and take that nervous dog with me because he won't stay home alone) every morning. Yesterday even through pouring rain. This time I was equipped with a good waterproof vest, so it was fine.

Cleaning the kitchen really is the habit to build and I'm amazed that I start to like it. But I still not manage very well the time I need before I leave the house to really do it.

That's for today, have a great week everyone - maybe I'll manage to update even before the end of next week.

Keep up the battle in the name of the rebellion!!!

Jaana

So, today's already the start of the next challenge but I wanted to post here my last results quickly:

the challenge went really good - sorry I didn't stick to updating here -

I made 85 % of the total, giving me a grade of B - yay! :triumphant:

513pts of 600

But as the challenge ended last week, I hit some kind of depression as I saw that the scale had been going up 2 lbs insteat of even a gram down. I sadly binged the week now, but I somehow understand it: I really had a massive amount of points to do and at the end I was really exhausted. The weeks rest from thinking about food and especially chatting with some fellow rebel girls from NF made me understand that I had to refocus - make even smaller steps. So, I learned a lot with this challenge and after resting I'm now motivated to start the next one - with more regular updates I hope!

Thank you everyone!

Jaana

a B grade is brilliant! well done!

can you post a link to your September challenge so I can follow you, I have the same problem with taking too much on.

• Like 1
STR 8 | DEX 4 | STA 7 | CON 6 |  WIS 9.75 | CHA 10.5
Current challenge | Accountable to chronologically blessed

Progress bars below!

Feb 2016
Quest 1 - Misfit to 800 4 days out of 7

0%
0%
Quest 2 - Mindfulness daily

0%
0%

Quest 3 - Veg with every meal, 2 pints of water a day

0%
0%
Life Goal - Self Care
0%
0%

Hey Scumspawn - here is the link (finally!) to the new post! http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/71432-elanors-challenge-4-one-habit-at-a-time/Can you give me yours too?