Aminarra Rolls a New Character

Aminarra

First up – Emotional Well Being

1. Positive Body Affirmations – Daily

2. Mental Prep for Labor/Delivery–reduce stress and anxiety by learning about it. – 20 Minutes Daily

3. Practice being confident and sassy – fake it until you make it  ;) â€“ 1 Act of Sass Daily

Next – Physical Wellness!

1. Short (15 Minute) Walk – Daily

2. Physical Prep for Labor/Delivery–Make sure I’m up for the challenge by completing recommended exercises from the Mayo Clinic’s Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy. – Every Other Day

3. Strength Training for when Baby Girl arrives!  Babies come with a lot of gear, and a lot of trips up and down stairs… Time to get the practice in now by completing full body (modified) work outs that will include the following exercises at a minimum of every-other day:

• Bicep Curls
  • Squats
  • Overhead Press
  • Rows
  • Tricep Kick-Backs
  • Alternating Arm/Leg Lifts
  • Cat/Cow Stretches
  • Stretches

Side Quest: Level Up the House!

I really want to have a proper nursery for Baby Girl, but we also need a proper guest room for our out of town visitors.  My friends are coming to town within 2 weeks for my baby shower (ee!) and then my in-laws will be in town shortly after Baby Girl is born.  My side quest to level up the house will be to relocate the office to the basement and to convert the office to a proper guest room.  This will involve tearing out a desk that is built in to the room, patching and painting the wall, and moving large heavy furniture from the office to the basement and from the current guest room to the current office.  It’s a big bite to take out of our plans, and I’m not sure if I’ll be able to get it done before Baby Girl makes her debut. It’s on the list, though  :) Let’s go.

Starting Weight: 258.6 using the digital scale in the fitness center, wearing maternity jeans and long-sleeved maroon cotton shirt; 11:20am Monday 7/27/15

post-29657-0-84285300-1438011938_thumb.j

• Like 1

Aminarra, level 2 Ranger

Main Quest: Stay Focused!

No, YOU'RE awesome.

Battle Log | Current Challenge

STR 2|DEX 1|STA 2|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 4

G'morning, here's some SASS to start your day.

Haha, Kat, that's perfect ;) Good morning to you too!

Hi!  Congrats on Baby Girl BTW.

I'm intrigued by the 'act of sass'.  Could you elaborate when you get a sec? 

tumblr_msneunihSo1sx6krro1_500.gif

Ali - Abso-freakin-lutely!  Here's the novel: 

I've been battling with my self esteem lately (read: 2.5 years or so) and it's affected my relationship with my husband.  Now--he's calm, cool, collected, but we're also able to be totally honest with each other.  My lack of self esteem (and thereby complete lack of interest in sexy-times) makes him feel like he just doesn't "do it" for me anymore.  My Acts of Sass is going to be about flirting confidently and reclaiming the confident, sexy, attractive woman I was meant to be. 

Yeah, the timing is weird, what with my being in 3rd trimester and all, but I think that regaining my confidence will last much longer than this pregnancy :) 

Yesterday my "act of sass" was to hit on my hubby sincerely without there being any giggles or jokes to take the edge off. 

Today, I dunno what it'll be, but I want to feel like a powerful female and I want to make him feel like an attractive man ;)

Sassypants~ Love it. XD

Remind me I have to go through my storage and offer up some baby girl things. <3

Eee!! All the baby girl things  :redface:

Aminarra, level 2 Ranger

No, YOU'RE awesome.

Alright - Day 1 Report! 

Got my stickers for Positive Affirmations (Look--I still have an hourglass!), 20 Minutes of MCGHP (read about interventions), Act of Sass - Check!, 15 minute walk (Around a mall!), and I gave myself a sticker for "Labor Exercises" because I dealt with braxton hicks contractions (BH) for the first time ever yesterday... about every half an hour from 11am-8pm.  =/ The triage nurse said that I should do nothing but lay down and drink water... and so I did.  I had a HUGE to-do list that I wanted to accomplish yesterday, so laying down and doing nothing was a challenge.  I gave myself a yellow smilie face sticker for that accomplishment. 

Today, I'm looking for all of the above again, except swapping out the labor exercises for some strength training.  I'm wearing a supportive belly band today, so hoping that helps avoid the BH. 

Aminarra, level 2 Ranger

No, YOU'RE awesome.

Week 1 Summary: 

s9tQ1HZl.jpg

I started out with an opportunity to earn 42 stickers (alternating days ST vs Labor Exercises).  Due to circumstances beyond my control, my opportunity for stickers was reasonably reduced to 37.  Of those, I have earned 28*, or 75.6% - a C average!  I'd like to really step it up in week two :D This is one challenge that I don't want to fade on.. If I can complete this challenge--no matter how great or poorly I perform--it'll be one of the first that I actually see through to completion.  That'd be a big accomplishment in and of itself. 

*My act of Sass was accomplished during the writing of this post ;) 

• Like 2

Aminarra, level 2 Ranger

No, YOU'RE awesome.

I L.O.V.E. love your sticker chart!!! I keep a sticker chart (really just a calendar with stickers, not as fancy as yours) for my workout days. Because stickers!

I really like your emotional well being goals and think I might add some similar goals next challenge.

• Like 1

Ranger/Recruit/Professional Do-gooder

Challenge #1Challenge #2, Challenge #3, Challenge #4, Challenge #5, Challenge #6

Challenge #7, Challenge #8Challenge #9, Challenge #10, Challenge #11,

Challenge #12, Challenge #13,  Challenge #14,

Challenge #15, Challenge #16 , Current Challenge

"The Hardest thing in this world is to live in it. Be brave. Live." -Buffy Summers

I L.O.V.E. love your sticker chart!!! I keep a sticker chart (really just a calendar with stickers, not as fancy as yours) for my workout days. Because stickers!

I really like your emotional well being goals and think I might add some similar goals next challenge.

I need a sticker chart!!!

I made this one in Excel and I got stickers at the dollar store :D

I have a calendar in my room but half the time I don't even flip the month let alone look at it daily.. My sticker chart, though, I keep that handy at my desk and it fits easily into my purse :D

Unfortunately, I left it at work T^T I'm on vacation until next Tuesday! LOL Whoops. 

Lessee yesterday... I definitely would get stickers for house level up, 15 minutes walk, positive affirmation... Act of sass for sure. 

Balls.  I didn't work out aside from the 'house level up.'  We spent 2.5 hrs cleaning and rearranging furniture. =/ booooo

Aminarra, level 2 Ranger

No, YOU'RE awesome.

Looking back on my sticker-charts, I'm really not doing much better than a C-Average so far.  I'm really going to have to step up my game for the last half of the challenge!! 

ipsdI77l.jpg

YvWjpCql.jpg

I was dealt a sucker punch this week--Doc stopped just shy of putting me on bedrest.  Walking is a doosie after about 15 minutes =/ 

Originally I struck strength training off my chart altogether, but one of the NFAW members reminded me that Steve wasn't kidding when he said that nutrition was 80-90% of the battle... So, with renewed vigor, I'm replacing the Strength Training goal with a Freggies goal for the last 3 weeks and 2 Days of this challenge!  I am committing to eating either a fruit or vegetable with every meal, and swapping out at least one snack/day with a fruit or a veggie. 

JgSKY5xl.jpg

Aminarra, level 2 Ranger

No, YOU'RE awesome.

11863311_10153601166082112_7346219595133

I had a *Really* good day on day 3 of week 4...... .and then I didn't track any more that week.  It's anyone's guess how well I did or didn't do! 

Week 5 is going well, though :D ESPECIALLY with freggies.  I've really been focusing on it, and it's going well.  Yesterday I wanted to willfully eat ice cream, but it kind of played out like this: 

Me: "going to go get my ice cream..."
Him: "I am SO SORRY!" *don't-hate-me-grin*
Me: "WHAT? SERIOUSLY?!"
Him: "I'm sorry! I've been here all week and I was bored..."
Me: *sardonic grin* "I'll go get a green pepper then..."

11939138_10153620103347112_1875509537_o.

Aminarra, level 2 Ranger

No, YOU'RE awesome.