EmbracingChaos prepares for zombies

EmbracingChaos walks through the deserted city streets; luckily, there are still two hours left of daylight.  Zombies have the advantage once the natural lighting is gone, so it's best to be someplace secure by the time the sun sets.  Sunlight reflects from a nearby store window and fills his vision.  He quickly lowers his gaze to restore his ability to see.  Surprised, he walks toward the abandoned store.  It's pretty rare to find a glass window intact!  Perhaps this store hasn't been ransacked yet, he thinks.  

He kicks the wooden door that previously served as an employee entrance.  The frame snaps and the heavy wooden door smashes its way inside.  Racks of clothes occupy the interior.  Excellent, he thinks.  He looks down at his stained, torn, and altogether destroyed set of clothes.  Definitely time for an upgrade.  Just as he prepares to enter the store, a snarling, blood-covered face jumps from the side of the doorway out at him and snaps its teeth viciously.  EmbracingChaos takes several steps back, raises the metal pipe in his hand, and prepares to do battle.  Two more zombies rush out the doorway to join the fray and EmbracingChaos's heart sinks.

He now realizes his only option is to run.  One zombie would have been easily dispatched, perhaps even two, but three of them would test his limits.  He turns away from the group and prepares to run.  It's been a long time since he has had to run from a group of zombies.  Since he typically only scavenges in the day, the zombies usually don't present much of a problem, nor have they traveled in groups.  The pudge that has gathered around EmbracingChaos's midsection shows the good fortune he has grown accustomed to.  Will he make it out alive?

Goal 1: Average less than 1700 calories per day each week

Goal 2: Average at least 150g of protein and 42g of fat per day each week

Goal 3: Walk at least 5 miles per week, with at least a 35 lb. weighted backpack, at a 6% incline, and at a speed of at least 3 mph

Reason: Told myself I was bulking and did my first three challenges as bulks.  Went from about 11% body fat to about 18% body fat; I'm now about 16% body fat.  I would like to get back down to at least 13% body fat by the time this challenge is over.  Trying my first challenge as a Ranger now, since I think I care more about keeping my body fat low while I try to put on muscle rather than doing the traditional bulk/cut cycle.  I primarily just lift weights nowadays though have done quite a bit of running in the past... perhaps at some point I'll add some running back into things.

• Like 3

"Take arrows in your forehead, but never in your back" - Samurai Maxim

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4

Battle Log

Hinge HabitsBe Like WaterFailure Should Be WelcomedArchitect Your EnvironmentSet Goals For Processes Not Desires, Minimum Effective Dose 101 

Week 1 Results:

Averaged 1572 calories per day this week: A  

Goal 2: Average at least 150g of protein and 42g of fat per day each week

Averaged 155g of protein per day and 46g of fat per day this week: A  

Goal 3: Walk at least 5 miles per week, with at least a 35 lb. weighted backpack, at a 6% incline, and at a speed of at least 3 mph

Walked exactly 5 miles, with 35 lbs., at a 6% incline, at 3mph: A

• Like 1

Battle Log

Hinge HabitsBe Like WaterFailure Should Be WelcomedArchitect Your EnvironmentSet Goals For Processes Not Desires, Minimum Effective Dose 101 

Week 2 Results:

Averaged 1683 calories per day this week: A  

Averaged 155g of protein per day and 48g of fat per day this week: A  

Walked several times, with 35 lbs., at a 6% incline, at 3mph.  On other days I did a 1.5 mile run to substitute (when I didn't have time to walk): A

Note: I'm amending my calorie goals for weeks 3-6 to be under 1850 calories per week as I'm losing weight a little bit quicker than I would prefer.

• Like 1

Battle Log

Nice work on the goals! You are getting really good results. Woot!

• Like 1

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Week 3 Results:

Goal 1: Average less than 1850 calories per day each week

Averaged 1,727 calories per day this week: A  

Averaged 178g of protein per day and 47g of fat per day this week: A  

Did substitute 1.5mph runs and 3 mile walks: A

Battle Log

Week 4 Results:

Averaged 1,665 calories per day this week: A  

Averaged 165g of protein per day and 49g of fat per day this week: A  

Did substitute 1.5mph runs and 3 mile walks: A

Battle Log

Week 5 Results:

Averaged 1,581 calories per day this week: A  

Averaged 183g of protein per day and 48g of fat per day this week: A  

Did only a few substitute 3 mile walks: C

Battle Log

Week 6 Results:

Averaged 1,435 calories per day this week: A  

Averaged 167g of protein per day and 50g of fat per day this week: A  

Did only a few substitute 3 mile walks: C

Battle Log

Overall, an for this challenge.  I hit my desired macros and calorie goals each week which resulted in consistent, expected fat loss.

Battle Log