• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Elennare

Elennare Infiltrates the Galactic Senate

Or, the one where she fixes her stomach!

After that starship turned out to be a piece of junk, I have finally arrived at Coruscant, later than scheduled.  But, I made it.  Now, I need to replace the Senator and hope I'm not to late to stop the Chancellor!

This is going to be a very simple challenge, actually.  Only two "real" goals, plus a bonus "life" goal.

Goal One: Fix my stomach muscles!  As discovered shortly after the start of last challenge, I have a fairly bad diastasis rectii.  I am now working to fix this.  Since I started last week, and the program I'm following is 12 weeks long, I started a battle log for it, where I'll be putting the updates.  You can find it here: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/68796-elennares-boss-fight-vs-dinostasis-wreck-ti/ Sorry for the cringe-worthy title.

Goal Two: Eat better!  After getting much better at making our meals at home, it's time to start working on making them healthy meals again.  I'd like to end up paleo (or at least mostly so), so I'm going to be working to that end for this challenge.  I'll come back and edit in the exact goals once I have them decided on, because "eat healthy" isn't a very trackable goal.

Bonus Goal:  Work on the Padme costume!  I'd like to have it finished by the end of the challenge, but that may be biting off more than I can chew.  So, I will set the goal at having at least one major piece of the costume finished.

• Like 2

Lunch today was finishing off the left over pizza, so that was not so healthy. Breakfast was paleo scones (with lots of fresh blueberries in them), and dinner was spaghetti made with gluten free noodles. 2/3 is pretty good. All 3 avoided buying already-prepared/new food, so that was good.

Tomorrow I have plans for all meals to be healthy!

Yay healthy meals yesterday.  My snack may have been a calorie bomb, though.  Oops.  It was REALLY yummy, though!  Dinner last night wasn't quite what I had planned originally, but it was still really good. Kahlua pig, sweet potato fries, and grilled peaches (slice in half, remove pit, spread w/a tad bacon grease, grill, sprinkle with cinnamon and serve with a mint leaf).

Today, not so great.  Overslept, so breakfast ended up being gluten free toaster waffles with chocolate chips and a big handfull of lychees.  Lunch will probably be fairly healthy, but not home made because I didn't have time to grab anything (need to work on putting lunch together the night before...maybe I should make that part of my goal...).  Dinner is going to be a pot luck at the boys' daycare, so who knows what that'll end up being? 

And then, I get to rush off to Little Bug's gymnastics class, and then do my stomach workout when we get home (yoga tonight, per the plan).

On a completely random note, I've decided I'm going to try roller derby.  Need to talk to my friend about how one gets started in that, because apparently my google-fu is weak.  I can't find anything about the beginners class she started with.  At present, not sure when exactly I'll be starting, because I don't have any info.  But hopefully soon!

Ok, the end of the week didn't go as well as hoped.  Also, we are pretty out of food at home, but also very broke right now.  I think, though, that with what we have in the CSA bag and maybe the purchase of a couple things, we can finagle a week's worth of food with minimal expenditure.  So, I think that's going to be the goal for this week - don't buy food!  Time to get creative! :D

Not going so well this week on cooking.  Had a wrench thrown into the works by Husband's birthday party immediately followed by me getting sick.  Feeling better now, but Little Bug has gymnastics tonight so probably not going to have time to cook (unless Husband makes something).  This weekend/next week, we can get back on track, though.

Husband's birthday party was awesome.  I GM'd an RPG for him and a bunch of our friends, for the first time, and it went really well and wasn't nearly as scary as I thought it would be!  Everyone had a blast, even though we didn't make it through the adventure, and have demanded we figure out a time to finish it. :D

The Sick has me a day behind in my workouts, too.  Trying to decide if I'm just going to take one less rest day next week to make up for it, or if I'm just going to switch to starting the week on Tuesday.  That seems too hard to keep track of, though, so I'll probably just skip a rest day.

Yes, the party went really well. :)

I have decided that last week has been disallowed from the challenge, on account of the being sick throwing everything all out of whack.  Starting back on track today, though!

I should probably point out it wasn't a complete loss.  We went to the zoo yesterday, so I got quite a bit of walking in.

Then we got home and found out there had been a car accident just up the road from us (like 2 houses up the road).  There's a curve that people tend to take too fast, and every so often they don't make it.  This is the second accident there since we've lived in the house.  It turns out there's a utility pole in just the right spot to catch people when they miss the curve...

Apparently this time the lady who did it was high, and didn't get hurt (badly?) in the crash.  So, she took off running down the street as soon as she had extracted herself from the car.  One of our neighbors ended up chasing high, a one-legged (prosthetic leg, evidently) woman down the middle of the street so she would still be around when the police showed up!

And then of course the utility company showed up around 11:30pm to fix the pole, so we got to listen to power tools and large trucks all night.  No power for most of the night, either.  And, all of that work up Little Bug, who crawled into our bed (complaining it was too dark and his night light wouldn't turn on, either) and then spent the rest of the night fidgeting which kept me awake.  :(

Fun fun!

Back on track(ish) this week.  Made dinner the last two nights, and Husband is (supposedly) going to cook again today.  Yesterday lunch was leftovers from Monday dinner.  Today, I overslept and didn't get a chance to grab any food on my way out the door, so won't be quite as good today.  Oh well.

Doing good on the exercising front so far as well this week.

I don't think my costume is going to happen this challenge.  Life has been too crazy, and next week I have a business trip, which is possibly going to be immediately followed by another one.  I need to get ready for that this weekend, so no time to work on costuming.  I may decide to just drop this goal for now.

Only one business this month, it turns out.  So, I may not drop my costume goal just yet.

Was doing good this week, then I went and threw a wrench in the works last night.  I decided, rather spur of the moment, to take Little Bug camping overnight so we could watch the Perseid meteor shower.  So, grabbed some sandwiches from Whole Foods for dinner, threw the tent, assorted sleeping supplies, a change of clothes, and Little Bug in the car and off we went.

Only made one wrong turn on the way, we got the tent set up in the dark no problem (yay being able to use the car's headlights), and got up in the middle of the night to watch the sky.  It was a good show.  Got up later than planned, took longer to get ready than expected, so I got to work really late.  We grabbed breakfast at Starbucks on the way home.

Since I was running so late, I pretty much just dropped him and the stuff off at home and went straight to work.  Which means I'll have to buy lunch again, and be further off "plan."

I do not regret this decision at all, though.  We had a great time, and Little Bug was super excited to be going camping (his first time, actually).  I don't know how many meteors he actually saw (but he did say he saw at least a few "space meteors!" so there is that), but he thought it was cool, and he was also amazed by the sky ("the stars are SO beautiful!").  All around, it was a really good trip. :)

2015 08 13 camping

Ooh, yeah, I'll sign up for that! :)

I am back from the business trip.  It was a very good trip, but did not help with meeting my goals at all.  I am not doing so good on this challenge, but I'll keep plugging away.

Tomorrow and Wednesday I have training for work that is pretty close to my house.  I'm debating riding my bike to the class.  I guess we'll see?

Bike ride to class did not happen. I am mostly on track with my exercise plan. Mostly-ish.

Husband has been doing most of the cooking lately. We've been eating out a bit more than I'd like, but we're working on plans to fix that.

Starting roller derby on September 14. Going to try to get some skates this weekend, but we'll see how it goes.

Staying on track with the exercise.  Getting back on track with the food!

Skates have been ordered, and should be in by the end of the week.  Hopefully I'll be able to make it to the rink a few times before the class, because I've never skated on the type of skates used for roller derby.

Had a giant windstorm over the weekend, and lost power for a good part of Saturday.  Husband came home from his internship early, because the zoo ended up closing early because trees were coming down all over the place!  Sadly, it kind of seems like the storm may have also blown summer away.  The forecasted temperatures for the week have dropped over 10 degrees from last week. :(

Oy.  Haven't done any exercise this week.  I've been fighting off a cold, or having really bad allergies, I'm not sure which.  It's left me pretty tired, and I haven't been able to find the time/energy to do anything more than the NF Yoga Shoulder Mobility video last night.

Doing ever so slightly better at making food at home again.  I made biscuits for breakfast...or savory scones?  Is there actually a difference?  They weren't quite as tasty as hoped for, I think because all I had available was really cheap dried herbs.  Growing an indoor herb garden is something I would very much like to do, but we have no windowsills, so I have no where to put one. :(

Given how I've been feeling, I think I'm going to end up taking the rest of the week off, to try to kick whatever this ick is to the curb.  Which effectively means I'm done with the challenge.

Sadly, I have failed in my mission to save the Republic.  I wasn't able to get there in time, and the chancellor has been effectively made a dictator.  Perhaps some other folks will have better luck stopping him?

http://giphy.com/gifs/animated-explosion-alderaan-p6FyKvJLeptn2

Argh!  Still can't figure out how to gif. :(

Remember the challenge before Christmas, where I was knitting stuffed toys for the boys?  And how I got the knitting done in time, but then forgot to pack the pieces for final assembly?

Well, I finally finished putting them together last night!

20150904_203428_zpsl8cexatx.jpg

20150904_202959_zpsreldf8b0.jpg